Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

Murmur-san...?

imgay is still at -2 while b-minus has only just now got up to -4, and one of those votes is from imgay himself, who's pretty obviously voting to defend themselves... really it's more like you finally had just one person agree with you, who convinced one more.

Do you not believe in your case? Do you think Kitiara is right to find the case on jimmy superior while ignoring yours, and defending him?

I always believe in my cases! To a fault, sometimes.

quote:

I'm sure a loser like me must look scummy to all of you, but this defense... is even more unworthy.

If you were a loser, you wouldn't be here right now :rolldice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If anyone would like a confessional in the discord, hit me up and I will make one for you.

These will be viewable to spectators and the dead, but no other players. A private place to share your thoughts.

Honestly I expect like 3 people to take advantage of this, but I'm offering it to anyone.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asiina posted:

If anyone would like a confessional in the discord, hit me up and I will make one for you.

These will be viewable to spectators and the dead, but no other players. A private place to share your thoughts.

Honestly I expect like 3 people to take advantage of this, but I'm offering it to anyone.

please

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Podima-kun... you've been so quiet.

I've been waiting to hear your thoughts, since I feel like you're one of the people I'm closest to in this game... like maybe you at least can start to understand me. We both have special feelings towards Hope's Peak, don't we?

Hello I am here, just finished a full reread and will be around for a bit before I need to drive home

Quickfire feelings:
- imgay submitted the same role for a previous CYOR game that I can’t find easily on my phone. Imgay which one was it, if you recall? Regardless I think the meta related push on him lacks value especially with existing day 1 content being pretty good! I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit. Thank you!
- town reads on Jimmy (yes reversal of prior statement), Bif, and MMT.
- I see the b- vote and could go that way, but I’d like people to look at pera. She hasn’t voted a single time today and her posts feel uniformly manufactured to be sidelong comments without laying down actual game opinions.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idr it involved baby animals i think

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
VoteFinder: CYOR Adorable Baby Animal Mafia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

Hello I am here, just finished a full reread and will be around for a bit before I need to drive home

Quickfire feelings:
- imgay submitted the same role for a previous CYOR game that I can’t find easily on my phone. Imgay which one was it, if you recall? Regardless I think the meta related push on him lacks value especially with existing day 1 content being pretty good! I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit. Thank you!
- town reads on Jimmy (yes reversal of prior statement), Bif, and MMT.
- I see the b- vote and could go that way, but I’d like people to look at pera. She hasn’t voted a single time today and her posts feel uniformly manufactured to be sidelong comments without laying down actual game opinions.

Here is my comment:

I am voting imgay and stand by that vote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Forgot from original post, would also look at Kitiara - there’s the newbie aspect to consider but a lot of her jumping around of opinions doesn’t feel natural, as well as her settling on some lurkers (but not others) before going back to imgay.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Here is my comment:

I am voting imgay and stand by that vote

Be honest: is it because of this game or prior games? Do you think imgay is scum in this game?

I’m not here to defend imgay as a player but I want people to be upfront about their rationalization because he is an easy mis-execute push and everyone knows it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

VoteFinder: CYOR Adorable Baby Animal Mafia

Thanks!

For reference:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Hmm... I see your point, Podima-kun.

But with someone like pera-sempai, I like to reserve judgement for a little bit longer. I don't think I've ever seen her dive right in giving reads at first. She tends to need a bit of warming up.

I'd be happy to revisit it tomorrow!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

...Someone shows up as "Anonymous" on the votefinder, and it links to Asiina's Day 1 post.

That's extremely odd.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhjamiz posted:

...Someone shows up as "Anonymous" on the votefinder, and it links to Asiina's Day 1 post.

That's extremely odd.

its from my own mistake, not anyone elses action

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

Be honest: is it because of this game or prior games? Do you think imgay is scum in this game?

I’m not here to defend imgay as a player but I want people to be upfront about their rationalization because he is an easy mis-execute push and everyone knows it.

