Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only "grooming supplies" a man needs are Barbasol shaving foam, a hard bar of plain soap, and a decent antiperspirant. Anymore and you may as well be one of those disgusting "go to the gym and shower" guys that wouldn't be able to build a railroad worth a drat at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Gotta rep that bacon so people know you're a Real Man.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LawfulWaffle posted:

Gotta rep that bacon so people know you're a Real Man.

Repping a sausage would probably be too gay

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Important cultural value, bacon

I wonder to what extent bacon fetishism is anti-semitic/anti-islamic

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Incredible that that whole thing was about grooming products lmao.

Uh this isn’t exfoliant it’s hand sandpaper brother

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
The only correct manly way to clean yourself is in the river beneath the charred corpses of your human sacrifices.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The only food I need is fatback because I'm a man!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
DUKE CANNON believes in the thin blue line! DUKE CANNON supports our troops SO HARD

please buy my lip balm and wipies

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Definitely Islamophobia behind it. Don't forget owning vegans too. These idiots act like eating bacon is the equivalent of shoving kryponite in front of superman's face.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Reminds me of DUDE WIPES

Which are just normal flushable wipes but cost like 8x as much because they're in BLACK PACKAGING and made for DUDES.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
OK though seriously, if you've never been in charge of wrangling a whole manscape of dudes that need wiping, then don't knock Dude Wipes

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Duke Cannon also reminds me of Grunt Style, another company selling basically DaShareZone but serious T-shirts to insecure MAGA bros

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Its name also sounds suspiciously like a gay euphemism.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Dick Burglar posted:

Reminds me of DUDE WIPES

Which are just normal flushable wipes but cost like 8x as much because they're in BLACK PACKAGING and made for DUDES.

the worst thing is that they are unscented, i mean the sweet smell of baby wipes is the onlyu deordorant I NEED

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
There are times I regret being a pacifist, and reading that Duke Cannon nonsense was one of those times. Why not just call your mascot Big Dick Bigdick?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Goddamn, just be hypermasculine if you want to and shut the gently caress up. Who cares. No one is making you stop, we just want society to accept other alternatives of gender expression because they're cool and valid too. Not all men have to be "MACHO MACHO MAN BACON MEAT WHISKEY" and that's okay!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Goddamn, just be hypermasculine if you want to and shut the gently caress up. Who cares. No one is making you stop, we just want society to accept other alternatives of gender expression because they're cool and valid too. Not all men have to be "MACHO MACHO MAN BACON MEAT WHISKEY" and that's okay!

Thanks for allowing me to fly my macho manly flag.

Time to change my name to Big Whisky Dick. There is no way that could be interpreted wrong so everyone will love and adore me.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

if you're the kinda dude who is going to buy into that hypermasculine poo poo, that copy will def speak to you

could prob get some more dudes wearing eyeliner if we bro'd it up a bit.

MORE LIKE MANSCARA 💪💪💪

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

We tried that in the 90s, with "guyliner".

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Male polish!

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

We tried that in the 90s, with "guyliner".

ARE YOU A PUSSY IDIOT

ONLY PUSSY IDIOTS USE guyliner

WANT BACON

MANSCARA IS ALL YOU NEED

TO

PUND

THAT

PUSS

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Maint, Man Taint

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
drat females making everything about them. Why aren't there any hemale products.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The copy needs work but u get the point.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

drat females making everything about them. Why aren't there any hemale products.

If Fe males are iron women does that mean He males are helium boys?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

There was at one point and probably still is a company that marketed pig based gun oil so that you could not just kill Muslims, you could be sure to send them to hell.

I am not googling to find that though.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Duluth Trading Company copywriter looks like a fun if extraneous job. Pretty much all their ad copy is embarrassing, and makes me wish their pants were made better for a less psychotic company.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Their crotch gusset may be useful but it looks loving terrible.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

honda whisperer posted:

There was at one point and probably still is a company that marketed pig based gun oil so that you could not just kill Muslims, you could be sure to send them to hell.

I am not googling to find that though.

Which is super not how that works at all, but we are talking about the low-information community.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Duke cannon seems like they want to go back to a previous time but when you consider America is the worst it's ever been right now are they really so wrong?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Yes, because they're coming from the right, not the left.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Duke cannon seems like they want to go back to a previous time but when you consider America is the worst it's ever been right now are they really so wrong?

Yes.

The twentieth century was also poo poo, especially if you weren't a straight white dude with some money.

I realize that's who they're marketing their garbage to, but.

BRB, incorporating my Shays's Rebellion line of male grooming products.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

I really don't think that America is the worst it's ever been right now. I mean, slavery? Virulent white supremacy? Chinese Exclusion Acts? Literal internment camps for Japanese people? poo poo sucks sure but things were way worse in the past.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Only thing that's changed from any of what you just described is the specific demography of the victims.

It's not the crotch gusset I'm in love with, it's the kneepads and a billion pockets.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

Only thing that's changed from any of what you just described is the specific demography of the victims.

Hahaha, no. No it's not even remotely the same. Slavery? Come on now.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hahaha, no. No it's not even remotely the same. Slavery? Come on now.

:stare: The 13th Amendment, comrade? Kamala Harris? Really?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

We have literal child internment camps. We haven't come that far.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, and still isn't as bad as it used to be. I'm not saying it's great, but it's not "the worst the country has been" either. That's all.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
But really, slavery is just fine given that it was Africans kidnapping and selling other Africans into slavery even before the first crackers arrived. Thanks for this important point that those reflexively opposed to slavery might've glossed over.

Before that, we STILL had slavery, often of children. I'm talking as recently as the year before whatever year Obama started putting children in rape camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yup. And there was also a time when the US Army genocided the Native Americans, an entire war that killed hundreds of thousands and displaced even more and destroyed more than half the country, and a time when people would happily take pictures of lynchings and put them on post cards to promote their towns.

I don't think we're disagreeing here. I'm just saying it has been worse in the past.