Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
"My opponents speed is so fast nobody can see him move"
"He only moves in a straight line with no deviations and me as his only target"
Geeze, I wonder how you counter someone who always runs full speed at you with no way to brake or turn around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gensai does not give a single gently caress about stupid magic kung-fu bullshit and its great. :allears:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 1, 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I love Gensai so much

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
cower before his strong fundamentals

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Rei had his inner power unlocked by the power of Gettin That Booty

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Lol, Rei's such a moron.

Gensai: I'm just gonna hold my elbow out and if you run into it, that's your fault.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

How can Rei be the ultimate male if he doesn’t even have a godly beard

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Well poo poo, now we all know that Gensai's gonna win, because he's the only one with any real facial hair.

I do wonder if he'll actually manage to beat Rei before his feet explode and he goes flying into the wall like a racecar though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

THE

DEVIL

ELBOW

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I know that we're doubting that the queen bee actually likes Rei as a person, but her hesitation to use her ability on him suggests that she might actually care(and shows that she never used it to gain his loyalty). It would be cool if this doesn't turn into a classic "you're of no use to me anymore. goodbye" cliche.

And Gensai is the loving bomb.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This fight so far in a nutshell

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Pierson posted:

Rei had his inner power unlocked by the power of Gettin That Booty

Being Thirsty and getting laid makes you stronger, sorry Ohma.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Mindblast posted:

I know that we're doubting that the queen bee actually likes Rei as a person, but her hesitation to use her ability on him suggests that she might actually care(and shows that she never used it to gain his loyalty). It would be cool if this doesn't turn into a classic "you're of no use to me anymore. goodbye" cliche.

From what we've seen of Rino so far I don't think she's gonna take a left turn and do that, (also the fact that the number of villainous women in this manga has been zero) but I doubt that she reciprocates Rei's feelings.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

El Burbo posted:

greystache power

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Gensai does not give a single gently caress about stupid magic kung-fu bullshit and its great. :allears:

In a world of stupid shounen caricatures, his special trait is "Is the greatest living martial artist". Gee you twee gently caress, why don't you run straight at him some more? I bet that will work out for you.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

(also the fact that the number of villainous women in this manga has been zero)

Was about to bring up Tomari as a counter-example but remembered that she is actually no more callous and manipulative than most of the other CEOs, just much more upfront about it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah, I mean Tomari is ruthless and ambitious, but in the context of the manga itself she's definitely portrayed in a positive light, as a badass take-charge CEO rather than some rear end in a top hat

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Between the first hit here and the razor's edge he took from Rihito, Gensai's wounds seem to be exaggerated when they happen and then the next chapter they're barely even bleeding. I guess probably just for the cliff hangers. Anyway, Gensai owns. I wonder how his defense holds up against Agito.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha okay, now that's much more how I expected KA to describe the power of love.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

It's funny that it's his third appearance and we still know relatively little about Gensai and his motivations. We know he's dedicated to karate to the point of perfection, an assassin that knows many of the movers & shakers of the previous generation if not the current one, but like no reason as to why he chose to come to the fights now or why his CEO chose him. I would imagine that anyone on Gensai's level would have been approached to fight in Kengan matches previously.

He truly is the most powerful wielder of the flashback fu.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Bushmeister posted:

It's funny that it's his third appearance and we still know relatively little about Gensai and his motivations. We know he's dedicated to karate to the point of perfection, an assassin that knows many of the movers & shakers of the previous generation if not the current one, but like no reason as to why he chose to come to the fights now or why his CEO chose him. I would imagine that anyone on Gensai's level would have been approached to fight in Kengan matches previously.

He's just a very good teacher whose current students are the entire tournament roster.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bushmeister posted:

His CEO is Lemmy, so he clearly just picked Gensai based on his facial hair and got lucky.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
gensai ftw

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gensai rules because he's old and experienced enough that nothing in the tournament can surprise him, but not so old that he's forced to sit on the sidelines like Grandpa Kure and Rei's master (who is his grandfather, I think?)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gensai vs sen would be a cool fight but we all know ohma is going to beat agito

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Gensai rules because he's old and experienced enough that nothing in the tournament can surprise him, but not so old that he's forced to sit on the sidelines like Grandpa Kure and Rei's master (who is his grandfather, I think?)

Yeah nothing. Nothing...But an indestructible Fang!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mindblast posted:

And Gensai is the loving bomb.

I think that she actually does hold him in pretty high regard, yeah. Not only did she hesitate in using her ability on him, he also knew about it existing and the limitations of it, which suggests that not only does she trust him implicitly enough to tell him about a magic hypnosis ability that only works on men, she trusted him enough to tell him about it without using it on him in the first place.

I think it would be nice if she actually did love him the way he loves her. He doesn't seem like a bad person, just a dork; his idea of "love" appears to be a super deep and affectionate friendship rather than fuckin', and he cares about her enough that he was willing to reinvent his entire life to be with her. It would be kind of a lame cliche if she was just a user after all. I want Rei's body to be detonated into pieces, not his emotions.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Rei is a big lovable dork, but a dork nonetheless, and one who desperately needs to be shoved into the metaphorical locker by Castle Kuroki.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

A castle full of elephants with awesome beards.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Her power would make more sense if he hadn't just been distracted

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

everyone knows the power of love only really activates when the loved one is being threatened so Rei is going to job to the ultimate jobber

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's a shame muteba never interacted with rino

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the chad muteba and virgin rei

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The castle panel is probably my favorite scene in the entire manga.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gensai gets his strength from decades of training and combat. Rei gets his strength from being horny

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
My only complaint about gensai is that they ditched his surly biker look for what it is now.

El Burbo posted:

The power of fluffy boys shines within Kuroki

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

Gensai gets his strength from decades of training and combat. Rei gets his strength from being horny

You're wrong, my friend. Rei's power comes from pure volcel affection. The only character that derives their power from being horny is Karla and we haven't seen her demonstrate how strong the thirst makes her.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
She apparently likes nets because she had a bunch of hayami's goons hung up in a big net, I hope we see her fight at least once

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Rei's whipped harder than that Guardian Bando killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

McTimmy posted:

The castle panel is probably my favorite scene in the entire manga.

That owned