Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Borrowed this from a buddy while she's out of town for the weekend. It's ok, but honestly the simmy elements are dragged down by the typical R* gameplay and halfassed ideas. Speaking of one, can I really entirely miss weapons while going through the story? Like, 'one chance, oops now you can literally never get that gun' kinda miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yes

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They’re just reskins of base models, sometimes with stat boosts

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hell i never use the rare double barrel because as best i can tell its worse than a fully upgraded normal one

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I hope they cover the whole map with ice and snow for Christmas

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ShootaBoy posted:

Borrowed this from a buddy while she's out of town for the weekend. It's ok, but honestly the simmy elements are dragged down by the typical R* gameplay and halfassed ideas. Speaking of one, can I really entirely miss weapons while going through the story? Like, 'one chance, oops now you can literally never get that gun' kinda miss?

You can miss slightly buffed "rare" guns. You can't miss any of the normal guns, and after you customize them I'm not sure any of the rare ones are much better anyway.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm on the last exotic collection quest and will be so glad when it's over. I'm up in the west Grizzlies as part of the orchid search and am trying to hunt for moose while I'm in the area. I'd say they're the most elusive animal in the game by far. I only ever see them by Lake Owanjila or Lake Isabella once in a blue moon, and even as rare as they are they're not always pristine. I need like three perfect moose pelts to complete all the trapper outfits so it's gonna take forever.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Hobo Clown posted:

I hope they cover the whole map with ice and snow for Christmas

! CORES AT RISK !

Also if they do that I hope they let us throw snowballs around like GTA does at Christmas time :buddy:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Republicans posted:

It really, really needs crafting.

So there actually is crafting. I found it by accident. You can build a bunch of the crazy stuff from pamphlets. You buy the pamphlets from fences. A lot of it is still there.

...but it is rank locked :negative:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ShootaBoy posted:

You can replay missions and get them I think. Not sure

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

WoodrowSkillson posted:

You can miss slightly buffed "rare" guns. You can't miss any of the normal guns, and after you customize them I'm not sure any of the rare ones are much better anyway.

Pretty sure the Rare Rolling Block is more accurate than the regular one even fully upgraded. You are right about the rest though; usually custom weapons are missing barrels and/or rifling that would improve the stats. That said the unique Schofields look cool enough that I don't mind using them over my customized ones.

TulliusCicero posted:

You can replay missions and get them I think. Not sure

No, the game keeps your save and replays separate.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so when does this "beta" end, yes I know it's not actually a loving beta it's just a marketing term, but is there any word on when they'll end it? maybe that will give us an idea on when they want to start doing content drops or something

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I had a grey dot random encounter that was just a guy falling dead off his horse. Then a guy getting eaten by crabs on the shore near Rhodes declared to me his love for Bonnie MacFarlane, and I'm about to try to deliver a letter he wrote to her, deep in the part of the map i haven't unlocked.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Pretty sure the Rare Rolling Block is more accurate than the regular one even fully upgraded. You are right about the rest though; usually custom weapons are missing barrels and/or rifling that would improve the stats. That said the unique Schofields look cool enough that I don't mind using them over my customized ones.

Where are the pretty schofields

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Can you cook food anywhere besides your camp in online? I'm trying to economize with a meat-based diet but the flighty nature of the camp makes this more of a hassle than i'd like

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gang hideouts are fairly numerous and have campfires. You can use your crafting tools at pretty much any campfire too, so shacks and poo poo that have them are fair game too.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

Can you cook food anywhere besides your camp in online? I'm trying to economize with a meat-based diet but the flighty nature of the camp makes this more of a hassle than i'd like

most campfires work around the game world, there’s some that seem like they’re tied to little cut scenes like the one for the first story mission in blackwater that don’t work but generally you can craft/cook/rest at just about any camp fire

there’s really not much point in the camp currently, hopefully eventually we’ll be able to get more camp members like a Pearson to sell pelts and animals to to actually make operating out of it and moving it around to different locations useful, as of right now it’s just a place to go afk to grab a snack and know you won’t get shot in the head. but it’s even pretty useless for that given how often cripps’ moves the drat thing around. He moved the loving thing on me while I was in the camp, right after I had paid to move it there.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

bees everywhere posted:

Online really gets frustrating when your horse is packed full of perfect animal pelts and carcasses, then just when you pull up to the butcher some turd shoots you in the head, and then when you respawn all of your pelts have disappeared off of your horse.

