Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

she wasn't stabbing him, what the hell were you watching

she asked for more money and dutch was all "i got your money right here" and choked her out in front of arthur

and then justified it by briefly pretending to know spanish before shouting "I SAW THE WICKED GLINT OF BETRAYAL IN HER EYES, OKAY"

Ok so I rewatched this on Youtube and I'm not sure why I thought she actually stabbed him, but she does pull a knife and stick it to his throat so I feel like my point still stands that it was pretty weird that Arthur and Dutch get into an argument about whether or not she would have betrayed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Highly recommend the pump action if youre looking for a new gun online, it wrecks just as hard as in the singleplayer, especially with long barrel and rifling. One hit is sometimes enough to make a player stumble or fall over and its quick enough to get a second shot in before they can recover

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
I did one Dispatch mission and ran to the horse, killed a guy who had fallen off it and then rode it right to the end which seemed very close and won. It was like 69 seconds.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

I think the leather fur coat on like the last page of the coats counts, you can get it at fairly low rank too. Get some gloves as well and you should be okay. I venture up there a lot and the freezing damage isn't too bad.

If not I think there are some heavy winter jackets, but not sure what rank they unlock at.

Aishan posted:

The "Rugged" style for the persistent posse seems to give cold weather protection. I used it explore all around the mountains earlier, paid Colter (it's a hideout in online) and the Adler Ranch a visit and it never once prompted me about any negative cold effects.

Quoting both of you to make sure I'll find this tomorrow.

I sorta like having to scrounge for stuff after coming off the abundance of options that is the main story, although the prices seems a tad extreme. I'm betting that when the game goes out of beta R* is going to lower the prices down to what they originally planned to score some free "we listened to the fans" points.

Got a scope on my repeater makes hunting for 3 stars so much easier.
Also, I stumbled onto the option to sell herbs and plants to the doctor for 25 cents a pop. If you're a compulsive picker upper like me you can make a pretty penny whenever you roll through a town with a doctor's office.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ICMB posted:

I did one Dispatch mission and ran to the horse, killed a guy who had fallen off it and then rode it right to the end which seemed very close and won. It was like 69 seconds.

How many players were in the event with you though?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

So I'm looking extremely hard and I cannot find the option to only see the names people want these characters to be known as.

And I"m beginning to suspect from the reddit posts that there is none.

Why did they make me name myself if it's pointless?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Will a temporary horse stay at the horse station if I leave it there, or do I need to stable it to keep it from disappearing?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I got spawned at the finish line in horse dispatch and the guy on it had 1hp left. I popped him, moved the horse 3 feet and got 5 bucks.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
i've restarted RDO 3 times now because it's seemingly impossible to make a black woman who doesn't look like either a racist caricature or a total horror show. is that just how it is? do i make peace and go nuts with it, abandoning all hope of appearing human?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Is there a trick to catching legendary fish? I just sit there in the spot with the special lure and nothing ever bites :effort:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
If anyone has been avoiding doing the Race series on Online because horse racing sounds boring, give it a shot. I didn't think they would be fun compared to racing in GTAO. But the wipeouts and ragdolls are pretty entertaining. Sometimes people go down like a pack of cyclists when just one person gets beat off their horse. They should add crowbars or 2x4s that you could bash people with too.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is there a trick to catching legendary fish? I just sit there in the spot with the special lure and nothing ever bites :effort:

Make sure it's the correct lure. I kept using the lake lure in pools but since the pool is on a river, it counts as a river. There are also a couple of them that seem to work only from a very specific point on the waterline. The Elysian pool one for example seems to only catch on the northwest corner of the pool.

Otherwise sometimes it just takes a few recasts.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Slim Killington posted:

Make sure it's the correct lure. I kept using the lake lure in pools but since the pool is on a river, it counts as a river. There are also a couple of them that seem to work only from a very specific point on the waterline. The Elysian pool one for example seems to only catch on the northwest corner of the pool.

