Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I’m probably in the minority but to me Teslas are just the ugliest loving cars on the planet

reminds me of the weird audis from the minority report movie. not a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

idk about ugliest but after seeing the audi shots they're nowhere close to being the sexiest

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Mr. Apollo posted:

other than their price I don’t get their status as a luxury vehicle.

the doors open by themsefs and you get a big infotainment/maps/climate control screen

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Silver Alicorn posted:

the doors open by themsefs and you get a big infotainment/maps/climate control screen

u can also play pacman or whatever other gimmicky poo poo instead of having brakes that stop the car

mystes
May 31, 2006

I’m probably in the minority but to me Teslas are just the ugliest loving cars on the planet
They're not supposed to look good, they're supposed to be easily identifiable. Of course, in a few years when everything looks like that they'll have to change it (for example look at the 2019 Prius).

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

u can also play pacman or whatever other gimmicky poo poo instead of having brakes that stop the car

pacman only stops when he hits walls so in a way youre actually driving the car

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

reminds me of the weird audis from the minority report movie. not a good thing

Lexus in Minority Report

Audi in iRobot

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

They're far from the ugliest loving cars on the planet, but they aren't gorgeous by any means.

The model s is a generic large sedan with no real distinguishing features. It looks like a Jaguar that someone ran meshSmooth on a few times.

the model x is the same car but scaled vertically 140% so it is quite disproportionate. bloated and gross looking.

The model 3 is a generic midsize sedan with no real distinguishing features except the neo-mouth front end, which at least is an attempt at something new and unusual, though it's not very well resolved.

The best-looking Tesla is the roadster, which looks like a zippy little sports car with fairly tight bodywork, but that's because it's a lotus with different front and rear clamshells.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It looks like the car from the new RoboCop.

Really boring

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

The model s is a generic large sedan with no real distinguishing features. It looks like a Jaguar that someone ran meshSmooth on a few times.
it looks like it was designed by an algorithm that averaged the parameters of thirty other luxury sedans

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

it looks like it was designed by an algorithm that averaged the parameters of thirty other luxury sedans

but enough about musk's melty face

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
model 3 looks like a lovely chrysler sedan from the 2000s on the outside

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fishmech posted:

model 3 looks like a lovely chrysler sedan from the 2000s on the outside

too bad they couldn’t live up to 2000s Chrysler build quality

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The e tron GT is a Porsche taycan chassis with Audi components. Here's a little hint about sports cars by the way : if an established manufacturer gives you vehicle dimensions on the millimeter in his prospects and advertisements, but you can't find a single weight or mass information apart from "our new battery technology is allowing us to make lighter electric vehicles" then this is because the manufacturer is so ashamed about how fat the car is that he fears becoming a laughingstock in objective comparisons.

The taycan/e tron GT will weight in a long way over the 2 tons, making them awful performance cars past the one gimmick trick all EVs have, accelerating from a stand still.

Yes its still 10 times less stupid than a tesla because at least it's a good car.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 29, 2018

the onion wizard
Apr 14, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

also apparently ford is making an electric mustang :fap:

i was briefly excited about this until i found out it's going to be a crossover 🤮

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Rex-Goliath posted:

idk about ugliest but after seeing the audi shots they're nowhere close to being the sexiest

Idgi why automakers feel the need to include fake front grills for electric cars

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Significant Ant posted:

Idgi why automakers feel the need to include fake front grills for electric cars

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 29, 2018

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Combat Theory posted:

The e tron GT is a Porsche taycan chassis with Audi components. Here's a little hint about sports cars by the way : if an established manufacturer gives you vehicle dimensions on the millimeter in his prospects and advertisements, but you can't find a single weight or mass information apart from "our new battery technology is allowing us to make lighter electric vehicles" then this is because the manufacturer is so ashamed about how fat the car is that he fears becoming a laughingstock in objective comparisons.

The taycan/e tron GT will weight in a long way over the 2 tons, making them awful performance cars past the one gimmick trick all EVs have, accelerating from a stand still.

Yes its still 10 times less stupid than a tesla because at least it's a good car.

quote:

Audi did not release the official curb weight of the e-tron, but the battery system alone weighs 1543 pounds.

oof

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

what the hell are canadian senior citizens supposed to do once florida returns to the ocean?

i don't want them all hanging around up here all year

annex turks & caicos imo

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

idgaf gritty loving owns

lucy parsons loving owns

Mr. Apollo posted:

590 HP
0-60 in 3.5 seconds
90 kWh battery pack
149 mph top speed
248 mile range
800 volt charging system (almost dead to 80% charged in 20 minutes)
Does it also blow up on month 37 of ownership like other audis? Also audi will have an EV SUV for 2019 already, and that's bound to sell way more than this.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 29, 2018

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
bring back column shifting imo

mewse
May 2, 2006

grimes is alive everybody

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6278619/Elon-Musk-47-takes-girlfriend-Grimes-30-pumpkin-patch-five-sons.html

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

So glad this national nightmare is over.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the new hondas civic are the ugliest car on the planet

Mr. Apollo posted:

other than their price I don’t get their status as a luxury vehicle.

its the same as orzo and spin class

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Combat Theory posted:

short of a revolution in materials science or fundamental physics, no one anywhere ever will release a lightweight BEV. that's just not going to be a thing unless it has a range of like 50km

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

graph posted:

what's wrong with orzo?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

graph posted:

Nah, they're ugly, but the ugliest is still the Aztec

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

didn't know musk has five kids, that's a lot for a guy with the emotional maturity of a college freshman

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

didn't know musk has five kids, that's a lot for a guy with the emotional maturity of a college freshman

thats exactly why he has five kids...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
14-year-old twins Griffin and Xavier and 12-year-old triplets, Kai, Saxon and Damian,

:laffo:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

a number of things to point out here

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

phil hellmuth rear end looking motherfucker sending his nips to space

also that audi is hot and if you wouldn't drive it sorry you have the biggest dick in the world ok

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm gonna get me a Hyundai electric because they actually know how to car

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol he's getting roid boobies

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

i have been confused by this too but was afraid to ask

he was on John Oliver once so that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
lol at elon being "undercover" wearing all black and a hat with his prominent assistant and grahms with her blue hair and giant mirrored sunglasses and photographers all around

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

muckswirler posted:

phil hellmuth rear end looking motherfucker

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what was fragmasters version

bob fillmaff or something

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

muckswirler posted:

phil hellmuth rear end looking motherfucker sending his nips to space

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

KoRMaK posted:

It looks like the car from the new RoboCop.

Really boring

itym Really boring company

Roosevelt posted:

a number of things to point out here

dude lookin like putin having a fat day