Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

PDF

Philadelphia - May 3, 2259

Vivi gawks a bit at Roxie and crosses her arms for a proper pout. "Maybe I just wanted a cat... they remind me of me..." She grumbles and works up to a little scowl. "And besides, a guy like that with a cat like that! It's obvious he'd go crazy to get it back... but anyway!" She peers over to Phia and grins. "A cameraman is fine as long as they buzz off to bunk somewhere else. A girl has to have her privacy at night, right?" She uncrosses her arms and flicks her fingers out, gesturing to the others for a little support! They'd all have to agree with that point, right?!

"Oooohhhh, Baz? Thanks! Just you wait! This'll be so good the Deathless might forfeit!" She laughs at her own joke and settles in for the recap. All she really has to offer is "Euuugghhh. They're all so gross." She flicks a knife-finger out a few times and grins to the other Furies. "Tear apart the backline? Woooo~w, we're so lucky to work together~ It's my specialty <3!"

She winks at Kate when she brings up taking on Minhua solo. "You can own it and her! Every true star needs a rival and I believe in you <3!" Vivi has gotten a lot of weird looks today... but every great team just needs to be told it isn't great once to start falling apart. Nothing new, really.

---

Philadelphia - May 4-9, 2259

During conversation her conversation with Fenrir, Vivi makes sure to give him a nice long look at the brooding bot in her full promo outfit, whip out and everything! "You'll have my permission to scout those freelancers a few hours after we meet up..." Her mind begins processing the query sincerely. "Ahhh.. have you heard about these hotheads from one of the illegal rings? They fell apart when their ring-man died for real, hee hee~" She sighs a bit for the actual tragedy of the situation and internally watches a few of the streamed matches in her head. It was just as well. Devil Trigger was getting a bit played out even before they burned out! "Some people have trouble getting in the big leagues, you'll be such a hero to them, Fenny!" She recommends:

Benjamin "Hothead" Morris, a lightning-bruiser who goes crazy in the ring and really plays up his inner fire! (Tiefling Frozen Land Berserker)

Jenn Hallewell aka Immoltra, an unusually durable caster-type who subbed into the team with a heavy leaning on the on-fire part to make up for the not-a-Tiefling part! (Hobgoblin Fire Elementalist)

Gosh, she doesn't know if they're the best but she certainly likes them a lot as a fan! Benny is so cute out of the ring and so fun inside it and Jenn is just a darling who appreciates a good retro-chic name! Vivi gushes with Fenrir for as long as she can before The Promo is shot!

---

Philadelphia - May 4-9, 2259 After Promo Shoot

Vivi muses over this one for a while and eventually figures... gently caress it. Anything less than pure Vivi would be suspicious in itself. So she finishes a gym session and takes her exciting new long hair and gets it done in a long, sleek ponytail, a bit elaborate for peak elegance! Or at least being filmed elegance! She pairs it with a cute and sporty outfit with a stylized cartoon brand logo of herself posing on the front. She's in full publicity mode, baby! She stalks around the Asylum sometime hoping to bump into Giovanna, narrating her own little podcast to the fans: "That's right, six lucky fans can watch me take the Crown~ All you have to do is join the club and sign up for a chance to win <3! I'll be announcing winners soon!"

Once she's found Giovanna, ideally.. she turns her recording iris on the plucky dame and beams in a staged, obvious way. She steps over to her future friend with practiced stage walk and raises one hand for a little finger wave. "Oooooh! Miss Giovanna! You know, I was looking for a little something to punctuate my latest fan-stream and I thought.." She gestures to her all-white iris to indicate that she's recording before doing an exaggerated arm cross and thinking pose! "I thought I heard that you're looking for spars?" She drops the pose and leans forward a bit, beaming up at the poor girl. "Old-fashioned exhibitions? I know all about that~"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Hey mom and dad,

Know we haven't talked in a while, or even sent e-mails. I'm still doing good! Carl sends his love too. I know you still really don't agree with what I've done for him, but I can only keep assuring you he's happy as he can be, and that I'm working to make sure he gets what he wants out of this.

I guess I'm trying to bury the hatchet. Attached are the codes for complimentary admission to our big fight. I know it might be hard, but it'd mean a lot to me if you came.

With love,
Erzy

"Sorry to stop and do this," says Erzbet, shifting over on the couch to cuddle closer to her companion. "But its easier to write hard things in good company."

Stardust shrugs. "It's not like you can't pause a movie."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

The day after Vivi and Roxie release their promo, Cai Minhua and Gan Lu Zhen fire back with a response. The video opens with Minhua kneeling in meditation in a darkened room, in front of an elaborate shrine. A pale silver light dances in the air on each side of her, casting shadows across her figure. Mist surrounds her, clinging to the floor - but as soon as the video starts, the mist starts to gather more and more. She opens her eyes, her pupils two pinpricks of light shining out from the blackness surrounding them. She turns her head slowly, seeming to notice something, and rises to her feet. She reaches out, seeming to take the hand of someone who isn't there - but when the mist blows past, Ganlu is standing there. Minhua relinquishes her hold and Ganlu makes a dramatic sweeping motion with her arm, banishing the mist from in front of them.

"Once again, the hour is nearly upon us..."
"The Declaration of Violence."
"Once again, the living begin their ritual..."
"They gather up their champions..."
"To quest bravely for the crown..."
"But they don't know what they face."
"The crown rests upon our heads..."
"And we are Deathless."
"There will be no succession."
"There will be no moment of glory."

While they've been talking, ghostly hands have been gradually crawling up from the ground. They now reach up around Minhua and Ganlu, some wrapping themselves around them, some turned, seemingly curious, toward the camera.

"What awaits you beyond death, Furies?"
"One of you already knows."
"One of you has begged to feel our icy touch,"
"For she's wise enough to know your frailty."
"Your mortality."
"So come! Come before us and embrace your deaths."
"Resign yourselves to the kiss of entropy."
"And you shall learn what truly awaits."

Minhua extends her hand toward the camera, prompting many of the ghostly hands to lunge toward it. Before the camera is covered, though, Minhua closes her fist - and the lights go out.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
//

Roxie meets Emma at Alejandro's, a casual lunch place just on the other side of the Schuylkill. Emma greets her enthusiastically when she comes in, but there's a nervousness to her that anyone could notice. "So how was your morning?" Emma asks as Roxie sits down.

In spite of all the time they have shared of late, Roxie cannot help but feel a bit apprehensive at the tone of Emma's text, and it has wriggled its way into the pit of her stomach. When she enters the cafe, she returns the enthusiasm easily, and if Emma geos for a hug or other gesture she will return it. She takes a seat while tucking her bag under her chair, "I've had better ones, but that's to be expected; we're all pushing ourselves so hard. Congrats again; Axel made the right choice in you," she smiles shyly to cover her nervous rambling. Her hand slips to her pocket, where she has stashed her miniature Quetzalcoatl figure. Though it would mean nothing to anyone, just bringing it speaks volumes to her unease.

"Thanks." Emma smiles at the remark, blushing a little. "There's a part of me that still can't believe I made it. Most of the people there were more experienced than me, and it felt like Body Electric wasn't the only one who was much more polished. I know I can do it though. I'm really looking forward to being with this team, they're all my kind of people." After a bit more small talk, you take a few moments to browse the menu. Emma picks out the chicken tostadas for herself and offers to split an appetizer.

Pressing her hand forcefully into the figure, the sharp edges threaten to wound her, but somehow this is a comfort. She withdraws her hand to pick up the menu fully, partially concealing her face, "I can't wait to watch the matches. AM is going to be a force to contend with, now more than ever," Roxie suggests stuffed peppers for an appetizer, and orders a bowl of chicken pozole with corn tortillas on the side.

"Hey, look who's talking, Ms. Main Event." A genuinely bright smile spreads across Emma's face. "If anyone's on the rise right now, it's The Furies. You fought your way to the top how fast?"

"Ha, okay, rápido," the smile that cuts across Roxie's face is big enough to share, and she accepts the praise graciously, "but its because everyone on the team, including Phia, doesn't know the meaning of the word 'quit'. A couple of years ago, when I got this," she waggles the servos in her mechanical arm, "I almost believed I'd never get this far. Like by losing a fifth of my body I had somehow lost a piece of what made me.... me," she's past any doubt she used to feel over the appendage, but its easy to see the ghost of those days as she talks.

"That must have been - I can't even imagine. To me, it's just a part of you, but having to actually go through it - that must have been a lot to deal with." She bites her lip. The waiter picks that moment to bring the stuffed peppers. Emma thanks him and digs in immediately. To what extent she's just that hungry and to what extent she's stalling from the conversation she brought you out to have, you couldn't say. Soon enough, though, the dish is finished and it becomes inevitable. "Okay, so I said I wanted to make myself clear. And this might be - honestly, I don't know why I'm so nervous about it. I'm definitely overthinking things. Look, I-" She pauses, smiling weakly, "I kind of have a habit of jumping into things too quick. And I'm actually - I think you're really charming, and fun, and beautiful. But we've been moving really fast and I don't know if I'm up to doing that right now. I mean, I don't want to stop seeing you! I just, I wanted to be clear that I want to keep things casual. Um," she runs a nervous hand through her hair, "I'm doing a terrible job of this, sorry."

Roxie pecks at the peppers, trying to conjure an appetite from the bottom of her soul, but nothing is the sustenance she is seeking. As soon as Emma brings the conversation to a head, her eyes lock onto the other woman's, icy in a way that is not cold, only brittle. She lets Emma run herself down, breath catching several times, and exhales a soft, "Oh," as if to punctuate. After a second, she continues, her voice regaining none of its normal volume or strength.
"I should have seen that coming; we've both leaped at this rather fast, haven't we?" her smile is at least warm, reflecting on the past few days, "I wasn't - ah - intending to fall into anything permanent when we went out to celebrate beating the Executioners. You were just fun to be with. I mean, you are fun to be with," she emphasizes, "and I don't want to stop whatever this is, I want you to know that," a growing gale returns to her expression, the powerful force of dragon's blood suddenly reasserting itself, "but I can't lie to myself and say I haven't started to feel something for you, Em. And I won't stop offering to cook," a part of her hopes the last will cut the tension.

"Well...good!" A smile returns to her face, though not a full-hearted one just quite yet. "And I'll never say no to your cooking. I just feel like I should get better at it myself, you know, return the favour. I've just been living off lean muscle meals for the past, uh, while." She lets out a short little laugh, looking down for a moment. "Look, I feel things for you too. That's why I wanted to say this. Why I wanted to be honest. I didn't want to lead you on and have things get weird."

"I like cooking for more than just myself.... you don't actually think I eat like this every day, do you?" she laughs with what might actually be joy, "But if you want to learn, I'll keep your hands busy," and then suddenly she blushes at the layered meaning, embarrassed by the forwardness she hadn't meant to include. After a second to see where her reply lands, she extends her hand over the top of the table, laying it palm up, "Lets take it slow, then? ¿Mira qué pasa?" Roxie's smile is soft, but promises a brighter day.

"That suits me. You know I like doing things with my hands." Emma grins. When you extend your hand, she takes it without hesitation. Her grasp is warm, tender but strong. "It's a deal." She looks into your eyes, and you see that genuine, radiant smile brighten her face again.

--------
--------

//

“I accept.” Giovanna punctuates the statement with a glam hair toss, clearly aware she’s being recorded. “We looked good across from each other in our last match, but all the chaos hardly did us justice.”

Vivi's pleased that she's playing up for the camera! "Ohhh! Miss Giovanna "The Scalpel" Franzesi..." Her internal processor is already adding the pop-up text to the stream itself. Vivi beams again. "Ahh, how do you want to spar? It's a bit much to kill each other right now, right?!"
She muses to her fans, using a finger-mounted camera to selfie-camera herself. "I really like it, baring my blades, but I have a big match coming up! Gio~, you've got finger blades too? That's why I like you!" She drops her hand and the self-narration, back to eye-cam.

“We could hold back,” she muses, “but why not put on a show? I know the fans would adore it - you look so good in red.” An amused smirk forms on her face. “To the death, but a clean kill - no carnage. That way we’ll be all healed up for the grand stage.”

Her grin just growing and growing, Vivi claps her palms to her face and blushes off to the side. "I can't just show off too much! You've got to keep it special~" She turns back and nods. "I'm up for it... but only my recording! It'll be a member's only promo for my club..." She winks. "And yours if you want."

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

----

Whenever the two of you end up booking the arena, Giovanna meets you in the doubling room. It’s not common to share the same room as your opponent, but there’s five seats and only two of you - you may as well. She sits down on the edge of one of the machines , legs crossed, and waves you over to join her for selfies.

Now this is a good way to spend a day! Vivi indulges as many poses as Giovanna wants! She turns her camera off until the need to record the match comes. Can't have boys peeking on these private chambers.. or conversations! "Mmm, this is fun! Is this how you hype up your fans? With the spar challenge?"

“You could say that. A girl’s gotta establish herself, y’know?”

"You know it!" Three fingers extended idol pose and wink for selfie! "Eheh.. but when we fought in the arena, didn't you say something like "thanks for the lesson"?"

Giovanna looks at you for a long moment. She almost looks suspicious of you, but not quite - perhaps she’s measuring you up? “I guess I did,” she ultimately says. “There’s only so much my team can teach me about hand-to-hand fighting. I’m just making my own opportunities to improve now.”

"You really made me work for it!" She taps her index finger to her lips for a bit in thought. "... Your team, huh? I guess they've kinda been at the Asylum a while.. there are home teams, sure.. but you're not the champs." She finishes up the selfies and takes the seat next to Giovanna.
"Maybe they're holding you back?"

"Oh, I wouldn't say that." She smirks conspiratorially. "Out loud. We used to be the champs, but I'm not a 'used to be' kind of girl."

"Really?!"

"Sure. It used to be us and the Steel Jackets on the top of the heap before you all moved in. Now, I'm all for a little competition, but different people react different ways to not being queen of the roost anymore."

