Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m putting my vote onto ##vote b- cause it looks like Yami isn’t gonna get any momentum and I feel like my hand is being forced to vote for one of the front runners. Yami >>> b- > imgay is my current vote preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We COULD maybe make Yami happen but I absolutely hate these last minute vote rushes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

##unvote

I'm torn between gay, yami and bee.

why

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

e z p z, my biggest scum targets are bminus, kb, and clord. all they done all day is tunnel me i mean what the gently caress. and they you get kit who has a clear misunderstanding how this poo poo works and is being a real jerk. Then you got mmt who falling into same trap as kit i mean wtheck she knows better, jimmy and yami are like the same thing non commital voting not gonna be here for deadline noise loving poo poo is useless. Everyone else is just having fun and posting, i don't really mind them

I don't know how serious you are here or not, but I never intended to be a jerk. So I apologise for coming across as one. I haven't played a CYOR mafia, so I'm obviously going to be getting a few things wrong and hopefully do better in the next one.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'm assuming Kit is new to forums mafia based on what everyone is saying about them. They come off as town who is trying. imgay's scum? read on them for "misunderstanding the format and being rude" is not points in his favor.

I'm currently undecided on pretty much everyone else but I'll be here for the vote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm assuming Kit is new to forums mafia based on what everyone is saying about them. They come off as town who is trying. imgay's scum? read on them for "misunderstanding the format and being rude" is not points in his favor.

I'm currently undecided on pretty much everyone else but I'll be here for the vote.

I wear my dang unbeating heart on my sleeve, all my beliefs are geniune sir sorry if you don't like them this is just my perspective

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

I’m gonna add one more thing as a reason for why not to vote imgay. If he lynches and flips town, we learn next to nothing with regards for scum motivations during gameplay. Due to his reputation, a lot of reasoning could easily be swept under a “I don’t want what has happened in previous games to happen in this game” or “Imgay is inherently anti-town and he’ll just drag us down”. He’s a really good patsy because it’s very hard to come up with motivations for ousting him outside of trying to push the vote onto a townie. It’ll be very hard to lock a scum member down based on the vote alone and considering we’ve already lost two town members, we need as much information as we can get.

I disagree with this. People make this argument a lot, but there is a TON to get from these vote pushes later. I mean, if he's scum, it will be crazy what we can get out of it. But even if he's town and we later find out some of the other pushes off of him were onto people that later flip scum, that helps us identify people who were trying hard to get scum cuddled over town. Basically, every argument about this kind of thing I've ever seen is invalid.

The only type of vote of which you truly learn almost nothing is a rolling start style turbo. And even that normally yields interesting analysis later since there is usually push back.

Also,

A) He's not a patsy if he's perpetually guilty of the things he's being voted for.

B) It is HARD to ever get imgay voted in ANY game. There is always, inexplicably, a lot of push back. He'd make a really poor patsy, given that.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

imgay posted:

I wear my dang unbeating heart on my sleeve, all my beliefs are geniune sir sorry if you don't like them this is just my perspective

That's my point. Your scum list isn't a scum list, it's a list of grievances.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

I’m putting my vote onto ##vote b- cause it looks like Yami isn’t gonna get any momentum and I feel like my hand is being forced to vote for one of the front runners. Yami >>> b- > imgay is my current vote preference.

You've voted for b- over imgay, despite b- declaring a role that is useful to town and can be verified later on vs imgay who has declared a role that offers 0 benefit to town. If you're really not wanting to vote for either of them, at least vote for the one that has claimed a more useless role. No?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhjamiz posted:

That's my point. Your scum list isn't a scum list, it's a list of grievances.

hows that different from people voting for me

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kitiara posted:

You've voted for b- over imgay, despite b- declaring a role that is useful to town and can be verified later on vs imgay who has declared a role that offers 0 benefit to town. If you're really not wanting to vote for either of them, at least vote for the one that has claimed a more useless role. No?

I'll help out here; roles aren't indicative in this format. Unless you're basing this purely on role with no mind to alignment, in which case, carry on.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitiara posted:

don't assume since someone has a towny role means they are town, there is a disconnect between role and allignment this game

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

imgay posted:

hows that different from people voting for me

It isn't.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rhjamiz posted:

I'll help out here; roles aren't indicative in this format. Unless you're basing this purely on role with no mind to alignment, in which case, carry on.

It's not about alignment. It's about bminus has a role claim that requires him to provide information every new day. If he's town, it's good to keep him around and get that info. If he's scum, it's good to keep him around and have him provide that info(or try to) and be able to catch him in a lie at some point or force him to use his role, if it is real, instead of doing a kill, etc.

imgay's role will just make things worse for everyone in the thread.

