Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Podima posted:

I don’t really agree with your points here against Bif. Kit’s original prod against Bif felt pretty hedgey and a response of (posting gimmick aside) “well if you think I’m scum where’s the vote” prod in return was perfectly reasonable and in character for Bif. I also don’t really see how Kit’s defensive post in return (over a single vote) makes her look at all better than Bif. It is worth pointing out the scum tendency to try and carefully craft their posts to avoid suspicion (eg. Manufactured posts) which is mostly what jumped out at me from the same qualities you call “levelheaded” in her reply.

This is a fair assessment. I'm still not entirely sold on it, due to tone issues. It may be due to the PR, however. Going to keep an eye on bif, but willing to let it go for now.

##unvote

Going to have to go to sleep soon, so I will not be around at deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Rhjamiz posted:

...Someone shows up as "Anonymous" on the votefinder, and it links to Asiina's Day 1 post.

That's extremely odd.

Didn’t humalong vote imgay

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

my role is a variant of last time not the same.

Is there any town utility to your role whatsoever? Make your case as to why you’re worth keeping around for town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

I get where you’re coming from here, same as chaos lord (and appreciate the implied compliment :shobon:). That being said, can you please set the topic of imgay aside and let me know if anyone else pings you? Regardless of his utility or lack there of, i want to make sure the folks voting him have other opinions on the record.

I just looked back through your posts and the only non-imgay content is:
- Bif’s PR made her seem scummy (and realizing it was a PR “partially explained” it - is there more that you’re concerned with?)
- Huma is weird but nothing to be done about it yet (which I agree with)
- You don’t believe Yami is a miller

I don't want to give anyone any excuse to not cuddle imgay today. People will always latch on to any real suspicions over policy votes.

But I don't have anything solid, so I guess it can't hurt.

I'm suspicious of Bminus mostly because of MMT's suspicion. I'm suspicious of our lurker folks for various reasons and because I'm inherently suspect of lurkers. (Jimmy because he seemed so earnest and towny and full of posts in a recent game, but no sign of that here. Nat20 because he is a smart player with a lot of thoughts but I'm seeing none of that in thread here, maybe because he is talking those thoughts out in scum chat. And Rhj, because he's doing nothing, and that is an easy way to skate through games, but I have no meta on them. Looking at the player list, I'm seeing pera here now too, which is a change since I last had this thought. I dunno that that says much for her on d1, but it is bothersome.)

I'm a bit suspicious of Yami since his tone came off grumpy in a post or two that I felt weren't justified from a town Yami. I've seen him grumpy/angry before as town and this felt different. I'm bothered tremendously by Bif's tone in all of her posts. It seems REALLY fake and bad. But yeah, PR, so, I'm not sure how I'm going to read her this game. I think Solus's defense of imgay is suspicious and unjustified, but in his defense I've seen him do that as town. I thought Hum's defense of imgay and walk back was crazy scummy, but he's not able to be voted.

There you go, I'm at least mildly suspicious of half the thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I don't want to give anyone any excuse to not cuddle imgay today. People will always latch on to any real suspicions over policy votes.

Since when is a real suspicion in a game of Mafia something to just "latch on to", your Highness?

There was a time when I thought I could become a stepping stone for all your hopes, but...

...I may have to sincerely retract that remark.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Is there any town utility to your role whatsoever? Make your case as to why you’re worth keeping around for town.

I bite people at night and turn them in vampires and everyone knows vampires are afraid of the sun. However if I find a certain object at night I will become the ultimate lifeforms and gain immunity to sunlight.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

imgay posted:

I bite people at night and turn them in vampires and everyone knows vampires are afraid of the sun. However if I find a certain object at night I will become the ultimate lifeforms and gain immunity to sunlight.

So, you don’t have any utility for town? Also is the ultimate life form thing just immunity to sun? Becoming an ultimate life form and just granting immunity from the sun seems anticlimactic.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I guess if you hit a scum with that ability you mildly inconvenience them and hope they make a mistake and expose themselves to sunlight. That seems like a low probability though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'd be happy to take the bite tonight, imgay-san. It doesn't really seem like too much of an inconvenience to me.