"I guess the Deathless aren't just flash in the pan lucky, huh.. but I knew there was more to you!" Vivi grins. "You're clearly La Familia's star~"

“Oh, you noticed?” Giovanna takes a theatrically coy pose. “You seem to think very highly of me. You wouldn’t be buttering me up, would you?” She teases.

"Of course!" She flickers one of her finger-knives out and then back in. "We have good taste in common! Divas should work together!"
She laughs a little. "I can see how you are frustrated. You say people react different ways.. I kinda feel like knowing that you guys were champs once, maybe your older teammates are feeling down?" She snickers. "They are handsome men.. but you should be making your next rise."

“Perhaps we should.” Giovanna gets a glint in her eye. “There’s just one thing I’m curious about. There’s obviously some kind of backroom feud going on between our teams, with all the posturing and the icy glares whenever we run into each other. What’s your take?”

Vivi laughs anew and waves a hand playfully. It seems that of all the Furies maybe she cares the least about the feud. "Ahh, don't you know?"
"It's three things."
"McKnight stiffed us on pay like the usual sleaze, there were a lot of suspicious coincidences before it happened, and then Caelynn's car was messed with. Everybody thinks your team did actual mobster poo poo over the pay dispute!"
She sighs and her eyes hollow out and dim for a second. "They're all rising for the first time and maybe they haven't seen their first jackass in management. This place is kind of a dive so I expected the contract screw-a-round." She giggles and lights up again. "Well... everyone was so mad we went right into our big promo. Now the feud is set in stone, yeah?"

“That’s just our gimmick, though.” She looks incredulous. “We don’t actually go and put out hits on people. I mean, sorry to hear about the pay, and what happened to Caelynn is messed up, but that’s gotta be just a coincidence. Or, I don’t know, maybe someone’s trying to muddy the waters.”

"It would be a textbook con.. sneak in, set a trap, use a scapegoat." She shrugs. "Besides, I don't see the gain from your end!" She grins. "So you must be innocent, hmm?"

“Right. I just can’t see it.” Giovanna breaks eye contact, staring off into space with a pensive look.

"Shall we?" Vivi gestures to the chairs, ready to port over for the spar!

“You know it!” Her lips flick into a smirk. She hops up and heads around to sink down into the machine properly. “I hope you’re ready.”

"Always <3" With the hearts Vivi sets up her internal camera for recording the spar. For the fans! ... The ones that know enough to follow these two dames!

--------
--------

//

"and you asked me?" Phia's reply comes, almost instantaneously.
"wait, didnt mean that to sound bitchy. actually kinda flattered you'd think of me that way"

"Well I'm not going to ask Vivi. :| And the others seem like they have other people they'd rather hang out with right now, if you know what I mean."

"ha, good point"
"the 17th is gonna be weird"
"anyway yeah! i'm down"

"cool. I'll send you the details a little later." Kate smiles, and lets Minhua know to expect one more.

Wol fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 3, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
//

Philadelphia - May 7, 2259

After helping Jotun Arrow and Lioness Rampage move everything into their hotel rooms and tossing on a jacket, Fenrir hops a bus straight to Vivi's place. From Santiago to La Paz, La Paz to Dallas, Dallas to Philadelphia, he's spent the whole day flying. Sitting on the bus by himself, he irritably thumbs the pack of cigarettes in his pocket. Hasn't had one all day. Can't smoke in an airport after all, much less a plane. There's tradeoffs for everything, though. The trip across South America has been elucidating. Back in Berlin, his team had tried to be bad guys, but everyone starts getting cheers after the crowd gets used to them. A mixed reaction can be good if the crowd is nuclear for you, but if you were only kind of over in the first place, it's death for a gimmick. Travelling from town to town, though, he and Jotun didn't have that problem. They got to be a couple of mercenary bastards, coming in from far away to kick the poo poo out of the local favourites. Fenrir grins. Getting booed out of arenas all across South America, killing some of the continent's fiercest Killers - that hits the spot. He doesn't have a plan for the future yet - so far it's just come up to Philadelphia and see what happens - but if they can keep doing circuits instead of settling in one place, that'll suit him just fine. He's optimistic about Lioness's addition to the team, too. She's mean, hits hard, and doesn't seem to mind the mercenary lifestyle. She's also louder than either him or Jotun, which'll be great for getting heat with the fans.

By the time he steps off the bus, he's in a better mood. He still lights a cigarette immediately, blowing smoke into the air as he walks the couple blocks to Vivi's place. Vivi. He's been with a couple other women since, but he can't stop thinking about her. On the surface, it seems strange. Jotun needled him about it all the way from Philadelphia to Caracas; his type tends to be tall, muscular, blue-collar women, and tiny, feminine Vivi's anything but. It makes sense to him, though. She has a mean streak, likes violence, works with her hands, hot, great in bed - why wouldn't he like her?

Soon enough, Fenrir arrives at Vivi's place. He wears a slim padded black jacket, a tight royal blue v-neck, and black leather pants tucked into a battered pair of boots. Everything's slightly worn - no matter how nice his clothes are, he doesn't live any less hard. He shoots off a quick text to let her know he's coming up and puts his cigarette out. This is a night he's been looking forward to for a while now. He makes his way up. When he reaches Vivi's apartment, he barely even starts to knock when she swings the door open.

"Hey." He smirks. "Do you have to be able to walk tomorrow?"

--------
--------

May 7, 2259, 18:00 - The Witches' Movie Night

Wol fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 3, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Philadelphia - May 11, 2259

The day of the Declaration is almost upon you. One day before the big event, everyone's training hard, and taking their upcoming matches super seriously. For you, it's a chance to win your first championship. For the Deathless, it's a chance to cement their reign as truly unbeatable. For the Flawless Executioners, it's a chance to reassert themselves among the arena's upper echelon. For the Steel Jackets and La Familia, it's a chance at redemption - a chance to prove they can still hang. For American Made and the Chimerae of Drs. Cagliostro, it's a chance to show the fans exciting new reasons to keep tuning in to Asylum events. For the Hounds of Destruction, it's simply about building their reputation. And for the trainees, even though they're only on the pre-show, this is going to be the first time most of them have fought in front of a sizeable audience. It's about making a first impression, making an impact, starting to build up their fanbases.

Unsurprisingly, the training facilities are packed. You have an open invitation to work out at Axel's gym, and you may want to take it. It'll still be possible to work out at the Asylum, but cramped. As for arena training time, Phia thankfully scheduled it well ahead. You can expect that timeslot to be strict, though, as it's been tightly booked for the whole day. Whatever time you spend at the Asylum, it's in pretty close quarters. You end up mingling with the new arrivals whether you want to or not. The Drs. Cagliostro come across as sweet and charming despite their ghoulish appearance, though they don't spend too much time chatting - they're working just as hard as anyone. As for the Hounds, you already know Fenrir Spear and Jotun Arrow. Lioness Rampage openly hits on Roxie and Siroko as she introduces herself, and otherwise comes across as pretty cocksure. Fenrir did end up taking one of Vivi's recommendations, Ben "Hothead" Morris, who's pretty eager to meet all the Furies and would clearly want to spend more time chatting if everyone wasn't so busy. The last slot on the team, however, went to someone Joel McKnight recommended personally. Fenrir told Vivi the news when he first came up, though it's up to her if she's informed the rest of you. The final member of the Hounds of Destruction, someone McKnight wanted on the team in order to jack up the dramatic stakes against American Made, is none other than Mauler Maxima.

Despite all the busyness, the day goes well. Some of you are used to such an environment, and for those who aren't, Phia's on top of things. She keeps the day tightly scheduled so as to prevent anyone from getting overwhelmed. Despite it all, you still manage to find a bit of time to take a breather here and there. At some point, in the midst of everything, Emma-80 finds Roxie and pulls her into an empty room to make out. There's lunch, too - to which Stardust and Cinnabar invite Erzbet and Siroko for a double date.

Wol fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 3, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

PDF

After The Promo

Sharing some cardio time with Roxie, Vivi shares the video and laughs with maximum condescension. "They didn't even try to look as hot as us!" It was almost a shame though... she really wanted to see the Bone King go bananas.

---

Philadelphia - May 7, 2259

Vivi's place is still.. spartan. A clean bed that isn't used night to night, her custom desk without an apparent computer. And one corner and closet dedicated to a costume departments worth of clothing, make up and accessories. In anticipation of tonight she has taped black bagging over the window to get some relief from the neon lights across the street.

In further anticipation of the night she answers the door in her promo outfit with full jewelry and leather straps on! She has her hair down and her irisies set to a matching deep violet. She brandishes the prop whip and handcuffs. "Do you? <3" The little bot bites her lip in a big smile and relishes thousands of rapid line queries reaching the conclusion that He came back!

---

Philadelphia - May 11, 2259

Vivi is open for chatting with Benny as a fan of his, and as pros in the same career once introduced. She takes her training seriously but might as well be one of the Hounds with all the time she'll spend watching them and pawing at Fenrir, vying for his attention.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 3, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Philadelphia - May ??, 2259 - After the Promo w/ Vivi

"Look on the bright side," Roxie says between short rests in her HIIT Tabata routine, "we know they'll never match our style," lunges and squats, "and they don't even trust TBK," burpees and banded jumping jacks, "to answer his own callout," she continues alternating exercises in very rapid sets with little bursts of rest. When she finally hits her five minute cooldown, she sits down next to Vivi's machine for some easy stretches, "When we win, we'll get out of here at find some teams who can live up to the Vivisection drama requirements," she notices the robotic woman does not appear to be exerting herself even slightly and stands to push the intensity on the routine up by a few notches.

Philadelphia - May 11, 2259 - Before the Match

In the time leading up to the match, Roxie spends as much time with Emma as the other woman allows, with her preference being for 'a lot', but she is not incapable of finding things to entertain herself, including keeping her cooking skills sharp. She makes a few daytime snacks for her teammates and Phia during meetings (with plenty to spare for limited guests), and takes several trays with jalapeno chicken wraps to Axel's gym for him to share as he sees fit. With all the new bodies in the Asylum, she exercises his open invitation and uses the busy, but less jam packed, facilities as much as practical, as well as an old standby from her less wealthy days - taking to the open city for cardio and body weight exercises over the intervening days, regardless of weather.

[See Doomy's next post!]

Happy for the company, and even happier that Vivi is finally trying to master her own fitness, Roxie is all too pleased to incorporate the little robot into her routines! A leisurely 20 km jog starts the morning, where she shyly shares her own recent amorous activities, mostly in appropriate for all audiences language, "So even though we've been taking it slower, we're still finding ways to see each other. And teaching her how to cook has given me a lot of time to appreciate her dextrous hands."

Vivi's... vivid... discussions of Fenrir's prowess bring a slight blush to her cheeks, unwilling or unable to shrug off the mountain of social conditioning her heritage foists on her, but she covers by stopping behind a manufacturing park to catch her breath, picking up an empty wooden pallet to accomplish some improvised weight lifting.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 5, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

PDF

Vivi is sure to repay Roxie's great coaching by joining her for a few of those city runs! After all, somebody on the Furies has to hear boy talk when Fenrir needs his space!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Philadelphia - May 11, 2259 -

The day before the big event, Kate stays home (after some agreement with the rest of the team). There's no real physical training that will benefit her this close to the fight anyway, while she can work on her magical strength. So she attempts some meditation, to focus her thoughts... but the first few attempts are shot by her nervous anticipation. She's actually headlining a major, CCC-sanctioned event. She loving made it! All the struggle and false starts have finally paid off. Thanks to the Furies. Thanks to Phia. Even if she loses this match, she finally has her dream. She's a real Killer, now. With a great team. With fans. Even McKnight and his goons couldn't take that away from her now. And it had led to a greater knowledge and control over her magic.

After some more attempts to calm her excited nerves, she finally gets a chance to get enough focus. Since her lessons with Minhua, she had been more keenly aware of the power within her; like the embers within a hearth, a warmth continually smoldering, growing hotter and more powerful as she invokes it. She carefully strengthens that glow, letting it externalize into the bright light she manifests in the arena; but there's a deep red tinge to it now, instead of bright white. A reflection of her growth as the Rose Knight. Lin was totally gonna freak out when she saw her new powers. That was the hope, anyway.

The glow subsides as she relaxes, and she opens her eyes to the same shadow-twin she saw in her earlier communion with her source; but more distinct, this time, more concrete, featuring details of her it didn't have before. And unlike before, it seemed less hostile, more...subservient, somehow. "Awesome," she whispers, and the twin whispers back - before disappearing once more.

The fight with the Deathless was going to be the toughest of her career, most likely...but she was ready.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Philadelphia - May 4-12, 2259

//

A couple days after the American Made roster is confirmed, Body Electric meets up with Erzbet, saying she wants to thank her. For Erzbet's help getting her a new job, Body Electric gifts her a high-tech nanofiber brace. Body Electric admits that she doesn't really know anything about goth style, so she wanted to get something effective yet unobtrusive. While she doesn't come out and say it, the fact that it's designed to offer superior protection but takes a while to recover its protective abilities also suits Erzbet's far-backline fighting style quite well.

pre:
Centering Cincture - lvl 8
Waist
Power (Daily): Immediate Interrupt.
Trigger: You are hit by an attack.
Effect: Gain a +4 power bonus to Fort until the end of your next turn.

--------
--------

//

"Close your eyes - I have a surprise for you." When Siroko does, nothing happens for a moment, then she feels Cinnabar's lips on hers. When the two part from the kiss, Cinnabar teases, "You don't get to open your eyes yet. That wasn't the surprise - I just felt like doing that." Another long moment passes. Then, Siroko feels a pair of glasses being slid onto her face. Sunglasses, as she learns when she opens her eyes - and very nice ones, very much her style. Cinnabar goes on to explain what they do, saying they seem like just the thing for a storm goddess.

pre:
Crown of Winter - lvl 8
Head
Property: Gain resist 5 cold.
Power (Encounter + Cold, Psychic): Immediate Reaction.
Trigger: An enemy damages you.
Effect: The triggering enemy takes 5 cold and psychic damage,
and is immobilized until the end of its next turn.

