Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Murmur Twin posted:

On a re-read this feels like a fake thought process.

Nat20 believed that Yami's "I was recruited" was real...so he's scum? Why? What about that is scummy?

Jimmy made a D1 vote and that's "seems REALLY eager to kill people"? I don't believe that's a real conclusion that someone would actually come to.

I don't believe that someone would actually use "I'm going to fakeclaim being dayrecruited d1 and catch scum that way". It sounds more like a fake scum case to me.

I know Bif said this earlier but why unvote instead of leaving a vote on whichever of Nat/Jimmy/whoever else Yami found more suspicious?

I also have to go to bed soon, right now I feel b- and Yami for scum and my preference would be one of them. I see the merit in the imgay vote but right now my gut does lean town on him. I should be around for like another 30 minutes.

I'm in agreement with what Murmur says. I can't really see imgay being scummy & I've already mentioned how leery I was with regards to how quickly b- got traction after MMT made her original post. I'm happy to keep my vote on Yami for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

create something you have fun with

quoting for later when people demand to know what the gently caress i was thinking and a picture of glados doesn't cut it [this is not a flavour claim]

imgay posted:

anywawys looks like lynch is gonna be b-minus so lets get some more votes on em

out of deference to my peers, if i'm literally the last person paying attention that could prevent a nox, i'll hammer the fuckin thing

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

Wait wait wait

The ULTIMATE LIFEFORM?

Since my post, you should have had a good number of hours to come in the game and try to help us catch scum. Since then you've come on and posted 3 joke posts, a couple of unrelated posts and a response to my question (which was appreciated). So I think Natural 20 is my second pick for scum.

Also, I'd like to point out that yes I am suss about Rhjamiz too, but he should be a free lynch tomorrow.

I'll also agree with MMT that Solus vote on b- was weird. It seemed like trying to get momentum going on b- and away from imgay.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Kitiara posted:

Since my post, you should have had a good number of hours to come in the game and try to help us catch scum. Since then you've come on and posted 3 joke posts, a couple of unrelated posts and a response to my question (which was appreciated). So I think Natural 20 is my second pick for scum.

Also, I'd like to point out that yes I am suss about Rhjamiz too, but he should be a free lynch tomorrow.

I'll also agree with MMT that Solus vote on b- was weird. It seemed like trying to get momentum going on b- and away from imgay.

I mean, it was? I don't think imgay is scum. I'm pretty sure I've said that before?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
If wouldn’t be a game of mafia without me being a mislynch candidate on day 1. Becuase I haven’t had any time to post and really won’t until deadline, I’ll just claim. Billy costigan, odd watcher/even tracker. Was looking forward to playing this role but I guess I’m gonna be the apathy lynch. Whatever

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
role claiming isn't gonna mean anything for ya buddy roles aren't relevant to allignment

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah I'm not moving my vote. Flavour and role don't determine alignment, Asiina does and I imagine she wouldn't have been able to help herself with some stuff.

Kitiara posted:

I mean it's D1 so forgive me for not wall of texting based on nothingposts from most people. I'm not running with my casefile this game so I'm not judging people relative to their meta posting either.

What I do find interesting is you wrongly stating what the lurker lunch rule is.

Anyway, it's late and imma sleep.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

I mean it's D1 so forgive me for not wall of texting based on nothingposts from most people. I'm not running with my casefile this game so I'm not judging people relative to their meta posting either.

What I do find interesting is you wrongly stating what the lurker lunch rule is.

Cheers. I completely missed the lurker lunch rule. Fair enough on the rest of the post.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (6): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Kitiara, chaoslord, chaoslord, Anonymous
b-minus1 (4): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, imgay, SolusLunes, chaoslord, chaoslord
Yami Fenrir (1): jimmydalad
Lynch No One! (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, peramene
Murmur Twin (1): SalTheBard
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Bifauxnen (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
jimmydalad (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kitiara, Kitiara
Kitiara (0): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (3): Podima, Rhjamiz, Yami Fenrir

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 25 minutes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look at all these dudes going im not here for deadline and distancing themselves from whatever happens, talk about a nontown mindset

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is a fair assessment. I'm still not entirely sold on it, due to tone issues. It may be due to the PR, however. Going to keep an eye on bif, but willing to let it go for now.

