Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Decided I'm going to do a beef wellington for Xmas dinner this year. Looking forward to dropping some serious coin on a Prime tenderloin from the 'Co :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

The Midniter posted:

Decided I'm going to do a beef wellington for Xmas dinner this year. Looking forward to dropping some serious coin on a Prime tenderloin from the 'Co :getin:

We always make tamales for the holidays. I wish Costco would carry bags of masa. That'd be fuckin' TiiiiiiGhhhhhhhght. I need to some how fully integrate costco into my family one way or another.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Where can i buy the special tamale grind masa

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
get the seasoned prime rib roast

its incredibly good

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

any hispanic market/bodega from Nov 1st to Dec 31st.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

For real those frozen mini eclair things are low key one of the best things at church. I only tried them for the first time recently (I've had them at parties for sure but never realized they were a Costco item) and I can't believe I never bought them before.

I only allow myself to buy that or the good potato salad in one trip though, so I alternate.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
we went last night at 7:30 pm, drat it was pretty loving busy for a monday night, I had thought everyone would have gone over the long 4 day weekend. i went to get a price difference on an item and the customer service was really long but I guess thats more expected.

also they were either out or not stocking the twin pack of the living butter lettuce, was hoping to get a romaine replacement but oh well. got a bunch of the staples though, crystal geyser sparkling water, paper towels, toilet paper, unsalted roasted almonds, tilimook 2013 cheddar (this is insanely good btw if you haven't tried it). i forgot to get some meats for the winter cause it's stew season but next time.

thinking about getting the 7.5' prelit christmas tree, our last one got stolen out of storage (who the gently caress steals a christmas tree??). kinda pricy tho for $300, I dont know how fake trees got so expensive. theres one from amazon for $199 but it wont get here till the 11th and that's not christmas spirit-y enough

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 28, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm sad our Costco does not carry bulk cumin like they do other spices.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Just roll to the whole foods bulk bins for spices, cheap and good quality.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

Just roll to the whole foods bulk bins for spices, cheap and good quality.

Or any grocery store but in the hispanic aisle

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a NY strip loin the other day, and also the million-pack of toilet paper.

Costco is taking care of me both when it goes in, and when it comes out.

Then I sleep under a Sherpa.

Just goddam.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

GORDON posted:

I bought a NY strip loin the other day, and also the million-pack of toilet paper.

Costco is taking care of me both when it goes in, and when it comes out.

Then I sleep under a Sherpa.

Just goddam.

Vertical Integration.

Synergy.

PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

put your baby in a costco bassinet when he's born, bury him in a costco casket when he dies

PBUC

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I make a drat fine meatloaf, thank you very much, but last week I really didn't want to cook on Thanksgiving Eve Eve, so I made a trip to the Co for some meatloaf as mentioned in this thread. $13.99 gets you two softball-sized meatloaves (meatsloaf?) and a heap of mashed taters. It was great! A little dense, maybe even sausage-y, but good. Fed 3 at dinner with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches.

Also got like a 48 pack of frozen spanakopita, and they're great! Packaged in 12 individually sealed packs, so you can break down the big box and stack them if your freezer is running low on horizontal space.

Still looking for the Naanwich and French onion pucks, neither of which seem to have made it to my local chapter. PBUC!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

If youre anywhere near SoCal, Vallarta or Superior markets carry huge fuckoff bags of them, the giant pots to steam them in, and the corn husks.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

If youre anywhere near SoCal, Vallarta or Superior markets carry huge fuckoff bags of them, the giant pots to steam them in, and the corn husks.

Don’t forget the giant bags of dried chiles to make the sauce!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fischtick posted:

I make a drat fine meatloaf, thank you very much, but last week I really didn't want to cook on Thanksgiving Eve Eve, so I made a trip to the Co for some meatloaf as mentioned in this thread. $13.99 gets you two softball-sized meatloaves (meatsloaf?) and a heap of mashed taters. It was great! A little dense, maybe even sausage-y, but good. Fed 3 at dinner with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches.

Also got like a 48 pack of frozen spanakopita, and they're great! Packaged in 12 individually sealed packs, so you can break down the big box and stack them if your freezer is running low on horizontal space.