And apart from the ones who are falling into despair... there are still some shining symbols of hope here. I'm sure they'd be glad to not have to look at my miserable posts!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

imgay posted:

Wait wait wait

The ULTIMATE LIFEFORM?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Because if you're going to turn into a giant lizard/space station then I'm keeping my vote on you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've been at work today and good content has been posted from what I skimmed. Give me a few to catch up and decide how I want to vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nat-kun... I think he's talking about something from Part 2 that you haven't seen yet. Did you know there can actually be double vampires? It's kind of like how pera is your sempai squared.

There aren't any lizards involved. But there may be a squirrel.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
behold

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

One other thing, Nat-kun...

If you had the chance to pick your own dramatic role to play, wouldn't you want to play it up?

I feel like even if my pathetic cases are hard to understand... someone should be able to still see the effort I'm making in them. My pure love for hope should shine through any confusion!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Knowing bifaux, I’m really not surprised they’re hamming up the role that they have.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

Hello I am here, just finished a full reread and will be around for a bit before I need to drive home

Quickfire feelings:
- imgay submitted the same role for a previous CYOR game that I can’t find easily on my phone. Imgay which one was it, if you recall? Regardless I think the meta related push on him lacks value especially with existing day 1 content being pretty good! I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit. Thank you!
- town reads on Jimmy (yes reversal of prior statement), Bif, and MMT.
- I see the b- vote and could go that way, but I’d like people to look at pera. She hasn’t voted a single time today and her posts feel uniformly manufactured to be sidelong comments without laying down actual game opinions.

I just woke up, but I'm going to quote this post here and comment on a few things that called out to me about it.

- You quote that CYOR game like it is a strong reason to not vote imgay, which fyi: most of us don't know about and as such couldn't consider it, and when looking at said role... it absolutely does not set it on town. At the very least, it'd make the game (players full of spoiler tags) more annoying for everyone.

- You say "at exclusion of all else", but do not highlight what is exactly the "all else?". Where's the solid case we should be focusing on instead of imgay?

- Town reads on Jimmy, bif and MMT. MMT I can see, and bif I can sort of understand due to your follow up post (not this one), but Jimmy has barely posted in the game. Care to clarify?

- You ask us to have a look at Pera and then drop it quickly and only push for me.

- You say "I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit.", but then say:

Podima posted:

This is fair and I appreciate you taking the time to elaborate. Could you please look back at Kit, pera, and B-?

conveniently dropping Natural 20 (who seems more and more scum to me), CL and KB.

You have also said both of these things:

Podima posted:

Forgot from original post, would also look at Kitiara - there’s the newbie aspect to consider but a lot of her jumping around of opinions doesn’t feel natural, as well as her settling on some lurkers (but not others) before going back to imgay.

And:

Podima posted:

I also don’t really see how Kit’s defensive post in return (over a single vote) makes her look at all better than Bif. It is worth pointing out the scum tendency to try and carefully craft their posts to avoid suspicion (eg. Manufactured posts) which is mostly what jumped out at me from the same qualities you call “levelheaded” in her reply.

If I was manufacturing my posts, I would not be jimping around on opinions. Also note that I explained why I settled on 2 lurkers rather than all 3, those two seemed suspicious to me rather than the 3 who just wasn't posting (and I think will fall into lurker gun on day 2). You neglected this bit. You also did the same thing by ignoring Natural 20, CL and KB as above.

I've noted this before and I jump around opinions and thoughts a lot. It's my personality. So it's either this (which I don't like, since it makes me look confused and dumb) or go back to my lurker self.

I disagree with all of those things above, but even with that I can acknowledge the good comments you've made. How is that not natural? I'm jumbled because I'm town and I can see how most of you could be scum or town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is a fair assessment. I'm still not entirely sold on it, due to tone issues. It may be due to the PR, however. Going to keep an eye on bif, but willing to let it go for now.

##unvote

Hmm...