--------
--------

//

After the American Made series, The Furies acquired a new sponsor in athletic tech company S&R Ltd. Drawn by the Furies' fast-paced, hard-hitting style, it came as no surprise that they picked Roxie as the first recipient of their more high-end, specialized equipment. Phia asked her to come up with a footwear design that'd fit with her costume for S&R to fit the tech into. A couple days before the Deathless match, Phia excitedly presents Roxie with the completed product.

pre:
Quickling Boots - lvl 8
Feet
Property: Gain a +2 item bonus to Acrobatics and Athletics checks.
Power (Encounter): Move Action.
Effect: Move up to your speed +1. Gain a +2 item bonus to AC
against OAs during this movement.

--------
--------

//

When Aubrey meets Kate on the morning of the Deathless match, she hands her a present, grinning. Kate unwraps it to find a piece of tech Aubrey built with a couple of her school friends. While it doesn't really do anything in the real world, in the arena, it interacts with arena body-doubling tech to make Kate tougher and more easily able to shrug off physical afflictions. She's pretty excited about the idea of making things to help her favourite cousin!

pre:
Belt of Vim - lvl 8
Waist
Property: Gain +1 to Fortitude.

--------
--------

//

During the week, zzrxn comes through with their promise to equip Vivi. They don't know exactly how the Deathless are planning to mess with her, so they decided to make something generally applicable just to be on the safe side.

pre:
Touch of Scarlet - lvl 7 (custom)
Ki Focus
Enh: +2
Crit: +2d8 poison damage
Property: +2 item bonus to saving throws against poison.
Power (Daily + Poison): Free Action. 
Trigger: You hit an enemy with a melee attack using this ki focus.
Effect: The enemy also takes [Cha mod] ongoing poison damage. Every time
they take that damage, you gain an equal amount of THP.

pre:
Agony Spike (Beta) - lvl 8 (custom)
Consumable
Power (Consumable): Free Action. 
Trigger: While bloodied, you start your turn without regenerating.
Effect: Until the end of your turn, gain +2 to speed and you can shift 3 squares
as a move action. When you hit with an attack this turn, you may take irreducible
damage equal to the regeneration value of your Enduring Soul class feature to 
deal extra damage equal to twice that value.

Wol fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 8, 2018

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

A lunch date, let alone one with Siroko at the table, would not normally be Erzbet's idea of a good time, but she's about to face the fight of her career, so it'll be good practice.

And it's still easier than facing her parents raw.

Eating a very acceptable soup (good fuel without being too heavy), Erzbet gestures with the spoon at Cinnabar. "I don't understand how some people do it. I spend days- days! thinking things through and someone like you just blows right into it on 0 prep time. I can't even talk to my cat without worrying I've said something silly! I'm worrying I sound like a moron right now!"

Stardust laughs. "You do, but it's not a bad sort of moron."

Erzbet scowls.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Siroko ordered herself a bánh mì cheesesteak, apparently entirely because the combination of words amused her. Fortunately it looks pretty good. "That's why you can't," she tells Erzbet. "Worrying about sounding silly. Siroko never worries about sounding like a moron."

Cinnabar turns her head and smirks at Siroko, who stares back deadpan until Cinnabar starts laughing. Siroko looks back at Erzbet, raises an eyebrow, then takes another bite of her sandwich.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Philadelphia - May 12, 2259

DECLARATION DAY

Finally.

Today is the day you've been training for. It's the big one. Your championship match. The grandest stage the Asylum has to offer.

Most of you wake up next to your partners. Roxie is momentarily surprised to find Emma missing when she wakes up, but the scent of breakfast wafting from the kitchen answers any question she might have had. When she makes her way out of bed, she finds Emma just finishing up a tantalizing huevos rancheros meal with refried beans and avocado.
"Mornin'." Emma grins over her shoulder as Roxie enters. "Sleep well?"

----

There's no training this morning, so Phia opts to schedule the morning meeting at 11. It ends up being pretty casual. The only bit of actual news Phia has to cover is that earlier this morning, she, Qieduan and Minhua secured a last-minute arena change for your match - something they'd been planning since head arena tech Frank Linden's implication in whatever conspiracy McKnight has going on. Otherwise, the meeting is mostly just an excuse to hang out together. The Deathless come by to exchange selfies shortly after you arrive. Even Qieduan and Jun get in on the action, sticking close together so both can benefit from the former's translation app. Jun prefers to talk sparingly even so, but Qieduan really gets into it. She seeks out Erzbet, taking some pictures together as a callback to the Furies / Flawless promo they were both involved in. The person she's most interested in, though, is Vivi.
"I wanted to meet you earlier," she tells Vivi through her app, squeezing in close to take a picture, "but life has been busy. It's too bad." Between pictures, she tucks her phone under her arm for a second. Then, with her right thumbnail, she gashes the palm of her left hand. She balls her hand into a fist until her fingers are covered in blood, then throws up a peace sign, blood trickling down her arm. Flashing her trademark arrogant smirk, she snaps a couple more pictures. "Survivors should stay close."
Soon enough, the Deathless are on their way back out. As they leave, Minhua turns back to Caelynn for a parting shot. Smirking, she affects the White Witch's sibilant enunciation.
"The ranks of the dead await you."

----

Not too long after the Deathless leave, Phia gets a text. "My sister's here!" She lights right up. Fans aren't supposed to be able to enter for a few hours yet - doors are at 3 - but rules are lax for friends and loved ones. Phia continues, "I'll be right back. She really wants to meet you all."
As promised, Phia is back in a flash. The young woman standing beside her, beaming at you, is unmistakably her sister - but in terms of fashion sense, they couldn't be more different. Phia's wearing bold, aggressive makeup with her hair pulled back into double buns, a studded black leather vest with the Furies logo boldly emblazoned across the back, slashed black skinny jeans, black leather boots, a loose long white tank top, black bra and steel chain necklace with an anatomical heart pendant. Her sister has opted for more elegant, understated hair and makeup, and wears a plum-coloured shift dress with embroidered flower detail in pale green, pink and white, cute tan high-heeled ankle boots and matching purse, and subtle rose gold angel wing earrings.
"Hey - this is my little sister, Zara." Zara gives a little wave. Phia steps back, grinning, allowing you to introduce yourselves.
"I almost can't believe I'm meeting you. Even if you weren't my sister's team, I'd be a huge fan - you're all so glamorous, and just really cool." She ends up asking Erzbet what kind of background she has in design ("That dress you made for Roxie blew me away!"), chatting fashion with Vivi and telling her how cool it is that she can make her eyes go all hologram, telling Siroko "The one question my friends always ask me is 'is Siroko real?' They - we all absolutely love you, your posts are amazing!'", asking Roxie if she plans to keep doing much in the way of stunt videos now that the Furies are getting big, and talking with Caelynn about her armour - asking who made it, what it's made of, commenting on beautiful it is and how elegant she looks in it.

Eventually, Phia mentions that it's about time for lunch. Zara seems to realize how much - and how quickly - she's been talking, blushes slightly and politely bows out of the conversation.
"Oh, wait a sec, actually - I should probably give you this before you have to start prepping for the match and there's no time. I, um, brought you something, Phia." She takes a thin black box from her purse and hands it over, smiling. "A good luck gift for the title match."
"You didn't have to get me anything, Zara." Phia looks at the box inquisitively, turning it over in her hands before opening it. When she does, she gasps. "How - what? I thought Dad cut these up. Where - how did you get these?"
"Remember when you commissioned them, you were so excited you sent me the blueprints?"
"Yeah?" Phia asks, her voice tremulous. "Wait - you kept those?"
"Yeah."
"Zara." Phia starts tearing up. She launches herself at her sister, enveloping her in a big hug. "You really didn't have to."
"Yeah, well-" Whatever words were meant to come after are lost as Zara starts crying too.
"Thank you so much. They're perfect. I-" Phia relinquishes the hug, turning to the rest of you. "Meet my sister, she's basically perfect."
"Hey, don't think I missed that 'basically'!" Zara attempts mock outrage through the tears.
"Hey, I gotta look out for my little sis. Your head gets too big, you'll float away." Phia grins. "So," she tries to continue, wiping a tear away from her cheek, "this is what Zara got me." She lifts her gift out of the box. It's a pair of slim leather gloves, etched with circuitry. On the back of each glove is half of a heart - forming a whole when held together. "I really wanted to be a Killer when I was a kid. I got a job at the Expodome as soon as I could, just helping out, doing whatever, training in my spare time, until I could become a Trainee at 18." She puts the gloves on as she speaks, flexing her fingers. "Jo - you met Jo," She nods at Siroko, "Jo got me an in with some gear designers so I could have a power to start using when I became a Trainee. I had them design these gloves - and a special guitar. When I play the guitar with these gloves on," she pauses for effect, "it really fucks poo poo up." She looks over at Zara, a big smile on her face, and starts welling up again. She turns back to you. "Don't worry about me trying to get back in the arena or anything - I'd be nowhere near on your level, and I'd never leave you. What we've got going is too good. And, besides," she turns to Zara again, taking a deep breath, "I am gonna keep my promise. But thank you, so much. This is the best thing anyone could have gotten me. Good luck? gently caress, we're going to win."

----

After lunch, there's still a couple hours before doors. You get to bring your guests in a bit earlier than everyone else, though there's still only a little time to visit before they should probably get seated and you should probably get warmed up and into costume. Aubrey and Kate's parents make the commute together, showing up as soon as they can with Aubrey still squeezing in her morning classes - so not too long before general doors. As none of them have been particularly recently (or ever in Kate's mom's case), Aubrey gets Kate to come meet them at the front.

"Kate! How're you doing? Are you excited? I almost can't believe this is happening."
"drat, this place looks different from last time I was here." Kate's dad takes in his surroundings with a lopsided grin. "No beer stains, for one thing."
Kate's mom shoots him a look. "Well, I'm definitely glad for that. I'm a little nervous," she says with a bit of a laugh, "but I'm excited for you, Kate. I know how much this means to you."
"drat right we're excited." Despite his bravado, it's clear he's a little nervous too. "We brought signs."
"You brought signs, dear." She looks at once amused and embarrassed.
"Hey, I did, too. People have to know the Rose Knight's the one to watch."

----

Whenever Erzbet's parents show up, Chère Stardust has offered to be there for moral support if she wants.

Wol fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Dec 10, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Philadelphia - May 12, 2259 - DECLARATION DAY

Before any of the guests or the Deathless arrive, Kate fidgets nervously for a little while. It's hard not to be nervous. But all the same, she wasn't going to let that get the better of her. If anything, it kept her alert, pumped up - in the right mindset for the most important fight of her life. During the exchange with the Deathless, she only offers a few polite words here and there, but her face settles into a defiant scowl when Minhua taunts her. "They'll have to be patient, then. I'm not going anywhere."

In between that and Zara's arrival, Kate turns to the rest of the Furies. "So, uh, I guess my parents are getting here soon. Which means you'll get to meet them. They're not really... the kind of people we usually meet. Not used to the extravagancies of Killers. So I would prefer it if you could all be on your best behaviour." She shoots a none-too-subtle glare at Vivi with those last words. "I love you all, you know I do, but I love my parents more. So make a good impression."

Zara's excitement brings out a gentler side in Kate - she happily explains that her armor was a custom job from Forgehound, a local metalwork shop, where she also followed some lessons under the owner, Logan Davis, so she knows how to repair and maintain it on her own. She watches the exchange between the sisters with a soft smile, but lets them go on without interruption.

When her parents and Aubrey finally arrive, Kate runs over to the entrance (half in armor, as she was getting ready to put things on), hugging them all in turn. "Thanks for coming, you guys. I really appreciate it," she says, pointedly ignoring the mention of signs, "and yeah, you dork, of course I'm excited! Thanks for the gadget, by the way, it's definitely going to come in handy." She gently bops Aubrey in the arm. "I guess we don't have too long, but you should come meet the team." Preceding them through the halls, Kate leads her family over to the Furies' room, where she peeks in to make sure people are at least somewhat decent. "Hey, everybody." Getting her parents and Aubrey in the room, she gestures at them for the Furies to make their introductions. "These are my parents. And my cousin Aubrey. She's a biomed grad student, with a specialization in arena bodydoubling tech. I don't think anybody else here neds any introduction, Lord knows I've spent enough time talking about the team." She goes about putting the rest of her armor on while everybody meets her family.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 23, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

PDF

Zz's Gift, Overnight

One tricky bit to spending time with Fenrir is that he sleeps a full night afterwards.. Vivi usually does her daily recharge and fakes being asleep while cuddling and mentally browsing the net. It's during one such session she receives Zz's gifts! Silent in the real world, she gushes her thanks through text:

quote:

: It's perfect! Thank you so much! Please watch me at the Declaration, Zz. Not everyone is going to have the backing of a cutey like you!

Taking care of further business, Vivi makes sure that six lucky Vivisectors get tickets to the declaration. Chosen randomly from those who gush sufficiently before drawing, of course!

After some consideration, she makes sure that two of the "random" picks are for the young lady who asked her to perform a Glamour Shot. One's for her mother, of course!

---

Morning of Declaration

Once the day has actually arrived, Vivi waits for her partner to stir before pretending that she is waking up as well. When he's ready, Vivi prompts Fenrir to help her get ready!

"Good morning~! Untie me? <3"

Once dressed in her Deathless promo gear Vivi reluctantly lets him go. The Hounds are counting on him! "We'll be a pair of champions by the end of the night, Fenny!" The presence and support of others makes this time feel a little different. It's enough to cover her pessimism with a syrupy sweet good mood.