I don’t know if he is scum. Examine his posting, though. It is not going to change. Is this a player you want at end game? If you can read someone else and say “I strongly feel this person is scum”, great. I don’t have that vibe on anyone and, absent that, I’m going to do what I think will maximize towns chance to win.

It’s CYOR. Imgay probably had a trolly role picked out. Iirc he picked “make everyone’s role opposite” in a previous one. If this weren’t CYOR I don’t think I would push this vote (in yamis game which I never want to talk about again, the big driver for me pushing imgay in the first place was a 3p claim), but things are probably going to get wild and since I don’t have someone I’d rather vote I’m going to push here. Much like that forbidden game, if the rest of y’all disagree? I’m not going to bring it up d2+ without a bona fide scum read. But D1 is the perfect time to try to cut this in this game imo.

Plus his posts don’t always unspoil for me on mobile when I try to read them and it’s just a hassle to deal with.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rhjamiz posted:

That's extremely odd.

It’s an anon vote on imgay because he failed his post restriction if his role is the same as previous CYOR I posted a screenshot of. Anon votes always link to the start of day in votefinder.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

imgay posted:

its from my own mistake, not anyone elses action

That makes sense.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

I don’t know if he is scum. Examine his posting, though. It is not going to change. Is this a player you want at end game? If you can read someone else and say “I strongly feel this person is scum”, great. I don’t have that vibe on anyone and, absent that, I’m going to do what I think will maximize towns chance to win.

Maximize town's chances to win...? We need to give actual scum reads so we can find out who the killers are. Or perhaps you don't want to try, Doctor? Maybe you don't care about what happens if we execute a symbol of hope?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaoslord posted:

It’s CYOR. Imgay probably had a trolly role picked out. Iirc he picked “make everyone’s role opposite” in a previous one. If this weren’t CYOR I don’t think I would push this vote (in yamis game which I never want to talk about again, the big driver for me pushing imgay in the first place was a 3p claim), but things are probably going to get wild and since I don’t have someone I’d rather vote I’m going to push here. Much like that forbidden game, if the rest of y’all disagree? I’m not going to bring it up d2+ without a bona fide scum read. But D1 is the perfect time to try to cut this in this game imo.

Plus his posts don’t always unspoil for me on mobile when I try to read them and it’s just a hassle to deal with.

my postings inline with like half the thread, you just singling me out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

This is fair and I appreciate you taking the time to elaborate. Could you please look back at Kit, pera, and B-?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

This is fair and I appreciate you taking the time to elaborate. Could you please look back at Kit, pera, and B-?

Sure, I’ll get you my thoughts on those folks by 4 central. Didn’t have much a chance to do anything yesterday so I’m getting in some quality PoLeGo time currently

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I made a mistake as I misread votefinder mixing up b- and Imgay respectively. I’m in similar minds about imgay in that he is the easiest day 1 patsy for scum to piggyback on. I am leery of Clord’s reasoning being primarily based on their feelings as a player rather than him being actually scummy. I don’t think we should be hemmoraging ourselves and it feels like quite a bit of bad faith coming from the assumption that imgay has a troll role.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

I made a mistake as I misread votefinder mixing up b- and Imgay respectively. I’m in similar minds about imgay in that he is the easiest day 1 patsy for scum to piggyback on. I am leery of Clord’s reasoning being primarily based on their feelings as a player rather than him being actually scummy. I don’t think we should be hemmoraging ourselves and it feels like quite a bit of bad faith coming from the assumption that imgay has a troll role.

Podima posted:

Thanks!

For reference:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmm... I see your point, Podima-kun.

But with someone like pera-sempai, I like to reserve judgement for a little bit longer. I don't think I've ever seen her dive right in giving reads at first. She tends to need a bit of warming up.

I'd be happy to revisit it tomorrow!

Also I see and acknowledge this, but naturally want others’ input.

