Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Is my cat sufficiently orange to be included here?

Bonus: Kitten pic..

Edit: After reviewing the above pictures, I've come to the conclusion I need to vacuum my rug more often....

stevewm fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Rug looks ok to me. Kitten however, exhibits too much cuteness which seems to be corrupting any conclusive determination. More evidence is required, unfortunately. Please submit it here for further review.

Looks almost identical to mine. I even have a similar Christmas tree shot, but a lot of my pics aren't hosted yet...one day.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Cat, while gorgeous, not very orange. More pictures required to add up to proper orangeness levels.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Update!

When we last saw our hero, Sir Thomas the Snaggletoothed, he had completed his quest to find shelter only to discover that not only was he mortally wounded, but likely contagious to his rescuers.

OH NO! (da-da-duuuuuhhhhhhh)

We had a bit of a scare about a week into quarantine where I scooped all the litterboxes with the same scoop, which freaked my wife out w/r/t FeLV transmission. The vet talked us off the ledge on that one, and we've been moving him back and forth between our son's room and our daughters room every few days so he doesn't feel like he's completely shut off from the rest of the world.

We've also had some adventures into my man cave slash office when I've worked from home

As well as a night of locking the other four cats in our bedroom and letting him have free run of the upstairs of the house for a family movie night. He didn't care about playing lapcat on the couch, but was highly interested in the catnip fish that now resides in whatever bedroom he's quarantined in.

That is his default position by the way. He flops right over for belly rubs and neck scratches if you so much as look at him.

He's been thoroughly enjoying the cat tree that overlooks the guinea pig cage in my son's room (no pictures), as well as things like my daughter sneaking my wife's laptop and a pint of ice cream into her room and sharing.

So we honestly did not expect him to live this long with the way the vet talked about it. The kids going back to school seems to have hit him hard since he's essentially locked in a room alone all day while the other cats have free reign of the house, but my wife only works weekends and spends as much time with him as she can between errands and general house cleaning/maintenance. He has days where it seems that he doesn't do much but lay in the bed staring at a corner or looking out the window, but he tends perks right up when someone comes in the room and is perfectly content to snuggle right next to whoever is sitting on the bed with him and watch some TV, play laser pointer, or attack a catnip toy.

His meow also sounds like a honk.

The kids are still taking it hard that he's not going to be here very much longer, but he's come a long way in the 6 weeks since he showed up. He's still a lot thinner than we'd like, and he tends to just lick the gravy from the wet food, but we manage to get a couple cans of it in him every day. He doesn't seem to have much interest in the kibble, and with the way his teeth look, I'm not sure I blame him. He had zero interest in the prescription rescue food that we got from the vet either. Still working on getting the brushing the all the mats out.

Edit: My wife is a huge dork with Snapchat

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 4, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Y’all probably saw my Chester thread and I got him a little buddy. He’s gonna be ENORMOUS. I always wanted an orange cat and I am not creative and he is named Garfield (or Lil’ G)

He matches his bed!!!

And matches everything and likes scratching. Sooo many scratches on my hands and feet 😻

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Those giant ears and paws, yeah, that's gonna be a big cat. Congrats!

Here's Oscar keeping guard by my desk chair.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

skaboomizzy posted:

Those giant ears and paws, yeah, that's gonna be a big cat. Congrats!

Here's Oscar keeping guard by my desk chair.

That is a good catte.

I will make sure to post pics when Garfield is 15lbs, 1.5 ft tall, and 2.5 ft long. He’s growing every day, it’s weird and scary. My big Lil’ G

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

CommanderApaul posted:

Update!

When we last saw our hero, Sir Thomas the Snaggletoothed, he had completed his quest to find shelter only to discover that not only was he mortally wounded, but likely contagious to his rescuers.

OH NO! (da-da-duuuuuhhhhhhh)

We had a bit of a scare about a week into quarantine where I scooped all the litterboxes with the same scoop, which freaked my wife out w/r/t FeLV transmission. The vet talked us off the ledge on that one, and we've been moving him back and forth between our son's room and our daughters room every few days so he doesn't feel like he's completely shut off from the rest of the world.

