Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fallom posted:

calories are like vitamins where if you take 1000x your daily value the extra just passes harmlessly through you

Harmlessly? Tell that to my toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Harmlessly? Tell that to my toilet

Just SMDH if you didn’t already buy the Costco rear end washer.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I get pretty irritated with the DirectTV guys asking me every time I come to shop “Hey you want to hear what we got going on today?” You’re trying to sling cable that’s what you got going on, be upfront about it. Someone runs into them the first time they may think they’re gonna talk about something Costco has going on. Nope it’s just a cold approach trying to sale cable. They need to say “Can we talk to you about what DirectTV is offering?”

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Yeah I also don't like proselytizers.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Coredump posted:

I get pretty irritated with the DirectTV guys asking me every time I come to shop “Hey you want to hear what we got going on today?” You’re trying to sling cable that’s what you got going on, be upfront about it. Someone runs into them the first time they may think they’re gonna talk about something Costco has going on. Nope it’s just a cold approach trying to sale cable. They need to say “Can we talk to you about what DirectTV is offering?”

I just tell them I don't have broadcast TV at home and it tends to shut them up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It just say no thanks and walk by. :shrug:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Coredump posted:

They're wearing a DirecTV shirt and standing in front of the DirecTV kiosk tho

Geoj posted:

I just tell them I don't have broadcast TV at home and it tends to shut them up.

I tell them I already have DirecTV and they give me a high five :smug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FCKGW posted:

The ones at my store don't wear a uniform and hang out by other displays lol

I was looking at a bbq once and the dude started chatting me up

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Picked up from bulgogi mandu at church today, and some bottles of rosé (the Gerard Bertrand Cote des Roses is $12!), PBUC.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

It just say no thanks and walk by. :shrug:

Look at this guy who doesn't have autism wooo you're so great guy :rolleyes:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yes, not getting annoyed by small things is in fact pretty great.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Taima posted:

Just in time for the holidays, the popcornopolis Zebra popcorn is on sale this month. Literally the best dessert popcorn ever made. Also if you serve it individually in little stoneware bowls or whatever you have on hand it makes an easy, incredible dinner party dessert.

It is SO rich. A relatively small bag weighs 1.5 POUNDS. This stuff doesn't gently caress around. It's the perfect richness to where you just eat a handful or two and you're set.

Warning: do not have the actual bag out in the open at any time. The desire to snack on it will be too great, and you will feel like poo poo after eating way too much of it. Get the bag out, take what you want, and put that poo poo back in the pantry.

They had this popcorn out for samples today. It was kinda bland. :|

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Learned you can pay for your hotdog with the rest of your items at check-out today. There's no point to doing it as you still have to wait in line and show the food court your receipt but you can do it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

FCKGW posted:

I'm just doing my shopping when someone to my side is all "Hey can we talk to you about what we got going on today?" I haven't seen a shirt yet. I think its a Costco employee with something good. Nerp, its these dickheads.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Coredump posted:

I get pretty irritated with the DirectTV guys asking me every time I come to shop “Hey you want to hear what we got going on today?”

say that you're an atheist and keep walking

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If the sales man wants to talk I just don't talk and continue to look pointlessly at the bathroom rug things across the aisle from him and then walk away

If it is a hot girl I want to do I begin the seduction

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
its a good idea to take some samples of your own to exchange with the sample people so you don't owe them anything. Receive a medicine up of chicken salad and leave a grape in its place. Ask the sample person if they'd like to try a grape.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Coredump posted:

I think worse than this is the occasional as seen on TV-esque salespeople with a speaker doing demonstrations and "free giveaways" (of travel/sample size items) for poo poo like $60 bottles of hand lotion, because a crowd of assholes 45 deep will block and entire main aisle way for the chance at a .25 ounce sample of mushroom paste mixed with jergens.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
spent $145, got a years supply of dishwasher pods, laundry pods, socks, 2 weeks of food and snacks for work

pbuc

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Got an 18” pizza with a coworker who has a membership, it was 10$ and sodas out of the vending machine we’re a dollar but overall.. meh. I’ll try the dog but it’s probably not worth the drive. Maybe it’s just a central Ohio thing but pretty much no one in the store had any regard whatsoever of the people surrounding them, and it was generally more uncomfortable than say a Walmart shopping experience

