Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

tweet my meat posted:

The world's most powerful jobber does it again. It's loving crazy that a dude who would have lost his second fight in a lesser story just took out the two most "anime main character"-ish fighters in his bracket.

I don't want to get hurt again like I did with Adam, but I believe in Kuroki.

He could even defeat Roman Reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

MonsieurChoc posted:

He could even defeat Roman Reigns.

Hey lets not get hyperbolic here, kuroki would know better than to intrude on the Big Dog's yard

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Seriously though if Gensai makes it to the finals somehow I have hard time imagining Ohma actually beating him.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
We've got Sen vs a Fang next. We haven't seen the resolution to Fang vs Fang match so things could shake up a bit

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think they are going to swap out the established major character for a background character

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Old Fang is probably gonna job to let Current Fang show off some new ability or resolve.

Also I'm glad Rei figured out a counter-ish but still got SHOT THRU THE HEART, AND HE'S TO BLAME

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Castle Kuroki has mostly stood against people so far whose fighting style regarded around specializing on 1-2 tricks or special moves. Really curious how a fight between him and someone with a much broader style goes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
how old are the fangs supposed to be? i'd chekc the wiki but probably have the first sentence state who beats whichever fang it is because it was written off the raws

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I'm not 100% sure we've been told how long this Fang has even been a Fang

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think they are going to swap out the established major character for a background character

I was thinking more along the lines of a power up or an injury. Not a late game switch out

You're right, I don't think we'll reveal a bigger bad at this point

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Jose posted:

how old are the fangs supposed to be? i'd chekc the wiki but probably have the first sentence state who beats whichever fang it is because it was written off the raws

Not sure on Agitoh specifically, but old fang is 43 and the bodyguard with the mask is 37, so probably 40ish for current fang.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Does jobber mean something different from what I think it means?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

Does jobber mean something different from what I think it means?

For Gensai, it's specifically that the way he is designed - a huge bear of a man with magnificent beard, and the way he is introduced - a powerful and well-respected martial arts master with no real issues to overcome or connection to a plot point, pretty much scream that after showing how strong he is, he will then lose to some like Setsuna or Rei (or Ohma) to establish that they are the new hotness. Everything around him just scream "textbook jobber character". Except, instead he just massacres everyone without breaking a sweat, hence the whole "most powerful jobber" joke.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, gaolang vs. gensai would be so goddamn good. no kicks or grappling, just pure manly fisticuffs.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

wew

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That page was worth waiting for

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I love that Rihito's eyes were already filled with trepidation in the first panel, as though it's happened a lot

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The true reason Rohito wants Gensai as a master is so he can shotgun sodas using only his hands.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lots of good new info in this chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/495047/1

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I think the most important reveal was that the Kure teacher in Danberu is Karla's mom

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No wonder they called him Kazzy the Mastermind in High School...!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How many chapters are left? 35?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gensai still the best tsundere master

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wakatsuki has been weirdly obsessed with beating Agito considering he also lost to Sen

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gensai is so adorable when he's being tsundere.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Now I just kinda want a manga of Gensai going about his daily life and huffily helping people he runs into better themselves.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Snapple! posted:

Now I just kinda want a manga of Gensai going about his daily life and huffily helping people he runs into better themselves.

Gensai grew his beard so that he could hide the blush on his cheeks every time he goes "I'm not your master, but you can stand there and watch while I practice my stances, b-baka".

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dang Karla had a teen mom

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

Wakatsuki has been weirdly obsessed with beating Agito considering he also lost to Sen

The Agito loss is the one where he got his ankle completely hosed up I think. Probably a much harsher fight then whatever went on with Sen.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

El Burbo posted:

Dang Karla had a teen mom

I mean Karla is also trying to become a teen mom, apples don’t fall far from the tree

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Good mom Rino makes sure her fighters retire intact and find jobs that don't involve being beaten half to death.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

rino is a decent human being

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm more shocked that her dad is Power company man. And how disappointed he is in her not taking over the family business and instead becoming a pimp. But her dad is super evil so I don't blame her not taking over the electric company.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well, her biological dad, which implies she was raised by someone else.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gensai is my dad

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Gensai is my dad

congrats, he's a great dad

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I wonder if Wakatsuki already tried to get revenge on Sen and the guy didn't bother to show up. That would probably be enough to discourage anyone.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Stairmaster posted:

Gensai is my dad

Gensai is my Spirit Dad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

For a guy with such powerful hands it's kinda wild how these later fights keep showing his fingers getting hosed up all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think Sen is going to lose this fight so we see how agito will adapt on the fly to handle gensai