Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to budge on d1 being largely featherpuffing especially in a game like this but I am totally in agreement with

Podima posted:

Yo leaving like this without a vote down outright is real bad, on top of stuff like claiming you picked Miller in a CYOR game. ##vote Yami

but i do confess that the moment I read the miller claim my heart was filled with joy at the idea and if it is true, I'm delighted at the audacity but it was a super weird idea to claim it early

like if you get caught with a guilty on you, then you can claim miller and - ooooh espesh in a game like this where you make a role with no idea what the alignment will end up being - present your flavour (as certainly designed) as a justification for miller status

I'm Not Sure That Would Fly With Asiina but I think I'm biased, because I love fun, and Asiina hates fun, so of course my enjoying it means it has no chance of being approved

unless she made you a miller, which is totally what I would have said in the above situation after gettin' copped (but not now)

Podima posted:

:question: ^^ This doesn't match up with this vv :question:

the second statement is a joke referencing Sonic Adventure 2's bewildering conclusion and not a sincere remark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (9): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Kitiara, chaoslord, chaoslord, Podima, Bifauxnen, Anonymous, Anonymous
b-minus1 (5): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, imgay, SolusLunes, chaoslord, chaoslord, jimmydalad, SalTheBard, Bifauxnen
Lynch No One! (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, peramene
Podima (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (0): jimmydalad, Podima, Podima, jimmydalad
Bifauxnen (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
jimmydalad (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kitiara, Kitiara, Podima, Podima
Kitiara (0): Podima, Podima, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Murmur Twin (0): SalTheBard, SalTheBard

Not Voting (2): Rhjamiz, Yami Fenrir

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 36 minutes.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
if there aren't any objections i'll see to staking the poor vampire

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

:redhammer:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay, Dracula, town-aligned vampire was executed D1.

It is now N1.

Nights are OPEN but no game talk during nights.

Action resolution is going to take forever because you guys are assholes, so I would humbly request that you get actions in within the next 12 hours so I have a hope of starting the day within 24 hours.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

imgay, Dracula, town-aligned vampire was executed D1.

this loving hedgehog is the spitting image of kb, tell me ya'll see it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Actually I've decided I'll post full Role PMs with end of day flips.

JJ:

quote:

You are a Clicker Game

You are a Clicker

Begin with 0 Clicks
Gain 1 Click every time someone quotes me
Gain 3 Clicks every time someone votes me
Gain 10 Clicks every time someone else uses an ability of any kind of ability on me, an ability affects me, or I trigger another player's passive ability that affects me.

Abilities:
Fake day actions. I can fake day actions at any time - you don't need to play along, no fake kill actions.
Buy click machine. Costs 3 clicks. Gives me 1 click each day and 1 click each night. (so it'll generate a profit in 2 day/night cycles).
Buy 1-shot BP. Costs 8 clicks.
Buy 1-shot dayvig. Costs 16 clicks.
Buy 1-shot rolecop. Costs 6 clicks.
Buy 1-shot ability immunity. Still gives me points from the ability being used on me. Costs 24 clicks.
Buy 1-shot extra vote. Costs 30 clicks.
Buy shop upgrade. Makes the 1-shot purchases into 1 per day/night cycle purchases. Will also upgrade pre-purchased ones if not already used. Costs 50 clicks.
Buy unconfirmed masonry between me and a player of my choice. Costs 4 clicks. Purchasing multiple times will let me add other players to the same masonry, or make new masonries.
Buy click machine overdrive. Doubles the output of click machines. Purchasable once. Costs 21 clicks.
Ascension. Costs 100 clicks. Resets my clicks to 0, removes all previous purchases excluding unconfirmed masonries, and lets me add a new ability of my design and your approval to my role.
Ultimate Ascension. Costs 1000 clicks. Wins me the game outright, regardless of any other victories or whatever my regular win condition is.

Your clicks are counted up at the end of each day and night and I'll let you know your current total at those times (but feel free to also double check my math on it).

You are Town and win when all threats to town have been removed.

Opop:

quote:

You are John Munch

You have Unreliable Firecrackers

You have unlimited random dayvigs. During the day you may type ##firecracker and a random target might be dayvigged. However your firecrackers are pretty badly designed and don't always work properly, they may have unintended effects. Additionally, each time you use them, you increase the chance that they will backfire catastrophically onto you. This chance is doubled every time you try to use them more than once in the same day.

imgay:

quote:

You are Dracula

You are a Vampire

Each night you may bite another player. When bitten by dracula they have to speak in spoilers or else the sunlight hurts them and makes them hated(which stacks). This applies to you as well. One random player has the The Red Stone of Aja and when bitten or killed gives the stone to dracula which lets you become the ultimate lifeform and able to speak out of spoilers without consequence.