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

This one time I talked to a saleschick who was trying to sell routers just because she was good looking. I didn't need or want a router. Welp that's my costco story.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

interwhat posted:

Got an 18” pizza with a coworker who has a membership, it was 10$ and sodas out of the vending machine we’re a dollar but overall.. meh. I’ll try the dog but it’s probably not worth the drive. Maybe it’s just a central Ohio thing but pretty much no one in the store had any regard whatsoever of the people surrounding them, and it was generally more uncomfortable than say a Walmart shopping experience

for the heretic,
:thermidor:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Why is the vanilla ice cream so expensive? $13 for two half gallon containers....

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i am harry posted:

Why is the vanilla ice cream so expensive? $13 for two half gallon containers....

The other stuff you been buying it fake dogshit probably

Cream is expensive, how much would it cost you to buy a gallon of cream?

Cheap brands work air in as much as they can (adding agents to promote this) and it gets to be that a pint of shitcream is something like 40% cream and 60% air. Premium brands avoid doing this. They also don't jam in as much milk as they can get away with, etc

raton fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 2, 2018

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah, check your cheap rear end ice cream and the packaging will probably describe it as "frozen dairy topping" or some poo poo while carefully dancing around the term "ice cream" because it can't legally describe itself as such

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

schreibs posted:

This one time I talked to a saleschick who was trying to sell routers just because she was good looking. I didn't need or want a router. Welp that's my costco story.

Well did you get a router ?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

He bought six, but luckily costco has amazing return policies, and the customer service ladies are nowhere near as attractive.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

And did you put a dog in it? :heysexy:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

raton posted:

I assume my cost for cream is 200x what an ice cream manufacturer would pay for an order of 100 tons

Not to be mistaken for the cost of my cream

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

durrneez posted:

And did you put a dog in it? :heysexy:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

raton posted:

The other stuff you been buying it fake dogshit probably

Cheap brands work air in as much as they can (adding agents to promote this) and it gets to be that a pint of shitcream is something like 40% cream and 60% air. Premium brands avoid doing this. They also don't jam in as much milk as they can get away with, etc

That's so weird because it puts the word "Milk" clearly before the word "Cream" on the box.

The closest thing by a long shot is a gallon of Blue Bell not on sale for something like $7.99.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This ice cream is really, really good tho, and totally worth the cost.

like, REALLY good.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I bought a Cosco brand item at Costco.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I bought an ice cream maker to go with my kitchen aid mixer, and the vanilla ice cream I made from scratch was only just as good as the stuff Costco sells. I don’t make homemade ice cream any more.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mik posted:

I bought a Cosco brand item at Costco.

:stare:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Goin to the 'stco later today. Def gonna pick up some of that zebra popcorn to bring to work so that everyone can enjoy the fruits that spring forth from our dear church.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The in-store optometrist has betrayed me with a single year duration contact exam, every other one I've ever had is 2 years!!

Costco Optical lady shaking her head at my poor choice

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dely Apple posted:

The in-store optometrist has betrayed me with a single year duration contact exam, every other one I've ever had is 2 years!!

Costco Optical lady shaking her head at my poor choice

I have never seen that before.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i am harry posted:

That's so weird because it puts the word "Milk" clearly before the word "Cream" on the box.

The closest thing by a long shot is a gallon of Blue Bell not on sale for something like $7.99.

That's because in English we say milk and cream not cream and milk because the m doesnt allide well with the reduced "and" sound ("n")

Also pint of Ben and Jerrys is like four bucks, there are eight pints in a gallon so that's three times as expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fallom posted:

I assume my cost for cream is 200x what an ice cream manufacturer would pay for an order of 100 tons

Not to be mistaken for the cost of my cream

I think your assumption is wrong about the cost, grocery stores run on pretty thin margins on stuff like cream (that can be bought at any store and whose prices people remember and compare). Probably no more than 50% up from bulk wholesale.