Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
DARPA chief : What I'm about to tell you is classified information. Okay? We were conducting excercises of a new type of experimental weapon. A weapon that will change the world.

Snake: What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kaz Miller: No. No!? NOO!!!!!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!
Use the Force, Luke. Luke? Luuuuuke!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Leia: Luke?
Luke: Kept you waiting huh?

Poe: this is a sneaking mission.
Fn: all weapons sop?
Rose: you forgot our anniversary fn.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Mameluke posted:

Kaz Miller: No. No!? NOO!!!!!

SHE PLAYED US LIKE A drat JIZZ FIDDLE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Punished Luke: "Rey, i'm already a demon."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Hallo! Wesa been able to avoid drownin'!"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!
Grey Vader: I've been waiting for this pain. Luke! That's it, Luke. Hurt me more! Make me feel alive again. More! More!

Grey Vader: Luke. We're not tools of the Republic, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.

Grey Vader: After Mustifar, I was taken from the battle, neither truly alive, nor truly dead, an undying shadow, in a world of lights. Now, in front of you, I can finally die.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 3, 2018

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

"You aren't the only one to grow up on the killing fields. Jakku is a cruel parent, but an effective teacher. Its final lesson is carved deep in my psyche: that this galaxy, and all of its people, are diseased. Free will is a myth. The Force is a joke. We are all pawns of something even greater: midochlorians , the DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture. They are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will fall to the dark side. They become a carrier. Fear, anger, suffering: all powered by midochlorians, all passed on."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Midi-chlorians, son.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle." - Boba Fett

Finn: You're not in pain are you?
Rey: Huh?
Finn: You feel okay? Nothin' bothering you?
Rey: What's wrong? Getting all friendly all of a sudden.
Finn: Oh, nothing. I'm glad you're okay.
Rey: You're strange...
Finn: I'm a little nervous. Everybody else I've saved suddenly dies.
Rey: You're bad luck.

Luke: Don't worry, I'm disguised in this enemy uniform.
Han: You won't be for long with the way you walk.
Luke: What does that mean?
Han: Oh... nothing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
New rumour for Episode IX suggests that Matt Smith could be playing Young Palpatine in a flashback / vision scene which is probably bullshit but might be amusing if true.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao gently caress all of this

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Ah yes, Young Sheev’s famous GIGANTIC EARS.

Also, no need for spoiler tags in the spoiler thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ian McDermid is still alive you fucks

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Ian McDermid is still alive you fucks

He will never die. NEVER.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He has unlimited power.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

CelticPredator posted:

Lmao gently caress all of this

ease up shinji this is the world you wished for

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m not the one still stewing about a movie that came out last December lmao

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"The Last Jedi is an unappreciated gem unfairly maligned and slandered by liars! I can't believe you're so mad about it!"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Spoilers from MakingStarWars and StarWarsNewsNet and a guy on reddit in the advertising industry who has provided spoilers for upcoming MCU and SW movies in the past:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/11/does-kylo-ren-wear-a-helmet-and-does-bb-8-get-a-new-sidekick-in-star-wars-episode-ix/
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/12/episode-ix-rumors-timeline.html

* Episode 9 takes place around a year after TLJ
    * Kylo Ren reforged his mask, it's now bonded with a red crystalline material. (something from Crait maybe?)
    * Rey rebuilt Anakin's lightsaber, it's now a black metal color
    * BB8 has a new companion, a smaller bull horn looking droid called D.O.
    * The Knights of Ren will finally appear in some form.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

More like DOODOO

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I work at Disney-ILM, so I can confirm that Poe, Leia, FN, Maz, and Chewbacca will also sport slightly different clothes/accessories.

The character of Hux will sport NO accessories, and dress exactly the same.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Because where's the fun in seeing Rey magic a saber back together (coughLuke'sLightsaberInRotJGotItsOwnDeletedScenecough)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vinylshadow posted:

Because where's the fun in seeing Rey magic a saber back together (coughLuke'sLightsaberInRotJGotItsOwnDeletedScenecough)

As I recall, that scene was meant to show Luke finishing his new lightsaber, having not had one since he lost his first one in the previous movie. I have a sinking feeling that if that had come out today, people would probably end up complaining that it was a massive plot hole that Luke could overpower Vader in Return of the Jedi, on the basis he apparently didn't have a lightsber at all to train with between ESB and ROTJ, wouldn't they?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Teek posted:

* Kylo Ren reforged his mask, it's now bonded with a red crystalline material. (something from Crait maybe?)

this makes me believe it's all bullshit

either that or JJ apparently really is ignoring VIII and making a stinker of a movie

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Preston Waters posted:

this makes me believe it's all bullshit

either that or JJ apparently really is ignoring VIII and making a stinker of a movie

is that really all that unbelievable?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!
Bringing back the helmet would actually be extremely SMG. He smashed the symbol of Vader (Christ) when his Satanist mentor mocked it, then he killed his mentor and now embraces his faith once more, without shame.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

That parody crawl someone made when JJ stepped into IX about "Kylo changed his mind and thinks his mask is cool. Meanwhile, RoboSnoke..." is going to come true

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Hodgepodge posted:

Bringing back the helmet would actually be extremely SMG. He smashed the symbol of Vader (Christ) when his Satanist mentor mocked it, then he killed his mentor and now embraces his faith once more, without shame.

who gives a flying gently caress about SMG's adderall-fueled takes

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Smashing the helmet is one of the few good bits in TLJ, but unfortunately the helmet was one of the few good bits from TFA, so...

(Even if it was stolen from one of the freakin' videogames...)

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Preston Waters posted:

I am controversial.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I wonder if the helmet is coming back to also tie back into the Knights of Ren vision from TFA. That was probably the past, but it could be a nice tie in to make it the future. It is pretty dark and rainy in that scene, feasibly that could hide the sealed cracks in the helmet.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

porfiria posted:

(Even if it was stolen from one of the freakin' videogames...)

What?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

It looks a lot like Darth Revan’s mask.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Wheat Loaf posted:

It looks a lot like Darth Revan’s mask.

Eh. It has the visor across the eyes, and sort of tapers as you go down, but the coloring and adornments are pretty different.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I am controversial.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

Preston Waters posted:

People who care about rich and thoughtful readings of cinema arguing on messageboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The almost-certainly-fake spoiler that Kylo Ren presides over an extremely popular and prosperous galaxy with the First Order thats secretly run on slave labor or something while the Resistance clunkers along was one of the few things that would be somewhat interesting, so I doubt we'll see anything like that