It's a pretty clear line.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its doesn't matter what my role is, I can still catch scum with my keen intellilect

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

don't assume since someone has a towny role means they are town, there is a disconnect between role and allignment this game

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm sorry. I know I keep doing this. It's really hard to make that disconnect.

In this case, I did mean that role to role, b-'s is at least useful. It may not tell us his alignment, but he will continually offer town information which can help catch scum or verify town or gently caress him up if he is scum. The same can't be said for imgay's role.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

It's not about alignment. It's about bminus has a role claim that requires him to provide information every new day. If he's town, it's good to keep him around and get that info. If he's scum, it's good to keep him around and have him provide that info(or try to) and be able to catch him in a lie at some point or force him to use his role, if it is real, instead of doing a kill, etc.

imgay's role will just make things worse for everyone in the thread.

It's a pretty clear line.

Oh I get that, it just sounded like Kit was operating under the usual role/alignment... meta, I guess.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bee - I didn't like how easily Bee went along with Humalong saying that I'm scum. Like Humalongs whole case is "I think Sal is scum" and B- going "Yeah I'm definitely getting scum vibes from Sal." I feel like this could've been the potential for a scum push on me later in the day. Of the 3 Bee is the one I would most vote for. I also didn't like when B- jumped in to answer how many times that MMT and I have played with each other since F/S. I just felt that was such a weird thing to interject themself into.

Yami - I feel like Yami's Miller claim is odd. I know that when I was making my character I included some drawbacks to make sure that I wasn't really overpowered. So maybe Yami being a Miller was the drawback that Yami included.

Gay - So Imgay is the easiest one. They're an admitted cultist. Granted if they are town, their role does not seem anti-Town. I just don't like the idea of a cultist in the game especially since it will be easy to constantly point fingers at them.

So yeah thats kind of my thinking right now. I would vote Bee, Gay, or Yami in that order.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

Granted if they are town, their role does not seem anti-Town.

Disagree.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In times like this I like to listen to the Talking Heads to calm my nerves

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

In times like this I like to listen to the Talking Heads to calm my nerves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jimmydalad posted:

I'm in agreement with what Murmur says. I can't really see imgay being scummy & I've already mentioned how leery I was with regards to how quickly b- got traction after MMT made her original post. I'm happy to keep my vote on Yami for now.

Hmm... a few people seem to have said this, but it doesn't sound quite right, does it? No one paid much attention to MT's case on B- at all until I brought it up. I even mentioned how disappointing it was, that it was being ignored!

Then once people finally started paying attention, and one or two more people voted b-minus... all of a sudden, everyone is so worried now about his momentum being too fast. Even though he's still not come close to the momentum on imgay!

I can't help but find these reactions suspicious, you know?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmm... a few people seem to have said this, but it doesn't sound quite right, does it? No one paid much attention to MT's case on B- at all until I brought it up. I even mentioned how disappointing it was, that it was being ignored!

Then once people finally started paying attention, and one or two more people voted b-minus... all of a sudden, everyone is so worried now about his momentum being too fast. Even though he's still not come close to the momentum on imgay!

This isn't true. They have equal votes. The only reason that imgay has more is due to his PR anon vote. It's 5 to 5 without that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

This isn't true. They have equal votes. The only reason that imgay has more is due to his PR anon vote. It's 5 to 5 without that.

But Jimmy mentioned how he expressed that concern earlier, Your Highness... and I remember some others being worried too, when B- was only at four votes.

You're disappointed about the push back on imgay, right? But are you also convinced B- is town? Would you have an issue with the case on him if you weren't so determined to see imgay executed?

You all keep going in circles, talking about the utility of roles... but it means even less than usual in a game like this, right? How disappointing...

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I see your point, but those votes (2-3) for b- came over the space of a couple of hours. I was around when it happened, it just felt really sudden. It calmed down a lot once MMT brought attention to how quickly it was happening, but he has only received votes since. Whereas, imgay has been sitting on five votes for nearly 24 hrs.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Deadline is in an hour and it seems like most of the folks around are imgay voters so I am starting to think it might not happen

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I forgot to do this ##vote B-

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

But Jimmy mentioned how he expressed that concern earlier, Your Highness... and I remember some others being worried too, when B- was only at four votes.

You're disappointed about the push back on imgay, right? But are you also convinced B- is town? Would you have an issue with the case on him if you weren't so determined to see imgay executed?

You all keep going in circles, talking about the utility of roles... but it means even less than usual in a game like this, right? How disappointing...

No, that isn't what you said. This is present tense:

Bifauxnen posted:

Even though he's still not come close to the momentum on imgay!

And also, bminus now has more votes. Who has more momentum?