If you die the curse is lifted from all players.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I’ll drink to imgay

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I feel like that hedgehog pic is designed specifically to make me feel bad.

It won't work!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

You are a Clicker

Begin with 0 Clicks
Gain 1 Click every time someone quotes me
Gain 3 Clicks every time someone votes me
Gain 10 Clicks every time someone else uses an ability of any kind of ability on me, an ability affects me, or I trigger another player's passive ability that affects me.

Abilities:
Fake day actions. I can fake day actions at any time - you don't need to play along, no fake kill actions.
Buy click machine. Costs 3 clicks. Gives me 1 click each day and 1 click each night. (so it'll generate a profit in 2 day/night cycles).
Buy 1-shot BP. Costs 8 clicks.
Buy 1-shot dayvig. Costs 16 clicks.
Buy 1-shot rolecop. Costs 6 clicks.
Buy 1-shot ability immunity. Still gives me points from the ability being used on me. Costs 24 clicks.
Buy 1-shot extra vote. Costs 30 clicks.
Buy shop upgrade. Makes the 1-shot purchases into 1 per day/night cycle purchases. Will also upgrade pre-purchased ones if not already used. Costs 50 clicks.
Buy unconfirmed masonry between me and a player of my choice. Costs 4 clicks. Purchasing multiple times will let me add other players to the same masonry, or make new masonries.
Buy click machine overdrive. Doubles the output of click machines. Purchasable once. Costs 21 clicks.
Ascension. Costs 100 clicks. Resets my clicks to 0, removes all previous purchases excluding unconfirmed masonries, and lets me add a new ability of my design and your approval to my role.
Ultimate Ascension. Costs 1000 clicks. Wins me the game outright, regardless of any other victories or whatever my regular win condition is.

Your clicks are counted up at the end of each day and night and I'll let you know your current total at those times (but feel free to also double check my math on it).

this is the best role i have ever laid eyes upon

i am loving FURIOUS jj is dead LOOK AT WHAT YOU TOOK FROM US OPOP look upon your shame

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

You have Unreliable Firecrackers

You have unlimited random dayvigs. During the day you may type ##firecracker and a random target might be dayvigged. However your firecrackers are pretty badly designed and don't always work properly, they may have unintended effects. Additionally, each time you use them, you increase the chance that they will backfire catastrophically onto you. This chance is doubled every time you try to use them more than once in the same day.

unlimited

random

dayvigs

i hope like hell she preloaded your death on 2, how dare you, how dare you

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

You are a Vampire

Each night you may bite another player. When bitten by dracula they have to speak in spoilers or else the sunlight hurts them and makes them hated(which stacks). This applies to you as well. One random player has the "The Red Stone of Aja" and when bitten or killed gives the stone to dracula which lets you become the ultimate lifeform and able to speak out of spoilers without consequence.

If you die the curse is lifted from all players.

on the other hand this role is much more interesting if you don't suffer the spoiler curse and only as scum. or as a bizarre... arsonist style 3p... yes...

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i know i'm always mean to you you fuckass raccoon or whatever it was but god drat it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

unlimited

random

dayvigs

i hope like hell she preloaded your death on 2, how dare you, how dare you

After seeing these players I realize I was not nearly creative enough.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

You and me both my friend.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

I would humbly request that you get actions in within the next 12 hours so I have a hope of starting the day within 24 hours.

Did somebody say hope?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SalTheBard posted:

I was creative in that I let everyone else be creative for me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Same

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
SolusLunes, Yenta, Scum-aligned Matchmaker died N1.

quote:

You are Yenta

You are a Matchmaker

Each night you may pick two people, they target each other with their night actions. Even self-targeted actions get targeted to the other person.

You are Scum and win when you control the vote.

Podima, Drunken Shine Master, Town-aligned Shiner died N1.

quote:

Asiina wrote on Nov 29, 2018 8:26 PM:
You are a Drunken Shine Master

You are a Shiner

Magical Moonshine - each night, may use a different 1-Shot ability (anything permissible by the moderator). May opt to make the action Unstoppable, but each other person visiting the target has a 50% chance to gain 1 Shine that they may use to make a subsequent action of theirs Unstoppable.

