Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Let's just pick the single worst year in US history and then we'll have a benchmark.

I'm going to say 1850, because the Fugitive Slave Act was passed and the Trail of Tears was still happening. Plus, women of all colors had pretty much zero legal rights. Child labor was completely unfettered by any regulation. Don't forget shitbag Henry Clay's 1850 Compromise, or the corrupt presidency of noted idiot Millard Fillmore.

Oh, and the Third Great Awakening, which fostered a huge amount of bullshit.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 01:42 on Nov 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

Let's just pick the single worst year in US history and then we'll have a benchmark.

I'm going to say 1850, because the Fugitive Slave Act was passed and the Trail of Tears was still happening. Plus, women of all colors had pretty much zero legal rights. 1850 Compromise, corrupt presidency of noted idiot Millard Fillmore.

Seems like a pretty good spot. I was gonna say 1862 since the Civil War was going on, slavery was still legal, runaway slaves were still being returned to their owners (even by the US Army), Indian massacres were still happening, women still didn't have rights, and foreign governments were honestly thinking about siding with the Confederate States and helping them win their racist war for slavery.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I’m not sure if it’s a cultural thing, but I never got the love for bacon the internet bestows upon it. Like, it takes like pork-flavoured cardboard.

Like, if I was a vegetarian and someone said “but what about bacon?”, I would be like “dude, that’s not even the best food to come from a pig.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
My only disagreement is that it didn't really improve, just renamed the afflicted parties.

TinTower posted:

“dude, that’s not even the best food to come from a pig."
Then what is??

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
This whole book.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

BUCKA BUCKA BUCKA

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Tubgoat posted:

Duluth Trading Company copywriter looks like a fun if extraneous job. Pretty much all their ad copy is embarrassing, and makes me wish their pants were made better for a less psychotic company.

Yeah, their ads are pretty terrible and seem hyper focused on men's crotches.

However the firehose pants they make are pretty great and very comfy. So theres that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, their ads are pretty terrible and seem hyper focused on men's crotches.

However the firehose pants they make are pretty great and very comfy. So theres that.

I thought they were a big and tall men's work clothes clothier. Shouldn't they focus on men's clothes?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Carhartt work pants are just fine.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tubgoat posted:

My only disagreement is that it didn't really improve, just renamed the afflicted parties.

I have a bank account, and if my husband beat me I could call the police.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought they were a big and tall men's work clothes clothier. Shouldn't they focus on men's clothes?

No, they sell work clothes in all sizes to adults of all genders.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Even Tom of Finland isn't as batch-focused as Duluth Trading Company.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/pants/work-pants/

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have a bank account, and if my husband beat me I could call the police.

You could call the police at any time for any reason, but there's a good chance that whomever shows up will murder you in cold blood depending on your skin color.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Dick Burglar posted:

Their crotch gusset may be useful but it looks loving terrible.

Are you new here because I like you and this is unfamiliar to me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't see Duke Cannon without changing Duke to Dick.

And I watched a second video about Final Fantasy House that cleared up a bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHReSTzYQME

Aparently it was the Areith girl that had the cult of people who thought they were Otherkin of JRPG characters and that was the Goons Highschool Girlfriend.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Let's not forget the worst of the worst things in previous years: dial up internet. Do you really want to go back to that?? Or even further back to no internet? Nightmare inducing

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Tim Whatley posted:

How about an AUG company? I keep getting fed ads for these people. Imagine being this fragile.

Dick Burglar posted:

Reminds me of DUDE WIPES

Which are just normal flushable wipes but cost like 8x as much because they're in BLACK PACKAGING and made for DUDES.

There's a male grooming product company I actually want to like, because they seem decent, I like the scents they produce, and I'm all for supporting small companies. However, everything they had was expensive enough that I decided to hold out on actually buying anything (at least until a sale) without comparing and searching for other options.

Then I finally went with some lady friends to Target after a few drinks and found very similar products for much cheaper.

It kind of disappointments me that all of these companies just mark everything up to 8-10x of the price of products for :females:, but at the same time I'm kind of okay with capitalism leaching off of fragile masculinity. Both of those things are bad, so I'm okay if they start fighting each other. I hope they both lose.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Duke Cannon sounds like Ron Swanson runs a grooming company on the side.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

To go along with DUDE WIPES

And someone's a little obsessed with fire hoses at the Duluth Trading Company. :gizz:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

honda whisperer posted:

There was at one point and probably still is a company that marketed pig based gun oil so that you could not just kill Muslims, you could be sure to send them to hell.

