Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tyler Cook looked like he just got concussed by an elbow to the head and the refs didn't even bother to check for a foul until he'd been on the floor for like 45 seconds

E: he is back now which seems uh ill advised but maybe he's fine?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State gonna fall just short in this one, Wisconsin doing what they do: hitting threes and getting bailed the hell out on borderline foul calls.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou bad

Stunned they made it an actual game after the mid part of the second half, not at all stunned they couldn't pull it out.

My favorite useless sequence was inbounding the ball after a basket with absolutely no movement against the press and turning the ball over for an instant two, then doing the exact same loving thing two seconds later and turning it over again.

...in other news god help me I sort of enjoy watching Duke this year. I mean I'm mainly just watching Zion but still.

gently caress Duke anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Never in doubt

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
FSU's center logo is way too big and obscures the mid court line.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Carsen Edwards is awesome, but goddamn, does he love turning the ball over.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
This game is sloppy as gently caress so far, FSU going to be tough to beat. It's also weird seeing a bigger dude playing opposite Purdue for a change.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

This game is sloppy as gently caress so far, FSU going to be tough to beat. It's also weird seeing a bigger dude playing opposite Purdue for a change.

Purdue's getting open looks, but only Cline can hit them. Which sucks because everyone but Carsen is terrified to drive the ball.

Need to give Trevion Williams some minutes so they can get some rebounding.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 29, 2018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good road win for UVA tonight, even if the second half was pretty rough. Nice to know they can score when they need to. Now just need UNC to lose for a solid evening.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the mighty wild cat is handling georgia tech, you're welcome big ten

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Whelp. This and Michigan Saturday are going to be super ugly.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Good road win for UVA tonight, even if the second half was pretty rough. Nice to know they can score when they need to. Now just need UNC to lose for a solid evening.

Really impressed with Maryland’s size. Absolutely dominated on the glass. They couldn’t handle Jack Salt though

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Waving off the foul?

And then jump ball when FSU has two hands on Cline's bicep, awesome.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

loving Ted Valentine. And now to get blown out at Michigan on a day and a half of rest.

No charge on the final shot either. Twice played #15 ACC team, twice hosed by the refs.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Davidson is the perfect Badger because spiritually everyone who has ever played for Wisconsin is a white guy with a buzz cut named Brad

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 1, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Ugh this sucks, I hate Wisconsin so much

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

MourningView posted:

Davidson is the perfect Badger because spiritually everyone who has ever played for Wisconsin is a white guy with a buzz cut named Brad

he is such a floppy bitch

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
#21 Buffalo against San Francisco in Belfast, Ireland (lol what) at 10:30am

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

EugeneJ posted:

#21 Buffalo against San Francisco in Belfast, Ireland (lol what) at 10:30am

Really weird, maybe the best mid-major game on the schedule this year and no one saw it because of time and location.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress, we're playing indiana right now?

new big ten schedule loving sucks

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Creighton up on Gonzaga so far.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Michigan gonna beat Purdue by 30

Edit: Grady Eifert shouldn't be playing big minutes against decent Power 5 teams, let alone an elite team like the Wolverines

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

gently caress the refs !!!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Gonzaga survives.

Meanwhile this game at USC is probably the biggest obstacle for Nevada running the table this year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Stanford always has Kansas's number for some odd reason.

Though this looks more like rustiness after a couple weeks of snow to me, still, not great.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Thoughts on Vick going Super-Saiyan right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzP0qm5lKe0

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Haha jeez Mizzou's offense is just non-existent. It's gonna be a rough year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri plays great defense and gives themselves a chance to win in the last two minutes. Then can't inbound the ball to take a shot for that chance to win.

e: Had a time out to avoid the 5 second call that they didn't take too.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The most Mizzou way to lose. No improvement from last year with ball control and late game management

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lmao of course Geist wastes all the time and then makes his prayer shot

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haven't lost yet somehow? What in the world.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
gently caress Michigan St

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
it'd be neat if we remembered how to shoot the dumb basketball at some point soon

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It's a sad state of affairs when Mizzou hits 37 at half and it's an offensive bonanza. Regardless, the freshman are starting to look pretty good. I think Pickett and Pinson are gonna turn out to be valuable 4 year players

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dererk pardon rules

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Jesus Christ Lobos hit a shot in this game.

Mountain West is not good outside Nevada.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern just missed upsetting #5 by about a half inch

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m not as confident in the outcome as I was before the game started. Only thing I have hope in is that Iowa cools off. They shot really well in the first half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Waiting for us to blow this