Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah I meant compared to the old SH toy, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mods changed my name posted:

yeah I meant compared to the old SH toy, sorry

Yeah this figure is probably going to be taller by a few inches and is definitely wider, wing to wing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mothra looks rad.

I’m not really a big Godzilla fan though. I just think the design is neat. Very slick and badass.

Something someone like me would dig. king G looks rad too.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Burkion posted:

The kaiju himself? No idea.

The biggest Ghidorah has ever been in a movie is around 150 meters- they might make him a bit taller since 2014 Godzilla is 108 meters or some such, but it won't be too much.

Just ballparking it from the trailer, MY KING will be around 180-200 meters tall. He's massive and historically he's always dwarfed Godzilla. And Dougherty is a turbonerd about those things.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

I really like Rodan and Ghidorah. Not too sure about Mothra...

:swoon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/eiga_natalie/status/1068734336151605249

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Huh...They gave Rodan Feath-

quote:

NO THEY DIDN'T. WHO THE gently caress IS THAT?!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NOT MY RODAN

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Seriously though, that is definitely NOT Rodan in that picture. It's shaped all different and is covered in feathers. It's some kind of phoenix-type thing. I suspect the rumors of additional new kaiju are true...and likely for jobbing out to the big boys, but still. More monsters.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Finally, they brought back the giant condor from Godzilla vs the Sea Monster.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Seems weird there would be multiple different volcano bird monsters unless they are a family unit like the MUTOs. I’m guessing the drawing is battled damaged (if Rodan doesn’t have feathers) or the toy has a layer of molten lava on its wings (if Rodan does have feathers).

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I saw the pictures over on Reddit, and apparently the director said Rodan had feathers in his earlier designs, which were removed later.

So I’m thinking that’s an early concept art of Rodan.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

King G gonna cost all the money!! I love em! I’ll get all 3 of the new guys since I already have G 14.

Preorders up Jan 19th

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Huh. Not sure if those things at the front of Mothra are supposed to be claws so she can tussle with the other kaiju a bit, or just antennae.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Digging how the ridges on Rodan's wings looks like dried lava.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Noticed Godzilla's got bigger feet now too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Closer look at Mothra

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Okay, those are definitely claws so she can physically throw down with the other kaiju.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

This updated Goji theme is getting me hyped.
https://twitter.com/pacific_boy525/status/1068705780453400576

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mixing the Godzilla theme with the Ligeti's Requiem from the Halo jump scene for maximum "oh gently caress".

I do hope they keep some elements of Desplat's score in the film, because I thought the main theme for G14 was fantastic in that old school monster movie fashion.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Mothra's body seems almost more like a bee or a wasp looking at that better pic. Also is it my imagination or does Godzilla look mildly slimmed down from 2014? Like, he still has that dense, standing bear shape, but he looks les fat to me.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Don't know; there's that shot in the trailer where he unleashes his atomic breath to the sky and looks really fat

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The beer MUTO gut is the best thing about that shot.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

Mothra's body seems almost more like a bee or a wasp looking at that better pic. Also is it my imagination or does Godzilla look mildly slimmed down from 2014? Like, he still has that dense, standing bear shape, but he looks les fat to me.

He's on the cutting phase for this movie. After that, he's gonna bulk up again for Kong.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also Mothra being wasp-y isn't a new thing. GMK did that first.

I do love that she's basically using Kamacurus arms

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
What's cool is she looks like a MUTO

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Some more info:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-01/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-film-monster-design-concepts-figures-unveiled/.140218

Each of Ghidorah's heads were performed by a different performer to assure each head would be distinct.

Mothra's theme is in the film.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Some more info:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-01/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-film-monster-design-concepts-figures-unveiled/.140218

Each of Ghidorah's heads were performed by a different performer to assure each head would be distinct.

No way

No it isn't

NO

I don't believe you

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Davros1 posted:

Oh God just pump it into my veins already!

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I might just need to go back and watch Mothra and Godzilla Vs. The Thing, it's been too long

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Like the designs of the wings; it'll be interesting to see if KG can use them like arms.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dang, feathered Rodan was only conceptual.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Oh god that's good. I'm totally nerding out on this stuff, and to make it even better, I've got my 8 year old sitting here with me looking at the pictures and reacting to the music (his eyes got huge and he just said, "Ohhhh!"). He breaks with many G-fans in that he hates the twins with a passion. I was giving him a hard time by singing like them.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well that clears up that confusion about Rodan.

I wonder if the song will include the lyrics or just the melody.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Oh god that's good. I'm totally nerding out on this stuff, and to make it even better, I've got my 8 year old sitting here with me looking at the pictures and reacting to the music (his eyes got huge and he just said, "Ohhhh!"). He breaks with many G-fans in that he hates the twins with a passion. I was giving him a hard time by singing like them.

I hate the twins too

*ducks*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i cant imagine the song having lyrics, it wouldn't super fit the tone the legendary films have, but im more then prepared to be wrong, and would embrace it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, Godzilla's new theme has GO JI RA being chanted

So you know

Primal chanting version of Mothra Theme IS on point

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Closer look at some of the tweaks made to Big G hisownself:

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/1068728788115046400

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Burkion posted:

Primal chanting version of Mothra Theme IS on point

If it gets Infant Island into the 2014 canon I'm super into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Wow that Mothra was not the direction I was expecting them to go, but I dig the conceptual resemblance to the Mutos.

Ghidorah is on loving point though.