Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They're rough to go back to after 4 but still cool to experience

Yeah I briefly turned them off and all the tension was gone, the zombies seem really easy to avoid otherwise. I've got to say I really appreciate how oppressive the fixed camera angles are where you can't tell sometimes if a zombie is at the other end of the room or right next to you until you take a few steps forwards. and (assuming this wasn't in the PSX version) the remake does a really good job playing with them further by adding shadows and reflections in mirrors to keep an eye on.

Also i'm playing on Climbing A Mountain Mode and am I just supposed to run past a lot of stuff? Ammo is really scarce and the only way i've found to get a one hit kill is aiming upwards with a shotgun when an enemy is right next to me. Is there a way to stomp on heads or something when zombies get knocked to the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yeah I briefly turned them off and all the tension was gone, the zombies seem really easy to avoid otherwise. I've got to say I really appreciate how oppressive the fixed camera angles are where you can't tell sometimes if a zombie is at the other end of the room or right next to you until you take a few steps forwards. and (assuming this wasn't in the PSX version) the remake does a really good job playing with them further by adding shadows and reflections in mirrors to keep an eye on.

Also i'm playing on Climbing A Mountain Mode and am I just supposed to run past a lot of stuff? Ammo is really scarce and the only way i've found to get a one hit kill is aiming upwards with a shotgun when an enemy is right next to me. Is there a way to stomp on heads or something when zombies get knocked to the ground?

you can but you have exchange some health for it. idr remember what the difficulties are bc capcom had to gently caress somethign up and they change the difficulty text to Easy Normal Hard but only once youve beaten the game once lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

you can but you have exchange some health for it. idr remember what the difficulties are bc capcom had to gently caress somethign up and they change the difficulty text to Easy Normal Hard but only once youve beaten the game once lol.

I guess it's hard mode, it's the hardest of the 3 options at the beginning. I'm playing as Jill because I felt like to do so otherwise would be a slap in the face to the engineers who designed her tasteful breast physics

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Don't know how I feel about REmake, i've never played a pre-4 resident evil game really. It's cool but trying to kill the dogs pissed me off. I'm using the tank controls because it seems like the game would be way too easy without them; not sure if that's a bad idea

You are now on my list of ppl im going to clobber iver the skull with a cold steel brand South African Samjack great for whipping snkes as well blacks along with in training and rediacoced

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

You are now on my list of ppl im going to clobber iver the skull with a cold steel brand South African Samjack great for whipping snkes as well blacks along with in training and rediacoced

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao well how are you supposed to kill the dogs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lmao well how are you supposed to kill the dogs

Aris-how-do-you-crossup-Vega-voice: You don't!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

I guess it's hard mode, it's the hardest of the 3 options at the beginning. I'm playing as Jill because I felt like to do so otherwise would be a slap in the face to the engineers who designed her tasteful breast physics

Believe it or not, it’s actually Normal mode. The other two options are Easy and Very Easy. You unlock Hard when you finish Normal.

REmake is amazing but pretty tough at first. Don’t feel bad about killing zombies as long as you’re okay with burning them. It’s a good idea to clear out the rooms outside the Save Rooms.

If you do get grabbed, mash like crazy with the stick left and right and the action button to break out. You’ll still take damage but it’s a lot less than a normal bite.

The mansion is the hardest part of the game because of the dense zombies and the lack of good weapons. The rest of the game eases up.

Since you’re playing as Jill, feel free to use your shotgun. You’ll get a stronger weapon for bosses soon anyway.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I've tried to play DMC3 like 4 times and stop after a hour or two. It's always the same hallway I think too where you have to kill like 300 birds.

you should train yourself to hate birds. you can go back to liking them after you've killed 300 of them

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm usign tank controls.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm usign tank controls.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm usign tank controls.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm usign tank controls.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

is there any indication what my main quest is in dragons dogeme? i made it to Gran Soren and then didn't play for a few months and I have a ton of tasks and no clue what's actually part of the story. I did have a fun time clearing out some old mines last night and fighting a big horny giant who was way too high level for me though . I love what the combat, it feels really sloppy and chaotic in a good way with the pawns constantly screaming inane poo poo and spells and arrows flying everywhere and people getting launched up in the air

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

favorite enemy in DDoge is the wrestler orc(?) that does drop kicks, powerbombs, and big Volgin uppercuts that send people crashing into the cave ceiling