We've also had some adventures into my man cave slash office when I've worked from home

As well as a night of locking the other four cats in our bedroom and letting him have free run of the upstairs of the house for a family movie night. He didn't care about playing lapcat on the couch, but was highly interested in the catnip fish that now resides in whatever bedroom he's quarantined in.

That is his default position by the way. He flops right over for belly rubs and neck scratches if you so much as look at him.

He's been thoroughly enjoying the cat tree that overlooks the guinea pig cage in my son's room (no pictures), as well as things like my daughter sneaking my wife's laptop and a pint of ice cream into her room and sharing.

So we honestly did not expect him to live this long with the way the vet talked about it. The kids going back to school seems to have hit him hard since he's essentially locked in a room alone all day while the other cats have free reign of the house, but my wife only works weekends and spends as much time with him as she can between errands and general house cleaning/maintenance. He has days where it seems that he doesn't do much but lay in the bed staring at a corner or looking out the window, but he tends perks right up when someone comes in the room and is perfectly content to snuggle right next to whoever is sitting on the bed with him and watch some TV, play laser pointer, or attack a catnip toy.

His meow also sounds like a honk.

The kids are still taking it hard that he's not going to be here very much longer, but he's come a long way in the 6 weeks since he showed up. He's still a lot thinner than we'd like, and he tends to just lick the gravy from the wet food, but we manage to get a couple cans of it in him every day. He doesn't seem to have much interest in the kibble, and with the way his teeth look, I'm not sure I blame him. He had zero interest in the prescription rescue food that we got from the vet either. Still working on getting the brushing the all the mats out.

Edit: My wife is a huge dork with Snapchat

Our vet told us that when he started to go downhill, that it was going to be fast. We weren't expecting it to be quite so fast. He stopped eating solid food completely on Saturday, and after a couple days of some cat soup things my wife found at the pet store, he stopped eating those too. When I took him in last night his mass had gone to baseball sized and his belly was full of fluid, and he was almost skeletal. We buried him in our kitty garden out back, under a weeping pussy willow tree that we planted this past summer for all of them.

I hope we gave him a happy last two months. :(

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm sure you did. Thank you for being there for him.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

CommanderApaul posted:

Our vet told us that when he started to go downhill, that it was going to be fast. We weren't expecting it to be quite so fast. He stopped eating solid food completely on Saturday, and after a couple days of some cat soup things my wife found at the pet store, he stopped eating those too. When I took him in last night his mass had gone to baseball sized and his belly was full of fluid, and he was almost skeletal. We buried him in our kitty garden out back, under a weeping pussy willow tree that we planted this past summer for all of them.

You are good people. Man, it's getting really dusty in here.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The photos you posted made it clear how happy he was with your family. Please be proud of that; you did right by that guy, and I'm sorry you had to lose him.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

CommanderApaul posted:

You undoubtedly did. You did a good thing there, and gave him lots of love. Thank you for that!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

CommanderApaul posted:

He got to sleep on comfy beds, get all the pets and scritches he could want, and share ice cream. Sounds pretty good to me. :unsmith:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

CommanderApaul posted:

I’m sure you did. You’re a good man Charlie Brown

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

That was a very lucky cat. Thanks for being so kind to him. Sounds like he appreciated it.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
You gave him a good comfortable last two months, with all the love and affection and care he could've wanted. When his pain grew too much to bear, you took it away and let him go in peace.

I'm sure if he could, he'd be thanking you.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I got a new computer chair. Nacho got the box of his dreams.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

Update on our dearly departed Thomas. My wife is pissed off as gently caress and to be honest, so am I.

She took OJ up to the vet last Friday for excessive vomiting (again, stop eating carpet fibers and guinea pig hay you rear end in a top hat), and found a printout from pawboost posted on the Lost and Found board of Thomas (nee Chucky, apparently).

