Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao, it's literally impossible to unsheath your sword when it's on your back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Not unless you pull so hard that you rip open your $20 tactical vest.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

When you have studied the blade,

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Maybe for you, Baka Gaijin.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Geralt does it all the time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Those helmets look so dorky. I know actual military wears them, but it makes them look dorky too.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Mormons seem to think so, at least. The proscription is against "hot drinks" which is apparently coffee and some teas because they contain caffeine, but it's ok to drink hot chocolate (and chocolate has caffeine in it) and also soda or iced tea which contains caffeine. It's all hosed up.

Like literally they think if they get splashed with coffee by accident in the break room at work they'll burst into flames?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

Geralt does it all the time.
So does Leonardo, and he's only got three fingers.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

twistedmentat posted:

Like literally they think if they get splashed with coffee by accident in the break room at work they'll burst into flames?

No, of course not. Their underwear will protect them.

Serious answer: They don't drink coffee and tea because Joseph Smith said not to.

And he very likely said not to because it was a piece of health woo that was popular at the time.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Paladinus posted:

Please post your EDC

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Burt Sexual posted:

Please post your EDC

It's all cockrings, no phone, no keys, tons of cockrings, no lube.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Burt Sexual posted:

Please post your EDC
http://bestmultitoolkit.com/reviews/leatherman-charge-tti-review-26-1-leather-sheath/ :swoon:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

AHHH. I was just telling someone about this last night. There is something approaching adorableness about how much James Joyce was obsessed with his wife, but to what end, you horny bastard?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Burt Sexual posted:

Please post your EDC

Tupperware bowls of spaghetti of varying sizes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

cash crab posted:

AHHH. I was just telling someone about this last night. There is something approaching adorableness about how much James Joyce was obsessed with his wife, but to what end, you horny bastard?

I'm honestly morbidly curious how wild Nora was honestly. Because the letters suggest she's down with all this kinky stuff, but I haven't read any letters from her to him.So for all I know she could be pretty vanilla but just really open to indulging in all the weird farting business her husband obsesses over.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

not sure what's up with the dude's head but that sweater he's rockin owns

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

cartoon-itus isn't something to joke about friend

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

cash crab posted:

You know exactly which end. :heysexy:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIRedvXGmYo

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

I see Brak found out about Clairol for Men.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ladies love cool James.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Better ROI than bitcoin.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Panfilo posted:

I'm honestly morbidly curious how wild Nora was honestly. Because the letters suggest she's down with all this kinky stuff, but I haven't read any letters from her to him.So for all I know she could be pretty vanilla but just really open to indulging in all the weird farting business her husband obsesses over.

Probably a little from each column. The letters were written while Joyce was in Ireland trying to sell 'Dubliners' (to a publisher in Dublin, appropriately) and Nora was living in Italy, and sending dirty letters back and forth would have been a way to keep him thinking of her since he was not a very sexually faithful man. On the other hand, they do seem to have really been in love (they were a couple for 27 years before they married, which was pretty scandalous for the time, but does not seem to have bothered either of them).

Joyce was punctilious about polite language in his everyday life. I guess it's pretty flattering, in its weird way, if an uptight genius confesses that the passion you alone can unleash drives him into a secret frenzy of smut. Apparently Nora didn't read the majority of Joyce's books, presumably for dread of what snippets of their personal life she might find. Still, her letters were spicy enough to have been destroyed by her executors (maybe Stephen Joyce, her grandson, as suggested by the owner of the site that had the excerpts on it):

quote:

If I remember rightly the long-gone and out of print book from which these came actually mentioned that after Nora’s death, Stephen Joyce (I think) did destroy the counterparts to these letters written by her. Joyce’s letters were already elsewhere and beyond his reach, so he had to settle for pressurising the publishers of the book and anybody else who sought to reproduce the material.

The real Awkward in this tale might be financial. 14 years ago, a single one of Joyce's randy missives to Nora sold for almost £250K, which may still be the world record for a C20 letter sold at auction (Joyce's ordinary letters tend to be more in the 10-30K range). OK, Nora is not the world-famous writer of the couple, but even so, my guess is that whoever got rid of her letters probably destroyed at least half a million pounds' worth of literary flatulence.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Under capitalism your weird fetish can be your paycheck. I have literally looked into financial domming for rent. Not so liberal now are you, furry artists. Checkmate.

I'm high online.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Maybe it's just because I grew up in the age of the internet, but Joyce's horniness for his wife's farts seems so benign it's almost cute.