##unvote

Going to have to go to sleep soon, so I will not be around at deadline.

Yo leaving like this without a vote down outright is real bad, on top of stuff like claiming you picked Miller in a CYOR game. ##vote Yami

Just got home from a long rainy drive and still catching up, I know the vote is between imgay and b- right now but there's 3+ hours left till deadline and this is worth calling out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I don't want to give anyone any excuse to not cuddle imgay today. People will always latch on to any real suspicions over policy votes.

But I don't have anything solid, so I guess it can't hurt.

I'm suspicious of Bminus mostly because of MMT's suspicion. I'm suspicious of our lurker folks for various reasons and because I'm inherently suspect of lurkers. (Jimmy because he seemed so earnest and towny and full of posts in a recent game, but no sign of that here. Nat20 because he is a smart player with a lot of thoughts but I'm seeing none of that in thread here, maybe because he is talking those thoughts out in scum chat. And Rhj, because he's doing nothing, and that is an easy way to skate through games, but I have no meta on them. Looking at the player list, I'm seeing pera here now too, which is a change since I last had this thought. I dunno that that says much for her on d1, but it is bothersome.)

I'm a bit suspicious of Yami since his tone came off grumpy in a post or two that I felt weren't justified from a town Yami. I've seen him grumpy/angry before as town and this felt different. I'm bothered tremendously by Bif's tone in all of her posts. It seems REALLY fake and bad. But yeah, PR, so, I'm not sure how I'm going to read her this game. I think Solus's defense of imgay is suspicious and unjustified, but in his defense I've seen him do that as town. I thought Hum's defense of imgay and walk back was crazy scummy, but he's not able to be voted.

There you go, I'm at least mildly suspicious of half the thread.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I agree with where you're at on Nat20 and pera, and want to see more from Jimmy and Rhj for similar reasons. Yami I'm not sure I agree with, but I have other issues with him as per previous post.

Re: Bif, yeah PR, but Bif is generally good at making case points even when dressed up in flowery hopestuff (and I've seen her doing that already even today) so it's a case of not missing the trees for the forest or however that goes.

As far as Solus, I don't really see scum deciding to make a hard defense on imgay of all people so it's a null tell as you say. And finally for Huma, I'm not gonna worry about them until they become a player that can be interacted with. (Did I say that already today? I feel like I did.)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pod I got distracted by football and building a bookshelf and am :effort: about reading kit right now because it’s not a lunch that will happen today but her missing that you were talking to me and the 3p hunting were weird I’ll say that for sure

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

I bite people at night and turn them in vampires and everyone knows vampires are afraid of the sun. However if I find a certain object at night I will become the ultimate lifeforms and gain immunity to sunlight.

ughhh cmon dude.

Natural 20 posted:

Wait wait wait

The ULTIMATE LIFEFORM?

Natural 20 posted:

Because if you're going to turn into a giant lizard/space station then I'm keeping my vote on you.

:question: ^^ This doesn't match up with this vv :question:

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah I'm not moving my vote. Flavour and role don't determine alignment, Asiina does and I imagine she wouldn't have been able to help herself with some stuff.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I've been at work today and good content has been posted from what I skimmed. Give me a few to catch up and decide how I want to vote.

Where you at, Sal? You still have a jokevote down.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lots here and I appreciate the detailed reply, will unpack and reply in pieces as I can.

quote:

- You say "at exclusion of all else", but do not highlight what is exactly the "all else?". Where's the solid case we should be focusing on instead of imgay?

There's plenty of content to look at besides "vote imgay for being imgay" - I'm specifically saying people who ignore the former to do the latter are suspect. (In your case, I will credit you for going through reads on multiple other people over the course of the game day - it was largely coming back to imgay at the end despite all that which sat poorly with me.)

quote:

- Town reads on Jimmy, bif and MMT. MMT I can see, and bif I can sort of understand due to your follow up post (not this one), but Jimmy has barely posted in the game. Care to clarify?

Decline to comment at this time.

quote:

- You ask us to have a look at Pera and then drop it quickly and only push for me.