I am not googling to find that though.

I googled so you don't have to. Here's some links. (The manufacturer's website has gone down for some strange reason, but nothing's ever gone on the Internet.)

https://web.archive.org/web/20130610234622/http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2011/05/26/company-sells-gun-oil-laced-pig-fat-deny-muslims-paradise

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nashona posted:

And someone's a little obsessed with fire hoses at the Duluth Trading Company. :gizz:

All this but DO NOT STICK IT IN YOUR EARS!!!

And the Chud obession with bacon as some kind of Muslim repellent was the first tangible sign of the brainworms that were going to lead a good chunk of the US population to think Mr All the Crimes who lives in a golden palace in the sky was the person to fix America and therefor should be president. They honestly think that if a Muslim gets even near pork they'll burst into flames or something. Do they think a cup of coffee is going to turn a Morman into a pile of dust?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

twistedmentat posted:

They honestly think

Politifacts rates this statement as "Pants on fire."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Tubgoat posted:

Then what is??

Sausage. Pork chops. You know, stuff with actual flavour and ~mouthfeel~.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Black pudding.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
No lie, I enjoy bacon more than porkchops or sausage. I blame the delicious sodium compounds (cba to check if they're nitrates or nitrites).

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Seems like a pretty good spot. I was gonna say 1862 since the Civil War was going on, slavery was still legal, runaway slaves were still being returned to their owners (even by the US Army), Indian massacres were still happening, women still didn't have rights, and foreign governments were honestly thinking about siding with the Confederate States and helping them win their racist war for slavery.

what about 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 for europe

racism, nationalism, genocide, annihilation

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Milo has really fallen on hard times, huh

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Twat McTwatterson posted:

what about 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 for europe

racism, nationalism, genocide, annihilation

what about, say, around exactly at Nov 30, 2018 09:29

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dick Burglar posted:

Reminds me of DUDE WIPES

Which are just normal flushable wipes but cost like 8x as much because they're in BLACK PACKAGING and made for DUDES.

And people complain about pink tax, sheesh.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

cash crab posted:

Are you new here because I like you and this is unfamiliar to me

I am new to posting in the AUG thread and in PYF in general, yes?

Ignore the lovely meme, it's the most illustrative picture I could find of the offending gusset:

Yes, I do spend a lot of time staring at mens' crotches :dong:

Dick Burglar has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Nov 30, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dick Burglar posted:

Yes, I do spend a lot of time staring at mens' crotches :dong:

I would expect that out of someone named "Dick Burglar"

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

AlbieQuirky posted:

I'm going to say 1850, because the Fugitive Slave Act was passed and the Trail of Tears was still happening. Plus, women of all colors had pretty much zero legal rights. Child labor was completely unfettered by any regulation. Don't forget shitbag Henry Clay's 1850 Compromise, or the corrupt presidency of noted idiot Millard Fillmore.

Oh, and the Third Great Awakening, which fostered a huge amount of bullshit.

1776 mutha fucka :cool:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If your gusset doesn't bleed at least once a month you ain't jerkin' in enough, you coward

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

text me a vag pic posted:

BUCKA BUCKA BUCKA

Please tell me someone has contacted child services

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Just loving lol if you don't think First Nations peoples aren't being massacred on a regular loving basis at this moment.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

As an atrocity it's much less newsworthy than Donny's child internment camps, but it's still happening.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

nashona posted:

I think my favourite was dryer sheets FOR MEN, or BOY BIBLE.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I just farted, queefed, sneezed, coughed, burped AND farted again, but louder all in one sexy 20 second burst. In the mall food court with a jolly holiday audience. On a first date.

I wanted to brag and I think this is the right spot.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That sounds glorious and I am jealous.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fizzymercy posted:

I just farted, queefed, sneezed, coughed, burped AND farted again, but louder all in one sexy 20 second burst. In the mall food court with a jolly holiday audience. On a first date.

Call me :bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

fizzymercy posted:

God, that must have been so satisfying.