Otherwise sometimes it just takes a few recasts.

You can also spot the legendary fish sometimes in eagle eye to help you pick a casting location. It can be tough if they're the same kind as other fish in the area but often they are larger than other fish. I've found most to be easy but there's a few I haven't caught (Van Horn, Lake Isabella) that I have tried to catch and not had luck and gotten fed up.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I've never been able to spot a legendary fish in detective mode, I just cast into the middle of the drawing on the map and usually get it on the first or second try.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

In Online, what causes you to show up on the map in the shootouts? Running and shooting?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Can someone post an actual working link to the Discord?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Depends, how many gold bars you got on you.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Powershift posted:

Depends, how many gold bars you got on you.

0.38, until the store opens and I can flex on the unemployed and underage.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aishan posted:

The "Rugged" style for the persistent posse

Could you explain this a bit?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I finally got to Chapter 4 and I choose to take Dutch's speech on its inspiring and optimistic surface level and assume there is no foreboding going on at all! :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What’s the deal with the outrageously fast stamina drain when swimming? I can’t swim the length of a dock.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

What’s the deal with the outrageously fast stamina drain when swimming? I can’t swim the length of a dock.

heavy clothes and heavier guns, either get a boat or risk using your horse

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

veni veni veni posted:

Have you ever been swimming? poo poo usually gets me tired halfway through the first stroke. For what it's worth, I never really learned to swim properly and smoke a poo poo ton of cigarettes. Much like John Marston.

Anybody playing this poo poo on the Xbox? I'm tired of taking out five man posses by myself and need some people to hunt the greatest game with.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

https://discord.gg/QudAqyJ

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Have you ever been swimming? poo poo usually gets me tired halfway through the first stroke. For what it's worth, I never really learned to swim properly and smoke a poo poo ton of cigarettes. Much like John Marston.

Anybody playing this poo poo on the Xbox? I'm tired of taking out five man posses by myself and need some people to hunt the greatest game with.

Add me: Arrgtehpirate

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

TulliusCicero posted:

Edit: I'm worried about getting invested too soon as well, they wipe your beta character, it's easier to make money but all my cool stuff and the character I spent time making is gone :negative:

Citation needed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Lol, yes I used to swim laps. I’m pretty sure babies dropped into a pool for the first time could out-swim Arthur. If your are kaput after one stroke I suggest a doctors visit.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I finally got to Chapter 4 and I choose to take Dutch's speech on its inspiring and optimistic surface level and assume there is no foreboding going on at all! :)

This is my biggest problem with the story, he's supposed to be this ultra charismatic leader who inspires a group of people to follow him to the ends of the earth, but also hard enough that he can keep a bunch of criminals together to pull off all sorts of nefarious activities without it imploding, but he's such an incompetent moron from the moment you're introduced to him. None of his plans get carried off, he makes long winded speeches to nobody (seriously, he's constantly proselytizing over by his tent while everybody just goes about their normal activities like "yeah we hear you shut up old man") , he fucks up left and right. They needed to show him actually be these things he's purported to be to make his downfall actually mean something. From the beginning of the game I was very confused as to why anyone goes along with anything this guy does, even Micah would actually be able to get poo poo done better and quicker than Dutch.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Thanks, appreciated.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oxxidation posted:

arthur likes people who have no illusions about themselves

I don't think I ever saw Arthur happier than during the gallery scene with the french guy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have some general beginning questions

1 How do I donate ammo or medicine
2 When should I actually start worrying about upgrades
3 Are any story missions missable
4 Should I buy any guns ever or just loot them (I have two of the gunslinger revolvers already)
5 In general should I worry about looting obsessively or just chill out and do whatever
6 Same question but about hunting

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It was a real stroke of genius making "get on horse" and "body slam a motherfucker" on the same button, and subsequently having "surrender" and "aim gun at the cops" also be the same button.

precision posted:

I have some general beginning questions

1 How do I donate ammo or medicine
2 When should I actually start worrying about upgrades
3 Are any story missions missable
4 Should I buy any guns ever or just loot them (I have two of the gunslinger revolvers already)
5 In general should I worry about looting obsessively or just chill out and do whatever
6 Same question but about hunting

1. you don't need to. I don't believe you even can
2. Never. Upgrade what you want when you want
3. Not sure. It doesn't seem like it
4. Yeah buy guns if you want them. new pickup are few and far between and you will be swimming in $$$by chapter 2 or 3
5. The latter.
6. It's totally up to you. Hunt if you want to. The rewards are minimal aside from some crazy looking costumes a trapper can craft for you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

screaden posted:

This is my biggest problem with the story, he's supposed to be this ultra charismatic leader who inspires a group of people to follow him to the ends of the earth, but also hard enough that he can keep a bunch of criminals together to pull off all sorts of nefarious activities without it imploding, but he's such an incompetent moron from the moment you're introduced to him. None of his plans get carried off, he makes long winded speeches to nobody (seriously, he's constantly proselytizing over by his tent while everybody just goes about their normal activities like "yeah we hear you shut up old man") , he fucks up left and right. They needed to show him actually be these things he's purported to be to make his downfall actually mean something. From the beginning of the game I was very confused as to why anyone goes along with anything this guy does, even Micah would actually be able to get poo poo done better and quicker than Dutch.

Should've followed Bill as the leader. His heists get done. :clint:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay good. I'm trying to make myself just relax and explore but I also keep having a compulsive need to return to camp by sundown or stay in a hotel every night. My Arthur is a fancy boy I guess (and has the clothes for it!)

But real talk whoever designed the inventory system should be hogtied

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

veni veni veni posted:

It was a real stroke of genius making "get on horse" and "body slam a motherfucker" on the same button, and subsequently having "surrender" and "aim gun at the cops" also be the same button.

I remember when I first came upon that logging camp a tree fell on some dude and when I went to go help lift it the prompt instead made me grab the nearest dude and they all went hostile.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Should've followed Bill as the leader. His heists get done. :clint:

Seriously. For all the talk that Bill is an idiot all of his plans seem to work

I do blame a lot of Dutch's impulsiveness on a sociopath who just wants things to burn.

From what Arthur and Josiah say though, it seems like Dutch was always way too idealistic and pompous, but he was a more likable guy apparently when he was younger. The real brain of the outfit appears to be Josiah tbh.

I kinda want a prequel about Josiah in his younger days tbh. He is a very interesting and fun character

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 3, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Prequel where you play as the cook in the Navy

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

In RDRO I made my group accept a mission to rob a stage coach for an honor boost? I mean I had to see what kind of stagecoach robbery would boost all of our honor. And then nothing happened. Did I misread? did we agree to stop that from happening? No goddamn waypoint or anything just tense music that never went away.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

TulliusCicero posted:

Seriously. For all the talk that Bill is an idiot all of his plans seem to work

I do blame a lot of Dutch's impulsiveness on a sociopath who just wants things to burn.

From what Arthur and Josiah say though, it seems like Dutch was always way too idealistic and pompous, but he was a more likable guy apparently when he was younger. The real brain of the outfit appears to be Josiah tbh.

I kinda want a prequel about Josiah in his younger days tbh. He is a very interesting and fun character

You mean Hosea? Josiah is the trickster conman with the weird accent and top hat who constantly leaves the camp and only shows up a handful of times. But yeah.

Also someone earlier was asking about being able to kill domesticated livestock without the honour hit. You can get cows and bulls in the epilogue from Hanging Dog Ranch because it's now run by evil ranchers instead of the O'Driscolls but it seems for everything else you just gotta take the ding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Sequel where you play as Jack in 1914 and ASSASSINATE THE ARCHDUKE FERDINAND!

Black Hand Redemption.