I still absolutely think pera (fyi: she prefers the p be lowercase) is still suspect and worth looking at, but I'm not gonna shout and scream about it forever on D1 since that contributes nothing of value. My suspicion of her is out there and on the record.

quote:

- You say "I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit.", but then say:

conveniently dropping Natural 20 (who seems more and more scum to me), CL and KB.

As mentioned, was responding to CL with that post, and just because I ask people to give more non-imgay opinions doesn't mean they're highest on my suspicion list. I shouldn't need to repeat myself ad nauseum.

quote:

If I was manufacturing my posts, I would not be jimping around on opinions.

I disagree with this pretty firmly, actually - jumping around on opinions and seeing what sticks is a pretty scummy thing to do! That being said, I acknowledge that that could be your style and I'm unused to it. Given that others don't seem to share the same suspicion, I'll take a step back and reevaluate. Thank you again for taking the time to respond!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jimmydalad posted:

I’m not 100% sure who to vote for. I’d be suspicious of Kit flossing over Rha while focusing on lurkers like myself or Nat20 but I find it unreasonable for scum to come out swinging as early as she did on imgay. While imgay is pretty unanimously seen as an easy patsy, putting herself out like she did alongside doing so while still in what was primarily the jokephase draws a lot of attention that scum wouldn’t want on them, especially if they’re trying to get rid of an easy target. That, alongside the fact that if she was scum, she’s the type of player who’d run most of not all her posts with her scum team by posting and I’m pretty sure they’d tell her not to do the things she is doing like being loud and drawing attention to herself.

I can see the policy vote with imgay, but I’m not a massive fan of it. A lynch is better than no lynch, but Imgay hasn’t really given me a reason to see them as scum. More like a trolly townie.

Town read on Kit and imgay is fine and good, but who do you think is scum?

jimmydalad posted:

I'm in agreement with what Murmur says. I can't really see imgay being scummy & I've already mentioned how leery I was with regards to how quickly b- got traction after MMT made her original post. I'm happy to keep my vote on Yami for now.

Hold on. This was your original vote on Yami:

jimmydalad posted:

One way to find out~ ##vote yami

Which is, in context, a joke vote on Yami for claiming miller.

Why are you transforming a joke vote into a real vote with no context or rationale?

##unvote ##vote Jimmy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kitiara posted:

I think this is a good point. I have learned (most recently from that Verge game) that 3P is very dangerous to have around. They're upping the kill range every day and making the game end a lot faster, which only benefits scum. So although imgay's role seemed more 3P than scum, the vampire aspect of it felt scummy to me too. So from my perspective, imgay is not town... he's either 3P or scum and given that I don't have any information on any other player so far (this is day 1 remember), then I am happy to lynch him.

Flavor != role, per OP.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Pod, starting with pera because she has the least posts of those 3.

IDK, seems like typical d1 crap posting. I haven't played many games with pera but this seems like how she always plays early to me?

I don't see scum

ehhhhhhhh I really dislike the refusal to engage with the game full stop and am not willing to excuse people for it regardless of "how they always are." Also the "joke vote" at RF was clearly contrived since it was part of the same reaction-post to his self-vigging.

chaoslord posted:

So before I started reading b- I wanted to read the votes on him and this vote

Doesn't sit well with me.

The reason solus is voting b- is
1) MMT Tunneling has worked in the past
2) He doesn't think Sal is scum.
3) It's possible that b- is just jumping onto what huma said.

Point 1 is bad, point 2 is "ok but why does that make b- scum?", and point 3 is weird because it looks like he thinks humalong is not a part of the game and that this is imgays doing somehow? I don't think imgay did anything close to claiming responsibility to humalong did he? And humalong had already talked about his role previous to this post so this looks like someone just stretching around to justify jumping on a vote.

This is a fair point, I went and reread Solus and I see what you mean. Not enough to really bite on D1 but a good observation.

chaoslord posted:

This is the post that Murmur made the b- case on.

Her case is

For (a), they have played in 1 game since then, and votefinder reports 100 post mafia as being a second because Kash put sal as a dead player instead of a spectator.

For it to be a scum thing, b- would have to have been lying on purpose, which feeds into her b point. I don't think b- is intentionally lying here, I think it is more likely he is mistaken, so I don't think this is scummy. There's nothing really else to talk about with b-'s post history.