Still made me gag a bit, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mozart sent letters to his cousin that had stuff like "my rear end burns! What is wrong? Oh muck, muck wants to come out! Now I can smell and taste it!".

The idea that because someone was a great artist and held up as some bastion of culture, doesn't mean they couldn't be juvenile and perverse.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Every person, no matter how much they manage to accomplish, is still a person and people are inherently gross and weird.

Pick your favorite artist, celebrity, scientist, or...well anything, really. Now imagine them passed out drunk on their front lawn with no pants on. There's a very good chance they were in that situation or a similar one at least once.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 02:32 on Dec 3, 2018

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

twistedmentat posted:

Mozart sent letters to his cousin that had stuff like "my rear end burns! What is wrong? Oh muck, muck wants to come out! Now I can smell and taste it!".

The idea that because someone was a great artist and held up as some bastion of culture, doesn't mean they couldn't be juvenile and perverse.

I like how in Amadeus they made Mozart as this colossal manchild with an incredibly annoying laugh. All his mannerisms were done in a way to gently caress with Salieri. It wasn't enough that he was a musical prodigy he had to be an incredibly insufferable one as well *laughs autistically*

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/Pier21/status/1068531865764720645?s=20

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

T-man posted:

Under capitalism your weird fetish can be your paycheck. I have literally looked into financial domming for rent. Not so liberal now are you, furry artists. Checkmate.

I'm high online.

You keep saving those farty letters for your retirement. May their fragrance haunt you long into your dotage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Panfilo posted:

I like how in Amadeus they made Mozart as this colossal manchild with an incredibly annoying laugh. All his mannerisms were done in a way to gently caress with Salieri. It wasn't enough that he was a musical prodigy he had to be an incredibly insufferable one as well *laughs autistically*

While that movie is incredibly inaccurate, that part is. It's still such a good movie.

Panfilo posted:

Hopefully that moment isn't hiding a 14 year old in your house until she's 18, or paying parents to get them to make you an underaged girls guardian so you could take them on tour to have sex with.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

quote:

From all accounts, the young adults of the 1930's in the new Yugoslavia faced poverty and hunger, and when WWII was declared, many young men signed up with the German army, if only in hope of a better economic future. Having been born German speaking, and still having an allegiance to his Austrian roots, my father Vincenz was no exception. He and his elder brother joined the Gendarmerie, and they became experts in counter-sabotage of the railway line.

Every young man had to choose, no matter how willing he was to fight, which side he would be on. The choices were to join the local communists (partisans), or the German army or its paramilitary. For a thoughtful man with holes in his shoes, the choice was still a difficult one to make.

Many loved ones were lost during the war, including the beloved Austrian employers of my mother, who were killed by local communists for their land holdings. Her best friend since childhood, daughter of this landowner, had to flee for her life and leave the country under cover of night.

After the war, my father along with thousands of others who had fought against the communists were taken as political prisoners, by now enraged local partisans. They suffered starvation and daily beatings at the hands of people they once lived and worked with. My father became gravely ill with yellow jaundice while imprisoned.
Great way to gloss over...something...

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

According to the twitter thread, the gendarmarie didn't exist anymore at that time because they were absorbed into the nazi police run by the ss

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Paladinus posted:

Oh yeah? Think again, "Paladinus".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EWi2DnDoaI

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Hopefully that moment isn't hiding a 14 year old in your house until she's 18, or paying parents to get them to make you an underaged girls guardian so you could take them on tour to have sex with.

Classic rock musicians can be goldmines of AUG but the best (and generally most harmless) is how loads of them looked like huge dorks.

I mean, look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2D8Eo15wE

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Classic rock musicians can be goldmines of AUG but the best (and generally most harmless) is how loads of them looked like huge dorks.

I mean, look at this:

so this is what boomers did when you could buy a house for $2k

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

I mean, look at this:

My favorite part is the bassist having basically nothing to do.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

twistedmentat posted:

While that movie is incredibly inaccurate, that part is. It's still such a good movie.

Ted Nugent? scumfuck indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

AlmightyBob posted:

According to the twitter thread, the gendarmarie didn't exist anymore at that time because they were absorbed into the nazi police run by the ss

The original tweet is gone, but as a filthy ex-Yugo myself, I'm curious... was that person talking about why they emigrated to Canada and saying "Oh, my Nazi collaborator father was persecuted after WWII so we had to leave?"