---

Deathless Selfies

Woooaaahh!! Vivi hasn't been this starstruck since Chere dipped her! Forgetting her overwhelming declaration, Vivi poses with Qieduan and matches her bloody V with a bladed one, provacatively licking the side of her own finger-blade. Once the picture is taken she tries to exchange follow info with the bloody witch! Her own is @Vivivivi.

When the Deathless depart Vivi forgets what she was looking for and whirls around to the other Furies. "Oohhhh!! What a bad bitch! I've got to know her!"

---

Meeting Zara

Such a good and appreciative fan! Vivi is definitely giving this girl a selfie and an autograph, eyes fully projecting! "Check these out!" In addition to her trademark pink hearts there are blue waves of tears, angry red crosses and venomous green skulls!

After the heart warming gift exchange and sometime during all this pre-match Vivi finds a chance to talk to Phia for a quick one on one. "Uhm.. Phia, I just wanted to say.. thanks for taking a chance on me!" To go any further would be overwhelming and ruin her mood, especially before the outcome of the match has been determined. She offers her manager a little hug to finish the sentiment.

---

Kate's Parents

When Kate's parents and Aubrey come by and in light of her warning, Vivi is prepared. Now sure, being threatened by Kate is like a kitten imitating a mother's prowl. But somehow.. she got the feeling their delicate flower would use her sword angrily if lines were crossed. Beware the quiet ones, after all!

So it is that Vivi saunters over with the others for a polite greeting, her internal processor finishing a sweep of Kate's associated digital footprint. The petite beauty dressed like a queen of darkness with her chest propped up and her legs in long leather boots gives a little wave to the parents and smiles. "Hiii, it's nice to meet you!" She's elected to leave her prop whip aside for now. Speaking excitedly and keeping her iris on a pleasant pink, she continues. "We're going to put on quite a show tonight! I hope my outfit isn't too much.. I thought matching the Bone King's bravado with a classic design of danger and beauty would be appropriate.. a beautiful enchantress confronting the necromancer king!" She winks with just a little pink heart shooting off to the side like a spark. "A bit like the romantic legends of Morgan le Fey."

Mrs Rose Knight having a mention on a local University's faculty page as a history professor, of course. Nailed it!

---

Declaration Day

Vivi has two things on her mind before the match starts. She needs to find that contingent of her local fan club that's large enough for a photo op where she orders them to worship her and she hams it up in her Underworld Empress outfit with a cackle... and she wants to see the Bone King! She has to know if her gimmick and the promo got to him!!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 10, 2018

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet has waved Stardust off for this one. Some things are between family, not girlfriends, especially ones of less than a month.

She has, however, stationed her just outside for collapsing into afterward. She's not stupid.

She fidgets, back and forth, on the balls of her feet, unsure if she's more afraid of them showing or not showing. After 15 minutes, the waveform collapses into them showing up.

She opens her mouth to speak, but her father cuts her off. He's dressed, as usual, in a t-shirt and jeans, on his off day, and while he's greying he still looks as fit as he was 20 years ago. He's been exercising more, lately, that she knows; it's important to keep busy.

"We still don't approve of what you've done, and we're not staying to watch. It's-"

Her mother, looking slightly bowed, full of complex emotion, her brown hair dyed now, finishes the sentence. "It's still too hard to see him."

"We still love you," says her father, "but we're not ready to face this. Not this... show."

"Thank you for inviting us," says her mother, a trite formality to avoid deeper conversation.

Erzbet ends it before it gets worse.

She cries a bit, with Stardust.

And she leaves determined to win.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Philadelphia - May 12, 2259 - Declaration Day

Roxie rolls out of bed, still mostly asleep, with a mind to find out exactly who is using her kitchen. Tossing on a t-shirt for modesty, and mussing her hair into a semblance of order, she opens her bedroom door to find Emma busy at work on breakfast, "Mmm, pero sigo soñando," she mumbles in answer. Moving behind the other woman, Roxie twines her arms around her guest's midsection, laying a few warm kisses down Emma's jawline and shoulders, "how'd you get so sweet?"

After a charged moment, Roxie pulls up seats for them to dig in to the meal before it gets cold. Sometime during the meal, she bumps shoulders with the smaller woman to get her attention, "Good luck today, Em. I'll be cheering for you," she smiles around her fork.

---

Coffee in hand, Roxie arrives a little before 11:00 in her street clothing; black leather leggings, white and blue low tops, a slim cut icy blue button up tied to leave her midriff exposed, a flat billed cap with "La Scena" in bold letters, and her leather jacket with the Furies logo taking up most of the back, embroidered with two R's on the front pocket. She helps others get 'gram worthy shots, and participates in several, composing some to go live immediately and others to delay until the match draws closer to build hype.

When Phia brings her sister back, Roxie greets her as family. Zara's question gets a thoughtful look from her, "¡A huevo! Just because we're champions doesn't make me a vieja, yet." She lets the sisters have their moment, using the opportunity to work on her second coffee.

---

Most of the work for her costume was bodypaint related, so Roxie tackles that first. The clothing parts were fairly straightforward, but the bone apparatuses took a little finagling to get into position without poking her. When Kate peeks in and announces her family, she makes sure everything is going to stay put and stands up from her work, fully covered in Catrina makeup and looking like a death priestess in her shrouds.

"Good to meet the parents of our Rosita," she extends her mechanical arm to them with a big smile, seemingly unaware of how her skeletal costuming might look, "and Aubrey, nice to meet you as well. Oh!" looking suddenly chagrined, Roxie rushes over to her locker, and fetches a few items before returning with them; carried under her arm is a six pack of Mexican import cerveza and a few wrapped chocolates, "Kate said you liked beer, so I thought you might want to try something from my neck of the woods. And Mrs. Miller," she proffers the beer and stacked chocolates, "I figure if you taught Kate to cook, then you'd find a use for some Mexican chocolate. Or you could just eat them as snacks today. I can always get you more."

---

Roxie gives wide berth to Erzbet and her parents, having picked up a bit of the wind from that one.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Philadelphia - May 10, 2259

Siroko had taken Emma-80, Cold Iron, Mercury, and Billy Fresno out for dinner a couple nights before, to celebrate Emma making a team, console everyone else who didn't. Billy had even been on his best behavior - he was a wild man but he was also a good friend, so Siroko hadn't expected him to make a mess of Emma's night. Billy had ducked out towards the end, apparently to continue partying, and Emma had left then as well. Both to go see Roxie, and because she was a bit worried about making good for her first match.

Siroko didn't plan to make it an all nighter herself, but stayed to talk to Mercery and Cold Iron. "You know what I've got coming up. What about the two of you?"

Mercury finished his drink and waved down the waiter for another. "I've been talking to some friends of mine about starting our own team. I really appreciated the shot at these tryouts, but it made me realize how much work I need to do. I could catch up with an established team but they'd be carrying me for a while. I'd like to grow alongside a crew of my own. Start in one of the lower leagues and work our way up."

"Other body builders?" Cold Iron asked, then nodded to herself when Mercury confirmed it. "Definitely have stage presence to spare. Lot of teams never figure that out. Gets you more bookings. More bookings, more chances to get experience."

"I think it's going to happen, just not sure how fast," Mercury says. "So I might do some scratch teams or fill-ins until then. How about you?"

"Axel put me in touch with a team in Boston. Looking for a new anchor. Cold themed. Seem like an all right bunch. Got a call from the First Responders in Detroit too. Seems like a good fit. Not sure I want to be in the Motor City Maniacs territory. Have to think it over."

Mercury whistles. "Two teams knocking down your door - and I bet you're leaving some out. Aren't you just Miss Popular."

Cold Iron shakes her head, then points at Siroko with her beer bottle. "That's her."

-------

Siroko opens her day with her usual warmup run, and ends up back at Cinnabar's place by the time she's waking up. Siroko hands over an espresso picked up along the way.

"Normally I'd ask if you were ready, but I already know the answer," Cinnabar says with a smirk. "Don't get ahead of yourself. I know how good you and the rest of the Furies are. I know you can win. Just remember there's a reason the Deathless are the champions around here."

Siroko nods, sipping her own coffee. "We won't take it lightly. And you'll be there cheering me on, so how could I bear to let you down?" She winks, then adds, "And I'll be cheering for the Executioners in your match. I know you're going to rock it."

--------

Zara

"Siroko is more than real," Siroko informs Zara in a very serious tone, standing up very straight and tilting her head back a bit. She's happy to take a selfie or set up some kind of post or video for Zara if she wants. When Phia opens her gift and promises she'll stick with the team, Siroko shakes her head.

"You don't have to promise that. I wouldn't have signed up for this if you were the kind of person who would leave us hanging. If your path leads you somewhere else, you'll see us right before following it. That's what I'd expect of anyone."

------

Friends

Siroko goes and checks in on her guests, and finds only two of them. "No Billy?" she asks.

Cold Iron shrugs, and Mercury shakes his head. "Haven't seen him since dinner. You know how he is, I'm sure he'll turn up. At some point."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 14, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
DECLARATION OF VIOLENCE

At 3:30 PM, the action begins. As the pre-show match kicks off, fans are still filtering in. All the same, most of the hardcore fans are already seated and ready to go, so the trainee battle royal is treated to a loud welcome. The trainees may not be given their own music or elaborate entrances, but Robin Selik puts a little pepper on their introductions nonetheless to get the crowd going. The match begins. The action is chaotic, and while unpolished, proves to be a lot of fun. There's blades flashing, lasers blasting, and waves of water crashing as every fighter goes all out to try and make an impression. The Jersey Daredevil wastes no time taking advantage of the free-for-all format, ducking and dodging behind other fighters only to come up on his foes with a flaming knife. While a lot of his fundamentals need work, his battlefield awareness and sheer boldness are clearly taking both the others and Robin by surprise. Fighter after fighter falls, until only two are left: Jersey Daredevil and Lil' Steg. The two stand in stark contrast: Daredevil the consummate trickster, the dirty fighter, inexperienced yet brash. Lil' Steg the hardworking, reliable kid, whose small frame belies incredible toughness and perseverance, one of the longest-tenured trainees in the Asylum. Their eyes meet. Daredevil charges in, which Roxie judges as an attempt at a feint - and Steg does too. Instead of bracing or dodging, Steg lunges forward, catching Daredevil unawares and pulling him facefirst into a nasty blow from his plated tail. Daredevil staggers back, dazed, and Steg follows up with surprising fluidity: an uppercut, a gut punch, then he picks Daredevil up on his shoulders.

"Jurassic Driverrr!" Steg shouts, flipping over in his own variation of the Death Valley Driver, landing on Daredevil and crushing the latter's ribcage with one of his back plates. The crowd erupts - just the hardcore fans at first, then the feeling sweeps across the arena. Immediately shooting to his feet despite having taken a hell of a beating himself throughout the match, the ever-upbeat Steg pumps a jubilant fist into the air. "Yes!" is all it occurs to him to say as he grins out at the crowd, elated.

A short break follows as the arena reconfigures itself for the next match. Daredevil emerges from the doubling room looking pretty winded but grinning widely, making his way out to the crowd as Lil' Steg practically skips up to the announce booth for an interview with Robin.
"If I'm second best trainee already, just think where I'll be at next year's Declaration." He nudges Roxie, heading toward the seat she reserved for him.

Steg's interview wraps up, thanking "my mom, my dad, my aunts, my sibilings, my partners, I love you all - and everyone cheering me on today, you folks are too much! Thank you, everyone, and you'll be seeing more of me soon!" When he heads off, there's a couple more minutes where the arena finishes reconfiguring and the last of the fans come in to find their seats. Then, the show begins. Robin stands up behind their desk, microphone in hand. They've dressed up for the occasion - in a black silk suit with rolled-up sleeves, black cummerbund and lush green patterned button-down. Their normally wild red hair is formed up into a wavy quiff, and a pair of steel crown earrings matches their bold, metallic nail polish. The spotlight's shining on Robin, the entire audience turned toward them. They spin the microphone around in their hand, taking in the packed audience. With a wink, they raise the microphone to their mouth - and you hear another voice from the audience shout "We can't see you!" followed by raucous laughter. One of Robin's usual hecklers, carrying out a routine you well know by now.

"You wanna start that already, huh? Alright, smart guy, feast your eyes!" Robin climbs up on their desk, raising an eyebrow as they raise the microphone again. "My name is Robin Selik, I'm your ring announcer for this evening, and welcome to the Declaration of Violence 2259!" They roar, putting their whole body into it. The crowd erupts, and just by virtue of how many people there are, it's the loudest you've ever heard the Asylum. Robin waits for the cheers to die down before continuing. "Our opening match will be the pan-athletic all-stars American Made, coming off half a breakup with two exciting new faces on the roster, taking on a vicious pack of cutthroats who care about nothing but the carnage they leave in their wake, the Hounds of Destruction! Most of the Hounds are claiming their first fight in the Asylum tonight, but they've got one member I think the hometown fans will recognize. You got about 30 seconds before their music hits to take a guess." Robin smirks, stepping down off the desk as the Hounds make their entrance. A chorus of boos erupts from the regular fans as the five appear, which the Hounds are all to happy to play into. American Made enter second, playing to the crowd a little but all fired up and ready to go for the throat. Though Emma confessed to Roxie this morning that she felt incredibly nervous about the pressure of her debut, no one would know it to look at her here. Striding out with her team, bow in hand, she looks the picture of confidence - even blowing a kiss to where she knows Roxie is sitting in the audience.