We found Thomas in our garage on August 21st, took him to the vet the same day for an initial consult. He was matted all to poo poo, had that golf-ball sized cyst (that turned out to be a tumor) on his side, teeth rotten, gums swollen, and was emaciated as hell. The vet at that time said he'd been outside for probably a couple months at least. When we went back in and got the full workup a week and a half later, and got the FeLV and double cancer bomb, they estimated him at 15+ years.

The poster:

"Chucky is orange in color, missing one canine tooth, and has a quarter sized cyst on his side. He has not been declawed but has been neutered. He is very friendly, responds to his name, and will probably talk your ear off. Chucky is 17 years old, and has been an indoor cat his entire life. Please take the time to share this, and/or call or post comments if you think you've spotted him. Many, many thanks!

Last seen August 20th"

AUGUST loving 20TH. That cat was outside for a DAY before he wandered into our garage looking like that! A DAY!

We emailed and called the contact information on the flyer to explain what happened, because we would want to know if it was one of our furbabies, but OMG I can't get over the condition he was in. It's been a week and they haven't called or emailed back.

The absolute worst part is that we know where they live, and he could see his house from the end of our driveway when he was sunning himself while watching the kids play. And he never wandered back in the week and a half he stayed in our garage with the door cracked, and they never responded to the flyers we put up around the neighborhood.

Since this is the orange cat thread.

OJ (orange), Donnie (orange/white) and Eevee (tortie)(blame the kids for that name) in a snuggle pile:

Donnie and Eevee being boyfriend and girlfriend after mutual bathtime:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
He decided where his real home was and you took great care of him. That's the best case scenario we have as cat butlers; that they decide they want to be in our home and we make them happy to be there.

My parents were visiting for a week which led to a shakeup in Oscar's routine. He ADORES my mom and will let her scritch his belly which means I get pictures like this:

The downside is that my dad takes Oscar's place on the love-seat while they visit so for the last several days since they left Oscar's been just camped out there for like 16 hours a day to reclaim it:

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 9, 2018

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/mBGOjWG.mp4

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

This is Meowcifur. He's a bit short on orange, but he makes up for it with copious purrs and generously pink beans.

Geki wishes the holidays would gently caress off already.

She is as pink-beaned as she is loathful of the world, but unlike her new baby brother, she is selfish with them.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

He is precious.

Rawr.

Classic handsome.

See?

I think he looks funny here.

He has glorious buns. Check out this perfect lambchop :swoon:

Okay, bye!

stevewm
May 10, 2005

I rearranged my desk to get a little more room.

All I really did was make room for Shaggy to get into more comfortable positions.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

stevewm posted:

I rearranged my desk for Shaggy to get into more comfortable positions.

FTFY

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Excellent content, please enjoy a rare Oscar dangle

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

stevewm posted:

All I really did was make room for Shaggy to get into more comfortable positions.

hey i have that same screwdriver set.
if you are a regular computer-toucher (or do any sort of disassembly-reassembly of electronics), i recommend you invest in a boxer set

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

stevewm posted:

Please tell me you rubbed that belly

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Dungeon Ecology posted:

hey i have that same screwdriver set.
if you are a regular computer-toucher (or do any sort of disassembly-reassembly of electronics), i recommend you invest in a boxer set

I already have a set nearly identical to that :D

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

Please tell me you rubbed that belly

Oh yes.. many times. Sometimes a trap though.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

Local rescue posted up that they needed someone to take in this guy for a while back on the 3rd. We had a tripod named Frankenkitty for 7 years before he died of bowel cancer, and I have a soft spot in my heart for them, I love how Frank would plop over on the remaining half of his butt while his hip twitched trying to scratch his ear with a leg that wasn't there. Then he'd stare at me, meow, and do it again if I hadn't bent down to scratch it for him yet. That's how he introduced himself to me at the cat rescue we found him at, and I melted immediately. And this one's ORANGE!

