Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

apparently if you delete your character you can start over and replay them again for the full 300 and keep your money each time

Good to know.. I've been thinking about starting over and bottoming out stamina since it's the easiest to boost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The money house is overrated. I probably make money faster killing birds north of Saint Denis. Herons are common and good ones drop 3 feathers worth $1.50 each and some of the less common birds have feathers worth over $2. A 3 star small croc is worth $10 between the parts and carcass so I usually grab one while I'm out along the coast.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Fun to drive a horse around online but until there is a manual aim first person lobby option with either map or blip off than I don't see how it can be taken seriously.

Co op is hella tight with that said.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mandrel posted:

So what's going on with this magic money house deal?

If you can find any place in the world that has some decent loot, you can use the menu option under the online section to just re-load at your current position on another server. This allows you to loot the same items over and over again, until you're full on them, and then you can go sell them at a fence and do it again and again.

Its easy money but its very boring and repetitive, you may as well do something fun and you'll get nearly as much money. It is a good way to stock up on brandy or cigarettes though.

Also you can like shoot chickens or cows and skin them for meat and then reload and do it again until you've got 2,000lbs of buffalo or whatever, Oregon trail style. Again selling them only gets you a bit of money so its not really worth it, but to stock up on some foods real quick it can be useful.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Every time I rejoin the game I'm like 100 miles from where I was so money house isn't really an option. I've started fishing though and it seems like good money.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The more I play this, the more it's really apparent that this is a beta. An early one, at that. Bit past the proof of concept stage, and now it's at the point in development where you start building up the basics. More often than not tonight stranger missions just wouldn't fire, but the game recognized my friend and I as in an active mission so all kinds of poo poo wouldn't work and wildlife and NPCs would stop spawning.

It's got a lot of potential, though.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Love this game

Been playing with no map and total free aim from the start, the game is incredibly challenging and fun and really forcing me to explore the world and the mechanics just to survive

I’m still in chapter 2, I got lucky and found a semi auto shotgun randomly

Been trying to focus on hunting but I keep losing all my progress when bounty hunters show up so I’m
Traveling around doing some jail time to pay my debts to society

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

DrNutt posted:

I don't know who thinks lock on aiming should be a thing in PVP but just lol that it's the only option currently.

Otoh some guy thought he would run up and shoot me in the head with his starter carbine and thought he was really cool, so I respawned like three times and vaporized him with my pump action. He left me alone after that.

This is extremely disappointing news

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
How do you start a new RDO character and keep your money?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

If you can find any place in the world that has some decent loot, you can use the menu option under the online section to just re-load at your current position on another server. This allows you to loot the same items over and over again, until you're full on them, and then you can go sell them at a fence and do it again and again.

Its easy money but its very boring and repetitive, you may as well do something fun and you'll get nearly as much money. It is a good way to stock up on brandy or cigarettes though.

Also you can like shoot chickens or cows and skin them for meat and then reload and do it again until you've got 2,000lbs of buffalo or whatever, Oregon trail style. Again selling them only gets you a bit of money so its not really worth it, but to stock up on some foods real quick it can be useful.

ah that’s disappointing and not very lucrative

Does anyone else have problems with their horse disappearing every time they load in? Every time I load up the game I’m stuck with the scrawny nag and told my horse is unavailable, then I have to trudge over to a stable and he’s right loving there. I log off and he’s fine, log back on and he’s gone again and I’m on top of a mountain with the scrawny nag

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
The online seems to be particularly crashy this morning, can't play for more than about 5-10 minutes without it crashing to the ps4 system menu. I'm guessing it's related to this funny little spawn bug (just south of valentine, on every server I've loaded into):

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Since I’m a bit of a care bear I hate that the strangers that give assassination contracts will send you after a player rather than a group of NPCs.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So this is cool. I restarted and it placed me in a totally different starting point, and so far most of the missions are at totally different locations. Makes me hopeful for a randomized bounty Hunter mode.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Aishan posted:

The online seems to be particularly crashy this morning, can't play for more than about 5-10 minutes without it crashing to the ps4 system menu. I'm guessing it's related to this funny little spawn bug (just south of valentine, on every server I've loaded into):

Yea the constant crashes I get on my PS4 pro are insane. Was trying to play with a work buddy last night and we would randomly fall through the floor.

My PS4 pro got very hot after about an hours gameplay too, I'm amazed people are able to play this all day with no issues

I think I may wait for the game to get more stable, have to say the GTA online grind is there I know there will be microtransactions but lets hope its going to be reasonable:v:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

One tiny wish

Enough with the God damned Battle Royale game modes. Jesus H Christ I am so sick of this poo poo being in every single game

In the time they've been out, I've never played a single game of 'Battle Royale' style franchise.
Not PUBG, not Fortnite, not any other game that's featured them. Ever.

So here's a thing you might try: Not playing that.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Saved up enough for a pump shotgun and won a king of the castle match fairly handily. Fun fact about that mode: If you control the spot and you get incapacitated you will continue to accumulate points until you properly die. You can usually just lay there until you bleed out because everyone's too busy shooting other people to notice control hasn't changed hands yet. All I really need now is a lancaster repeater and a set of cold weather clothes and I think that'll count as "winning" RDO.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

can you use crafted ammo in pvp?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing how they straight up called this a beta and people are still wrapping their heads around the idea there's missing content, bugs, and unfinished work to be done and coming to terms with "oh by Beta they meant BETA." :psyduck:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Beta usually means that the software is feature complete, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Anime_Otaku posted:

Since I’m a bit of a care bear I hate that the strangers that give assassination contracts will send you after a player rather than a group of NPCs.