Drawback: Shine is Real - must provide pictorial proof that you are drinking when submitting your action. If the thread has open nights, this must be posted in the thread.

Unrelated: You also, inexplicably, share an unconfirmed masonry with MMT just because lets mix all the IPs into one.

It is now D2.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 3, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, chaoslord, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, peramene, Rhjamiz, SalTheBard, Yami Fenrir

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
MMT, what was the result of your dice rolls?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

When I said dayvig I meant night vig

Solus paid the iron price

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

When I said dayvig I meant night vig

Solus paid the iron price

What a lucky result! I can't think of anything else that could have convinced me to not go on casing b-minus today...

...Oh, also I had a very unusual night myself.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But Podima-kun...! he was the one who made the most effort to understand me...

It's ok though!! Despair this great can only make our hope shine brighter once we overcome it, right!!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I thought Imgay died though. Does this mean that someone has the ability to use dead people abilities? Or can take on the mantle of dead characters?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

*sigh*

I don't know why a dead person's action was used on me, but it seems like thinking about something like that won't really help us understand. So let's just move on.

I was already feeling so disappointed this morning. Even before I heard the announcement...

I was really looking forward to crushing Burgundy-san and his despair with the unstoppable power of hope! But the more I thought about it, only a town KB would probably be that infuriating and insufferable.

I'm still considering Kitiara, and possibly Jimmy and Yami. But I also promised Podima-kun... I'll start here today.

##vote peramene

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ngl, I play most of the game on tablet so having to click on all the spoilers is... interesting to say the least.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

jimmydalad posted:

MMT, what was the result of your dice rolls?

EIGHT, EASY EIGHT, NO FIELD,
DON'T AND COMES GO TO THE EIGHT

...unlike the person I tracked last night, the results of which I'll share later in the day unless someone objects.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

jimmydalad posted:

Ngl, I play most of the game on tablet so having to click on all the spoilers is... interesting to say the least.

it's f*cking annoying

i guess the word got out that podima was having a shine party, because he had a few visitors last night. anyone wanna fess up before i reveal?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Murmur Twin posted:

...unlike the person I tracked last night, the results of which I'll share later in the day unless someone objects.

was it me :allears:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

imgay (9): Kitiara, Kitiara, b-minus1, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, Murmur Twin, chaoslord, Kitiara, chaoslord, chaoslord, Podima, Bifauxnen, Anonymous, Anonymous
[/quote]

Making this list here because it seems about as good a place to start as any. The two anon votes are annoying, but not a lot we can do about that. :/

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok, so coding hosed up with reposting the votes, but the point is there. With the flip, we can probably assume that at least one person in that group is scum. Probably easy for scum to not commit too hard because of the two anon votes. I’m assuming they come from Imgay accidentally posting without spoilers twice?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Hmmm... I knew Solus' death was too much unearned good luck. First Podima-kun, and now this may be confusing as well... My bad luck may be just beginning!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

*sigh*

I don't know why a dead person's action was used on me, but it seems like thinking about something like that won't really help us understand. So let's just move on.

I was already feeling so disappointed this morning. Even before I heard the announcement...

I was really looking forward to crushing Burgundy-san and his despair with the unstoppable power of hope! But the more I thought about it, only a town KB would probably be that infuriating and insufferable.

I'm still considering Kitiara, and possibly Jimmy and Yami. But I also promised Podima-kun... I'll start here today.

##vote peramene

I can tell you right now Bifu senpai that this is probably an incorrect line unless you've got night action info backing it.

Podima posted:

ughhh cmon dude.

:question: ^^ This doesn't match up with this vv :question:

This is interesting though. My statement i suppose is ambiguous enough that you might consider a contradiction, but it doesn't immediately seem like one on first glance, so the interpretation here is really uncharitable.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Are you accepting rolls for today MMT? If so, I can take a gander at the dice?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

i guess the word got out that podima was having a shine party, because he had a few visitors last night. anyone wanna fess up before i reveal?

Or is this more good luck instead?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m guessing you visited Pod last night Bifaux?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

Or is this more good luck instead?

huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I can tell you right now Bifu senpai that this is probably an incorrect line unless you've got night action info backing it.

You mean you think pera-sempai is town? Well, I definitely don't have any night actions to back it. It's merely my pitiful suspicion!

I'm not sure if just your word is enough for me to drop it though. I promised Podima-kun I would revisit his suspicion of her today, and...

Ah, what deep despair! But even despair this great will always be defeated by hope in the end!!

• Locked thread