He had a badly broken leg, looked kinda like a flamingo to be honest, and was scared half to death. He had an appointment for the 10th for an amputation, and they needed someone who could give him pain meds 2x daily and try to fatten him up a bit. He's not feral and he's already neutered, so not sure what happened to him.

He hissed and growled when anyone came in the room and it scared the crap out of my wife, who said he was a devil cat (but SHE wanted to foster him!). I laid down on the floor just inside arms reach of him and talked all quiet to him, and eventually calmed down enough for pets. Loves his neck and sides scratched, especially the side he can't do himself, and he flopped over and kneaded the floor and purred like crazy. As soon as you move away, he starts screaming again, which we figured out after a day or so means "no, pet me MORE". But as soon as you stand up, his eyes get all wide and he starts cowering again, so he's going to need some work. I'm pretty sure he's just been in so much pain he can't process much else. Eats anything you put in front of him like he's never eaten before.

It was mostly a pretty uneventful week. Despite having to drag him out of the cage twice a day for meds, he never swatted or bit at anyone, and only scratched me a bit trying to get away from getting his maw pried open for the pain meds, and nipped at me once when I touched his bad foot on accident. Put up with both the kids fawning over him constantly. Still doesn't trust my wife which is pretty hilarious. But he starts kneading when you pet his sides, leans in for head scratches and plops over for neck/ear scratches. Even seems to enjoy a bit of belly rubs.

My 7yo daughter came along to drop him off for surgery, and she spend the whole ride there with the carrier on her lap, reassuring him in a singsong voice that it was going to be OK, and telling him stories about how "They can cut your leg off without you being killed, mommy and daddy had a three legged kitty before I was born" and "This will make you feel better and then you'll like being snuggled," etc.

We picked him up today post surgery, he has 10 days of daily antibiotics, 2 more days of antiinflammitories and I don't know how many more days of pain meds. Stitches come out in two weeks. He refused to come out of the carrier, so I took it apart and starting petting him. He just flopped over like it was a box to hangout in, so he's not doing too bad. Also he's so thin his spine sticking out looks like lizard spines. Freaked out our son.

Donnie and OJ both came sniffing at the carrier in the hallway yesterday morning before we left, and today when we brought him home. They don't seem to care that he's here, no hissing or meowing, and neither of them seem to care that our hands smell like that weird cat. Callie doesn't give a poo poo about anything anyways, so she's good. Eevee, on the other hand, is in full tortie bitch mode and hisses at my hands after I've been in petting him, but that's calmed down a little bit.

Don't know if we're going to be able to keep him after fostering, but I wouldn't mind having a ravenous tripod around the house again. I still miss Frank, and he's been gone for 7 years. He had the most personality of any cat I've ever seen, and I'd love to see if this guy is like that too, with a bit of an orange kitty twist.

The rescue named him Laken, but he doesn't look like a Laken. Kids want to name him Lincoln because he's orange like a penny, but there's an rear end in a top hat kid up the street named Lincoln.

I want to name him something suitable like Pogo. Or Drei. Or Half-assed Hank.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

What a good little guy! Whether you're able to keep him or not, you're doing him a great kindness by giving him a safe, comfortable place to recover.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I guess this is comfortable.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cats have no bones, everyone knows this. They are actually amorphous blobs supported by very flexible cartilage, which allows them to assume a roughly cat-like shape.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

My dad found Marko seeking seafood in a Red Lobster dumpster 14 years ago.

He grew up strong and he grew up fast and lived most of his life with his orange compadre Max.

Today I had to bury him. I miss you buddy.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Rip Marko. I hope Max is ok.

Looks like a special boy if, for no other reason, he was chill in a car at any point in his life.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

he got to spend his life with someone who loves him, which is kind of the best any of us could ask for

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I want to share a rare Oscar loaf.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
:discourse:

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Agreed. Baked to perfection, wonderful crust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Oscar looks like my sister's cat if he was as round as her other cat (it could be the loaf skewing the perspective though :3:)