Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

Its a hard life being a vampire.

What does it mean for you that you didn’t post in spoilers? Did you get killed by the sun? Also, what’s your win condition?

Re: imgay, I read the posts and he’s always consistent about being a vampire, do people really think he’s town?

Re: humanlong, I’d like to see if this works:

##vote humalong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look at votefinder

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

##vote imgay to free Yami from his terrifying compliment prison.

Complimentison?

Complison?

Prisoliment?

What do you think about this post, Yami?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Can we please get mod confirmation if humalong is in the game? I hope it isn’t one of those bs situations where a player enters the game on day 2 like birdstrike did recently

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gonna spill the beans on the rest of my scum team in a sec

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (5): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Anonymous
b-minus1 (1): Murmur Twin
Yami Fenrir (1): jimmydalad
Bifauxnen (1): Yami Fenrir
Kitiara (1): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen
Murmur Twin (1): SalTheBard
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Lynch No One! (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
jimmydalad (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (6): imgay, Kitiara, peramene, Podima, Rhjamiz, SolusLunes

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

What does it mean for you that you didn’t post in spoilers? Did you get killed by the sun? Also, what’s your win condition?

Re: imgay, I read the posts and he’s always consistent about being a vampire, do people really think he’s town?

Re: humanlong, I’d like to see if this works:

##vote humalong

Ha ha Ha hA your votes have no effect on me

I have transcended mere voting

Not even a rolling start can save you from me

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

For a long time, humans have been taught that if you try hard enough, you can accomplish anything. Even if we weren't told this directly, you'd know it just by looking at the world around us. The Internet, TV, and newspapers are overflowing with hopeful messages that say exactly that... But people who can't win...people who don't try to win...people who try their best and still can't win...

They are all worthless trash.

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who are born with worth, and everybody else. No matter how hard a lowly human tries, they will never be the same as someone who was born worthy. They say that "effort breeds success"... But that's a complete lie. The world is not that accomodating. No matter how hard a VT tries, they will never become a watcher... No matter how much a penguin tries, there's no way it will ever soar through the sky... Which means...unworthy humans will never become worthy, no matter what they do. People with talent don't become talented... They're just born with their abilities right from the start.

That's right...just like you guys. That's why I have so much respect for you all. Ah, just so you know, what I feel is different from admiration. Admiration is...wishing you could be like the object of your admiration. But what I feel is not so self-serving. How should I put it? What I feel is...more pure... More like a selfless love that wants nothing in return.

bif is your flavor your av

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

Can we please get mod confirmation if humalong is in the game? I hope it isn’t one of those bs situations where a player enters the game on day 2 like birdstrike did recently

I came up with a role for The Undertaker that would have seen me enter the game on d3 or d4 because my walk to the ring takes so long

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Has Rhjamiz even posted yet? I think a lurker lunch is the best idea today

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Someone vote them for me

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
How do I quote the list of posts per player?

I’m basically suspicious of the current lowest posters:

Natural 20 and Jimmy. Specially the latter, since he tends to post a lot as town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Natural 20 and Jimmy. Specially the latter, since he tends to post a lot as town.

@kitiara alt print screen works pretty well

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

poo poo everyone ignore that I posted in the wrong window

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

He has very very few posts. I’d feel comfortable with a vote on him, but I think a vote of Jimmy and Natural 20 feels better.

I don’t know what to make about not being able to vote you, but I’ve resigned myself to be totally confused this game.

##vote jimmy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

He has very very few posts. I’d feel comfortable with a vote on him, but I think a vote of Jimmy and Natural 20 feels better.

I don’t know what to make about not being able to vote you, but I’ve resigned myself to be totally confused this game.

##vote jimmy

Lynching a lurker gives us no information

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

That's easy to check.

At the moment I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Lynching a lurker gives us no information

Well yes, which is why I prefer the other two over Rhjamiz. I think hiding behind lurking is a great scum strategy, natural 20 has a scummy looking post and I already said that I think jimmy posts a lot more as town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

bif is your flavor your av

I'll tell you... if you kneel down and lick my shoes.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Well yes, which is why I prefer the other two over Rhjamiz. I think hiding behind lurking is a great scum strategy, natural 20 has a scummy looking post and I already said that I think jimmy posts a lot more as town.

