Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Not gonna go back and look rn but I’m fairly certain Sal clarified pretty quickly after his Vt joke that he was not vt so folks acting like that was serious are :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Stuff that stuck out from me from the reactions to my BS D1 claims so far:

Natural 20 posted:

##vote imgay to free Yami from his terrifying compliment prison.

Complimentison?

Complison?

Prisoliment?

Seems to have accepted my claim a little bit too easily. While yes, it is imgay they're voting, they didn't question it at all. Bit suspect to me.

jimmydalad posted:

One way to find out~ ##vote yami

Seems REALLY eager to kill people. I was already suspect of how quickly they jumped on the claim, but now that I read their post history their only contest is about lunching me... or lunching imgay. There's no comments on the VT claim, imgay's dracula stuff or anything like that.

Other than that Podima seems way too serious for Day 1, but they way they post I'm not sure if they understand the concept of fun so :shrug:

Vote is going to stay on my eternal rival, Bif, for now, but I'd be willing to vote either of nat20 or jimmy too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

chaoslord posted:

Not gonna go back and look rn but I’m fairly certain Sal clarified pretty quickly after his Vt joke that he was not vt so folks acting like that was serious are :thunk:

This is my feelings on it too

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SalTheBard posted:

Yes. Grieving of Gakku or whatever it's called is the only game we've had together since Fate/Stay. Like I said that was my way of joking with a close friend.

Yeah that was how I read it. It was a crazy game that happened months ago, and we haven't really played together much since then, so to me it was a normal thing to say.

What doesn't make sense to me:

b-minus1 posted:

Agreed. Definitely getting scum pings from Sal

Humalong says he has a scum read on Sal. B- jumps in to agree without really clarifying why. Then, Bif asks Sal if he's still referencing Fate/Stay and if the two of us have played together since.

B-, unprompted, answers:

b-minus1 posted:

I can answer that. They have played together a few times since fate stay

(a) This isn't true.
(b) The only motivation I can think of for b- to post this at all is that he's self-conscious scum who needs a reason to have a scum read on Sal.

##vote B-

What's the case on Sal? He feels town to me and I think he's the patsy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

imgay posted:

I'm thinking about turning you into a vampire tonight

Please don't target me with this, there are no craps games on the graveyard shift :ohdearsass:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The truth is my role is leader of the unholy coven

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

imgay posted:

The truth is my role is leader of the unholy coven

What does the leader of the unholy coven do, imgay?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

What does the leader of the unholy coven do, imgay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4CN9DVPII

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I see, thank you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Vote is going to stay on my eternal rival, Bif, for now, but I'd be willing to vote either of nat20 or jimmy too.

Is someone like me really worth considering as a rival? You honour me too much, Yami-san.

But if you're that interested in casing me, shouldn't my interactions with Kitiara catch your interest as well? What did you think about them?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Just as expected from Dr. Chao Slord! I didn't notice his retraction at first, but your diligence and attention to detail will save everyone from letting me mislead them.

I have to admit, the idea that another painfully ordinary person with no worthwhile talent could be here among you all... I couldn't get my mind off it for some reason.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Is someone like me really worth considering as a rival? You honour me too much, Yami-san.

But if you're that interested in casing me, shouldn't my interactions with Kitiara catch your interest as well? What did you think about them?

Didn't I already comment on those briefly? I'm fairly sure I did.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Honestly i think bif and hum were more scummy in that exchange than kit was. Bifs "you didnt vote me either!1! Is very weak of a response imo. Hum's reply is weird too.

##vote bif

A little bit briefer than I thought. Basically, my problem with that exchange was the following:

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not really sure what that means, but I love all of you for being such symbols of hope with your wonderful powers and talents!

It's strange that Sal claims to just be vanilla, then. Is he just that confident in his Mafia ability?!

Kitiara posted:

For whatever it’s worth, I found this post to be quite scummy. It felt like bif wanted people to start suspecting Sal, but without committing to a vote or directly accusing him.

Not that I necessarily believe Sal’s claim, but the phrasing of that post pinged me.

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha! You haven't voted me either, Kitiara-san!

I would gladly be a stepping stone for the town. But if someone were to take advantage of how I'm hard to understand, and use that to craft a fake case of despair... that I would never forgive.

##vote Kitiara

I feel like your reaction is heavily overblown here. While I don't necesarily agree with Kit there, I can see the logic behind it. It's also not necessarily worth voting someone over, in my opinion.

It's ESPECIALLY not worth going "You're saying all this bad stuff about me but not voting!1!1! over. " It's a snappy response to an okayish point. One that essentially ignores the point of the argument made to attack an easy 'weak point' of it.

Kitiara posted:

Lol you’re voting me just because I called out one of your posts? There’s no case there at all. Do you really think I’m scum?

I’m a relatively new player and I’m trying to learn, but every game I feel like I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. I was told to not just say “I find bif suspicious and instead quote exactly what rubs me the wrong way. I was giving you a chance to respond before voting for you. Your response didn’t sell me as town, but it was probably more aggressive than what i think scum would be so I’m still not voting for you, but will be carefully watching your posts. Ta.

For what it's worth, this post is needlessly defensive, but it seems more levelheaded and honest than Bif's response to me. Which, incidentally, makes Humalong's response even more jarring to me:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hmm, yeah this is caught scum.