Still looking for the Naanwich and French onion pucks, neither of which seem to have made it to my local chapter. PBUC!

If they would take that pile of gross taters out and do two more novelty footballs of meat it would be a lot better

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Just in time for the holidays, the popcornopolis Zebra popcorn is on sale this month. Literally the best dessert popcorn ever made. Also if you serve it individually in little stoneware bowls or whatever you have on hand it makes an easy, incredible dinner party dessert.

It is SO rich. A relatively small bag weighs 1.5 POUNDS. This stuff doesn't gently caress around. It's the perfect richness to where you just eat a handful or two and you're set.

Warning: do not have the actual bag out in the open at any time. The desire to snack on it will be too great, and you will feel like poo poo after eating way too much of it. Get the bag out, take what you want, and put that poo poo back in the pantry.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Taima posted:

Just in time for the holidays, the popcornopolis Zebra popcorn is on sale this month. Literally the best dessert popcorn ever made. Also if you serve it individually in little stoneware bowls or whatever you have on hand it makes an easy, incredible dinner party dessert.

It is SO rich. A relatively small bag weighs 1.5 POUNDS. This stuff doesn't gently caress around. It's the perfect richness to where you just eat a handful or two and you're set.

Warning: do not have the actual bag out in the open at any time. The desire to snack on it will be too great, and you will feel like poo poo after eating way too much of it. Get the bag out, take what you want, and put that poo poo back in the pantry.

I can't buy this poo poo anymore because I can kill a bag in 3 days

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Taima posted:

Everything about this post is 100% true, zebra popcorn is insanely addicting.

fischtick posted:

My Costco just got the French onion pucks in today so hopefully yours did too. If they get the Naanwich back it probably won't be anytime soon, maybe in the spring or summer. But to be honest, while the Naanwich was very good, it was bit on the pricey side. I'm sure you could make the same thing yourself for a lot cheaper. I usually don't care much about the price of stuff like that, but that one stuck out to me which is why I never bought it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
reveal yourselves

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Couple-Gets-Married-inside-Costco-in-Mission-Valley-501563172.html

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

It's Kristen Schaal

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I feel like I may have asked before, but hVe any of you bought a couch from Costco? I need a new one but they only ever have one or two out on the display to try out.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

dantheman650 posted:

I feel like I may have asked before, but hVe any of you bought a couch from Costco? I need a new one but they only ever have one or two out on the display to try out.

My wife and I bought one but had to return it because it was an inch too long in both directions. Seemed like a really nice couch. Returning it was super easy.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

El Jebus posted:

My wife and I bought one but had to return it because it was an inch too long in both directions. Seemed like a really nice couch. Returning it was super easy.

Uhhhhhhhh

uhhh

So it was supposed to fill a room from wall to wall? Like a rug?

That's not how my couch works

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

dantheman650 posted:

Well first of all, it's odd that they don't have a display for all of their furniture. They should have a display for every piece of furniture they sell. But in general their furniture is decent quality, although you could probably find similar stuff cheaper if you look elsewhere. Costco's furniture season officially starts the day after Christmas. They might put some stuff out early if they have space to do it, but all of their furniture is available to buy starting December 26th.

I haven't actually bought any furniture from Costco other than a night stand that I love, but I also need to get a couch so I was planning on taking a look once they get everything in.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

raton posted:

Uhhhhhhhh

uhhh

So it was supposed to fill a room from wall to wall? Like a rug?

That's not how my couch works

Prolly stuck out a bit too far into a place people normally walk.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

But to be honest, while the Naanwich was very good, it was bit on the pricey side. I'm sure you could make the same thing yourself for a lot cheaper. I usually don't care much about the price of stuff like that, but that one stuck out to me which is why I never bought it.