The match starts like a shot. Both teams are built to rush in, and that's exactly what they do. Axel Apone, Body Electric and Diamond Trinh violently collide with Fenrir Spear, Lioness Rampage and Mauler Maxima. Lane and Hothead Ben Morris provide mid-range support, while Jotun Arrow and Emma-80 lay down maximum firepower from afar. The paradigm shifts almost immediately, though, with Body and Trinh slipping the line to jump Hothead while Lane joins Axel in keeping the Hounds' frontliners distracted. Axel proves the first to fall, but Hothead is the next, followed by Jotun as Emma's explosions and Lane's hexes buy the team's rushdown pair enough time to do their job. Body Electric doesn't last much longer, though, with Maxima trapping her in a constricting kata ha jime while Lioness and Fenrir turn and burn. While all the melee fighters are pretty busted up, Emma's unanswered offense proves the difference maker, pincushioning Fenrir and ultimately dropping him. Lioness evens up the score on Lane, felling the Olympian with a sound-barrier-breaking haymaker. Maxima tries to wrap up Trinh, but the augmented wide receiver bends, flips, and puts the wrestler's lights out for good with the Diamond Shatter. Lioness puts up a fearsome last stand, throwing Trinh through a wall and nearly killing her, but Emma levels her bow, looses an arrow, and marks her second kill to win her first match with American Made.

Lane passes by Vivi after the match, unable to contain a smirk. "Sorry about your man."
Fenrir joins Vivi shortly after that. "Not what I was hoping for," he grumbles, massaging his jaw. "I guess at least one of us came out looking good."

----

A break for arena reconfiguration ensues. American Made comes to hang out with you for a bit, moods running high and bursting with adrenaline. The next match starts up: Steel Jackets versus The Chimerae of Drs. Cagliostro. The Cagliostros make a splash as soon as they come out, their personas a stark contrast of over-the-top villainy toward their opponents and lovey-dovey cooing toward each other. It gets on the audience's last nerve, and the doctors eat it right up. They've gone with a single, hulking abomination for this match. It starts off looking good against the Steel Jackets, who're good at picking up a couple quick kills but risk running out of juice after that, but the Steel Jackets' hard work as of late has clearly paid off. They work like a well-oiled machine, trading out members for the abomination to hit as they whittle it down. When the dust clears, the Steel Jackets stand victorious - a well-earned win, as Robin says, and one they badly needed in order to get some of their momentum back.

Wol fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 11, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
There's a longer break before the next match, giving people time to take a breath, walk around, get some more food, whatever they have to do to refill the well of energy they've been shouting dry throughout the show so far. Some Killers take this time to mingle with the fans a bit. To Vivi and Roxie's pleasure, The Bone King is one of them. They find him on the concourse, signing a Bone King doll for a an excitable kid fan. As you approach, both look up. The girl looks delighted to see you. The Bone King wears his expressionless skull mask as always, but his gaze burns intensely nonetheless.
"I think those people want your autograph, Emma." Fenrir points at a group of fans, all wearing American Made t-shirts, all gawking in your direction.
"Oh?" Emma glances between Fenrir, you, and The Bone King. "Oh, yeah. Sounds good!" She heads off to talk to her fans, and Fenrir steps away into the crowd.
With Fenrir and Emma gone, The Bone King stares at you still. Then, he breaks into a maniacal laugh. "You think to challenge The Bone King's domain? Absurd! The Bone King's rule fears nothing from even other sovereigns, and the two of you are but countesses, marchionesses at best! But hear this, Furies." The Bone King brandishes the little girl's marker at you dramatically. "Soon, we undergo trial by combat. You are fierce, yes. You are cunning, yes! Your aspirations rest upon this moment. But The Bone King carries the aspirations of the millions of souls in his domain! When you fight the Deathless, you fight not just five warriors true, you fight a King! And all that his domain entails. So shout your challenge, for all it means! When the day is done, The Bone King's reign will remain eternal! And the next time you approach The Bone King, you had better do so on bended knee." With a swift gesture, The Bone King hands the girl back her marker. "You have leave to curry the favour of The Bone King's vassals. They shall need all the support they can get when this is done!" He turns on his heels, and with a swish of his cape, strides off, laughing madly. The little girl watches him walk away, grinning from ear to ear, then turns back to you. She looks up at you hopefully, clutching her marker and her Bone King doll.

----

In the meantime, Erzbet and Siroko are with their favourite Executioners. Stardust and Erzbet manage to find a little alcove away from the bustle. Not much is said. Stardust just holds Erzbet until the alarm she's set for herself goes off.
"Let's crush it." She says, smiling at Erzbet.

Siroko and Cinnabar, on the other hand, are hanging out with the rest of the Executioners when the time comes. Strangely enough, it's the first time Siroko's really done so.
"Seriously, Siroko, you should come to one of our after-parties sometime. We do karaoke, mostly. You'd like it - I'm sure you can handle it when some of us get a little competitive."
"I've no idea who you could be referring to." Foxglove smirks as he plucks a piece of lint off his cloak.

----

Soon after the Flawless Executioners head into the doubling room, their match against La Familia starts. The second-highest profile match of the night, it takes place in The Deathless' arena - which the Executioners are quick to use to their benefit. The right glance from Cinnabar brings Fortuna stumbling into the graves - and with the fall of TC's axe, to her doom. The other Executioners, meanwhile, aim to seek out Zio Massimo before he gets too dangerous. Foxglove and Simoon blanket the area where he could be with their magics - and when they flush him out, a little push this way and that on the other Familia means Stardust gets to line up a devastating Syzygy. As always, Robin puts Stardust's signature move over strong, and the crowd loudly cheers its assent. Having born the brunt both of the trap Massimo had time to set up and of the other Familia's offense, Simoon doesn't last much longer - but the rest of the Executioners have little trouble cleaning up. Giovanna does manage to isolate TC and seems to be winning a duel against him, but Cinnabar intervenes. She blinds the cyborg slasher with a cloud of mist, then sinks her claws into her back. The Flawless Executioners stand tall, posing elegantly to enthusiastic applause as they return to their regular bodies. Their decisive victory stands as a reminder that they still occupy a high position amongst Asylum Killers.

Wol fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 11, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
"This is it, folks, the main event of the evening! The main event of Declaration of Violence 2259!"

You're mere moments away from your match. The match. Your ascent has been dizzyingly fast. A mere month ago, you weren't exactly nobody, but you felt like you were on the cusp of being somebody. You had the chance to take the first in a series of steps toward a tangible goal. In that month, you didn't step toward that goal so much as run, and now there's only one step that remains. It's almost surreal. The last thing Phia said before you laid down in the body doubling machines was "See you when we're champs." And here you are, about to walk into your championship match. It's happening.

"First, the defending champs, undefeated for the whole year they've been here. Introducing the indomitable, the unslain, The Deathless!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK1apCgeLuU Bloody Tyrant - Ode to the Falling Rain

The arena goes pitch black. A flash of white light briefly illuminates the arena. You see a dismembered figure spotlighted on the ground. The light flickers out, then comes back on and stays on, starkly illuminating the two people now standing around the figure. The White Witch Cai Minhua and Gan Lu Zhen stand, heads bowed, on either side of the scattered Qieduan. When the violin kicks in, Minhua and Ganlu gesture emphatically, and Qieduan starts to rise, her scattered parts pulling back together as she does. When Qieduan is all back together, standing straight, she backflips out of the large pool of blood that had spread beneath her. She lands in a dramatic pose with an arm outstretched toward the blood, reshaping it from a pool into a magic circle. Minhua and Ganlu make another arcane gesture. A burst of smoke erupts from the circle, accompanied by a horrible cry. The smoke parts to reveal The Accursed Sagong Jun, who staggers forward, looking hungry - and The Bone King, who holds his guandao to the sky.

"And now for the challengers. They haven't even been a team as long as the Deathless have been our champions, but that just tells you how impressive their rise has been. The can't-miss team of 2259, kiss my rear end if you think otherwise - introducing The Furies!"

Just before the match officially starts, you cast an eye to your cheering section. It's not hard to find - you can find it by the big neon words hanging in the air reading "SIROKO'S GONNA KILL YOU!" It seems Billy Fresno finally showed. There are normal signs, too. As promised, Mr. Miller is there with a sign saying "The Rose Knight is My Champion". He seems a little tentative, but holds it up proudly whenever Caelynn looks his way. Aubrey has a big grin on her face as she brandishes "Hey Deathless, stop and smell the Roses!" Dusty's there too, with a sign that simply says "Furies Fly" but has a really well-drawn wicked-looking bird's foot smashing through a skull as its central feature. The first time Siroko looks over, Emma, Billy and Mercury jump up, fists in the air, and start shouting and cheering - and after a moment of hesitation, Cold Iron does too. Once she calms down a bit, Emma points at Roxie, then places her hand over her heart. Daredevil throws the horns, though he doesn't join in on all the shouting. Vivi's fans, meanwhile, are chanting louder than even Zara - and her #1 fan, up on her mom's shoulders, holds her hands up in the shape of a heart when Vivi looks her way. Just as the match starts, Cinnabar and Stardust finish dodging and pushing their way through the crowd, squeezing their way beside the others.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Caelynn and White Witch Cai Minhua roll twice and take the higher result on attack rolls against each other.
Caelynn's attacks treat White Witch Cai Minhua as having vulnerable 5 radiant instead of resist 5 radiant.
As a minor action, White Witch Cai Minhua can end an effect imposed on her by Caelynn.

ARENA RULES
  • Tree squares provide partial cover.
  • The lights shining from the middle row of buildings denote buildings you can walk through. At an elevation of +0, squares I4-K5 and I15-K16 are difficult terrain and provide partial cover.
  • L8 and H12 contain creeping vines that can be climbed at DC15. They're easy to climb, though, so success allows you to climb at 1 point of movement per 5 ft. You can move up or down them at 2 points of movement per 5 ft. even if you fail the check.
  • If you start an action on a magic circle (C12-E14; I9-K11; O6-Q8) you can use Arcana or Nature instead of Athletics or Acrobatics during that action, gain +5 to Arcana and Nature checks, and are considered to have a running start when making such checks. You command vines to rise from the ground to carry you.
  • The weird glorpy vine things are ramps.

OUT OF TURN ACTIONS
  • Accursed Sagong Jun: Accursed Redemption (Close burst 5; Recharge when mark violated). Free Action: When an ally in the burst is subjected to a negative effect, transfer that effect to Sagong Jun.
  • Accursed Sagong Jun: Blood-Bound Fate (Close burst 20; Encounter). Free Action: When Sagong Jun is bloodied, target the creature that bloodied him. The target is marked UeoE; the mark cannot be removed or superseded.
  • The Bone King: Royal Intercession (Close burst 5; Encounter). Immediate Interrupt: When an ally in the burst is hit by a charge attack, The Bone King shifts to a square adjacent to the attacker. The Bone King becomes the target of the attack instead and gains resist 10 against it.
  • White Witch Cai Minhua: Indwelling Ghost (Encounter; Personal). Requirement: Dispel a ghost light. Immediate Interrupt: When hit by an attack dealing neither force nor radiant damage, gain insubstantial against the triggering attack.

THE ACCURSED SAGONG JUN'S TRAITS
  • Accustomed to Suffering: If Sagong Jun's total penalty to attack rolls exceeds -2 other than from superior cover, he has a -2 penalty to attack rolls instead.
  • Curse of A Thousand Damnations: Any negative effect on Sagong Jun gains the duration “save ends”.
  • Accursed Perseverance: Sagong Jun gains resist 1 all (stackable) for each negative effect affecting him.

• FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 48 / 48 | AC 23 | Fort 16 | Ref 20 | Will 19

• FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 51 / 51 | AC 22 | Fort 17 | Ref 23 | Will 18

• FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 50 / 50 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 20 | Will 21

• FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 68 / 68 | AC 22 | Fort 21 | Ref 18 | Will 18

• FU Caelynn | HP 48 / 48 | AC 22 | Fort 17 | Ref 17 | Will 21

• DTL The Accursed Sagong Jun | HP 120 / 120 | AC 18 | Fort 16 | Ref 16 | Will 16

• DTL The Bone King | HP 90 / 90 | AC 21 | Fort 19 | Ref 16 | Will 16

• DTL Gan Lu Zhen | HP 90 / 90 | AC 20 | Fort 16 | Ref 19 | Will 17

• DTL Qieduan | HP 100 / 100 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 17

• DTL White Witch Cai Minhua | HP 90 / 90 | AC 20 | Fort 17 | Ref 16 | Will 18
    • Ghost lights: 1

Wol fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 13, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn bounces lightly on her feet as the arena opens up, just from the nerves, finally taking a deep breath when the Furies' entrance music sounds and walking out with what she hopes is a confident stride. Waving to the audience here and there, the sight of her dad and Aubrey's signs only makes her smile. She couldn't let them down. Couldn't let the Furies down. Couldn't let herself down. This was the fight of her life. Time to show everybody what she was really made of. "Remember what we discussed," she throws over to the rest of the Furies as she moves up, "we got this!" As she moves, drawing her sword, that familiar glow rises from her body; but rather than a pure white, as before, it is now a deep, crimson red; the true color of a Rose, as befitting her title. The spectral thorns that shoot across the battlefield and poise themselves over Qieduan and Gan Lu's bodies have that deep crimson color as well.

Move: L5
Free: Activate Sunblade; all attacks deal radiant damage.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Qieduan
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Gan Lu Zhen.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 48/48 (THP: 0)       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 12)      For:  17    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 21    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Mirror Darkly          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Touch of Grace
                        [ ] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Crimson Legionnaire: Deal d10 curse damage to enemies under Divine Challenge.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit with melee.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko salutes her cheering section with her hammer as the Furies enter the arena. Then she's all focus. This was the key match, the most important one yet. Time to put up or shut up, and Siroko Tuuli hated having to shut up.

When the match begins, she heads for the center of the arena, quickly ascending the vines and getting into a position where she could see the opposing team - and be ready to move in on them, or fall back as needed.

Move: Move to L9.
Standard: Climbing up the vines and moving to K9.

