Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't be racist towards vampires we are not a cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

It’s suspicious to me that your read on b- is “I can’t read him” and then you go on to case a bunch of other lurkers

I was just thinking about your case on b-minus, Murmur-san!

No one else seemed to respond much at all to your earlier case on him... even when they did take the time to weigh in on others. Isn't that surprising, when you made such a strong effort on that case!

I wonder why that is?

I hope more people pay attention to it.

##vote b-minus

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote b-minus

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Kitiara posted:

I can relate to this, but can you tell us who you are leaning on at the moment?

I need more time to read the thread. Not 100% sure how I feel about the b- vote. While I can see how it began with the whole "I think Sal is scum but not state any reason why", I am apprehensive of how it got to -2 relatively quickly.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Bifu to my tremendous regret because her flavour screams evil.

Huh? Even Nat suspects me now? That stings...

I am always on the side of hope, which is the ultimate good.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Kitiara posted:

What do you think about this post, Yami?

I literally commented on this earlier. Please pay attention.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

I need more time to read the thread. Not 100% sure how I feel about the b- vote. While I can see how it began with the whole "I think Sal is scum but not state any reason why", I am apprehensive of how it got to -2 relatively quickly.

Did you mean b- or imgay? B- is actually at -5 at the moment. I agree that the b- vote kind of escalated. imgay votes makes sense (if b- becomes option #2, then there's a good opportunity for imgay to save himself), but bif's post felt a bit scummy. MMT's case on b- is that he said "they played a few games since fate mafia".... and he said "I felt pings on Sal". I agree that the latter really came off as scummy, but the first was a bit grasping.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I literally commented on this earlier. Please pay attention.

Sorry! Just read it and I can say that I agree with it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How interesting!

Kitiara posted:

Your response didn’t sell me as town, but it was probably more aggressive than what i think scum would be so I’m still not voting for you, but will be carefully watching your posts. Ta.

Kit had only weak suspicion of me before. They walked it back a bit, seeming to decide that I could be town who just looks scummy.

And despite their suspicion of me, Kit had no problems agreeing with me about someone else, in the case of jimmy.

But when I bring up b-minus, suddenly I sound scummy again.

Things are really getting exciting!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy, I know you'd prefer to be rid of imgay even in an average game where he hasn't made outlandish claims. And I know your highness needs his new-meta time to prepare... but can you ignore some solid D1 activity like this in good conscience?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

How interesting!

Kit had only weak suspicion of me before. They walked it back a bit, seeming to decide that I could be town who just looks scummy.

And despite their suspicion of me, Kit had no problems agreeing with me about someone else, in the case of jimmy.

But when I bring up b-minus, suddenly I sound scummy again.

Things are really getting exciting!

lol this is me in a nutshell, and I can't stop doing it despite getting called out on it every game. I'm a confused mess in general, but I think it steams from my "always seeing both side of the argument" personality. I'm a very agreeable person! A person might be trash scum, but I'm sure there don't lie about everything!

Anyways, I'm sure that I say and do things all the time which in hindsight might seem scummy. I see it happening to town players all the time (since scum are normally a lot more cautious than we are), which is why I try to not let it all hang on one scummy sounding post.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Kitiara posted:

A person might be trash scum, but I'm sure there don't lie about everything!

Adding to this, as town... I have absolutely no certainty that you are scum, so despite my gut feels, I acknowledge that I may be wrong about them and agree with the things that a scummy sounding player is saying. Then hopefully other players can comment on those interactions and they can open up conversation.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (6): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Kitiara, Anonymous
b-minus1 (3): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, imgay
Yami Fenrir (1): jimmydalad
Bifauxnen (1): Yami Fenrir
Murmur Twin (1): SalTheBard
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Lynch No One! (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
jimmydalad (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kitiara, Kitiara
Kitiara (0): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (4): peramene, Podima, Rhjamiz, SolusLunes

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 13 hours, 49 minutes.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

No one else seemed to respond much at all to your earlier case on him... even when they did take the time to weigh in on others. Isn't that surprising, when you made such a strong effort on that case!

I wonder why that is?

##vote b-minus

I will admit I didn't really think much on the case because my read on binus was 'hey he says sal's scum, sal doesn't seem scummy' and then I looked back at Murmur's posts and there's this:

Murmur Twin posted:

Humalong says he has a scum read on Sal. B- jumps in to agree without really clarifying why. Then, Bif asks Sal if he's still referencing Fate/Stay and if the two of us have played together since.

My first question would be "why are you basing a case on how someone's responding to somebody not in the game" but nobody's been modkilled, and Asiina hasn't asked humalong to stop, so I assume this is somebody's power (and imgay is all but claiming it).

I mean, the tunneling worked last time I played with you, and things are fucky already. That, and I don't think Sal's scum. So it's possible that binus is just jumping on an opportunistic read... from someone not in the game. :shrug:

##vote binus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

I wonder why that is?

##vote b-minus

:cawg:

Fuckin lol. So you guys are definitely scumbos right

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Huh? Even Nat suspects me now? That stings...

I am always on the side of hope, which is the ultimate good.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora's_box

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I’ll be honest, i am shocked about the lack of dayvigs

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

chaoslord posted:

I’ll be honest, i am shocked about the lack of dayvigs

well I mean Retro dayvigged himself and JJ out

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SolusLunes posted:

My first question would be "why are you basing a case on how someone's responding to somebody not in the game" but nobody's been modkilled, and Asiina hasn't asked humalong to stop, so I assume this is somebody's power (and imgay is all but claiming it).