If anyone has cases/folks they want me to look at in turn, toss them at me - I’m sitting in a coffee shop waiting for podwife to finish her exam. :sludgepal:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Ok. Admittedly, that is s pretty trolly role.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

To this point, finishing an earlier thought - if this is imgay’s role (I’m assuming it is tbh since that’s even from an earlier Asiina CYOR game) there are two things to consider:

1) role does not indicate alignment in this game
2) the role, taken in isolation, does indeed lean neutral to slightly anti-town (since town he bites could slip up and get anon votes on them) as well as physically makes the thread a little harder to read.

(And yes imgay is frustrating sometimes as a player, but I will devil’s advocate that he played well in Verge recently, and was Not Town in Amaranth)

That aside, none of this makes him a slam dunk D1 vote and (as previously mentioned) there’s enough other content out there to examine that anyone voting him to the exclusion of all else seems suspect in turn. He shouldn’t be the sole topic of conversation, and I’m gonna stop bringing him up after this as much as I can to avoid that.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my role is a variant of last time not the same.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

there’s enough other content out there to examine

He shouldn’t be the sole topic of conversation

:thunk:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

I will accept this. But does this make you my senpai squared?

yes

Natural 20 posted:

Bifu to my tremendous regret because her flavour screams evil.

you dummy

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this would be your role.

@dick burgundy hey we have our scum faction for our game

Podima posted:

I’d like people to look at pera. She hasn’t voted a single time today and her posts feel uniformly manufactured to be sidelong comments without laying down actual game opinions.

"pera plays exactly like she always does which deffo means she's scum; even when she's explicitly said it's how she'll play"

(technically i did vote but he killed himself before i posted the post)

imgay posted:

i have changed it again. pray i do not change it further

in that your alignment is different? got emmm

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
@dick bastardly oh my god sara

also ##vote stay of execution

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I won’t vote imgay

In retrospect :lol: this was a good post

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (6): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Kitiara, Anonymous
b-minus1 (4): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, imgay, SolusLunes
Yami Fenrir (1): jimmydalad
Bifauxnen (1): Yami Fenrir
Lynch No One! (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, peramene
Murmur Twin (1): SalTheBard
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
jimmydalad (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kitiara, Kitiara
Kitiara (0): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (2): Podima, Rhjamiz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 46 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Podima posted:

Also I see and acknowledge this, but naturally want others’ input.

If anyone has cases/folks they want me to look at in turn, toss them at me - I’m sitting in a coffee shop waiting for podwife to finish her exam. :sludgepal:

I would like you to look at my bif case and tell me what you think about it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kitiara posted:

I already explained my position on why I had the scum opinion of them. Yeah it’s gasping at straws a bit, but it’s day 1. It’s not like we have a lot to go on. I don’t think that lynching that would yield better info than lynching you but I think there’s a good chance that one of them is scum. I think that letting lurkers go free because “we won’t get any info by lynching them” isn’t a good strategy. Scum take advantage of lurking and you can normally find them in lurkers.

I still imgay’s weird vampire thing is possibly third party and the better lunch today. I’m leaving my vote on jimmy for now though to see how he responds to it.

Kit, among many other things (jumping around to call out some lurkers but not others) why are you hunting 3p instead of scum here?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

To this point, finishing an earlier thought - if this is imgay’s role (I’m assuming it is tbh since that’s even from an earlier Asiina CYOR game) there are two things to consider:

1) role does not indicate alignment in this game
2) the role, taken in isolation, does indeed lean neutral to slightly anti-town (since town he bites could slip up and get anon votes on them) as well as physically makes the thread a little harder to read.

(And yes imgay is frustrating sometimes as a player, but I will devil’s advocate that he played well in Verge recently, and was Not Town in Amaranth)

That aside, none of this makes him a slam dunk D1 vote and (as previously mentioned) there’s enough other content out there to examine that anyone voting him to the exclusion of all else seems suspect in turn. He shouldn’t be the sole topic of conversation, and I’m gonna stop bringing him up after this as much as I can to avoid that.