Interesting. I like the idea. Does it tell you if you are a target?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

meatsaw posted:

I got targeted once you get a great big warning on the screen, and have six minutes to try to evade their posse. Although, when it happened to me, I was shopping and couldn't unlock my camera from the shopkeeper.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

meatsaw posted:

I’ve not been targeted that I know of, and I was able to take the target out without any trouble by cantering up and using the pump shotgun at close range, so I am going to guess there’s no notification.

Aishan posted:

I got targeted once you get a great big warning on the screen, and have six minutes to try to evade their posse. Although, when it happened to me, I was shopping and couldn't unlock my camera from the shopkeeper.

Oh I guess I was wrong then. I wonder if the guy was in a menu or something because he was just out in the open.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 30, 2018

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Anime_Otaku posted:

I’ve not been targeted that I know of, and I was able to take the target out without any trouble by cantering up and using the pump shotgun at close range, so I am going to guess there’s no notification.

That or he just accepted his fate because it's less painful to just die and immediately respawn nearby then get chased around for several minutes before biting it and end up far away from whatever part of the map he wanted to be on.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Ive had 2 treasure maps and theyve both expired seconds before I arrive there :(

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

google doc with hunting values

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1whWr6wnY_6xSrDw_W4Q02BnSGoic01ar_sfPAIOcifM/edit#gid=0

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Finally beat chapter 6.

Arthur was great to the end, I think gruff dad heroes are having diminishing returns for me though. And having John again is nice... but I'd prefer the epilogue to star Sadie or Charles honestly. Or hell Trelawny. Give me Red Dead with a flashy city slicker over educated con man Rockstar.

Rockstar game where you play the fast talking rear end in a top hat and you talk yourself into crazy poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cage Kicker posted:

Amazing how they straight up called this a beta and people are still wrapping their heads around the idea there's missing content, bugs, and unfinished work to be done and coming to terms with "oh by Beta they meant BETA." :psyduck:

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Beta usually means that the software is feature complete, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Real betas are usually a bit more up front about wanting feedback and giving you ways to submit it. I only found their beta feedback option after googling for Rockstar support for bug reporting. A normal dev wanting feedback for a beta would at least have a splash screen or something with a URL.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Big Beef City posted:

In the time they've been out, I've never played a single game of 'Battle Royale' style franchise.
Not PUBG, not Fortnite, not any other game that's featured them. Ever.

So here's a thing you might try: Not playing that.

Difficult not to do so when they mixed it in with the normal fun quick play list

DrNutt posted:

Real betas are usually a bit more up front about wanting feedback and giving you ways to submit it. I only found their beta feedback option after googling for Rockstar support for bug reporting. A normal dev wanting feedback for a beta would at least have a splash screen or something with a URL.

Yeah this beta is a AAA beta, which generally means that it's a limited version of the feature complete game that is using the "beta" tag to excuse the bugs that will pop up. They aren't really looking for feedback, they are stress testing and seeing where it breaks.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 30, 2018

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Do you really want the opinion of your average AAA gamer though

I’m one and I’m dumb as poo poo

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Has it been mention if progress from the online beta is going to be wiped when they release the final version?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Just cuz they don't ask for opinions doesn't mean they aren't collecting and collating information. Best of both worlds!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Veritas posted:

Has it been mention if progress from the online beta is going to be wiped when they release the final version?

I think the intent is everything to stay but theres the possibility of losing some progress/items

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Veritas posted:

no plans to, but they reserve the right to change poo poo. so if they heavily re balance something, you might lose a gun or whatnot so don't go overboard grinding

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Veritas posted:

Their official word is that they don't want to reset progress but they can't guarantee they won't at end of beta.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i imagine they'll have to restrict server hopping sometime soon

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I played through the tutorial and did a quick que mission after it spit me into free roam.

We captured some dudes and straight up let them get run over by a train 4-0.

Then I had to go to work. Gross.

Anyways it sounds like tonight I should raid that cabin over and over for a few hours and get money before they patch it.

E: oh and I killed two rabbits and a deer after that and sold the skins and carcasses.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is hector the stranger bugged for anyone else? I tried yesterday and today to take a mission from him and both times it uh didn’t work

Yesterday I talked to him and he told me about some wolf that needs killing. But he didn’t put a marker or anything on my map, and when he was done talking, I had the option to talk to him again and he just repeated the same dialogue; no indication that an actual mission started.

Then today I talk to him and he says “go get a wagon in tall trees” and not only did he not put a marker on my map, but all other markers were removed and I couldn’t see anything on the map besides players and my camp. I would guess that maybe the idea is to actually search based on the dialogue, but literally all he said was “tall trees” which can’t possibly be enough

Other strangers all seem to be working as intended but that’s twice now that hectors tried to gently caress me

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
You can still do stranger missions after you finish the game right?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

shut up blegum posted:

From what I understand, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

shut up blegum posted:

With a few exceptions (like 3 out of ~22), yes.