Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

IMprimis, Reflect doesn’t seem to be a pro-town power

also it seems like a fakeClaim because how would you know if reflected or not?

also it being one-shot sounds fake

also your one-shot convemiently failed

also even if it was real, what was your reasoning for using it on binus? :lol:

also your post/vote History looks scummy regardless

I know it failed because Jimmy told me it did.

My reasoning was the even cop was dead so other town action targeting Binus was unlikely, so either nothing would happen or I'd reflect a kill or other action back onto scum/SK/3p. I read Binus as fairly town and somewhat active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anything cool happen at night. I'm here awaiting instructions and nothing.

Is this thing on? *taps wire*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
A full list of people I wont vote for include everyone in p much cleared

Pretty much cleared imo:
Myself
Bee
Sal
Max
ASF

Null:
Toal

Deffo scum:
Nep
Reggae
Kb

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I fell asleep before deadline. My bad. It’s possible that I was jailed last night, but I doubt that was the action

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Max posted:

Still kinda think ASF is lazy scum. Hal's attempt at throwing shade on ASF doesn't seem fake on his part.

This is the post right?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Doubly so since it came 2 minutes after the actual vote and they felt like they needed to come back and justify it before they got called out on it. It's also a pretty empty reason too and doesn't even really address why Sal said he unvoted.

Hmm, I guess so! It was D1 posting posting though.

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a firm grasp on when scum would bus each other lightly or not.

ASF's original posts that prompted Max and Hal's interaction with them, for your easy reading pleasure:

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's day one, the votes have to go somewhere.

##vote Sal

A Sometimes Food posted:

Like I'm thinking this through and objecting to a day one vote like this looks bad to me. The only people who know if a vote is good or not at this stage is scum.

"It's also a pretty empty reason and doesn't even really address why Sal said he unvoted'. The reason that ASF was trying to give being 'unvoting a joke candidate is scummy because scum only know at this point who the 'good' candidates are and everyone else should be uncertain'. Yeah, I guess that's townish.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Doors anyone object to free cuddling asf and then cuddling KB? I want to lunch everyone that didn't vote for KB and I feel those 2 are the place too start

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m wondering why birdstrike didn’t immediately vote kb

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Doors anyone object to free cuddling asf and then cuddling KB? I want to lunch everyone that didn't vote for KB and I feel those 2 are the place too start

I do. I'm p sure it's out of nep, kb, reggae and clord.

Like 85%

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I do. I'm p sure it's out of nep, kb, reggae and clord.

Like 85%

lol you forgot CLord existed in your other list.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

b-minus1 posted:

I’m wondering why birdstrike didn’t immediately vote kb

no brib. Only

hAWKE

and do you mean Today or yesterday? Becuase today we can dunk scum-ASF for free and then scum kB; severrly crippling scums’ operations

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Pretty much cleared imo:
Myself
Bee
Sal
Max
ASF

Null:
Toal

Deffo scum:
Nep
Reggae
Kb

How am I 'defo scum' given my play yesterday?

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Okay I have a fun proposition.

If we lunch KB right now we'll get nothing. We won't have the ability to link him to the third scumbo (which probably exists) given he's just made a lot of noise on a non-vote on HAWKE. Why don't we leave KB alive?

Just imagine being scum and having to suffer trying to pretend like you're town while town ignores your 'reads' and 'advice'. He'll practically scum-claim eventually to end the misery.

Also I'm anti-lunching ASF. Lazy quiet play isn't necessarily a reason to lunch. Unless it's become a community standard to use the lights-out, I'm against possibly reducing our possible numbers (if ASF is town, which I think they are) just for the sake of 'making sure' when we don't know what the setup is yet.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Would still rather vote Hawke. Would also prefer a Nep vote.

King Burgundy posted:

And Nep's vote was the third vote I'm pretty sure. And at the time he switched I think Solus was at like 6 votes or something. (don't have time to look back right now) I really don't think there is any chance Nep voting Hal with no actual case or support could ever lead to a Hal vote out there. It was super safe.

I'm more focused on Hawke at the moment, but I'll fit in the time at some point to do that vote analysis more carefully on Nep and prove my point.

Nep's probably town.

##vote kb

Too consolidate some votes.

I'd prefer nep or clord but kb is also on my roster for scum at this point

King Burgundy posted:

Fascinating.

What changed in the 2 and a half hours since here?

##vote nep

Null on kb.

Need to confer with the dogfather

As much as it pains me to say it, so is AA probably.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote asdf

b l o o d

:thunk:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

Has a busy day and thought I still had 5 hours before the day would begin

b-minus1 posted:

If you have to ask then that post was not meant for you

So clearly you're not going to talk about this right now but I am definitely circling back around to this at the end of the game because I can't make heads or tails of how the day starting when it did would matter for anything

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

chaoslord posted:

The votes on KB are:

Town Man Hawke calling KB out for waving away what he reads as suspicious posts in Hal's history, a vote from Max which I don't see any context before around quickly apart from KB being part of his voting bloc and testing that, and then AA who, as KB points out, had a quick change of heart.

The two b- votes before mine appear to be a jokevote from Nat and a policy vote from Toal.

Huh, I was kinda expecting more than that.