If you know you won't be around, then why didn't you leave a vote for anyone else, Yami-san? We're going to have a hard enough time as it is with this even number of people.

I thought your suspicion of me was only natural, but did you not have anyone else at all in mind? Have you already given up on D1 in despair?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi pod, I know I said I would have that stuff for you by nowish but I’m an Ecco like twist, I’m actually going to be just starting now, I think I can read what I need to in 30 mins

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

But first!

Kitiara posted:

- You say "I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit.", but then say:

conveniently dropping Natural 20 (who seems more and more scum to me), CL and KB.

Kit you do realize that in the post you are quoting between these two lines he is responding to me right?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Scum will NEVER kill imgay.

to be fair, the same thing is true as hell of me

or you would think it would be lmao

jimmydalad posted:

Becoming an ultimate life form and just granting immunity from the sun seems anticlimactic.

tell that to shadow th---

Natural 20 posted:

Because if you're going to turn into a giant lizard/space station then I'm keeping my vote on you.

imgay posted:

koality content

omg we solved the riddle

jimmydalad posted:

Knowing bifaux, I’m really not surprised they’re hamming up the role that they have.

ya'll motherfuckers have no idea the loving kid gloves she's using with this

Bifauxnen posted:

Have you already given up on D1 in despair?

babe d1 is despair

you think you'd know that

oh wait that's the chick

chaoslord posted:

you do realize that in the post you are quoting between these two lines he is responding to me right?

ya'll, the new girl >:(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pod, starting with pera because she has the least posts of those 3.

peramene posted:

hello sweetheart

my win condition is driving my girlfriend so far up the wall she makes it to the north pole by christmas so we can. . . steal ... that's a goon thing, right? buncha shits stealing christmas... crimbo... gifts...?

I can't remember

I hope everyone is ready to have a good and fun game where no one gets hurt and everyone enjoys peace forever

joke 3p wincon claim.

peramene posted:

##vote rf

BOOO

joke vote at rf after he was dead

Other than that, a vote to no lunch and other joking around.

IDK, seems like typical d1 crap posting. I haven't played many games with pera but this seems like how she always plays early to me?

I don't see scum

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m not 100% sure who to vote for. I’d be suspicious of Kit flossing over Rha while focusing on lurkers like myself or Nat20 but I find it unreasonable for scum to come out swinging as early as she did on imgay. While imgay is pretty unanimously seen as an easy patsy, putting herself out like she did alongside doing so while still in what was primarily the jokephase draws a lot of attention that scum wouldn’t want on them, especially if they’re trying to get rid of an easy target. That, alongside the fact that if she was scum, she’s the type of player who’d run most of not all her posts with her scum team by posting and I’m pretty sure they’d tell her not to do the things she is doing like being loud and drawing attention to herself.

I can see the policy vote with imgay, but I’m not a massive fan of it. A lynch is better than no lynch, but Imgay hasn’t really given me a reason to see them as scum. More like a trolly townie.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So before I started reading b- I wanted to read the votes on him and this vote

SolusLunes posted:

My first question would be "why are you basing a case on how someone's responding to somebody not in the game" but nobody's been modkilled, and Asiina hasn't asked humalong to stop, so I assume this is somebody's power (and imgay is all but claiming it).

I mean, the tunneling worked last time I played with you, and things are fucky already. That, and I don't think Sal's scum. So it's possible that binus is just jumping on an opportunistic read... from someone not in the game. :shrug:

##vote binus

Doesn't sit well with me.

The reason solus is voting b- is
1) MMT Tunneling has worked in the past
2) He doesn't think Sal is scum.
3) It's possible that b- is just jumping onto what huma said.

Point 1 is bad, point 2 is "ok but why does that make b- scum?", and point 3 is weird because it looks like he thinks humalong is not a part of the game and that this is imgays doing somehow? I don't think imgay did anything close to claiming responsibility to humalong did he? And humalong had already talked about his role previous to this post so this looks like someone just stretching around to justify jumping on a vote.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

Kit, among many other things (jumping around to call out some lurkers but not others) why are you hunting 3p instead of scum here?