---

I don't feel strongly he's town no. But I disagree with cuddling claimed good power roles, in general, early in the game, when we have other choices. Because letting them live generally leads to good things regardless.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kitiara posted:

I see your point, but those votes (2-3) for b- came over the space of a couple of hours. I was around when it happened, it just felt really sudden. It calmed down a lot once MMT brought attention to how quickly it was happening, but he has only received votes since. Whereas, imgay has been sitting on five votes for nearly 24 hrs.

fwiw if anything this lends credence to imgay potentially being non-town, since "well wouldn't scum just close the vote out" but in practice it's largely a wash

chaoslord posted:

Deadline is in an hour and it seems like most of the folks around are imgay voters so I am starting to think it might not happen

checking in here and there, I am annoyed that nobody seems willing to entertain a non-imgay or non-bee option but will vote imgay between the two.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (6): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Kitiara, chaoslord, chaoslord, Anonymous
b-minus1 (6): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, imgay, SolusLunes, chaoslord, chaoslord, jimmydalad, SalTheBard
Lynch No One! (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, peramene
jimmydalad (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kitiara, Kitiara, Podima
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (0): jimmydalad, Podima, Podima, jimmydalad
Bifauxnen (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Kitiara (0): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Murmur Twin (0): SalTheBard, SalTheBard

Not Voting (2): Rhjamiz, Yami Fenrir

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 50 minutes.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

checking in here and there, I am annoyed that nobody seems willing to entertain a non-imgay or non-bee option but will vote imgay between the two.

I believe that you noted before that last minute rush votes/lynches were not good to town. Anything other than imgay or b- right now would be a last minute rush vote. Like I am more than happy to entertain another vote, but realistically speaking I don't think we'll get lucky and catch scum with a rush vote right now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Being so pedantic doesn't become royalty like you, King Burgundy!

The votes on imgay came easily and sat at -2 long before deadline, right...?

But B- came later, taking more arguments before he got that one bump after my vote. And then he still waited at four votes until deadline got closer, forcing more action from people.

I wouldn't call their momentums similar at all.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

There’s barely gonna be enough of a chance to get one of imgay or bee across the line, I’m not sure there was another option possible even if we had identified one

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im willing to kill myself at deadline for towns sake

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Being so pedantic doesn't become royalty like you, King Burgundy!

The votes on imgay came easily and sat at -2 long before deadline, right...?

But B- came later, taking more arguments before he got that one bump after my vote. And then he still waited at four votes until deadline got closer, forcing more action from people.

I wouldn't call their momentums similar at all.

Hmmm. Words normally matter to you. Interesting that you are trying to say they suddenly shouldn't matter. This is a very slippery way to get out of being responsible for the things you say in this thread. Catching scum in slips like this is one of the many tools in this here game of mafia, as you well know. Like, your tone problems due to your PR are one thing, but this doesn't feel like a thing town Bif would do.

You are probably at the top of my list for actual scum now. Will be looking hard at you after we take care of imgay.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm saying you misunderstood me, Your Highness... it's something I'm certainly used to! But perhaps it's not by accident?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote imgay

Between the two b- provides more town utility based on roleclaim.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (7): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Kitiara, chaoslord, chaoslord, Podima, Anonymous
b-minus1 (6): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, imgay, SolusLunes, chaoslord, chaoslord, jimmydalad, SalTheBard
Lynch No One! (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, peramene
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (0): jimmydalad, Podima, Podima, jimmydalad
Bifauxnen (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
jimmydalad (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kitiara, Kitiara, Podima, Podima
Kitiara (0): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Murmur Twin (0): SalTheBard, SalTheBard

Not Voting (2): Rhjamiz, Yami Fenrir

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 38 minutes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need your help guys, this is a rough one.

My son Taylor is 9 yrs old, he's our only child and we love the heck outta that little rascal. He has always done well in school but today he was sent home from school, when I picked him up the vice principal informed me that Taylor was making "disturbing satanic drawings". He had a sketchbook with hundreds of bizarre drawings of humanoid creatures. They were genuinely frightening.

As i flipped through his drawings I got more and more upset.

"Taylor what is this? Taylor look at me."

Taylor was rocking back and forth staring at the floor repeating something, some words. I leaned closer and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Son," I asked him again,"What are these drawings?"

Taylor continued to rock back and forth saying nothing but "...dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa ..."

I hugged my boy close and promised him that everything would be alright.

We are at home now, Taylor is sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

*sigh*

This imgay case...this D1... It's merely the opening act, you know.

Perhaps I should say...it's just a farce?

Just a boring farce... So boring, so stressful... I'm so painfully bored that I might develop stomach ulcers...

Seriously! Let's just hurry up and finish this before I collapse from poor health!

##vote imgay

• Locked thread