Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok the gameplay looks really really good... Like this is really not that different from PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK4pr1cb4uU

Palutena looking gooooood!

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
My wireless GameCube style pro controller arrived. I'm glad I got it and the face buttons feel much nicer for smash, but man modern controllers are just way more comfortable to hold than this thing.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m quickly losing count of the characters I’m excited to play as

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes. You can use them for non-Smash games as well.

They don’t work well for Mario Odyssey sadly since you can’t rebind Cappy from Y to B but GCN controls are a perfect fit for Kirby

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 1, 2018

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Does anyone else hope the tournament standard, or at least Evo, is going to be Squad Strike rather than 3 stock?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

All Star Versus didn’t become the standard for PM so I don’t expect Squad Strike to become the standard for this. Maybe a side event though.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Just noticed when Donkey Kong fully charges his punch his portrait flashes

:kongface:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

bef posted:

They also brought back rear end-canceling, scum shielding and cheesechucking

Are the guessies still messy?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

G&W looking sick. Really digging how strong DK looks too

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I would genuinely be fine if the meta was straight up 3v3 squad strike.

100% this

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Do most people press up to jump or do they disable that and use a button?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

All people disable up to jump. Some "people" leave it on

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

neonchameleon posted:

Does anyone else hope the tournament standard, or at least Evo, is going to be Squad Strike rather than 3 stock?
Unless there's a better financial incentive to do so, there is no way players will want to be restricted to playing their best character 1/3 or 1/5 of the time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

Someone quoted an archived post of mine from 12 years ago where I defended up to jump.

I was right then and I'm right now.

In that it's my preference and your preference is also right, for you.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Coaaab posted:

Unless there's a better financial incentive to do so, there is no way players will want to be restricted to playing their best character 1/3 or 1/5 of the time

id rather watch someone's three best characters

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Coaaab posted:

what if it's more fun

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gay Horney posted:

id rather watch someone's three best characters

fg tournaments are community run events for players. it's not like esports where there's hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line and it's more about ad revenue and spectators.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

G&W looking sick.

Hyped to try him out. Liking the new bombs and the change to Oil Panic. Plus all his new animations are good. And he's even managed to overcome his violent racism

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Countblanc posted:

fg tournaments are community run events for players. it's not like esports where there's hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line and it's more about ad revenue and spectators.

Smash is on TNT now so be prepared for that to end

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gay Horney posted:

Smash is on TNT now so be prepared for that to end

argh!!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Sudden Javelin posted:

Hyped to try him out. Liking the new bombs and the change to Oil Panic. Plus all his new animations are good. And he's even managed to overcome his violent racism

what are the bombs and the oil panic change?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sudden Javelin posted:

it was very wise of G&W to copy megaman's "stealing enemy's techniques" technique, in order to steal megaman's up-air.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Squad strike isnt online?!?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

b_d posted:

what are the bombs and the oil panic change?

His forward air is now a bomb he drops like villager's bowling ball. gives him a better off-stage option

Oil panic now reflects physical projectiles as well as absorbing energy ones as it's always done

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b-b-but what about his old forward air? the big credit card or whatever smack. very strong

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Amazing how much more appealing Pokemon Trainer is solely from the removal of the stamina mechanic and making the transformations instant. I wasn't keen on them at all in Brawl
I was keen on them in Brawl and Stamina + laggy ground-only switching were such g.d. pains

:love::syoon::love:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

b_d posted:

b-b-but what about his old forward air? the big credit card or whatever smack. very strong

I think the bomb f-air still smacks like the credit card, but it then has a secondary projectile after that!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Yeah I loved the big credit card

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
g&w lost his credit card after falling for one too many Attention All Gamers vids

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

punch the monkey for a FREE KO

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

b_d posted:

It's a nondescript package, but according to the Modern version in the Game & Watch Galleries, it's a cake box.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I always thought it was one of those movie clackers but when I heard credit card that one stuck with me. I think I read the box thing once before and immediately forgot it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Now the only nondescript package left is Captain Falcon's

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think everyone in this thread should open MSpaint and draw Kirby (Without the circle tool!!!)

Winner gets to know they drew a very nice kirby

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think everyone in this thread should open MSpaint and draw Kirby (Without the circle tool!!!)

i made this instead

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Countblanc posted:

i made this instead

you made it backwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Other than colour, he's entirely Pencil.