I think this is a good point. I have learned (most recently from that Verge game) that 3P is very dangerous to have around. They're upping the kill range every day and making the game end a lot faster, which only benefits scum. So although imgay's role seemed more 3P than scum, the vampire aspect of it felt scummy to me too. So from my perspective, imgay is not town... he's either 3P or scum and given that I don't have any information on any other player so far (this is day 1 remember), then I am happy to lynch him.

imgay just picked a role that has absolutely no benefit to town, when he could have chosen anything! This is why I agree with KB that even if imgay is town, he doesn't really have our best interest at heart.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also yes being dayrecruited didnt actually happen. Just wanted to see reactions. Going to look through them in a bit.

---

Stuff that stuck out from me from the reactions to my BS D1 claims so far:

[Nat20]
Seems to have accepted my claim a little bit too easily. While yes, it is imgay they're voting, they didn't question it at all. Bit suspect to me.

[jimmy]
Seems REALLY eager to kill people. I was already suspect of how quickly they jumped on the claim, but now that I read their post history their only contest is about lunching me... or lunching imgay. There's no comments on the VT claim, imgay's dracula stuff or anything like that.

On a re-read this feels like a fake thought process.

Nat20 believed that Yami's "I was recruited" was real...so he's scum? Why? What about that is scummy?

Jimmy made a D1 vote and that's "seems REALLY eager to kill people"? I don't believe that's a real conclusion that someone would actually come to.

I don't believe that someone would actually use "I'm going to fakeclaim being dayrecruited d1 and catch scum that way". It sounds more like a fake scum case to me.

Yami Fenrir posted:

##unvote

I know Bif said this earlier but why unvote instead of leaving a vote on whichever of Nat/Jimmy/whoever else Yami found more suspicious?

I also have to go to bed soon, right now I feel b- and Yami for scum and my preference would be one of them. I see the merit in the imgay vote but right now my gut does lean town on him. I should be around for like another 30 minutes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

chaoslord posted:

IDK, seems like typical d1 crap posting.

:j:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Didn’t humalong vote imgay

I will never cast a vote for imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why would you think im not town?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yami Fenrir posted:

Btw, just going to claim it:

Miller here.

Also who chooses miller in CYOR?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

there was an eclipse and now I’m count chocula apparently. Anyone want some delicious chocolatey cereal?

Anyone who asks for franken berries gets dayvigged

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also this is a cyor game it doesnt mean create the most useful role to town it means create something you have fun with

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

I can answe that. They have played together a few times since fate stay

This is the post that Murmur made the b- case on.

Her case is
Humalong says he has a scum read on Sal. B- jumps in to agree without really clarifying why. Then, Bif asks Sal if he's still referencing Fate/Stay and if the two of us have played together since.

B-, unprompted, answers:

(a) This isn't true.
(b) The only motivation I can think of for b- to post this at all is that he's self-conscious scum who needs a reason to have a scum read on Sal.

##vote B-

For (a), they have played in 1 game since then, and votefinder reports 100 post mafia as being a second because Kash put sal as a dead player instead of a spectator.

For it to be a scum thing, b- would have to have been lying on purpose, which feeds into her b point. I don't think b- is intentionally lying here, I think it is more likely he is mistaken, so I don't think this is scummy. There's nothing really else to talk about with b-'s post history.

So don't see this either, Pod.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

lmao I copy/pasted instaed of bringing the whole quote in, I shoud be modkilled for that jfc.

##vote imgay moving my vote back where it should be

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. Humalong posted:

there was an eclipse and now I’m count chocula apparently. Anyone want some delicious chocolatey cereal?

I would like some franken berries :colbert:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could go for some frankenberries too

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did you know cereal was invented to get kids to stop jerking off?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

imgay posted:

did you know cereal was invented to get kids to stop jerking off?

https://thedollop.libsyn.com/46-live-w-patton-oswalt-the-cereal-men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anywawys looks like lynch is gonna be b-minus so lets get some more votes on em

• Locked thread