When someone posts in a Mafia game, do you usually go back and check to make sure they're in the player list or do you just kinda assume that they're a player until it's pointed out?

Also, :350:

quote:

I mean, the tunneling worked last time I played with you, and things are fucky already. That, and I don't think Sal's scum. So it's possible that binus is just jumping on an opportunistic read... from someone not in the game. :shrug:

##vote binus

On one hand I do think he's scum - he reads to me like he wanted to justify a scum case on Sal by implying that Sal's jokephase comments were suspicious.

On the other, I'm concerned at how little I've had to push in order for momentum to build up on b-minus. Historically, that means I'm steering my players towards a losing bet and scum is happy to let it happen.

B- : what's the case on your strongest scum suspect?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SolusLunes posted:

well I mean Retro dayvigged himself and JJ out

Yeah, so we had one?

I think some folks are sitting on some dayvigs right now and I don’t like it :colbert:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I do not like this assumption that I am not part of the game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

imgay can i become a vampire? The living have nothing for me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Except blood

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

When someone posts in a Mafia game, do you usually go back and check to make sure they're in the player list or do you just kinda assume that they're a player until it's pointed out?

okay that's a fair assumption

Murmur Twin posted:

On one hand I do think he's scum - he reads to me like he wanted to justify a scum case on Sal by implying that Sal's jokephase comments were suspicious.

On the other, I'm concerned at how little I've had to push in order for momentum to build up on b-minus. Historically, that means I'm steering my players towards a losing bet and scum is happy to let it happen.

Are you... not tunneling? :eyepop:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Here is another Slord Role that I didn’t go with:

I always read MMT as scum so I was trying to come up with a a MurmurCop. Couldn’t decide if that meant that I would just cop MMT each night, or if it would be something like I received whatever results PM she received, or even going as far as to just getting her role PM.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

Like I feel like town b-minus would have cased me/bif/Sal by now, no?

SolusLunes posted:

Are you... not tunneling? :eyepop:

I'm trying my hardest not to :ohdearsass:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Here is another Slord Role that I didn’t go with:

I always read MMT as scum so I was trying to come up with a a MurmurCop. Couldn’t decide if that meant that I would just cop MMT each night, or if it would be something like I received whatever results PM she received, or even going as far as to just getting her role PM.

Hahaha oh man I wish you had done that, that'd be hilarious (or did you? :tinfoil:)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Murmur Twin posted:

Other than bif, whose vote looks scummy af, I don’t have one. This game is surprisingly dead, or at least day one has been slower than usual. Would be down for a lurker lynch

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also of note: I have enough belief/fear in the "imgay being a cult recruiter" theory that I'm open to the idea that even if b- is scum, imgay is a better vote.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait Humalong isn't in the game?

THIS IS WHY I MAKE SPREADSHEETS.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

chaoslord posted:

I always read MMT as scum so I was trying to come up with a a MurmurCop.

I think this would be your role.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Murmur Twin posted:

Like I feel like town b-minus would have cased me/bif/Sal by now, no?

No.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
But Im all for jumpstarting this game a bit. I wasted too much time :f5:ing this forum yesterday waiting for more people to post

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Natural 20 posted:

Wait Humalong isn't in the game?

THIS IS WHY I MAKE SPREADSHEETS.

Humalong is apparently in the game, but vote immune. What threw me off was that he's not even in the player list in the OP.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Also of note: I have enough belief/fear in the "imgay being a cult recruiter" theory that I'm open to the idea that even if b- is scum, imgay is a better vote.

I mean, it could be possible that he's a classic vampire? https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vampire

Or he's trying to make us believe that he's a vampire, and that us lynching him in fear of a cult would just make him scum.

imgay are you keeping it 100?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

I mean, it could be possible that he's a classic vampire? https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vampire

Or he's trying to make us believe that he's a vampire, and that us lynching him in fear of a cult would just make him scum.

imgay are you keeping it 100?

Ah geez what the hell, I've never heard of that before. :eng99:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

I found it when I was looking for good roles for the magical girls game!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh wow, even I've not heard that role.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

How disappointing... is that really the extent of your hope? Such a simple and thoughtless retort?

Murmur Twin posted:

Murmur-san...?

imgay is still at -2 while b-minus has only just now got up to -4, and one of those votes is from imgay himself, who's pretty obviously voting to defend themselves... really it's more like you finally had just one person agree with you, who convinced one more.

Do you not believe in your case? Do you think Kitiara is right to find the case on jimmy superior while ignoring yours, and defending him?

b-minus1 posted:

Other than bif, whose vote looks scummy af, I don’t have one. This game is surprisingly dead, or at least day one has been slower than usual. Would be down for a lurker lynch

I'm sure a loser like me must look scummy to all of you, but this defense... is even more unworthy.

b-minus1 posted:

But Im all for jumpstarting this game a bit. I wasted too much time :f5:ing this forum yesterday waiting for more people to post

This game has had several accusations and conflicts already, but you give up in despair, claiming there's not enough for you to interact with... I can't overlook this. Isn't it about time you came clean?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima-kun... you've been so quiet.

I've been waiting to hear your thoughts, since I feel like you're one of the people I'm closest to in this game... like maybe you at least can start to understand me. We both have special feelings towards Hope's Peak, don't we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Murmur Twin posted:

Asiina posted:

You do not get to determine your alignment. I will be choosing that.

• Locked thread