Had this happen to me but not with perfect pelts, they really have to fix that poo poo or the butcher will be a prime target for griefing

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Saw this in Online earlier... If you ever want to make someone laugh run into their camp and do this:

https://youtu.be/uQRjSUgTO8Y

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh man there are good and fun things about this game. I just spent five minutes having a 4-way battle over someone’s mail delivery quest and I ended up winning and I got an achievement.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
I looted a guy and got two explosive arrows today. I’ll have to save them for the perfect occasion

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
are there general rules for when you show up in the mini map in series modes? i know in the BR bow&arrow mode it shows you when you stay still, but what about in the other modes? i can't tell if its when you shoot/sprint/what

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Inspector Hound posted:

Where are the pretty schofields

The first one you can get is through a stranger mission, "The Noblest of Men, and a Woman", and you'll have to keep progressing that stranger mission and the story until chapter 4. It's available to pick up in the last section of the stranger mission which occurs in that chapter.

The second one you can't get until the main story is done and you're in the epilogue. It can be found inside of a chest in a cave northeast of Pleasance House in New Austin.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

ICMB posted:

I looted a guy and got two explosive arrows today. I’ll have to save them for the perfect occasion

I found a bow with 2 explosive arrows in a showdown match. It was glorious 5 seconds.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fire bottles always seem to surprise people in deathmatch

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the best part of online is that the bad players can't constsntly reload from their manual saves instead of embracing the chaos that makes frontier life so great

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I may have murdered a guy who thought it was still the Civil War. I sure hope he wasn't important later on.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah what is that guys deal

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

ZeusCannon posted:

Oh yeah what is that guys deal

Gonna go with dementia. Too bad he got mad about the rattlesnake I killed by his fence.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dr.Smasher posted:

I may have murdered a guy who thought it was still the Civil War. I sure hope he wasn't important later on.

I wonder if they based him on that Japanese soldier who stayed entrenched until like 1972.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i am glad to see and hear that RDRO is as big of a microtransactions, grindy, buggy hellworld I thought it would be.

Lmao if you bought the game for this specifically.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought I could still pull off the gold bar glitch because I haven’t played since it was patched. I was thinking I could just start the ps4 offline so it doesn’t get patched but once I tried it there were only two bars in the box.

Did they sneak a patch in on me somehow or am I loving it up

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Snowy posted:

I thought I could still pull off the gold bar glitch because I haven’t played since it was patched. I was thinking I could just start the ps4 offline so it doesn’t get patched but once I tried it there were only two bars in the box.

Did they sneak a patch in on me somehow or am I loving it up

The ps4 will update games in rest mode if you dont change the setting.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

i am glad to see and hear that RDRO is as big of a microtransactions, grindy, buggy hellworld I thought it would be.

Lmao if you bought the game for this specifically.

i don't think anyone in this thread did, but hell yeah you got 'em

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I literally want to loving murder who ever designed the fishing control scheme in this game with my bare loving hands.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Is there anyway I can find my misplaced Schofield revolver? I must’ve accidentally swapped it with a corpse’s cattleman’s.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

i don't think anyone in this thread did, but hell yeah you got 'em

Did I single out anyone in the thread?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Boosh! posted:

Is there anyway I can find my misplaced Schofield revolver? I must’ve accidentally swapped it with a corpse’s cattleman’s.

Should be on your horse still

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Finished the main game: Arthur was great, could understand why he stayed even if it was frustrating. From what the doctor said, would it have been possible for him to recover if he got to take it easy somewhere dry?

Anyway, was good how it involved you in the redemptive choices in chapter 6. Now to find out what would have happened if I went with John, seems like he was going away from all the interesting stuff.

And I'm just at the point in the epilogue where I think I get it. Abigail is tidily out of the way but John is doing his thing to buy the farm.

Regarding clothing: it seems odd how little appealing clothes there are to buy when you get so much free from the start. Would have been a good money sink later if I had to buy it, like higher stakes gambling. And later on John's Jean top is so cool I'll at most put a coat over it.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm on the last exotic collection quest and will be so glad when it's over. I'm up in the west Grizzlies as part of the orchid search and am trying to hunt for moose while I'm in the area. I'd say they're the most elusive animal in the game by far. I only ever see them by Lake Owanjila or Lake Isabella once in a blue moon, and even as rare as they are they're not always pristine. I need like three perfect moose pelts to complete all the trapper outfits so it's gonna take forever.

Finished the exotics today. The hat is dandy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Dogen posted:

Should be on your horse still

Nope :(

Some Redditors say it’s a bug. Oh well.