Athletics: 1d20+9 29

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP: 68/68 (THP: 0)        Passive Insight: 14        Defense Sets: AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges: 13/13 (V: 18)     Passive Perception: 14        Normal     22/21/18/18
Initiative: +4            Vision: Normal             Resist: 5 cold
Speed: 6                  Action Points: [1]

At Will               
Weight of Earth           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Burst of Earth's Fury 

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [ ] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Winter's Herald
[ ] Bear's Endurance      [ ] Inspiring Word         [ ] Winter's Herald Attack

Items
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] Crown of Winter (Encounter)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +12 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +12 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.
Crown of Winter: Enemy that damages you takes 5 cold and psychic damage, and is
immbolized UEoINT
Bear's Endurance: If you drop to 0HP or less, regain hit points as if you had
spent a healing surge.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 13, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

PDF

Matches

Vivi stands and shouts "JURASSIC DRRRRIVVERRR!!" when Lil' Steg uses his big move! She bubbles to the other Furies: "He's so cute!"

When Lane comes by Vivi only has a squeak of outrage and something that sounds a little like an angry modem. She only has a brief time to pout at her frienemy before Fenny is back! She wants to console him, to work him over with hugs and kisses but that might be a bit much for his machismo, at least in public. "You always look good, Fenny!" This will require a bit of finesse.. but if there's one thing Vivi can do it's to be suggestive! She leans on him a bit when the Cagliostros come out, is a bit affectionate when they are and ultimately invites Fenrir to lounge in the seat in front of her, to rest his head on her lap with "the best seat in the house <3." He can't be made of stone~

---

THE BONE KING

Vivi simmers as he tears into her and Roxie! A swirl of contradictory loops has been fighting in her head all day and even though hearing his pure reaction to their provocation is enough to make her sing with joy, something still isn't right! Before the big ham can stride off, Vivi points dramatically! "No, er.. Know this, King of Bone!" She's in character! Her other hand rests on her hip, gripping the handle of the prop whip! "Even if the Deathless live up to their name, even with a million souls.. I.. I'll throw it away as the joke it is!" Her irises flare to red but nothing cute holos out of the side of her head! "In the Crown, I've died a hundred times!" The catalogued data of those memories could be erased easily for the little robot, forgotten by any organic brain, but she's never deleted them. "Against a fraud like you, scared to fall, hiding from death with his necromancy, you... you.."

In the middle of the very public arena, Vivi's angry high-pitched voice cracks through her staged manner of speaking and she shouts her heart out! "YOU'RE JUST A BONER KING COMPARED TO A WRAITH LIKE ME!!!"

In this ridiculous outfit, all worked up, her chest and shoulders heave with every emotional breath. Once he's gone she accepts the doll and very patiently signs out a Love, Vivi <3 before offering Roxie a chance to sign as well.

---

The Match

Striding onto the battlefield, battle-Vivi is dressed in a matching leather set of minimalist top, shorts and practical boots. The leather matches her Empress outfit but even her hair is trimmed down to the usual shoulder-length bob cut. No room for being grabbed and tossed by long hair or knives deploying slowly through thick leather. As she walks onto the stage she gives an eye scan of the crowd. A lot of pros get overwhelmed in the ring and can't see anything but the arena or the lights.

But Vivi turns and returns the heart-gesture to her biggest fan after spotting her with the mechanical scan.. Thanks, cheating robotics!

As the match begins Vivi nimbly follows the others, sticking with the group and scaling to high ground.

Standard: Move to M9
Move: Athletics 21 Climb and Move to K6
Minor: Draw Potion of Clarity.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 48/48 (T:)    	AC:	23	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 2/2 (V: 12)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +8		Ref:	20	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	19      Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial	
Resist: Necrotic 5
Vulnerable: Radiant 5

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [ ] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Unfettered Hunger
Vampire Slam            [ ] Darkfire               [ ] Bloodthirst(I)
False Bravado           [ ] Feral Assault        [ ] Recovery(I)          
Acrobat Boots          [ ] Blood Drinker         [ ] Profound Flashback              
                        [ ] Strength of Blood             [ ] Scarlet(I)
                        [ ] Cunning Sneak  
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Clarity [ ]
Spike [ ]

Implement: +11 Attack, +13 Damage (+14 vs Bloodied)
MBA: +14 Attack, 1d4+4
RBA: +14 Attack, 1d4+7
Crits: +2d8

Passives:
Touch of Scarlet: +2 Saves vs Poison
Ghost of the Past: Free Guidance use for History/encounter
Enduring Soul: Regen 3 when Bloodied
Martial Vamp: Gain Healing Surge when Bloodied 1/Enc

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

---Battle Royale---

As the day’s matches begin, Roxie heads to her seat with a moderate amount of arena food and beers in tow, dressed in enough costume that she can mug for the fans, but not so much that she’s uncomfortable - her Catrina makeup still makes her an imposing sight. The rumble keeps her attention most of the way through, but the finale has her on the edge of her seat! The conclusion draws a wince from her - JD was going to feel that for days - but when he returns to his seat he manages to not look defeated. She raises her real arm to smack his butt as he tries to nudge past her, “If you don’t get signed after that match, then people weren’t paying atención, amigo. You still made it to the final duel, and solo uno mas can say that,” she gets up and pulls him into a selfie vid, “Hola RuiNation; RR here with the Jersey Devil, fresh out of la molinillo - not only is this kid a supreme talent on a bike, he’s going to be a champion - after I retire,” she grins big and sticks her tongue out, “If he’s not in your watch list, you’re not watching,” she’ll give him a second to throw the horns, and chime in if he’s got something. While she’s waiting for the next matches intros to get started she edits the video down into something postable and gets her tag game on.

---American Made vs. the Hounds of Destruction---

Emma’s blown kiss into the crowd brings a slight color to her cheeks, even as anonymous as it is, but it is well received all-the-same - in a hidden, small motion, she captures the kiss in her good hand, pressing it to her heart. The intros swell, and it is beyond obvious that the crowd favors American Made; Roxie adds her voice to the cacophony, screaming for all she’s worth like a teenager. She winces in ‘ooohs’ with the crunching hits, and cheers with the minor turnabouts as the match moves on. When Fenrir Spear finally succumbs to Emma’s barrage, Roxie forgets her friend’s feelings and all notions of propriety, screaming, “¡Esa mi chica! Get ‘em, babe!” into the deafening roar of the arena. The match concludes and even her loudest yells of support are swallowed by the wall of noise.

At some point after the match, Roxie ambushes Emma and pulls her into a small room, shutting the door with a waggle of her hip. Grabbing the other woman around the waist, she picks her up and spins to press Em's back against the now closed door, leaning in for a fierce kiss. After an uncertain period of time, they separate. Roxie winks conspiratorially and fixes Emma's hair, before headed out towards the concourse.

---An Interlude with the Bone King---

Walking down the concourse with friends, Roxie smiles and waves warmly when Emma’s newfound fans pull her away. She is not surprised to find the Bone King among his subjects, but a chance to drive up the drama is entirely too good to pass. But she has danced this dance before and so Cuchillita’s excitable outburst does not phase her. When Vivi has worked herself into a lather, Roxie continues in a grave tone, stage pitched to carry to the surrounding fans, “Pride. The downfall of many kings, your majesty. Careful, lest you hasten that fall. No king escapes the Keeper’s due and the Furies are here to collect,” she raises her arms in a pious pose, the very image of a solemn warrior priestess.

The moment recedes, but she stays in character, affecting a sinister smile for the fans. She will stay to sign autographs and take selfies with Vivi.

---A Declaration of Violence---

Making her entrance with the Furies' music booming, she looks up at the Asylum more packed at she’s ever seen it, suddenly the center of attention for the largest crowd she’s ever fought for. Even her best stunts never drew this many hungry eyes, this many cheering supporters and catcalling hecklers; this moment she had been waiting for since she first began her career as a Killer. A boundary between being champions. Her blood begins to run cold as she slides into the task she was born for, that her ancestors had passed down through generations to her, that she had honed into an artform; taking life. Looking to the crowd where Emma is, Roxie raises her real hand to her lips and blows a kiss, a companion to the gesture from before. She has no time to be self-conscious about it; the boundary between before and now is shattered.

Rushing forward, she uses her extensive parkour experience to scale the wall without assistance from the vines and then performs a quick hop up to the high ground, giving her a view of the battlefield while leaving the option to retreat back into safer territory.

---

Standard: Move to L13
Move: Athletics: 1d20+10 19 - jump up 3 squares vertical - getting me up to K13, then proceed to K15 (automatic success on jump needed)

pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
HP : 51/51 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    :12    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 14)   Passive Perception : 12    Normal         22/17/23/18
Initiative : +8        Vision : Normal            vs. OAs        +3/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               
Piercing Strike            Sly Flourish

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [ ] Jumping Blade Assault      [ ] Dragon Breath
[ ] Disciplined Counter    [ ] Sneak in the Attack       [ ] Swift Parry
[ ] Second Wind

Daily
[ ] Spinning Blade Leap    [ ] Go for the Eyes

Items::
[ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus (Encounter, Free)
[ ] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Quickling Boots (Encounter, Move)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Jacket (Daily, Free)

MBA: +14 attack, 1d4+5 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+6
RBA: +14 attack, 1d4+8 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+9
SA: +2d8

Conditional:
[ ] Disciplined Counter: Target granting CA misses Roxie in melee - slide 2 towards allies after counterattack

Passives:
Ritual Killer: CA vs. Slow, Immob, Weak, and enemies that have not acted
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT
Stuntwoman: Ranged and Area attacks don't provoke

Mortify fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 16, 2018

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Yeah. Time to crush it," mutters Erzbet to herself as she enters the arena, a little prayer. She doesn't look for Stardust in the crowd. There wasn't time to meet between the matches- there never is- but that's fine. There will be time after for celebration or drowning of sorrows.

Besides, she doesn't want to look at the crowd.

There is only the crown.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"Come on, Tiggy," she says to the empty air, "let's do this."

With a roar, Tiger appears in an explosion of noise and displaced air. A subtle tweak from Erzbet as she moves to a magic circle directs it in a swirl around Caelynn, giving their lone knight a touch of protection.

With a gesture, sister lifts brother upwards on a bower of vine and leaf, giving him time to mug for the crowd, before he takes up position next to Siroko on the roof. This is going to be a storm. Time to be the eye.

Move:Erzbet to O8
Minor: Summon Tiger at L6, Caelynn gets 4 THP
Move: Move Tiger to K8, Nature: 1d20+18 19 to be carried to the top.

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

HP : 50/50 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 22    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 12)   Passive Perception : 22    Normal         20/18/20/21
Initiative : +3        Vision : Low-Light         vs. OAs        +4/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]       

At Will               
Spirit's Wrath              Spirit Infusion                Voice of Battle
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[X][X] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      
[ ] Speak With Spirits     [ ] Beguiling Strands          [ ] Engaging Pursuit
[ ]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [ ] Shrieking Wind Spirits    [ ] Hearth Spirit

[ ] Amulet of Elegy
[ ] Centering Cincture
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Potion (Minor)

MBA: +10 attack, 1d8+5
RBA: +4 attack, 1d4+1

Passives:
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to Tiger Fury grant CA
Spirit of Vigor: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury's summon get +Int temp HP
Strengthening Spirit: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury when healing spirit is used get +Wis temp HP
Spirit's Step: When spirit companion disappears as part of an attack power, one ally adjacent can shift 1 (free)
Forest Walk: Plant-based difficult terrain is ignored
Calm Mind: +2 to saves against daze, dominate, stun
Resplendent Gloves: +2 damage when attacking Will. 
If it is an Illusion attack, targets grants CA to me.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
The Deathless start moving out. When Minhua reaches the arcane circle on her side of the arena, she takes a deep breath and holds her hands in front of her chest. A pale, eerie light winks into existence on either side of her. Qieduan severs one of her hands and sends it hovering up the thick bundle of vines in front of her to the roof where Vivi's waiting. As Qieduan herself takes cover behind a smashed-up truck, the hand flies at Vivi, taking a chunk out of her arm with its poison-tipped claws.

Ganlu, meanwhile, hops up on the truck to survey the scene. Roxie remains ready to pounce, but she doesn't quite have a clear view of her. Siroko, directly across from her, is...not someone she'd prefer to go after, but the best opportunity is the one in front of oneself. She starts chanting. The spell takes hold - Siroko's eyes go wide and she suddenly lunges at Vivi, shouting and desperately swinging her hammer at the little bot's ankles.

Free Action: Qieduan uses Sever. She summons a Hand minion with her defenses in C4.
Move Action: Qieduan moves to B9 and her Hand to I3.
Standard Action: Qieduan makes her Hand charge to J5. Claw (Melee 1), targeting Vivi. 29 vs. AC; Hit. Vivi takes 10 poison damage and is slowed UEoMNT.

Move Action: White Witch Cai Minhua moves to C14.
Standard Action: Minhua uses Ghost Lights. Conjure two ghost lights in Minhua’s square that move with her. Each ghost light has aura 1: Enemies in the aura take -1 to OAs and the attack rolls of immediate actions (stackable). Minhua gains 5 THP and gains +2 Fort and Will UEoMNT.

Move Action: The Accursed Sagong Jun moves to H8.
Standard Action: Jun readies an action to charge (speed 7; +13 vs. AC; 1d6+7 damage. Effect: Mark the target UEoMNT) any Fury who ends an action on the ground on his side of the buildings.

Move Action: Gan Lu Zhen moves to D9.
Standard Action: Gan Lu Zhen uses Blossoming Delusion (Ranged 10; Fear), targeting Siroko. 24 vs. Will; Hit. Siroko takes 3 psychic damage and becomes Distrustful (save ends). Slide Siroko 2 squares and she makes a MBA against Vivi with +2 to the attack roll. 22 vs. AC; Miss. Vivi becomes Distrustful (save ends). While a character is Distrustful, use a standard action to slide it 2 squares and have it make a MBA against a tertiary target of Gan Lu Zhen's choice with +2 to the attack roll. On a hit or miss, the tertiary target becomes Distrustful (save ends).