This is true. It's nice, but not filling enough to eat just one so it ends up being a lot pricier than it should be.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

We’ve had a Costco couch sectional for almost two years. It’s gray and boring looking but super comfortable. I think it was about $900?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Will they do delivery from the store? Ain’t no way I’m fitting those giant sectional couch boxes in my hatch.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jingleheimer posted:

My Costco just got the French onion pucks in today so hopefully yours did too. If they get the Naanwich back it probably won't be anytime soon, maybe in the spring or summer. But to be honest, while the Naanwich was very good, it was bit on the pricey side. I'm sure you could make the same thing yourself for a lot cheaper. I usually don't care much about the price of stuff like that, but that one stuck out to me which is why I never bought it.

binge crotching posted:

This is true. It's nice, but not filling enough to eat just one so it ends up being a lot pricier than it should be.
Yeah the bang for the value just isn't there and I really wouldn't recommend them. Suhki (the makes of the naanwiches) also sell just big cartons of butter/tikka chicken and also naan, so just buy those seperately and make your own imo.

I also don't consider myself a heavy eater, despite being a goon, and I was still often just not quite satisfied alone with 1 for a quick portable microwaveble lunch, which kinda defeats the purpose since you probably don't want to eat 2 which would actually be just a bit too much (tho I think you easily could put down 2) If you had a side, it'd be fine.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I just got a couch chair ottoman combo from the Co. It's been a week or so and it seems like I'm keeping it. They were out of the color we wanted when I placed the order so I got boring grey. It fits our space well.

It's this one.

https://www.costco.com/James-3-piece-Fabric-Set.product.100418062.html

I suppose I should make my own post. In the past 6 months since relocating and starting a new job I have bought a number of mostly house items at the Costco.

A mortgage.

The aforementioned living room furniture set.

A big living room rug.

Shop lights for the garage.

3x bathrom/wall lights.

3x toilets

A king mattress

Many sets of sheets

Shop lights for the garage

Many door/welcome mats

A christmas tree.

Many dogs

I just used the online webpage to do a price adjustment for an item that went on sale. I had the refund 3 days later. Totally sweet.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/promopricematch

That is all.

PBUC

E. These are the shops lights that are on sale. They are great.

https://www.costco.com/Feit-4-Linkable-LED-Shop-Light-2-pack.product.100410429.html

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 30, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
some jerk brought a whole container of Kirkland chocolate covered almonds into the office!!!

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Chinatown posted:

some jerk brought a whole container of Kirkland chocolate covered almonds into the office!!!

I'm going to go to Costco this weekend and be the jerk. I want Christmas goodies without having to eat them all myself

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Make that loving rear end in a top hat pay by eating all of them!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Schmeichy posted:

I'm going to go to Costco this weekend and be the jerk. I want Christmas goodies without having to eat them all myself
ive been on a diet but passing the holiday christmas desserts aisle iwth all the chocolate truffles, danish butter cookies, belgian chocolate almond caramels, and everything was like loving torture and i was just staring drooling all over the place mouth agape. i could especially go for that giant tin of danish utter cookies right now god drat those own.

office is always a good idea because they are good values and everything christmas cookie/chocolates is loving addicting and fattening as hell

god speed goonsir

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Xaris posted:

ive been on a diet but passing the holiday christmas desserts aisle iwth all the chocolate truffles, danish butter cookies, belgian chocolate almond caramels, and everything was like loving torture and i was just staring drooling all over the place mouth agape. i could especially go for that giant tin of danish utter cookies right now god drat those own.

office is always a good idea because they are good values and everything christmas cookie/chocolates is loving addicting and fattening as hell

god speed goonsir

I've exercised so much loving self restraint not buying a pack of reko pizelles every costco trip because they're like 500 calories a piece and it's easy to eat like 30 in a sitting. Now my local grocery story has small packs of them and now i have to avoid the whole "ethnic" section.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Steeling myself for weekend holiday season Costco. If I don't come back, eat jamón in my honor

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's 85 F outside and I'm looking at a pallet of mittens

Oh Costco :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

I've exercised so much loving self restraint not buying a pack of reko pizelles every costco trip because they're like 500 calories a piece and it's easy to eat like 30 in a sitting. Now my local grocery story has small packs of them and now i have to avoid the whole "ethnic" section.

calories are like vitamins where if you take 1000x your daily value the extra just passes harmlessly through you