Let's all vote chaoslord once KB confirms he is scum. KB what do you think of chaoslord's play so far?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pretty much cleared imo:
Myself
Bee
Sal
Max
ASF

Null:
Toal

Deffo scum:
Nep
Reggae
Kb

Wow rude

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

I'm torn on this because I think ASF is town but just lost a game in part because of my hesitance to take free lunches. My gut says I'd rather just vote KB though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Why don't we leave KB alive?

I was just in a game where genius town had the idea of "lets leave 3p imgay alive all game" and this, somehow, is a stupider thought than that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Let's all vote chaoslord once KB confirms he is scum. KB what do you think of chaoslord's play so far?

I mean, on a personal level? I'm on board because I am extremely mad about mafia right now and would rather not be playing. But on a this game level, it's not the best idea. Well, maybe it is, my scumdar is broken anyway it seems.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

chaoslord posted:

I mean, on a personal level? I'm on board because I am extremely mad about mafia right now and would rather not be playing. But on a this game level, it's not the best idea. Well, maybe it is, my scumdar is broken anyway it seems.

I'm sorry. I don't know the context. :(

Whatever it is, I hope you feel better about it, because this is a game with murders, and mystery, a game with the possibility of knowing who the bad guy is and leaving him alive anyway, a game where being right can feel so wrong, and wrong can feel so right and oh no can we just come back to the part where we torture KB by leaving him alive real quick?

We can each ask him for a read on a different player and see how long it takes before he gives up!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Leaving KB alive is not a good idea because if he is scum, which is super likely then we give them a free pass to use any ability he may have. If we vote someone else today and we're wrong, then we don't reduce their numbers or potential abilities at all.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

Leaving KB alive is not a good idea because if he is scum, which is super likely then we give them a free pass to use any ability he may have. If we vote someone else today and we're wrong, then we don't reduce their numbers or potential abilities at all.

This is all very, very fair. Speaking of abilities important question coming up here

A Sometimes Food posted:

I was asleep. Went to bed shortly after voting.

Also cards on the table as I may get free lunched today. I used a one shot ability to place a mirror on Binus last night. It would reflect any ability back at whoever used it. But it failed. So either I got roleblocked or Binus got jailed in a way that pre-empted my power.

Why the hell, you fool, would you not wait until N3 and try to protect our odd-night cop?

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

That said, we know one of them is a roleblocker, and the last one is probably a tracker.

EDIT: Unless someone wants to make an elaborate case about how both ASF and Asiina are lying about being roleblocked, I'm going with 'at most one of those two is scum, so one is telling the truth, and a roleblocker exists'.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

REGGAE PARADE posted:

That said, we know one of them is a roleblocker, and the last one is probably a tracker.

EDIT: Unless someone wants to make an elaborate case about how both ASF and Asiina are lying about being roleblocked, I'm going with 'at most one of those two is scum, so one is telling the truth, and a roleblocker exists'.

REGGAE PARADE posted:

I'm sorry. I don't know the context. :(

Whatever it is, I hope you feel better about it, because this is a game with murders, and mystery, a game with the possibility of knowing who the bad guy is and leaving him alive anyway, a game where being right can feel so wrong, and wrong can feel so right and oh no can we just come back to the part where we torture KB by leaving him alive real quick?

We can each ask him for a read on a different player and see how long it takes before he gives up!

I appreciate it. But yeah my play has not been super great this game. I'll stop crapposting and make some cases tomorrow, in bed tonight so :effort: for tonight just tonight? :v: yeah yeah I know

PREVIEW:

REGGAE PARADE posted:

This is all very, very fair. Speaking of abilities important question coming up here

Why the hell, you fool, would you not wait until N3 and try to protect our odd-night cop?

REGGAE PARADE posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmm these are good points

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

what's your reasoning for thinking there is a scum tracker?

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

what's your reasoning for thinking there is a scum tracker?

Elaborate.

Right now we have a few claimed roles: One-shot mirror, One-shot vig, TWO half-cops, whatever-Nat20-is, and me.

Tracker/watcher seems like a good backup for the godfather, and is a pro-active role that can do something while the godfather performs the night-kill. It also rounds the standard mafia-setup.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

chaoslord posted:

So clearly you're not going to talk about this right now but I am definitely circling back around to this at the end of the game because I can't make heads or tails of how the day starting when it did would matter for anything

That’s fine

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It's so weird that I am still alive.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think you should cuddle me immediately. And then once you see my flip, proceed appropriately. It's the only logical choice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like, no one seems to believe me? So, seems silly to even consider leaving me alive. If you think I'm scum, you should really be voting me once everyone has checked in and said anything about the night they need to.

Having said that. I'll continue to own bozos and find scum like Hawke if left alive to do so. :)

But late night of D&D means now it is time for sleep.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
VT would have been a better faekclaim for ASF imO

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Leaving KB alive will be a distraction.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We're also, right now, looking at the no-lunch yesterday and don't know what to make of those who weren't voting because, well, we don't know if KB was scum or no. Lunching him will tell us how we should read that vote not happening.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I was happy to vote KB yesterday and still am.

##vote KB

I just felt Hawke was a stronger candidate. Though in light of a stalled lynch I'm happier with KB.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also I've been playing so many games my phone is autosuggesting "imgay" when I type "Im" instead of "I'm".

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Or my phone likes old forum memes.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Or it's coming out to me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I love my new gay phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1