Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Kiryu just likes killing bodyguards, he took out a couple of metsudo's guards earlier in the tournament as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Either that or he's very mad that his real favorite fighter Muteba is out of the tournament, as we all are

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kiryu killed all of them simply to test his abilities.

Rei didn't notice him until the bodyguard died so it also seems like he's gained a power boost as well.

Oh gee, would you look at that https://mangadex.org/chapter/492061/1

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 30, 2018

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Getting the feeling this is leading to breakup angle and then Rei discovering the meaning of friendship

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hope mr fastman kills this dumb idiot in 2 chapters

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

stupid arrogant old man

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
BOOO

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm surprised anyone is actually rooting for Rei. Especially after he got Saw Paing drinking jack and not smiling.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
a double flashback

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Rei is really loving badass and extremly fast as well, what the gently caress does the stupid old dude have going on?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

I'm surprised anyone is actually rooting for Rei. Especially after he got Saw Paing drinking jack and not smiling.

I mean like half the thread is weirdly fixated on his destruction which makes me feel contrary and also I share his stance on boobs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
most people do he's just real boring and his love interest doesn't seem particularly interested

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Same :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Rei is really loving badass and extremly fast as well, what the gently caress does the stupid old dude have going on?

Being badass and also an old head assassin from the underworld? Having a pupil now. I think people are confusing thinking Rino being attractive for Rei being more interesting than say, the actor dude.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Rei is easily the most layered and interesting character in the entire series

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Kuroki's got this, Rei's burning through too much flashback here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I can't tell if anyone's being serious about rooting for him or not.

And small side note, did Byo seem bizarrely shrunk all of a sudden to anyone else?

17 chapters ago

Now

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I can't tell if anyone's being serious about rooting for him or not.
Same, but I don't doubt some people actually like him.

quote:

And small side note, did Byo seem bizarrely shrunk all of a sudden to anyone else
He does seem less swole.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

tweet my meat posted:

Good fundamentals

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like them both a lot but I hope Rei wins with the power of love because it's so out of place in this series.

On the other hand Gensai vs Fang seems like a more interesting match, so it's good either way.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 30, 2018

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Sindai posted:

I like them both a lot but I hope Rei wins with the power of love because it's so out of place in this series.

What 'the power of love' seems to mean to him (head pats are nice and go fish is fun) is pretty drat weird, too, compared to, say overcoming obstacles to your relationship or saving your beloved from ninjas.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Mary Annette posted:

What 'the power of love' seems to mean to him (head pats are nice and go fish is fun) is pretty drat weird, too, compared to, say overcoming obstacles to your relationship or saving your beloved from ninjas.

I mean he seems to have been trained from infancy to be a runs fast assassin. His world view might be a bit off.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Caidin posted:

I mean he seems to have been trained from infancy to be a runs fast assassin. His world view might be a bit off.

...Goddamnit, is Rei actually Shadow the Hedgehog?

I think they're gonna resolve Rei's Oppai Love here one way or another, and that's good. I don't really hate the character, I like speedsters, he's just kinda one-note and the note isn't very exciting. Maybe now they finally do something with him tho.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Once again Gensai uses flashback trickery to make his flashback be about Reí. What’s genius

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I feel like this is less a flashback and more just info on the Raishin how Rei's speed works and how it's different from Kiryu's. We didn't really get anything that we didn't already know about besides his weird rear end legs and they're basically just believing their own hype to be that fast.

Raishin style is kinda like Orks in a way.

Manic Mongoose
Aug 5, 2010
Poor guy sitting behind grandpa Inaba moved seats in the the last frame of the page

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's so sweet and adorable that the assassin grandpas are also fight bros with each other. :3:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

RareAcumen posted:

And small side note, did Byo seem bizarrely shrunk all of a sudden to anyone else?

Manga has always been about exaggeration. A panel about how Byo can still help out against the coup will exaggerate his swoleness. A panel about how Byo is retired will exaggerate how he is much less swole than he used to be.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Art is never going to be perfectly consistent across any series. Things get framed and shrunk as necessary for panel layouts.

Like, would you believe that both of Metsudo's personal bodyguards are actually taller than Julius? But they're always measured against giants and each other while Julius gets multiple panels of him towering over folks.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like how Gensai's hair and facial hair is just a big even circle around his face

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

McTimmy posted:

Art is never going to be perfectly consistent across any series. Things get framed and shrunk as necessary for panel layouts.

Like, would you believe that both of Metsudo's personal bodyguards are actually taller than Julius? But they're always measured against giants and each other while Julius gets multiple panels of him towering over folks.

WAIT WHAT.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The bodyguards are all comically large

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Julius 205cm Ch65.
Omori (4th Fang) 206cm Ch 164.
Takayama (face mask) 207cm Ch 164.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 1, 2018

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oh poo poo I hope we get to see the Fang vs Fang fight

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/492670/1

OLD MAN FTW!!!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

"he's fast! he's so fast! he's the fastest!" vs guy who knows what he's doing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lol, Rei's such a moron.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gensai has the power of volcel so the sexhaver doesn't have a chance

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Despite all that speed its just a straight line charge with no maneuverability, so its easy to counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gensai is having none of this magic kung-fu bullshit.