So I've looked over those two's postings and they're all about as sparse and contentless as mine, except that each one has (joke?) voted in a way that is... equally unhelpful.

Beyond your opinion that they're scum, I'm confused why you think they're going to yield better info?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

Beyond your opinion that they're scum, I'm confused why you think they're going to yield better infotainment?

I already explained my position on why I had the scum opinion of them. Yeah it’s gasping at straws a bit, but it’s day 1. It’s not like we have a lot to go on. I don’t think that lynching that would yield better info than lynching you but I think there’s a good chance that one of them is scum. I think that letting lurkers go free because “we won’t get any info by lynching them” isn’t a good strategy. Scum take advantage of lurking and you can normally find them in lurkers.

I still imgay’s weird vampire thing is possibly third party and the better lunch today. I’m leaving my vote on jimmy for now though to see how he responds to it.

How about you? What are your thoughts on players?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

look at votefinder

Kitiara posted:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

My flavor is Harold Krell

Mr. Humalong posted:

My win condition is to be modkilled.

Bifauxnen posted:

How should I put it?

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll tell you... if you kneel down and lick my shoes.

🎵 Ikoroshia

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i win when all threats to town have been removed

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

Its a hard life being a vampire.

I dig this post. Imgay should make a couple more like it and hammer himself. :)

---The Hum stuff is weird, but don't see how we can do anything about it at this point.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Just wait until night 1 you philistines

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Everything’s coming up Humalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Is drunk posting against the rules

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Is drunk posting against the rules

absolutely not, please, go right ahead

post your role pm

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

peramene posted:

there's no need for name-calling, sara

I am claiming the role of bif's senpai

not like, in game terms; as in like, I have dibs

I will accept this. But does this make you my senpai squared?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Kitiara posted:

I'm currently suspicious of the British person who's asleep and can't post.

Wait no, I've been told this is an rear end in a top hat line to pursue.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Wait no, I've been told this is an rear end in a top hat line to pursue.

But also in my experience you usually hit a bunch of town lurkers before you ever get anywhere near scum lurkers.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

I’m in Australia. I know time zone difficulties are a thing. I called out both you and jimmy (who is also uk Timezone) because of your lack of posting. It’s been over 48 hrs since the game started and there were 24 hrs between your last posts. So please don’t make it out to be that I called you out while you were sleeping.

Can you give me some reads while you’re here?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know some vampires in new zealand

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who are born with worth, and everybody else.

All it takes is a few lucky rolls to move upwards :slick: :rolldice:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Wow, didn’t realise being asleep and not being able to post constitutes as me being suspicious. Plus, trying to get solid reads on day 1 is difficult for me, especially with this game where flavour is all over the place and I’m finding it hard to discern the non-serious posts to the serious ones.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kitiara posted:

It’s suspicious to me that your read on b- is “I can’t read him” and then you go on to case a bunch of other lurkers

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

It’s suspicious to me that your read on b- is “I can’t read him” and then you go on to case a bunch of other lurkers

Fair enough. The truth is that I’ve played with b- for a few games now and I’ve been completely sure that he’s town on games where he was scum and viceversa. I read through his posts and there’s little content there but at least he’s posted a bit more than normal (does that make him more likely to be town? Or scum? :shrug: ). Its day 1 we’re all gasping at straws.

My best vote for today would be imgay. I put pressure on natural (who to be fair I didn’t know was asleep) and Jimmy (who I’m used to his posting a lot), because they were lurking and lurking is bad for town.

##vote imgay

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

Plus, trying to get solid reads on day 1 is difficult for me, especially with this game where flavour is all over the place and I’m finding it hard to discern the non-serious posts to the serious ones.

I can relate to this, but can you tell us who you are leaning on at the moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Kitiara posted:

I’m in Australia. I know time zone difficulties are a thing. I called out both you and jimmy (who is also uk Timezone) because of your lack of posting. It’s been over 48 hrs since the game started and there were 24 hrs between your last posts. So please don’t make it out to be that I called you out while you were sleeping.

Can you give me some reads while you’re here?

Imgay because I suspect cult.

Bifu to my tremendous regret because her flavour screams evil.

You because pushing a d1 lurker lunch is an excellent scum strat.

• Locked thread