A) We have no idea what his alignment is and pretty much never will short of flipping him. Because he's imgay.
B) He is an asset to scum in 95% of his games, regardless of his actual rolled alignment.
C) He is going to make this game unreadable even if we take his claim at face value and yes, potentially get townies killed through having to adhere to his spreading PR infection.

---

I'm actually kind of tired of smart people advocating for imgay on D1. This is the ONLY day in a game where imgay can be cuddled because after this there will always be better leads. Scum will NEVER kill imgay. So if you don't cuddle him D1, he makes it to end game, and in most cases ruins it.

I HATE that people make me type this poo poo out, because I feel bad about it. I'm sure imgay is a really cool dude and I hate to be THAT guy for him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Didn't I already comment on those briefly? I'm fairly sure I did.

A little bit briefer than I thought. Basically, my problem with that exchange was the following:

I feel like your reaction is heavily overblown here. While I don't necesarily agree with Kit there, I can see the logic behind it. It's also not necessarily worth voting someone over, in my opinion.

It's ESPECIALLY not worth going "You're saying all this bad stuff about me but not voting!1!1! over. " It's a snappy response to an okayish point. One that essentially ignores the point of the argument made to attack an easy 'weak point' of it.

For what it's worth, this post is needlessly defensive, but it seems more levelheaded and honest than Bif's response to me. Which, incidentally, makes Humalong's response even more jarring to me:

This is the only post Humalong made about the exchange. It looks too much of an attempt to jump on a bandwagon for me to ignore. Especially since they didn't comment on Bif's side of that exchange whatsoever, and the rest of their post history seems to be largely filler.

I don’t really agree with your points here against Bif. Kit’s original prod against Bif felt pretty hedgey and a response of (posting gimmick aside) “well if you think I’m scum where’s the vote” prod in return was perfectly reasonable and in character for Bif. I also don’t really see how Kit’s defensive post in return (over a single vote) makes her look at all better than Bif. It is worth pointing out the scum tendency to try and carefully craft their posts to avoid suspicion (eg. Manufactured posts) which is mostly what jumped out at me from the same qualities you call “levelheaded” in her reply.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So this is all your hope amounts to... the high and mighty, justifying themselves to scapegoat the weak in the name of "justice"...

I'll end your game of self-righteous hypocrisy!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

So this is all your hope amounts to... the high and mighty, justifying themselves to scapegoat the weak in the name of "justice"...

I'll end your game of self-righteous hypocrisy!

If your PR is being wrong, you are doing a really good job. :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

If your PR is being wrong, you are doing a really good job. :)

Sore wa chigau yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

A) We have no idea what his alignment is and pretty much never will short of flipping him. Because he's imgay.
B) He is an asset to scum in 95% of his games, regardless of his actual rolled alignment.
C) He is going to make this game unreadable even if we take his claim at face value and yes, potentially get townies killed through having to adhere to his spreading PR infection.

---

I'm actually kind of tired of smart people advocating for imgay on D1. This is the ONLY day in a game where imgay can be cuddled because after this there will always be better leads. Scum will NEVER kill imgay. So if you don't cuddle him D1, he makes it to end game, and in most cases ruins it.

I HATE that people make me type this poo poo out, because I feel bad about it. I'm sure imgay is a really cool dude and I hate to be THAT guy for him.

I get where you’re coming from here, same as chaos lord (and appreciate the implied compliment :shobon:). That being said, can you please set the topic of imgay aside and let me know if anyone else pings you? Regardless of his utility or lack there of, i want to make sure the folks voting him have other opinions on the record.

I just looked back through your posts and the only non-imgay content is:
- Bif’s PR made her seem scummy (and realizing it was a PR “partially explained” it - is there more that you’re concerned with?)
- Huma is weird but nothing to be done about it yet (which I agree with)
- You don’t believe Yami is a miller

• Locked thread