Move Action: The Bone King moves to G12.
Standard Action: Total Defense.

ARENA RULES
  • The lights shining from the middle row of buildings denote buildings you can walk through. At an elevation of +0, squares I4-K5 and I15-K16 are difficult terrain and provide partial cover.
  • L8 and H12 contain creeping vines that can be climbed at DC15. They're easy to climb, though, so success allows you to climb at 1 point of movement per 5 ft. You can move up or down them at 2 points of movement per 5 ft. even if you fail the check.
  • If you start an action on a magic circle (C12-E14; I9-K11; O6-Q8) you can use Arcana or Nature instead of Athletics or Acrobatics during that action, gain +5 to Arcana and Nature checks, and are considered to have a running start when making such checks. You command vines to rise from the ground to carry you.

OUT OF TURN ACTIONS
  • Accursed Sagong Jun: Accursed Redemption (Close burst 5; Recharge when mark violated). Free Action: When an ally in the burst is subjected to a negative effect, transfer that effect to Sagong Jun.
  • Accursed Sagong Jun: Blood-Bound Fate (Close burst 20; Encounter). Free Action: When Sagong Jun is bloodied, target the creature that bloodied him. The target is marked UeoE; the mark cannot be removed or superseded.
  • The Bone King: Royal Intercession (Close burst 5; Encounter). Immediate Interrupt: When an ally in the burst is hit by a charge attack, The Bone King shifts to a square adjacent to the attacker. The Bone King becomes the target of the attack instead and gains resist 10 against it.
  • White Witch Cai Minhua: Indwelling Ghost (Encounter; Personal). Requirement: Dispel a ghost light. Immediate Interrupt: When hit by an attack dealing neither force nor radiant damage, gain insubstantial against the triggering attack.

• Accustomed to Suffering: If Sagong Jun's total penalty to attack rolls exceeds -2 other than from superior cover, he has a -2 penalty to attack rolls instead.
  • Curse of A Thousand Damnations: Any negative effect on Sagong Jun gains the duration “save ends”.
  • Accursed Perseverance: Sagong Jun gains resist 1 all (stackable) for each negative effect affecting him.

• FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 38 / 48 | AC 23 | Fort 16 | Ref 20 | Will 19
    • Distrustful; Slowed

• FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 50 / 50 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 20 | Will 21

• FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 65 / 68 | AC 22 | Fort 21 | Ref 18 | Will 18
    • Distrustful

• FU Caelynn | HP 48+4 / 48 | AC 22 | Fort 17 | Ref 17 | Will 21

• DTL The Accursed Sagong Jun | HP 120 / 120 | AC 18 | Fort 16 | Ref 16 | Will 16
    • Resist 0 all

• DTL The Bone King | HP 90 / 90 | AC 21 | Fort 19 | Ref 16 | Will 16
    • +2 to all defenses

• DTL Gan Lu Zhen | HP 90 / 90 | AC 20 | Fort 16 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • Warlock's Curse

• DTL Qieduan | HP 100 / 100 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • Warlock's Curse

• DTL White Witch Cai Minhua | HP 90+5 / 90 | AC 20 | Fort 17 | Ref 16 | Will 18
    • +2 Fort and Will; Ghost lights: 3

Wol fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 14, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

PDF

Without being entirely aware of it Vivi arches herself backwards and ducks a clubbing from Siroko.

"..." Vivi raises one foot, extends a knife-blade stiletto heel and spears the hand in a very matter of fact way. She injects her combat stim into the vein and revels in a rush of adrenaline that also fortifies her usual dainty organics. Expecting shenanigans of defending champion caliber, she walks to the edge of the roof and glares out at her prey while shaking off those phobias.

Standard: Taste of Life on Hand kills it and gives Vivi 5 THP.
Move: Move to I5.
Minor: Drink Potion of Clarity. Effect lasts UEOE and can be used at my choosing.
Save: Save clears Distrustful.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 38/48 (T: 5/5)    	AC:	23	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 2/2 (V: 12)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +8		Ref:	20	Action Points: 1

Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [ ] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Unfettered Hunger
False Bravado           [ ] Feral Assault        [ ] Recovery(I)          
Acrobat Boots          [ ] Blood Drinker         [ ] Profound Flashback              
                        [ ] Cunning Sneak  
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Clarity [X]
Spike [ ]

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 14, 2018

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko shakes her head after her swing at Vivi, then turns back to face the Deathless, jaw set and expression hard. She raises her hammer as a freezing wind blows across the area. Her armor frosts over, the ice adding additional protection and inuring her to the cold. A miniature blizzard swirls around her as she moves forward to engage the enemy.

THE BONE KING appears to be her target, as she heads directly for him, though she keeps her shield at the ready, anticipating Jun's intervention. She's not disappointed - as soon as she sets her feet, he's rushing her. Siroko slams her shield into him as her leaps on her, and the two heavy hitters collide for the first time in the match. Jun's claws leave bright streaks in the shield, but Siroko's defenses just barely hold. She gives a last shove, opening up enough room to return to her assault.

But her target isn't the obvious one. Instead of bringing the hammer down on THE BONE KING, she instead turns on Gan Lu. Siroko twirls her weapon over head, drawing the wind towards her and a third Deathless with it. As Gan Lu is pulled into reach, the hammer's circle intersects with her with terrible force.

Now she has more than half the enemy team within her grasp. Arcs of electricity arc through the swirling snow around her, little bits of ball lightning playing across her foes and ensuring retaliation if they ignore her. Their attention is sure to exact a cost, but Siroko is ready to weather it - at least long enough for her allies to make good use of the time.

Start of Turn Save:
Save vs Distrustful: 1d20 14

Minor: Activating Form of Winter's Herald. As long as I maintain this form, gain +1 AC, 5 cold resist, and squares within 2 of me are difficult terrain for enemies. The last effect moves with me.
Move: Move to F11 (avoiding OA from Jun and TBK). This should proc Jun's readied charge.

Readied Action From Jun: Charge to G10.
Charge (vs Siroko AC): 1d20+13 22 1d6+7 11
Just misses!

Standard: Thorn Strike vs Gan Lu.
Thorn Strike vs AC (Gan Lu): 1d20+12 23 1d10+10 14
Gan Lu is pulled to E10.

Free: Mark all adjacent UEoMNT (Gan Lu, TBK, Jun).

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
Surges: 13/13 (V: 18)     Passive Perception: 14        FoWH       23/21/18/18

At Will               
Warden's Grasp

Encounter

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [ ] Thunder Step           [x] Form of Winter's Herald
[ ] Bear's Endurance      [ ] Inspiring Word         [ ] [i]Winter's Herald Attack
Items
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
Passives:
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
immbolized UEoINT
spent a healing surge.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 17, 2018

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

The vines rise again, carrying Erzbet to the roof now that battle is joined in front of her. She frowns at Siroko's triple surround. "Let's make that a bit harder than they expect," she mutters. "Tiger! Flashfire!"

Tiger leaps from the roof next to the Deathlesses least likely to acknowledge his shenanigans, and before they can react snakes his way to Siroko, taking up position beside her and flexing.

It takes all three a moment to realize they've been had.

As they focus on the very obvious threat in their midst, a storm of sharp bone collapses inward around them. The Bone King weathers it with his usual aplomb, but Gan Lu is hit heavily by a ribcage and staggers, pain evident on her face. Jun doesn't appear to acknowledge the sharpened fingerbone stuck in his shoulder at all.

When the moment passes, Siroko is still surrounded by whirring bone- but Tiger is somehow now harrying Minhua.

"Misleading callouts are important sometimes," says Erzbet, to nobody.

Move: Erzbet to K10 Nature: 1d20+14+5 29
Tiger to H11.
Standard:Granite Armor vs AC (BK, ASJ, GL): 1d20+12 16 1d20+12 29 1d20+10 30 2d6+4 10
Crit damage: 1d6 6
Bone King is missed, ASJ takes 10, Gan Lu takes 22. Siroko has resist 6 all UEoMNT. Tiger vanishes. Siroko may shift 1, if she wants.
Minor: Resummon Tiger at C13.

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[X][X] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      

Daily

[ ] Amulet of Elegy
[ ] Centering Cincture

Passives:
Strengthening Spirit: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury when healing spirit is used get +Wis temp HP
Spirit's Step: When spirit companion disappears as part of an attack power, one ally adjacent can shift 1 (free)

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Some minor ruckus on the buildings above as Siroko tries to swat down Vivi does not deter Kate from the plan. She needed to get to the other side first before having an eye on her target. With a deep breath, she blinks through the building, her sword ready and holding a quick reaction from Sagong Jun at bay. Siroko moves in, drawing his ire, and her grin widens. "Hey, Gan Lu," she calls out to the witch on the truck as she gets battered by a combination of Siroko and Tiger, the crimson glow meanwhile concentrating around Caelynn's gauntleted fist, "You had to go and try and turn us against eachother, huh?" She asks. "You should know better than that, really. The Furies don't turn on eachother. You mess with one of us, we all take it rather personally." In the distance, Minhua erupts in dark red flames, and Roxie moves in for a follow-up strike. "And we hit back hard."

The Rose Knight takes a deep breath and lowers her sword for a moment, closing her eyes. On the other side of the chaotic melee around Siroko, a shadow rises from the ground, flickering like tv static for a moment before settling into the form of Caelynn, mimicking the knight's raising of her sword as she grins at Minhua. "Got a new trick," she whispers on the wind, "are you ready?"

Move: Fey Step to G6
Standard: Witchfire vs Minhua at 2d20k1+12=23. Hit for 2d6+11=15 fire and radiant damage and Minhua takes -3 to attacks UEOMNT.
Minor: Mirror Darkly. I conjure a shade with my defenses in D11 UEOMNT. While the shade persists, I have insubstantial and can use the shade's square or my own as the origin square for my attacks. The shade can be attacked, but has no hitpoints; it is destroyed if it is hit. As an aftereffect, I can teleport to a square formerly occupied by the shade.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 48/48 (THP: 4)       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 21
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 1

Ardent Strike           [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [X] Mirror Darkly          
                        [ ] Touch of Grace
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Crimson Legionnaire: Deal d10 curse damage to enemies under Divine Challenge.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 15, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Silhouetted in the overhead lights, Roxie stands like a perfect sentinel as the Deathless advance, the roaring waves of the crowd her only company. The storm goddess leaps forward, crashing into the front line as was her way, and Tiger Fury is not even a second behind - but still Roxie waits, flipping her dagger idly in her hand. A clang, like a rung bell, fills the air.

The boundary is broken, Siroko's shield is the war drum shattering it, and the priestess takes flight! Executing an effortless corkscrew flip off the high ground, she fills her lungs with air, and as her feet meet earth she lets it out in a massive storm of ice; Ganlu's quick reflexes save her from a slicing fate, but the Bone King and Jun are not so lucky, catching a face full of sleet. The rime forms sharp crystals on Siroko's hammer, bolstering her already wintery defenses, "Una resfriado, on the house."

Still full of momentum from her dive, Roxie catapults toward Gan Lu with icy determination in her eyes, catching the witch recovering from her dodge. Arcing from above like a hammer strike, her blade finds the woman's thigh, excising a bloody tax as it passes. No sooner than the blood wells into the wound, she is gone, moving like a wraith towards the true prize.

A flash from the nearby doorway announces the Rose Knight and when Caelynn's searing flames hit the White Witch, Roxie's knife is there like the frigid hand of death, augmented strength driving Minhua to the ground with devastating force.

---

Free: Frost Dagger, all damage is now cold
Move: to E13, avoiding fall damage via automatic Acrobatics success
Minor: Dragon Breath vs Reflex (G, ASJ, TBK) (origin E12): 3#1d20+11 14 miss | 30 hit | 26 hit 1d6+3 8
(misses Gan Lu, ASJ and TBK take 8 cold damage, Siroko gets +1 attack rolls until EOMNT)
Standard: Shift 2 into E11 via Spinning Blade Leap vs AC (Gan Lu): 1d20+14 31, hit 2d4+8 12 cold damage, then Roxie shifts 4 to C15
Action Point: Jumping Blade Assault vs AC (Minhua): 1d20+16 36, crit 2d4+2d8+9 18 33 + Crit: 1d6 5 == 38 cold damage and Minhua is knocked prone.

pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
Speed : 6              Action Points : [0]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [x] Jumping Blade Assault      [x] Dragon Breath
[ ] Second Wind

Daily
[x] Spinning Blade Leap    [ ] Go for the Eyes

[ ] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Quickling Boots (Encounter, Move)

MBA: +14 attack, 1d4+5 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+6
RBA: +14 attack, 1d4+8 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+9

Conditional:
[ ] Disciplined Counter: Target granting CA misses Roxie in melee - slide 2 towards allies after counterattack

Passives:
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
"An intriguing trick, my knight - but a fragile one. 切断 杀."
Qieduan obliges, removing her head with a dramatic spray of blood. Her head flies forth, sinking its teeth into Caelynn's construct. Elsewhere, her hand goes for Vivi's neck, but is rebuffed. As Caelynn's construct dissipates into smoke, Ganlu locks eyes with Siroko.
"Come with me," she intones, and Siroko finds for the moment she has no choice but to obey. Ganlu can only go a short way, fighting through Siroko's blizzard, but she comes to a stop next to Caelynn. "This is the place." She beckons, causing Siroko to lean close - then darts forward, sinking her sharp teeth into Siroko's neck.

Minhua, meanwhile, makes good her own egress. From where she lies on the pavement, wounded despite her phantasm having saved her from the worst of Roxie's attack, she aims a sneer at her assailant. One of her ghost lights sinks into the ground, giving way to a litter of ghostly hands that lifts her up and whisks her away, up to the roof of a nearby building. She flings her arms wide, still held in the air by the hands below, and begins chanting. Her last ghost light fades. Ganlu's arms suddenly stretch out and go rigid - and keep stretching, grabbing hold of Caelynn and Vivi. Caelynn feels the armour on her right arm crushed painfully into her with the undead strength of Minhua's spell. Vivi gets the same, minus the armour, but is pulled right off her ledge to the ground next to Ganlu. She lands gracefully, at least.