So don't see this either, Pod.

Valid and thank you for doing the votefinder sleuthing I couldn't from phone. I agree in that I think for b- it was a mistake and not a purposeful lie - I made the same mistake myself re: Sal/MMT.

chaoslord posted:

Pod I got distracted by football and building a bookshelf and am :effort: about reading kit right now because it’s not a lunch that will happen today but her missing that you were talking to me and the 3p hunting were weird I’ll say that for sure

This is fine, I'm less hot on Kit now that she's responded to me.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it feels like most people already checked out this sunday night =/

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Podima posted:

Town read on Kit and imgay is fine and good, but who do you think is scum?

Hold on. This was your original vote on Yami:

Which is, in context, a joke vote on Yami for claiming miller.

Why are you transforming a joke vote into a real vote with no context or rationale?

##unvote ##vote Jimmy

My rationale is that out of the three of imgay, b- and Yami, I found yami to be the most suspicious. I agreed with what MMT had to say with regards to him and so what originally was a joke vote changed into an actual vote for him. It’s not like I went out of my way to try and mould the joke vote into something serious. I agreed with what MMT said made Yami look suspicious and I’m more comfortable throwing my vote that way than b- or imgay.

Going to sleep now cause I have work tomorrow.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’ll say it’s more of a coincidence that I joke voted Yami early which then became an actual vote. *shrugs*

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pls switch to b-minus so we can actually lynch someone today

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

ehhhhhhhh I really dislike the refusal to engage with the game full stop and am not willing to excuse people for it regardless of "how they always are."

Great, so let's not excuse imgay, who almost never really engages, and certainly hasn't in any real way this game either. :)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

ehhhhhhhh I really dislike the refusal to engage with the game full stop and am not willing to excuse people for it regardless of "how they always are." Also the "joke vote" at RF was clearly contrived since it was part of the same reaction-post to his self-vigging.

Sure, this is fair, but I’m at least expecting pera will pick up and make cases as the game goes on. Maybe I am wrong but that’s what I have in my head for her meta. Which is more than I can say for other players, such as the one you keep giving me stick for voting :colbert:

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

My rationale is that out of the three of imgay, b- and Yami, I found yami to be the most suspicious. I agreed with what MMT had to say with regards to him and so what originally was a joke vote changed into an actual vote for him. It’s not like I went out of my way to try and mould the joke vote into something serious. I agreed with what MMT said made Yami look suspicious and I’m more comfortable throwing my vote that way than b- or imgay.

Dude. We’re 2 hrs from deadline and you’re placing a vote on yami who has 0 other votes. We need to endure a no lunch.

This response seems completely unlike I’ve seen from town Jimmy. You’re either scum or are playing a different style of game, and although I can’t tell which it is; I’m currently leaning scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King Burgundy posted:

Great, so let's not excuse imgay, who almost never really engages, and certainly hasn't in any real way this game either. :)

what the heck this mean ive replied to a ton of people today

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

Thank you again for taking the time to respond!

Thank you so much for your response too! It's my first game with you, and you exceed all expectations :D.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jimmydalad posted:

hm ok. I see your point, looking back at the full context.

King Burgundy posted:

Don't misunderstand, I'll vote imgay over b- if it comes down to it, b- has claimed an observing role and will need to share results if they survive the night. imgay's role has no town utility as claimed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again because you and others don't seem to get it: I'm not excusing imgay's play this game, I'm looking at people who are using that as an excuse to avoid putting out opinions.

chaoslord posted:

Sure, this is fair, but I’m at least expecting pera will pick up and make cases as the game goes on. Maybe I am wrong but that’s what I have in my head for her meta. Which is more than I can say for other players, such as the one you keep giving me stick for voting :colbert:

Kit, FYI, this type of opinion (which bif also expressed) contributes to why I've backed off on pera for today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kitiara posted:

Dude. We’re 2 hrs from deadline and you’re placing a vote on yami who has 0 other votes. We need to endure a no lunch.

This response seems completely unlike I’ve seen from town Jimmy. You’re either scum or are playing a different style of game, and although I can’t tell which it is; I’m currently leaning scum.

I agree this looks super weird and very different from my last town Jimmy game.

