Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I keep getting disconnected when I try to play multiplayer :smith: Also, how do I go passive ? I've played enough RDO1, GTA4-5 to know that being an in open PvP world is the worst thing ever. Even with old rear end guns that shoot 1 bullet and take 4 minutes to reload.

I got hogtied while afk and shot because the stupid QUICK fire doesn't really shoot QUICK enough apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh man the RDR1 music that kicks in when on the first mission you get to use guns as John this loving game :allears:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

To go passive, you have to be murdered four times in a row by the same person; you’ll then have the option to not be murdered by that person for a 10 minute period

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I keep getting disconnected when I try to play multiplayer :smith: Also, how do I go passive ? I've played enough RDO1, GTA4-5 to know that being an in open PvP world is the worst thing ever. Even with old rear end guns that shoot 1 bullet and take 4 minutes to reload.

I got hogtied while afk and shot because the stupid QUICK fire doesn't really shoot QUICK enough apparently.

I read that crouching removes your dot from the map. Theres a parley system where if someone kills you 3 times you can go passive against that person for 10 mins so its very likely it will never be added. Tbh i really doubt private sessions will be coming.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I want to believe that at least passive mode will be in eventually; it was in gtao and rockstar must know that it’s something a lot of people want, so I’m hoping they’re just working on it as a low priority after the beta or something.

Private servers would be great too but who knows

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The challenge of not being able to complete free roam missions or go hunting because randos keep killing you is probably baked into the economy. If you could do all of these things unbothered it would be too easy to make money. No passive mode, no private servers. Get good or buy shark bars!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hobo Clown posted:

The challenge of not being able to complete free roam missions or go hunting because randos keep killing you is probably baked into the economy. If you could do all of these things unbothered it would be too easy to make money. No passive mode, no private servers. Get good or buy shark bars!

Except that a player murdering you doesn't cause you to lose your pelts. So you really just gotta watch out for cougars, bears, and the occasional small army of O'Driscolls when hunting or fishing.

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

Over There posted:

IIIIIII got a girl in Berryville

One of the most charming moments of the whole game imo.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I feel like we all got a different version of the game lol. I mean im not doubting anyone but we are all in different camps regarding bugs it seems like. Like you either have the nag horse bug or you dont. My camp zooms all over the place other people never mention it. I definetly lose pelts dying, i seem to lose anything i havent cooked yet.

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008
‎ ‏‏‎ 

Jejoma fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 1, 2018

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I haven't had many issues on og PS4 besides getting kicked sometimes. I made a posse for me and a buddy last night and I've had to reinvite a couple of times. Today he's not on my roster either. But that's about it. I'm playing solo mostly for now and spamming stranger missions and story missions and just saving my money. Not buying cosmetics. Killing for food. Using money just for gun oil to keep the starter weapons in good condition and getting headshots in missions to save ammo. Soloing gang hideouts when I need something new to do. As a player I just like seeing my rank go up and roaming.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
This might sound dumb, but I hope they add more NPC to the towns online. The world seems pretty barren with the lack of regular people around just doing their thing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wish the character had a voice, or at least that you’d say “pardner” when emoting in the world

Or at least that they hadn’t written so many “heh, don’t talk much, do ya?” lines for npcs. Rub it in why don’t you

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ainsley McTree posted:

I wish the character had a voice, or at least that you’d say “pardner” when emoting in the world

Or at least that they hadn’t written so many “heh, don’t talk much, do ya?” lines for npcs. Rub it in why don’t you

I just mentioned in the discord that I think emotes were a mistake and they should have just gone with the same greet/antagonize thing from single player. The emotes are mostly dumb and NPCs don't seem to react to them.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I made an earnest attempt to try online today, but I can't keep playing it if most of the playerbase just spends all day shooting players ad nauseum. There's a ton of other poo poo to do, it cannot possibly be that entertaining to deathmatch random players for hours using the starting repeater. I mean if that's what entertains you fine, I guess. But until there's some way I know I can hop on and grind out some levels and unlock poo poo and do missions without it being a constant irritation, I don't see the point. I'll wait for a passive mode or just not play online.

Though I did manage to make a character that's not a complete mutant:

At least from most angles, anyway. She's got a really, really weak chin and she looks like a circus freak from the wrong angle.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrNutt posted:

I just mentioned in the discord that I think emotes were a mistake and they should have just gone with the same greet/antagonize thing from single player. The emotes are mostly dumb and NPCs don't seem to react to them.

I imagine they’re just there for other players.

Arthur’s surprisingly deep dialogue trees were really satisfying and I miss them, moving to online. Just give every player Arthur’s voice imo (the women can have Sadie if there’s enough recorded lines, otherwise make them Arthur too)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ainsley McTree posted:

I imagine they’re just there for other players.

Arthur’s surprisingly deep dialogue trees were really satisfying and I miss them, moving to online. Just give every player Arthur’s voice imo (the women can have Sadie if there’s enough recorded lines, otherwise make them Arthur too)

Yeah for sure, I'm just sad that NPCs don't react to my big dorky thumbs up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Slim Killington posted:

I made an earnest attempt to try online today, but I can't keep playing it if most of the playerbase just spends all day shooting players ad nauseum. There's a ton of other poo poo to do, it cannot possibly be that entertaining to deathmatch random players for hours using the starting repeater. I mean if that's what entertains you fine, I guess. But until there's some way I know I can hop on and grind out some levels and unlock poo poo and do missions without it being a constant irritation, I don't see the point. I'll wait for a passive mode or just not play online.