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

goferchan posted:

is there any indication what my main quest is in dragons dogeme? i made it to Gran Soren and then didn't play for a few months and I have a ton of tasks and no clue what's actually part of the story. I did have a fun time clearing out some old mines last night and fighting a big horny giant who was way too high level for me though . I love what the combat, it feels really sloppy and chaotic in a good way with the pawns constantly screaming inane poo poo and spells and arrows flying everywhere and people getting launched up in the air

anything involving the royal court or like helping out the guards up in front of the castle gate is part of the main quest line, but most of the side quests are great and I don't think anything is locked gameplay wise once you get to gran Soren

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

anything involving the royal court or like helping out the guards up in front of the castle gate is part of the main quest line, but most of the side quests are great and I don't think anything is locked gameplay wise once you get to gran Soren

Yeah it was the explore the Everfall quest and I'm guessing the Wyrm Hunt stuff is next , thank u. The side quests seem cool but it's hard to tell what's appropriate yet difficulty wise, in my experience anything that involves going about a day's travel outside of the city means I start running into enemies that instantly smoke me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

favorite enemy in DDoge is the wrestler orc(?) that does drop kicks, powerbombs, and big Volgin uppercuts that send people crashing into the cave ceiling
That's the normal ogre, which is what g-chan fought in the mine.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yeah it was the explore the Everfall quest and I'm guessing the Wyrm Hunt stuff is next , thank u. The side quests seem cool but it's hard to tell what's appropriate yet difficulty wise, in my experience anything that involves going about a day's travel outside of the city means I start running into enemies that instantly smoke me
Difficulty in DD is weird, as are quest lines. Basically just play however you want and accept that you're going to miss a ton of quests and poo poo because it's a strange game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Difficulty in DD is weird, as are quest lines. Basically just play however you want and accept that you're going to miss a ton of quests and poo poo because it's a strange game.

Thanks. It just warned me about a point of no return on the current batch of quests so I'm going to finish up everything I'm able to . Found a cool flaming sword so I ditched daggers for it and switched to Assassin class..... some of these new sword moved are extremely sweet, I miss having a double jump though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dragon's dogma is so drat good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Thanks. It just warned me about a point of no return on the current batch of quests so I'm going to finish up everything I'm able to . Found a cool flaming sword so I ditched daggers for it and switched to Assassin class..... some of these new sword moved are extremely sweet, I miss having a double jump though
This is why I replay the game so much, I enjoy how different all the classes play.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Someone here has a really bad rear end pawn named Vicar Amelia but she's too powerful and I won't use her yet

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Someone here has a really bad rear end pawn named Vicar Amelia but she's too powerful and I won't use her yet
Smart, because higher level pawns lower your XP gains

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive seen some crazy imp pawns, including an extremely powerful perfect replica of george costanza

i need to give that game a second shot, the melee gets super repetitive and I need to make a mage since they get all kinds of titanic crazy powers.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Holy poo poo I just ran into The Dragon randomly in the wild for the first time and got hosed up bad. I like that dragons in this are like brain-melting psychic elder gods

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4RJXuSg3Ns

V is going to be completely my poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hell yes. Between that and RE2make, Capcoms basically got the lock on my two most anticipated titles for the first part of 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dollars to donuts there's also a MHW expansion next year too. They added files for a bunch of 1 Year Anniversary events in the latest update, PC and PS4 are almost parity on events with the accelerated schedule and there are rumors of an announcement at the Game Awards

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Thank you Capcom

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gamespot has ten minutes of Claire gameplay on YouTube that I’m too lazy to link to but it looks sick. She’s not using the crossbow though...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm playing through dmc1 and will probably play the rest of the trilogy and 4 eventually. the camera isn't great sometimes but otherwise excellent game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

DMC5 demo is out on Xbox, let me know how it is Xbox Goons

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

DMC5 demo is out on Xbox, let me know how it is Xbox Goons

its good. its no bayonetta 2 tho

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

They added a bunch of forced walk-and-talk segments to REmake 2 and I’m not sure how I feel about them. This has been almost fifteen minutes of Leon following ada while she talks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been nervous about re2make ever since they said it was in the 7 engine bc that game is a slow boring turd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even though the E3 footage was pretty cool

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The gameplay looks loving awesome and I’m not going to post any of the really terrifying poo poo I’ve seen in these review videos so far but I’ve always felt that learning bits of story in an RE game through scattered notes and recordings helped build the tension. Leon is just following ada across Racoon city while she does exposition for 15+ minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also they changed the story significantly