I still want to eliminate imgay first.

imgay posted:

I thought about replying to this seriously and combing through your post history to make my point, but then realized I'd have to mouse over every one of your posts. So nope.

This still applies:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

Who do you think is scum? Leaving reads is the most townie thing anyone can do. Your only game content is a vote on b- which could be read as a "vote the next highest person to not get executed" since you haven't provided any other reads to date.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I thought about replying to this seriously and combing through your post history to make my point, but then realized I'd have to mouse over every one of your posts. So nope.

Got you covered, we were thinking the same thing apparently.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e z p z, my biggest scum targets are bminus, kb, and clord. all they done all day is tunnel me i mean what the gently caress. and they you get kit who has a clear misunderstanding how this poo poo works and is being a real jerk. Then you got mmt who falling into same trap as kit i mean wtheck she knows better, jimmy and yami are like the same thing non commital voting not gonna be here for deadline noise loving poo poo is useless. Everyone else is just having fun and posting, i don't really mind them

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m gonna add one more thing as a reason for why not to vote imgay. If he lynches and flips town, we learn next to nothing with regards for scum motivations during gameplay. Due to his reputation, a lot of reasoning could easily be swept under a “I don’t want what has happened in previous games to happen in this game” or “Imgay is inherently anti-town and he’ll just drag us down”. He’s a really good patsy because it’s very hard to come up with motivations for ousting him outside of trying to push the vote onto a townie. It’ll be very hard to lock a scum member down based on the vote alone and considering we’ve already lost two town members, we need as much information as we can get.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

I disagree with this pretty firmly, actually - jumping around on opinions and seeing what sticks is a pretty scummy thing to do! That being said, I acknowledge that that could be your style and I'm unused to it. Given that others don't seem to share the same suspicion, I'll take a step back and reevaluate. Thank you again for taking the time to respond!

I forgot to comment that I feel that this is entirely fair and something that I hadn't considered. Thank you for phrasing it that way.

As scum, I used to a. post less b. read my posts a lot (as well as previous post to ensure they were consistent) and c. run the posts by my scum buddies. I assumed that was natural scum behaviour and posting a lot without giving your post thoughts was the townie thing to do. I'll try to moderate myself and be better, but I'm generally very scattered brained so I can't promise total consistency.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jimmydalad posted:

I’m gonna add one more thing as a reason for why not to vote imgay. If he lynches and flips town, we learn next to nothing with regards for scum motivations during gameplay. Due to his reputation, a lot of reasoning could easily be swept under a “I don’t want what has happened in previous games to happen in this game” or “Imgay is inherently anti-town and he’ll just drag us down”. He’s a really good patsy because it’s very hard to come up with motivations for ousting him outside of trying to push the vote onto a townie. It’ll be very hard to lock a scum member down based on the vote alone and considering we’ve already lost two town members, we need as much information as we can get.

Okay but it's less than 3 hours to deadline and you have your vote on someone else that only I've voted. If you won't vote imgay, who else will you vote?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

:thunk:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Kitiara posted:

I forgot to comment that I feel that this is entirely fair and something that I hadn't considered. Thank you for phrasing it that way.

As scum, I used to a. post less b. read my posts a lot (as well as previous post to ensure they were consistent) and c. run the posts by my scum buddies. I assumed that was natural scum behaviour and posting a lot without giving your post thoughts was the townie thing to do. I'll try to moderate myself and be better, but I'm generally very scattered brained so I can't promise total consistency.

I can vouch for c. When we were scum together in Grad School, we would run posts with each other all the time. I think it got to the point where nearly every post Kit was asking for approval from me and b- before posting in the thread. It’s why I don’t believe she’s scum this game. Scum would’ve stopped her drawing so much attention to herself.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Podima posted:

Okay but it's less than 3 hours to deadline and you have your vote on someone else that only I've voted. If you won't vote imgay, who else will you vote?

Honestly, I don’t want to vote for any of the front runners atm. But if my hand was forced, I’d lean more onto b- than imgay to see whether or not the sudden momentum against him actually means something. It’s like 2am here and I have work at 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Where you at, Sal? You still have a jokevote down.

##unvote

I'm torn between gay, yami and bee.

• Locked thread