At least from most angles, anyway. She's got a really, really weak chin and she looks like a circus freak from the wrong angle.

Chins weren't available for women until the early 1920s so it's at least historically accurate.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Slim Killington posted:

You look pretty, gj

Somehow I have not yet been attacked by any other player except for goons

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
She looks like Marilyn Manson if you see her from a front quarter or profile. I might remake her. The intro to online is just so god-damned long though.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
if you see a pink circle running toward you on the map you have every advantage in the world really.

you can literally see the gank coming from across the map. They are not running toward you to give you a high five or sell you cookies, so post up by a tree or some cover and shoot them while they are on their predictable horse with your auto aim. be the hammer instead of the nail it's fun.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It’s a low-stakes prisoners dilemma. I think I’m using this metaphor correctly

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Gay Horney posted:

if you see a pink circle running toward you on the map you have every advantage in the world really.

you can literally see the gank coming from across the map. They are not running toward you to give you a high five or sell you cookies, so post up by a tree or some cover and shoot them while they are on their predictable horse with your auto aim. be the hammer instead of the nail it's fun.

I got ganked while I was loading in after a cutscene with a friend. They loaded first, I have a black screen with the loading indicator, he tells me someone walked up to my character and shot them, and I load in on my corpse and the killed by screen.

Cool.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ainsley McTree posted:

It’s a low-stakes prisoners dilemma. I think I’m using this metaphor correctly

I've ended up killing a few people who weren't hostile because my first impressions of the online told me that I shouldn't trust anyone. Sorry friendly cowpokes, couldn't take the chance on a double cross. :clint:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Found a train near someone's camp while online, it was at the end of the line so I decided to steal it and see if I could derail or wreck it maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6QD66o-_II

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Gay Horney posted:

When user Gay Horney tells you that it is more fun being the hammer than the nail you know you can take that poo poo to the bank.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone had issue with your horse summoning in RDO? I have two horses but they're not coming, instead I get a scrawny nag

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Weapons are level locked though so for most if you want perfect pelts you need to use your lasso and knife.

:tipshat: thanks for the tip on this, totally forgot about it

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Brightman posted:

Found a train near someone's camp while online, it was at the end of the line so I decided to steal it and see if I could derail or wreck it maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6QD66o-_II

Congraduration! You did a do!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

Anyone had issue with your horse summoning in RDO? I have two horses but they're not coming, instead I get a scrawny nag

Make sure you have a saddle equipped on one; I found this to be an issue when I sold my starter horse to buy the red Arabian

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Donovan Trip posted:

The only way I managed to fix this was by getting rid of both my horses, getting new ones, and making sure the horse in the top stable spot is the active one.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Having now finished my replay of RDR1, I'm now revisiting red dead revolver (by watching a let's play because lol at the idea of playing that janky ol' game today) and man I forgot how badass the intro theme song was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53t-y-C0VY

That was the poo poo for its time and it still slaps today imo

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

UnknownMercenary posted:

Oh man the RDR1 music that kicks in when on the first mission you get to use guns as John this loving game :allears:

yeah that song is good.I don't know if it's on the OST. I'm sure it is but I listened to the album before I got to that particular song.

Penelope song is good the first chase song is good and there's a good song in the credits that I can't find. it's the song playing when they show Pearson in his shop, looking at the photo.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

UnknownMercenary posted:

This is one of the moments in the game where I felt like a complete badass outlaw. I didn't know it was from that! Good stuff.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

zooted heh posted:

yeah that song is good.I don't know if it's on the OST. I'm sure it is but I listened to the album before I got to that particular song.

Penelope song is good the first chase song is good and there's a good song in the credits that I can't find. it's the song playing when they show Pearson in his shop, looking at the photo.

It's a remix of this.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
a few RDO questions that people may or may not have answers for:

1) are bows going to be the way to get perfect pelts rather than trying to use specific weapons? seems like this makes more sense given that deadeye doesn't actually slow time in RDO

2) have rockstar talked at all about their plans for utilizing the honor system? I'm honestly hoping they use it to discourage random griefing in towns, it seems like the perfect mechanism to warn you if someone is a bad hombre that is riding up to you and maybe put a bounty on their head if their honor is bad enough.

3) how often does this drat game charge you $.75 stable fees? I swear I've had that message pop up several times in a single play session

4) Is there a reason Deadeye doesn't behave the same way as health and stamina? it was annoying not having the core refill the stat in story mode but even more annoying when deadeye consumables cost several dollars each. I'm honestly not sure how they expect us to use the ability when you have to drink some liquor every time you use deadeye for a couple of shots

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Actually a remix of this one but really that game's whole OST is great so

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah I wasn't sure after replaying the mission. The tracks all kind of blend together and as you say the OST is loving phenomenal for the first game.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Just got head shot while resting at camp with the white flag up.

Other than little crappy things like that I’m liking my playtime in online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The honor system determines the missions you get when far enough down the missions