This is the only post Humalong made about the exchange. It looks too much of an attempt to jump on a bandwagon for me to ignore. Especially since they didn't comment on Bif's side of that exchange whatsoever, and the rest of their post history seems to be largely filler.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote imgay

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

gently caress off with the Lumpen roleplay again.

there's no need for name-calling, sara

I am claiming the role of bif's senpai

not like, in game terms; as in like, I have dibs

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

imgay (4): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord
b-minus1 (1): Murmur Twin
Yami Fenrir (1): jimmydalad
Bifauxnen (1): Yami Fenrir
Kitiara (1): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen
Murmur Twin (1): SalTheBard
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Lynch No One! (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
jimmydalad (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (6): imgay, Kitiara, peramene, Podima, Rhjamiz, SolusLunes

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is the only post Humalong made about the exchange. It looks too much of an attempt to jump on a bandwagon for me to ignore. Especially since they didn't comment on Bif's side of that exchange whatsoever, and the rest of their post history seems to be largely filler.

What a compliment! To call my one vote a bandwagon, do you think I'm that persuasive?

Of course, Podima-kun had voted Kitiara once earlier, for a different reason... that reply to me wasn't the only reason to look at Kitiara with suspicion.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

What a compliment! To call my one vote a bandwagon, do you think I'm that persuasive?

Of course, Podima-kun had voted Kitiara once earlier, for a different reason... that reply to me wasn't the only reason to look at Kitiara with suspicion.

Not your vote. Humalongs vote. That was a short addendum to the the case.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

When did I vote

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nvm, I thought you did because of the way bif phrased that sentence.

... but then why aren't you voting a person you're saying is caught scum?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its prob because they just pretending content while just afkrunning forward

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SalTheBard posted:

My Vanilla claim is a joke. In a game where I could be anything I came up with something I thought would be fun.

Honestly I took it as pretty face value when you came out with it. I would have bought it. :shrug:

I mean, it fits with what I've gotten off of your personality, and it would be quite the choice to be VT in a CYOR game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
being vt seems pretty op

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I know one very good reason Humalong wouldn't have cast a vote!

Haven't you noticed yet, Yami-san?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Okay, now I'm just confused. Why is humalong commenting on the game if he's not a player? Did I miss something?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Yami Fenrir posted:

Okay, now I'm just confused. Why is humalong commenting on the game if he's not a player? Did I miss something?

Lol wtf

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Am I missing something?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:smuggo:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m vote proof

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My flavor is Harold Krell

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its a hard life being a vampire.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voteproof? As Harold Krell?

Harold Krell should be the OPPOSITE of voteproof.

Harold Krell should have 15 stacks of hated.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My win condition is to be modkilled.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

Honestly I took it as pretty face value when you came out with it. I would have bought it. :shrug:

I mean, it fits with what I've gotten off of your personality, and it would be quite the choice to be VT in a CYOR game.

VT is my least favorite role in mafia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In any case, apart from Kitiara I think we should also consider b-minus and jimmy today.

Kitiara-san, what do you think of those two suggestions? Who are your own scum picks, and are they as bad as imgay?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I know one very good reason Humalong wouldn't have cast a vote!

Haven't you noticed yet, Yami-san?

Holy hell. I really didn’t think outside the box enough when choosing my role.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

In any case, apart from Kitiara I think we should also consider b-minus and jimmy today.

Kitiara-san, what do you think of those two suggestions? Who are your own scum picks, and are they as bad as imgay?

I think my biggest scum pick would be imgay. He might be joking about his role, but at the very least it sounds 3P and not town. B- I can’t really read, but Jimmy seems to be lurking a lot more than normal/when he is town. I just woke up (11:30am :wink: ), but I’ll switch to the pc and read through b-, imgay, yourself, possibly pod and and Jimmy.

Humanlong was starting to ping me, but surely scum couldn’t be Lynch-proof. So I’m assuming he’s town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

VT is my least favorite role in mafia

For a long time, humans have been taught that if you try hard enough, you can accomplish anything. Even if we weren't told this directly, you'd know it just by looking at the world around us. The Internet, TV, and newspapers are overflowing with hopeful messages that say exactly that... But people who can't win...people who don't try to win...people who try their best and still can't win...

They are all worthless trash.

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who are born with worth, and everybody else. No matter how hard a lowly human tries, they will never be the same as someone who was born worthy. They say that "effort breeds success"... But that's a complete lie. The world is not that accomodating. No matter how hard a VT tries, they will never become a watcher... No matter how much a penguin tries, there's no way it will ever soar through the sky... Which means...unworthy humans will never become worthy, no matter what they do. People with talent don't become talented... They're just born with their abilities right from the start.

That's right...just like you guys. That's why I have so much respect for you all. Ah, just so you know, what I feel is different from admiration. Admiration is...wishing you could be like the object of your admiration. But what I feel is not so self-serving. How should I put it? What I feel is...more pure... More like a selfless love that wants nothing in return.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Humanlong was starting to ping me, but surely scum couldn’t be Lynch-proof. So I’m assuming he’s town.

Assumptions like these could be the death of you.

💀💀💀💀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

For a long time, humans have been taught that if you try hard enough, you can accomplish anything. Even if we weren't told this directly, you'd know it just by looking at the world around us. The Internet, TV, and newspapers are overflowing with hopeful messages that say exactly that... But people who can't win...people who don't try to win...people who try their best and still can't win...

They are all worthless trash.

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who are born with worth, and everybody else. No matter how hard a lowly human tries, they will never be the same as someone who was born worthy. They say that "effort breeds success"... But that's a complete lie. The world is not that accomodating. No matter how hard a VT tries, they will never become a watcher... No matter how much a penguin tries, there's no way it will ever soar through the sky... Which means...unworthy humans will never become worthy, no matter what they do. People with talent don't become talented... They're just born with their abilities right from the start.

That's right...just like you guys. That's why I have so much respect for you all. Ah, just so you know, what I feel is different from admiration. Admiration is...wishing you could be like the object of your admiration. But what I feel is not so self-serving. How should I put it? What I feel is...more pure... More like a selfless love that wants nothing in return.

Nah

• Locked thread