Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm still scratching my head over a 60+ year old Brutus being the headline attraction every single night of a month long tour.

Eh, he was only part of what drew people in. Danny also booked the Kingdom and some guys from DDT, I think he knows booking 80's WWF guys is a niche thing, just like the other stuff is niche.

It's not like they were having him wrestle 10-12 minute matches, either. He's a guest ringside enforcer. They're using nostalgia as a draw, it's a indy wrestling trope at this point.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol I love that Barber thinks he has a reputation beyond the mate of the guy who ruined his reputation being racist.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol I love that Barber thinks he has a reputation beyond the mate of the guy who ruined his reputation being racist.

Supposedly they fell out because Brutus was selling fake autographed 8x10's of Hogan without Hogan's knowledge.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol amazing and I never saw it ending any other way

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Where the hell can I see this bonkers CTV interview with Brutus burying the business and anyone dumb enough to get into it?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

The craziest Brutus interview was the one where he outed The Rockers drugging and raping women. Of course he was telling it as a "hilarious" road story.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

Where the hell can I see this bonkers CTV interview with Brutus burying the business and anyone dumb enough to get into it?

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1536079

He says it around the 1:40-2:00 mark

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 30, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

You're the best.

He comes off like such a bored dipshit here, but the guy promoting the events comes off well and seems personable enough to cover for Brutus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

You're the best.

He comes off like such a bored dipshit here, but the guy promoting the events comes off well and seems personable enough to cover for Brutus.

Danny's a nice man and, believe it or not, a pretty good promoter and a decent wrestler (he's a student of Hotshot Johnny Devine, who I always thought was underrated). I know people are baffled by him booking Brutus and I sorta get it, but they regularly sell out their shows, the one I attended (the first one Brutus bailed on) necessitated putting out more chairs a couple times and had a fun main event of The Kingdom vs Team DDT. Thankfully, Marseglia mostly only came in for double teams.

Oh and just to twist the knife in case you missed this part of his statement: Danny has a very pregnant girlfriend right now. So he's out 1K with a kid on the way. Nice one, Brutus. Thankfully he has 2 other businesses (he's a personal trainer and he also sells wrestling merch in Winnipeg).

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 30, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

don't wipe your nose on the air you flunky cokehead

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Danny Duggan is a good wrestler and a very nice hardworking man

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
There is no way anyone cares that much about Brutus Beefcake.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

coconono posted:

dude you were the Bootyman and never did any good butt jokes.

It's 2018. Let's just be honest with ourselves, for loving ONCE. High Knee is a great joke. It's time to put the lies behind us and admit that High Knee is a great joke.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

quote:

-We are sorry to inform you that Impact Wrestling has pulled LAX off the upcoming EVOLVE dates. EVOLVE officials were contacted by LAX and informed that they were needed for something else that weekend. No other explanation was given. Impact Wrestling didn't contact EVOLVE officials and left it up to LAX. There is no heat on LAX as WWN understands the situation they were put in. EVOLVE officials had told LAX that the plan was to have matches with EVOLVE Tag Team Champions The Street Profits of Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins that weekend. EVOLVE was informed that LAX would not be able to lose in those matches. In order to avoid any political issues, EVOLVE made one night a triple threat match and the other night a six man tag. This would give the fans the LAX vs. Street Profits matches they wanted, while protecting all parties politically. Unfortunately, Impact Wrestling waited until the matches were announced and then pulled the talent the next day. This all could have easily been avoided by not allowing LAX to take the dates in the first place. EVOLVE will no longer consider booking Impact Wrestling contracted talent moving forward. EVOLVE officials are currently working on a replacement and will have news early next week. We apologize for the lineup change, but assure you that EVOLVE will produce something special on for EVOLVE 117 December 15th in Queens, NY and EVOLVE 118 on December 16th in Deer Park, NY. Thank you for your support.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Story-Behind-Impact-Pulling-LAX-Off-EVOLVE-Plus-More.html?soid=1103872774606&aid=k6rYMu8jXPs

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

^^prime gabe whining. Also omitting the fact he booked the match without clearing it between WWE or TNA offices.

Explosions posted:

It's 2018. Let's just be honest with ourselves, for loving ONCE. High Knee is a great joke. It's time to put the lies behind us and admit that High Knee is a great joke.

goddammit. I just got that.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

There is no way anyone cares that much about Brutus Beefcake.
Yeah, seriously, who the hell is the fan for whom "Brutus Beefcake will be there!" is the key bit which sells the show to them? And are there really enough of those people to justify the expense of hiring him?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Warthur posted:

Yeah, seriously, who the hell is the fan for whom "Brutus Beefcake will be there!" is the key bit which sells the show to them? And are there really enough of those people to justify the expense of hiring him?

I dunno, they're touring the assend of human civilization, maybe Brutus still draws with the icehut dwellers of the far north.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ProWresLand/status/1068622194253709312

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Does GCW have a streaming service?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given WWE having agreements with various wrestling companies around the world, PWG has got to be considered as one of those companies that has an agreement with WWE, right?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

No

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

The only working agreement WWE has with PWG is a seaon ticket with backstage access for William Regal, but that's it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who PWG field for BOLA and DDT4 going forward will be very interesting then.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pretty sure the only WWE wrestler in BOLA this year was Travis Banks who pulled out anyway. They'll probably just rely more on Japanese/Mexican imports like they did this year.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

drat, PCO getting signed just got him pulled from the Blitzkrieg show tonight. That's a bit disappointing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lmao

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Who signed PCO?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

roh lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't laugh at the buzz

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would never laugh at nxt

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'd suggest you start watching death matches on youtube and joining us in Bang Town for CMLL. In 2019 the only guys left will be luchadores and death match guys.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

But whose side is Chuck Taylor on!?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

I'd suggest you start watching death matches on youtube and joining us in Bang Town for CMLL. In 2019 the only guys left will be luchadores and death match guys.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1068745547056627712

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*extremely futuristic chrome voice*

code:
In the dark hellscape cyber future of 2019 the only wrestling that exists is WWE, NXT, NXT UK, NXT Brazil and NXT The Moon 
but one man will fight back against the Connecticut hordes and their WWE RoboUniverse to save the future for us all 

This Summer

LA Park Is

WRESTLER OF THE YEAR

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

this is both lucha and a death match because one of those old men on last nights cmll show could have died at any minute

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Some related stuff to the Brutus Beefcake/Canadian tour drama. Kelly Klein, who did a similar tour a while back has some detailed notes about what she had to go thru. Thread starts here:

https://twitter.com/RealKellyKlein/status/1068932043210440704

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

Some related stuff to the Brutus Beefcake/Canadian tour drama. Kelly Klein, who did a similar tour a while back has some detailed notes about what she had to go thru. Thread starts here:

https://twitter.com/RealKellyKlein/status/1068932043210440704

I'll take KK's word over Bruti's and I already know those far north tours take you to some fringey bits of human civilization so I'm willing to concede that Brutus might be in the right of it. The bit about the naked dude in his room is pretty bonkers tho

coconono fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 2, 2018

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Explosions posted:

But whose side is Chuck Taylor on!?
Which side is more chill about domestic abuse?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What is the best GCW shows this year? I have wanted to get into it since All In and no time like the present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

What is the best GCW shows this year? I have wanted to get into it since All In and no time like the present

Anything booked by Joey Janela, the Tournament of Survival and the Nick Gage Invitational.