Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like that out of all the random words you could use in filler text they made sure that young gay sex were among them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

help computer

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

UFC page support posted:

e:f,b

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ty

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

UFC December - Led Young Gay Would Now State

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

In honor of the return of Bones Jones

UFC December - They Tested Lance Armstrong

Or

UFC December - Thanks Mr. Chatri for the confidence in me! Looking forward to great things

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
UFC December: I'm dreaming of a Lean Body

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I thought Felix's 4th episode was very good but the 5th was a little sherdoggy and annoyed me

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Idk why they chose Felix to narrate, his voice is awful

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

spb posted:

Idk why they chose Felix to narrate, his voice is awful

yeah i totally agree with that too. i get that he probably wanted to do it himself but man is it rough to listen to only him for 20-30 minutes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

It's the inability to enunciate. Also it's a lot of words to say that sports are how people get away from the bullshit in their lives. For most people though, it's work and relationships that they are getting away from. He's trying to tie the growth of MMA to the growth of his own politics over the years when really that's just how he personally experienced it, so I don't know why he keeps saying "we" instead of "I."

Because the political backdrop actually affected everyone you dingus

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

yeah i totally agree with that too. i get that he probably wanted to do it himself but man is it rough to listen to only him for 20-30 minutes

I think Mr Jon said he asked Felix to read it because he wrote the script and laid the groundwork and Jon did the videos, and because it's written in his voice it sounded better when he read it

Anyway is there going to be a gdt for TUF 28 finale

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I liked that the series spent so much time on Silva v Sonnen 1

That was the fight that drew me into the sport as more than a once in a while viewer and made me actually follow it more closely.

When my friend was trying to get me into UFC he sat me down and we watched all of Anderson Silva's matches. Silva/Sonnen 1&2 made me an Anderson fan.

He fought Wideman a week later.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

When my friend was trying to get me into UFC he sat me down and we watched all of Anderson Silva's matches. Silva/Sonnen 1&2 made me an Anderson fan.

He fought Wideman a week later.

That fight made me a Wideman fan. Then the second one made him seem unstoppable.

We all know how that turned out. MMA is a wild rollercoaster.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I think Mr Jon said he asked Felix to read it because he wrote the script and laid the groundwork and Jon did the videos, and because it's written in his voice it sounded better when he read it

Anyway is there going to be a gdt for TUF 28 finale

if nobody else does, i can try to throw one together just before fight pass prelims start

but maybe someone is combining tonight and tomorrow's cards into a mega gdt

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Weidman was seriously the biggest loser when Strikeforce talent showed up in UFC. Their middleweight stars just lined up to kill him.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Tonight's fight card has a fighter named Ricky Rainey and another supposedly different fighter named Roosevelt Roberts.

In terms of ranked fighters fighting, you have the second-to-last fight on the prelims (going on around 9 PM ET) between Joseph Benavidez and Alex Perez, Ji Yeon Kim in the main card opener, and then Munoz/Caraway and the main event Dos Anjos vs Usman. Seems like a decent card.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If anyone was wondering what the broader point of the mma doc was they really need to watch part five

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LobsterMobster posted:

if nobody else does, i can try to throw one together just before fight pass prelims start

but maybe someone is combining tonight and tomorrow's cards into a mega gdt

Word. I'm probably going to try to catch the preshow at work and hopefully make it home before the show proper. I want to watch the women's featherweight match, because Chiasson is my friend and I love her

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Boco_T posted:

Seems like a decent card.

Does it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

UFC December: We Put then Elves on Shelves

That's all I got. The white Xmas one was the best.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chiasson is teenage dickeyes dream so yes

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I was at Rumble Sports when Pannie was training there and she's a nice person, so I really hope she wins. Chiasson is way bigger than her and looks to have serious stopping power, though, so I'm prepared to be sad.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Am I the only person who finds the redesigned UFC site unnavigable? All I need to know is when the earliest prelims start, and they make it so unintuitive that I can't find it.

UFC.ca is still the old design, but (as sometimes happens for FS1/TUF Finale cards) they just have all the fights listed in a big block with only the main card start time, instead of separate sections for each set of prelims and their own time, as usual.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

Am I the only person who finds the redesigned UFC site unnavigable? All I need to know is when the earliest prelims start, and they make it so unintuitive that I can't find it.

UFC.ca is still the old design, but (as sometimes happens for FS1/TUF Finale cards) they just have all the fights listed in a big block with only the main card start time, instead of separate sections for each set of prelims and their own time, as usual.

Yeah the new website is garbage. 6:30 eastern tonight for fight pass.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait there's a card tonight and tomorrow night?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Fight Night 142 tomorrow, TUF 28 Finale tonight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah dude it's pretty loving great.

Apparently there's a Bellator card both nights too

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If anyone was wondering what the broader point of the mma doc was they really need to watch part five

can you elaborate on what you think it is because i thought it was kind of meandering

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
here is a tuf finale gdt, here it is

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3875862

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brut posted:

Yeah dude it's pretty loving great.

Apparently there's a Bellator card both nights too

And people say there are too many MMA events nowadays

Fools, all of them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

can you elaborate on what you think it is because i thought it was kind of meandering

"Everything you love will be monetized and watered down and ruined by the same rich fucks who try to extract the most money for themselves at the cost of normal people as everything else. You can build something new and they'll gently caress that up too as soon as it's successful. Also here's a backdrop of things just getting shittier and more alienating at the same time as this weirdo outsider thing gets monetized into poo poo. Rip"

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

UFC December: Santa comes cums from the Northcutt pole

Might be too late but...

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

"Everything you love will be monetized and watered down and ruined by the same rich fucks who try to extract the most money for themselves at the cost of normal people as everything else. You can build something new and they'll gently caress that up too as soon as it's successful. Also here's a backdrop of things just getting shittier and more alienating at the same time as this weirdo outsider thing gets monetized into poo poo. Rip"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuwnj_qo40

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I didn't say it was an uplifting one, and he ain't wrong

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

because it's written in his voice it sounded better when he read it

Who were the other options?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The chapo guy and Jon bois' thing turned out pretty good, imo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kimbo305 posted:

Who were the other options?

Him and Jon presumably, since it's their thing and Jon's never used another narrator for his stuff before.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I didn't say it was an uplifting one, and he ain't wrong

I'll drop it after this post because I don't want to clog up the thread with my film analysis but it just seems like a dumb point since the decline of the sport from his point of view is due to low fighter pay (which has always been a factor, and used to be worse even with sponsorships), the reebok deal, and better drug testing. It just reeks to me of old people being like "music in my day was so much better than this new crap". I guess he cites his favorite fighters losing too? But I mean, the UFC has always been running as fast as they could towards monetizing just about anything. If anyone thinks this sport used to be more pure and less greedy, I just don't think that's realistic.

I described the fifth episode earlier as sherdoggy because it's full of relatively dumb complaints that people on that forum still make, and here too to a lesser and somewhat more tolerable extent. We'd all love for fighters to get paid more. Even if we don't like it, I think we all understand the thinking behind the Reebok deal. I don't want all my favorite fighters to die young from heart failure after pounding EPO their whole careers, and supporting an environment where people have to use PEDs is not conducive to the health of the sport. All the fighters you love right now will eventually get old and lose. Try not to be upset now that we've been following this sport for 10+ years and you're more grown up now and busy with adult things and there are too many cards and fighters to keep track of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Arona will never get old and he will never lose