Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
DMC5 on the horizon in January and looking really really loving good .... I just picked 4:SE and decided to start a new save because I don't remember what was going on last time, planning on getting the HD trilogy after this so I can replay 1, 3, and maybe even 2. What's everyone else's relationship to Devil May Cry?

I think In Training played the first game but not sure if he picked up the sequels yet. Personally I have beaten 1 and 3, and 3 is in my top few games of all time ...... I've never actually made it to the Dante section in 4 before but I hope once I do so can enjoy it as much as 3

edit: also I just realized that the character select in DMC4 isn't just a reskin thing, it's like 3 different characters (or pairs of characters) all with their own cutscenes and weapons and moves and poo poo? holy crap..

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

dmc2 literally had a clothing deal

I bought the hd collection this summer and played the first game like three times in a week. It was the first time I played it in like 10+ years and it's good once you get used to how it plays. Then I played 2 and it really is as terrible as everyone says. Dante barely talks the whole game and the gameplay is nothing like the first one. I've never played 3 but want to get to it soon.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

dmc1 also has a bunch of weird flavor text and this one feels straight out of bloodborne.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

goferchan posted:

edit: also I just realized that the character select in DMC4 isn't just a reskin thing, it's like 3 different characters (or pairs of characters) all with their own cutscenes and weapons and moves and poo poo? holy crap..

the characters are new but the level structure's the same, they just added new intro/end cutscenes

the extra characters are fun but DMC4 needed more enemies and bosses way more than it needed more characters

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
capcom are cool .. everyone else seems to insult them a lot. maybe its just cos i dont play street fighter?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
there was a period not too long ago where they were mishandling everything that wasn't Monster Hunter, now they mostly just gently caress up their fighting games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Street Fighter 5 is AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Street Fighter V gives everyone who plays it bloody, smelly diarrhea with corn in it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

capcom are cool .. everyone else seems to insult them a lot. maybe its just cos i dont play street fighter?

between dmc and monster hunter, theyre one of my faves

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

wish they would make another game like dragon's dogma but I'm looking forward to DMC V, especially with no news about Bayonetta 3

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat I'm on like mission 7 of dmc4 now and this game is great, I didn't like Nero as much as Dante at first but the grapple move is super fun once you get the hang of it , it seems like you can chain aerial juggles forever. The level design is interesting so far and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it, it feels like more of a throwback to the Resident Evil inspired areas of DMC1 as opposed to DMC3 where levels were mostly straightforward enemy gauntlets like Bayonetta or whatever. Also of capcom im redownloading REmake right now , never got very far in it wen I played on the gamecube

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The only DmC I’ve played is the Ninja Theory reboot :tipshat:

I got DMC4 on game pass so I’m about to change that

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I prefer Bayonetta

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Over There posted:

I prefer Bayonetta

Bayonetta is really slick and one of my favorite games but the scoring system is a little too accommodating IMO and doesn't really give you an incentive to nerd out with combos-- I like how Devil May Cry has rapidly diminishing returns for spamming the same moves over and over, while in Bayonetta you can basically keep your multipliers maxed out by just not getting hit and not going too long without hitting an enemy.

Not to say Bayonetta is too easy, because it's not, I just find myself having to play more thoughtfully and improvise more often when it comes to DMC

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DMC3 is an awesome game, i didn't like 4 or the other one but capcoms done a really hard pivot after some dark times so i hope the new one is good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gonna do a lil spiel here about Ultra Street Foghter 2: The Final Challengers,

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DMC3 is one of my fave games ever. Royal Guard ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3PLU2jRI8M

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Gonna do a lil spiel here about Ultra Street Foghter 2: The Final Challengers,

how'd you make time for that between overwatch and chasm?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I flushed Chasm and uninstalled Overmeme to make room for ripping TNG onto my computer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bitch.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Assum

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

...And I'm reinstalling it the second I'm done watching that rear end! Can't slow my roll now with 48,000 hours in the worst poo poo I've ever played! Make sure you fistfuck that follow button into the sky and send your boy some Subbin' Lovin'. Wormskill Out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've tried to play DMC3 like 4 times and stop after a hour or two. It's always the same hallway I think too where you have to kill like 300 birds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dmc1 and 4, however, are fully based.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Capcom ruined some of my favorite franchises through poor management and greed, but I'm glad it seems like they're on an upswing now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was funny when they walked out at E3 Microsoft stage and said dmc5 is a real DMC game!!! We're back baby! Minutes after the crowd had politely applauded the announcement that ninja theory was making a new game for Xbox

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Capcom ruined some of my favorite franchises through poor management and greed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I flushed Chasm and uninstalled Overmeme to make room for ripping TNG onto my computer.

isnt that on netflix?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Netflix DRM poo poo fucks up how it looks on my computer and it’s not on switch yet and I don’t feel like digging out my ps3 or Wii U.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
dont even get me started about drm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I've tried to play DMC3 like 4 times and stop after a hour or two. It's always the same hallway I think too where you have to kill like 300 birds.

Christ alive

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Don't know how I feel about REmake, i've never played a pre-4 resident evil game really. It's cool but trying to kill the dogs pissed me off. I'm using the tank controls because it seems like the game would be way too easy without them; not sure if that's a bad idea

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I guess i'm about 20 years late with this take but this mansion was designed by a total nut case. Are you kidding me?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

Don't know how I feel about REmake, i've never played a pre-4 resident evil game really. It's cool but trying to kill the dogs pissed me off. I'm using the tank controls because it seems like the game would be way too easy without them; not sure if that's a bad idea

Your not allowed to use the non-tank controls unless your a speed runner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even speed runners use tank controls right. Bc it's easier to do baits.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

They're rough to go back to after 4 but still cool to experience

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you have to make more than a couple sharp turns in the game I can't imagine it being anything but overall slower to use tank controls. But, I've never played it so whatever. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After playing every RE game in the span of 4 months I started to hate games that didn't have tank controls lol