"KNEEL BEFORE THE BONE KING!" The crowd shouts it along with him, the voice of his subjects rising as one to amplify his command. The Bone King swings his guandao in a mighty arc at the nearby Furies' legs. Vivi nimbly hops over it, and Siroko's Erzbet-granted toughness takes the worst of the blow, but Caelynn isn't so lucky. Whatever force was meant for Vivi takes The Bone King's polearm through Caelynn's armour and into her thigh bone. It's dug in deep enough that it takes him a bit of effort to remove it. When he does, a bloody arc trails his blade, and Caelynn falls to the ground. The Bone King plants the butt of his weapon on the ground next to him, and anyone who looks closely can start to notice vague humanoid shapes on the ground and in the air around where he stands. The Bone King's subjects are with him in the very arena, promising it will not be he who is made to kneel.

As The Bone King grandstands, The Accursed Sagong Jun slips away to a better vantage point. Vivi tracks him - her mistake. Jun meets her gaze. In an instant, her mind reels with visions of torment. She feels at once the weight of years' worth of injuries, of cuts, blows, spells and bullets, and for a moment the thought enters her mind that there's nothing more she deserves. The feeling passes, but she's left to share in Jun's most recent punishment. As it does Jun's, Caelynn's radiant flame dances across her body.

Free Action: When Minhua is hit by Caelynn's Witchfire, Jun uses Accursed Redemption. He takes the -3 to attack rolls instead of her.
Immediate Interrupt: When hit by Roxie's attack, Minhua uses Indwelling Ghost. She spends a ghost light and gains insubstantial against the attack.

Free Action: Qieduan uses Sever. She summons a Head minion with her defenses in C10.
Minor Action: Qieduan uses Blood Still Flows. She takes 7 damage and revives her fallen Hand minion.
Move Action: Qieduan moves to B5 and her Hand minion shifts to I6.
Standard Action: Qieduan uses Clinging Grasp (Melee 1 hand), targeting Vivi. 15 vs. AC; miss.
Free Action: EoT, Qieduan's Head minion has not made an attack, so she uses Bloody Breath (Melee 1 head), targeting Caelynn's Mirror Darkly. 23 vs. Fort; Hit. Mirror Darkly is destroyed.

Move Action: Gan Lu Zhen uses Lead Askew. Siroko grants CA UEoMNT. Gan Lu Zhen moves to F7. For each square she moves, she slides Siroko 1 square to a square adjacent to her. This movement does not provoke OAs from Siroko. Siroko ends in F8.
Standard Action: Gan Lu Zhen uses Vampire's Bite (Melee 1), targeting Siroko. 25 vs. Ref; Hit. Siroko takes 8 damage after resists. Ganlu gains 5 THP and can make a saving throw.

Move Action: White Witch Cai Minhua dispels a ghost light to use Ghostly Conveyance. She shifts 6 squares to A10, even if prone, gaining spider climb for the movement. At the end of the movement, she stands up.
Standard Action: Minhua uses Dead Hand (Ranged 3, expending a ghost light to choose a second target). The attack originates from Gan Lu Zhen's square, targeting Caelynn. 26 vs. Ref; Hit. Targeting Vivi. 28 vs. Ref; Hit. Caelynn and Vivi take 10 damage and grant CA UEoMNT. Vivi is pulled to G7*.
*Vivi fall save: 3. Acrobatics: 29. Fall damage: it's 0 now.

Minor Action: Royal Decree. Gan Lu Zhen shifts 3 squares to E6 and gains 5 THP.
Move Action: The Bone King moves to H8.
Standard Action: Kneel Before the King! (Close burst 2). Targeting Caelynn. 35 vs. AC; CRIT! Targeting Siroko. 33 vs. AC; Hit. Targeting Vivi. 17 vs. AC; Miss. Caelynn takes 23 damage. Siroko takes 4 damage after resists. Both are knocked prone. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. While within the zone, The Bone King and his allies are immune to forced movement and cannot be knocked prone.

Move Action: The Accursed Sagong Jun moves to H12.
Standard Action: Jun uses Vision of A Thousand Damnations (Ranged 5), targeting Vivi. 23 vs. Will; Hit. Vivi takes 8 psychic damage and takes -3 to attack rolls (save ends). Vivi, Caelynn and Siroko are marked UEoMNT.
Saving Throw vs. -3 to attacks: 2.
Saving Throw vs. Siroko's mark: 18.

ARENA RULES

OUT OF TURN ACTIONS

• FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 25 / 48 | AC 23 | Fort 16 | Ref 20 | Will 19
    • -3 to attacks; Grant CA; Marked (J)

• FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 53 / 68 | AC 22 | Fort 21 | Ref 18 | Will 18
    • +1 to attacks; Form of Winter's Herald; Grant CA; Marked (J); Prone; Resist 6 all

• FU Caelynn | HP 19 / 48 | AC 22 | Fort 17 | Ref 17 | Will 21
    • Grant CA; Marked (J); Prone

• DTL The Accursed Sagong Jun | HP 104 / 120 | AC 18 | Fort 16 | Ref 16 | Will 16
    • -3 to attacks; Resist 1 all

• DTL The Bone King | HP 82 / 90 | AC 21 | Fort 19 | Ref 16 | Will 16
    • Marked (S)

• DTL Gan Lu Zhen | HP 48+5 / 90 | AC 20 | Fort 16 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • Marked (S); Warlock's Curse

• DTL Qieduan | HP 93 / 100 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • Warlock's Curse

• DTL White Witch Cai Minhua | HP 61 / 90 | AC 20 | Fort 17 | Ref 16 | Will 18
    • Ghost lights: 0

Wol fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 18, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"I serve a higher entity than you, Bone King," Caelynn hisses through her teeth, the beginnings of anger pushing away the pain she has been subjected to. "I spit on your commands!" In the blink of an eye, she appears near Qieduan. Pain from the earlier wound flares up and twists her landing, but all her focus is on Minhua, on the ledge. Even still kneeling, a glow forms around the Rose Knight's head, coalescing into five roses of crimson light that circle around her head, connected by a wreath of glowing thorns, two of which shoot out to position themselves over Minhua's heart and head. "I, the Rose Knight, remain undaunted!" Her voice echoes around the arena now, but her gaze is locked with Minhua. "The stench of death has no hold here anymore! I cast you out!" As her sword rises, one of the roses streaks off like a comet, slamming into the White Witch's face with searing light, leaving her blind and reeling.

Move: Sanctuary's Poise, teleport to 10ft above A8, Acrobatics at 1d20+1=2 fail, still prone, take 5.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Minhua.
Minor: Divine Challenge on Minhua.

ACTION POINT!

Standard: Crown of Stars vs Minhua at 2d20k1+7=23. Hit for 2d12+11+1d10=23 radiant damage, and since Minhua is bloodied, she is blinded UEOMNT.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 14/48 (THP:  )       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 21
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 0

Ardent Strike           [X] Fey Step                         [X] Crown of Stars
Eldritch Strike         [X] Mirror Darkly          
                        [ ] Touch of Grace
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[X] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Crimson Fire: Deal d10 curse damage to enemies under Divine Challenge.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

PDF

Throttled, dropped, cursed, clawed, hexed and commanded, Vivi's teeth grind as she lands in the wake of the Bone King's sweep. Trying to play it cool she looks over her shoulder and mugs for the camera, reaching behind her head and running her hands through her hair! She gives Sagong Jun a wink and blows him a kiss before Shifting ahead, leaving the boys to gawk. (Mark shed!)

Coming up before Gan Lu, Vivi elects to let her trademark knives do the talking. She burns the chems waiting in her organics and slashes wide, then comes in to thrust and is... parried! As she withdraws to a neutral pose her face is utterly dumbfounded. A simple calculation spells out the difference between herself and a real champion in a nanosecond. The corners of her eyes quiver, she bites her lip until she draws a bit of blood, her teeth are already red from the earlier abuse. For a moment it feels like the pressure of this ultimate battle will rattle her straight down to the mechanical support frame, the exposed metal of her fingers beginning to clatter as her hands tremble.

In the midst of building swirls of doubt and panic a single command line cuts through the mental fog and illustrates the path forward: KILL.

Irises blacking out with an absence of light, Vivi puts everything she has into clawing at Gan Lu. She forgets where she is and remembers everything she has done in this disgusting town and in the other podunk suburbs around it, in other holes on the East Coast and with managers a lot less human than Phia. Dozens of amateur Crown fighters are gripped in her hands and flayed by her fingers in place of Gan as the prophetic flashback fuels a frenzy of hysterical flailing! She's so driven that her much-maligned organics begin to rupture at random, small cuts forming from extreme over use past any natural limitations. Blood streams from beside her fully mechanical eyes as she keeps going and accelerates, pressing up to Gan Lu for what would be an intimate approach in any other venue.

Here Vivi seizes both of her hands and closes her fingers down to her own wrists, mangling Gan's. She opens her mouth and extends her canines, then her molars, then her tongue and sprouts blades from them as well. Her jaw dislocates briefly and other knives are flashing off the stadium lighting from every joint on her body before she bursts through her target in her trademark explosive speed burst, landing behind the truck and hidden halfway beneath it before any clumsy living nerves could observe it. She's practically invisible... which helps to hide the shaking and bleeding. A chorus of awful giggling from every free bit of memory she has dances across her consciousness, every line a randomly rising and falling sequence of HahahaHahaHahaHAHAhahahahaHA.

Minor: False Bravado. Vivi sheds the Mark.
Move: Shift to F7.
Standard: Feral Assault vs Gan Ref Natural 1 Clarity Reroll Miss. Profound Flashback to triple reroll and Hit. 33 Damage with burnt Surge for +2d8.
Action Point: Swarm of Shadows vs Gan Fort with Guidance hits for 20 Damage + 5 Ongoing(Save Ends) for 53 Damage before the Ongoing to drop Gan. Vivi Teleports to C8 and turns Invisible.
Save: Save vs -3 Attack passes.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 25/48 (T: 0/5)    	AC:	23	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 1/2 (V: 12)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +8		Ref:	20	Action Points: 0

Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [X] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [X] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Unfettered Hunger
False Bravado           [X] Feral Assault        [ ] Recovery(I)          
Acrobat Boots          [ ] Blood Drinker         [X] Profound Flashback              
                        [ ] Cunning Sneak  
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Clarity [X]
Spike [ ]

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 18, 2018

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Things still going fine, but much to mend, much to mend," mutters Erzbet in a sing-song little voice, stressed but dealing with it.

Roxie looks to be in position to pick off Minhua, which is a big worry that needs to be stomped, so Erzbet gestures and Tiger vanishes- and Roxie sprouts a ghostly third arm that hurls one of her daggers on her behalf. "Hope you don't mind that," says Erzbet, and moves on to the next problem, not even stopping to check her accuracy, which turns out to have sucked.

Tiger reappears behind Qiedan, which sends a surge of energy through Caelynn's wounds and gets her back on her feet. "We can clean up from here. Let's pincer them!"

Standard:Roxie's Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+19 20 1d4+9+2d8+4 25
Tiger vanishes.
Minor: Tiger reappears in A4
Minor: Healing Spirit on Caelynn, who may spend a surge.

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[X][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      

Daily

[ ] Amulet of Elegy
[ ] Centering Cincture

Passives:

K Prime fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 17, 2018

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko kips back up onto her feet with surprising agility, then looks around the battlefield. They're up one, but with the Deathless that can change in an instant. She considers going after Minhua for a moment, but their pre-match strategy sessions are on her mind. Instead she turns towards Jun, sets her feet, and charges in, crashing in on him before he can tangle up any of the other Furies. She keeps one eye on THE BONE KING though, knowing he may choose to intervene. If he does, she plans on making him regret it.

Minor: Stand from prone (Acrobat Boots)

Standard: Charge Jun, moving to G11.
Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+12 26 1d10r2+10 16

Free: Mark all adjacent UEoMNT (Jun).

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
Surges: 13/13 (V: 18)     Passive Perception: 14        FoWH       23/21/18/18

At Will               
Warden's Grasp

Encounter

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [ ] Thunder Step           [x] Form of Winter's Herald
[ ] Bear's Endurance      [ ] Inspiring Word         [ ] Winter's Herald Attack

Items
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)

Passives:
immbolized UEoINT
spent a healing surge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

"Tch, ¿Dónde vas, bruja!?" Roxie sweetly calls as the White Witch skitters away like a spider. Spinning herself east, her vector diagonal to the building, she strides along the wall the old fashioned way - with hard work and sweat. At the apex, where gravity threatens to overtake her, Roxie drives her force downward, then explosively upward into a corkscrew backflip - her bone white sneakers in a million lenses, S&R Ltd. logo on the tongue - before landing on the ledge with her knife at the ready.

Letting out an icy exhalation that coats her weapon in killing frost, she closes the final few feet to Minhua and slashes across the woman's throat - a narrow hit, but a successful one none-the-less.

---

Move: Using Quickling Boots for +1 speed - Athletics: 1d20+10 20 - 4 square jump, move as follows: C16, B16, up to A15 to A11.
Standard: Sly Flourish vs AC: 1d20+17 20, just hits for 1d4+2d8+11 26 + Frost Dagger: 1d8 8 == 34 frost damage

pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
Speed : 6              Action Points : [0]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [x] Jumping Blade Assault     [x] Dragon Breath
[ ] Second Wind

Daily
[x] Spinning Blade Leap    [ ] Go for the Eyes

[x] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[x] Quickling Boots (Encounter, Move)

MBA: +14 attack, 1d4+4 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+5
RBA: +14 attack, 1d4+7 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+8

Conditional:

Passives: