Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

My favorite part is the bassist having basically nothing to do.

I've never been able to figure out what the deal with that guy in the back jumping about clapping his hands is. Was he even in the band? He has a microphone but I don't think he does any singing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

T-man posted:

Under capitalism your weird fetish can be your paycheck. I have literally looked into financial domming for rent.

I have always been curious about this sort of dynamic. Is the kink literally, "here is my credit card, go hog," and the occasional conversation? Do you call the other person on occasion and explain in detail where you went shopping?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I wonder how you get into that. I also wonder how my girlfriend would feel about my starting a side career as a financial dominatrix. It's such a weird kink. I guess the real danger would be finding a guy who stops being content to give you money and thinks he's owed more and gets aggressive about it.

On the other hand, is that an acceptable risk to have somebody pay my student loans and then masturbate about it?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

cash crab posted:

I have always been curious about this sort of dynamic. Is the kink literally, "here is my credit card, go hog," and the occasional conversation? Do you call the other person on occasion and explain in detail where you went shopping?

Buy me a new avatar and I'll tell you, you smelly trash panda.

(Mostly it's demanding $x a month while being a normal dominatrix. thanks to capitalism it's really hard to get a good amount because a lot of people are doing it.)

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

lmao, how is this 18 minutes long. If it takes you 18 minutes to pull your drat sword out you dead.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Friend, I have seen every sword video on youtube, and know of spring-loaded sheaths, hydraulic sheaths, side-loaders, etc., and I have seen this video. The dude on the photo, however, has a regular sheath that doesn't allow easy access to your sword when it's on your back.

And yes, I've never touched a sword in my entire life.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Paladinus posted:

Friend, I have seen every sword video on youtube, and know of spring-loaded sheaths, hydraulic sheaths, side-loaders, etc., and I have seen this video. The dude on the photo, however, has a regular sheath that doesn't allow easy access to your sword when it's on your back.

Would you say you have studied the blade?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shad is such a nerd. Go back to talking about castles, NERD!

The coolest sword guy on Youtube is the Polish dude who's a real life Witcher.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Paladinus posted:

Indeed, but a true samurai forged katana can cut through any sheath availible to a nerd with ease

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Is katana what weeks are calling their dicks nowadays?

Female spin dash katanana attack!!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Paladinus posted:

Friend, I have seen every sword video on youtube

I found the AUG

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

T-man posted:

Dragon TWISTER!

(AUG anecdote: I remember years ago when TV Tropes had its "Troper Tales" section where site users would explain examples of tropes in their own lives; the page for the "Dual Wielding" trope featured a guy who boasted that he was an experienced and proficient swordsman in the same sentence in which he claimed to have "no training other than watching a crapton of anime" is like tvtropes.txt, really.)

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Dec 3, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember, as nerdy as we think this guy is, he had a friend to film him doing ninja sword moves in the park. That's a good friendship.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

T-man posted:

Kat Ana is the name of my daughter you monster.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

jobson groeth posted:

Kat Ana is the name of my daughter you monster.

Your daughter is gay now sorry.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Heh, "now." :classiclol:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Tubgoat posted:

Heh, "now." :classiclol:

God dammit Tubgoat not AGAIN!!!!!! :bahgawd:

You leave my farm and my daughter alone!

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Attention on (the upper) deck!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
An army marches on its stomach.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remember, as nerdy as we think this guy is, he had a friend to film him doing ninja sword moves in the park. That's a good friendship.
I can’t remember the source for this, but I think I read that it was his sister holding the camera since he really wanted to make a video.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Poor guy must've gone through Basic having to hear every Pvt Pyle joke there is.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dollar to donuts that’s a reservist who got called up right before he thought his time was up.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've never been able to figure out what the deal with that guy in the back jumping about clapping his hands is. Was he even in the band? He has a microphone but I don't think he does any singing.
That’s Myke Scavone, who was their usual lead vocalist. Bill Bartlett sings lead on “Black Betty” because it was actually recorded (and released) by his previous band Starstruck before they put Ram Jam together. They edited the original recording and reissued it credited to Ram Jam but I think Bartlett is the only person in the video who actually plays on the recording.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lazlo Nibble posted:

That’s Myke Scavone, who was their usual lead vocalist. Bill Bartlett sings lead on “Black Betty” because it was actually recorded (and released) by his previous band Starstruck before they put Ram Jam together. They edited the original recording and reissued it credited to Ram Jam but I think Bartlett is the only person in the video who actually plays on the recording.

And it's their only remembered song. I don't think any other songs from either of their albums sound much like it.

Interesting to know, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

Classic rock musicians can be goldmines of AUG but the best (and generally most harmless) is how loads of them looked like huge dorks.

I mean, look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2D8Eo15wE

That song rocks, but the band looks like a bunch of dudes in their 30s and 40s that play D&D together.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Dragon TWISTER!

(AUG anecdote: I remember years ago when TV Tropes had its "Troper Tales" section where site users would explain examples of tropes in their own lives; the page for the "Dual Wielding" trope featured a guy who boasted that he was an experienced and proficient swordsman in the same sentence in which he claimed to have "no training other than watching a crapton of anime" is like tvtropes.txt, really.)

I miss the TV Tropes threads. I never could get enough "Original Character, don't steal. Its about a boy who lives in a closet that finds out his a Warlock..." style posts. I remember a Troper Tale about some nerd who got into a fight and the disciription was the nerd avoiding all the bullies attacks by just moving his head and body every so slightly. Then dramatically another nerd throws him a yard stick and then he goes all Ingio Montoya on the bully.

From the Archives

Every time some asshat starts talking about how they served their country and kneeling football man was desecrating their sacrifice, I imagine this is what those guys were actually doing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

I miss the TV Tropes threads. I never could get enough "Original Character, don't steal. Its about a boy who lives in a closet that finds out his a Warlock..." style posts. I remember a Troper Tale about some nerd who got into a fight and the disciription was the nerd avoiding all the bullies attacks by just moving his head and body every so slightly. Then dramatically another nerd throws him a yard stick and then he goes all Ingio Montoya on the bully.

Arguably, this Troper is probably the youngest of which who suffers from this Trope.* This is practically the invisible label that's under the invisible Berserk Button of this 13-year old kid. He broke 33 pencils in his life, and had a good friend break two of those pencils because they were too hard. He even yelled at someone because that guy was the third person who asked if he could be punched for the third time, with a teacher only a mile ahead!

* The trope was "Beware the Nice Ones".

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Arguably, this Troper is probably the youngest of which who suffers from this Trope.* This is practically the invisible label that's under the invisible Berserk Button of this 13-year old kid. He broke 33 pencils in his life, and had a good friend break two of those pencils because they were too hard. He even yelled at someone because that guy was the third person who asked if he could be punched for the third time, with a teacher only a mile ahead!

* The trope was "Beware the Nice Ones".

My eyes rolled right out of my head, 5 stars.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My other favourite recollection from the TV Tropes threads was this guy called Major Tom, who was this really hardcore right-wing libertarian (he claimed that public transport was evil because trains and buses have set routes, which is an unacceptable breach of his personal freedom of movement) weeaboo who bragged about how he was going to be a badass Army Ranger one day then flunked out of his basic training. He'd written this big elaborate trope page for his magnum opus military sci-fi epic but had barely written any of the actual story itself so the page was basically describing a book he wanted to have written rather than one he had written or was writing.

When he was finally pressed to share some of his work, it was literally just a Gundam rip-off anime wank with lavishly described falling sakura blossoms and finely-tooled katanas you've ever seen. Some amusement was had when he claimed that it wasn't plagiarism to say that energy weapons were powered by "Minovski particles" because in Gundam energy weapons were powered by "Minovsky particles".

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
This troper, who was so brutally hurt by the betrayal of a friend that it set him into the mind of being The Quiet One (and then was hit even worse when he gave the former friend a second chance and was backstabbed again) has a speech planned to call the former friend out that skirts into "World Of Cardboard" Speech territory.

quote:

I don't think I quite realized how stupid I was being when I decided to first call you "friend." Because, you see, you were never a good friend to begin with. Friends try and comfort people when they feel down; friends are open with each other, and most importantly, friends never ever completely double-cross a person that wholly trusts them twice, and then don't even try to apologize for it. Oh, it really seemed like that you were a good friend for a year, maybe two, but I think the day you decided to lie to me about your denouncing Smash Bros. - all for the reason that other people at the school were calling it an "immature game" - was the day that I realized I was making a bad choice - yes, I know that maybe I shouldn't have reacted the way I did back then, but at least I acknowledged that and apologized for it, unlike you who never once apologized for any of the wrongs you did to me - not once! All you did was give half-assed excuses about everything, and you never knew how badly it hurt until I tried to call you out on it. Well, you know what? It did hurt. To be crossed by a person who I really thought was my closest friend was traumatizing for someone like me; I still haven't worked up enough courage to constantly speak to people, unless I happen to live with them. Do you know what that's like? To walk through hallways, completely alone, and scared that if you try to speak to someone, they'll just laugh at you and stab you in the back? No, of course you don't. You're always surrounding yourself with all sorts of people, and calling them "friends". Do they know the truth about you, I wonder? Do they know how badly you've scarred a friend? Of course they don't. You wouldn't dare tell them about such a thing; how you've made the next anti-social freak - that would ruin your precious "reputation". Or maybe they do know, and you and them get a good laugh about the whole thing. That really wouldn't surprise me; I fully expect that you've surrounded yourself with people as debased as you, because that's all you really are on the inside: a debased, morally bankrupt person who takes great delight in seeing people like me being hurt. I should've known not to give you a second chance a year ago - I should've known not to try and reason with someone like you over something that left me so horribly broken that I cut myself off from everyone else. Why did I try that, really? What in the hell might try to make me even think for an instant that I could make you what I really thought you were - a decent human being - when, deep down, you're just what I said you were: debased and morally bankrupt? I honestly don't know, in hindsight. It was stupid of me to give you that second chance, because you abused it - you made me feel even worse about myself, because at the time, I was wondering what I was doing that all of your other friends weren't; what I might have done that would make you hate me so much. I only now realize that all I had done was be myself, and thanks to you, my new idea of "being myself" is now "avoid more or less everyone you see because they're all corrupt on the inside." I don't even know whether or not this new mindset of mine is even good - part of me wants to believe that everyone has some sort of capacity to do good, but then I remember what you did to me, and suddenly I'm back to the idea that all humans are scumbags like yourself. So I hope you're happy about how you're broken me. I hope that it's what helps you sleep at night. Because if you even now have the tiniest iota of guilt for traumatizing me the way you did, it's too late. All the damage that you've done to me can't ever be undone.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why isn't there a Tv Tropes thread nowadays

The bad drama happened like five years ago, afaik

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

You were the kid that touched the hot stove more than once weren't you?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

steinrokkan posted:

You answered your own question.

Wheat Loaf posted:

My other favourite recollection from the TV Tropes threads was this guy called Major Tom, who was this really hardcore right-wing libertarian (he claimed that public transport was evil because trains and buses have set routes, which is an unacceptable breach of his personal freedom of movement) weeaboo who bragged about how he was going to be a badass Army Ranger one day then flunked out of his basic training. He'd written this big elaborate trope page for his magnum opus military sci-fi epic but had barely written any of the actual story itself so the page was basically describing a book he wanted to have written rather than one he had written or was writing.

When he was finally pressed to share some of his work, it was literally just a Gundam rip-off anime wank with lavishly described falling sakura blossoms and finely-tooled katanas you've ever seen. Some amusement was had when he claimed that it wasn't plagiarism to say that energy weapons were powered by "Minovski particles" because in Gundam energy weapons were powered by "Minovsky particles".

Nah, my favourite recollection from the TV Tropes thread was Rottweiler.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

IIRC there was a good story that went along with this, something to the effect of the guy joined the reserves specifically for the dry-rear end moon food they give you on the weekends

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You were the kid that touched the hot stove more than once weren't you?

I like to think moderation and posting got better since then, but then I'm stupid.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TinTower posted:

He was the one with a cannibalism fetish, wasn't he?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

OOh yea I remember that, it had the aliens standing in a Cherry Tree Orchard and the wind was blowing the blossoms around and they waxed poetically about humans and honour and whole bunch of other stuff that was ripped right out of anime.

TinTower posted:

You answered your own question.

Okay, I need to be reminded what he did. I can make some guesses based on his outfit.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, I need to be reminded what he did. I can make some guesses based on his outfit.

He was an intensely conservative Roman Catholic who believed America should have a monarchy, used Latin phrases badly and boasted that he only listened to Baroque music to try and show off how learned and sophisticated he was despite dressing like a cross between a sleazy version of Humphrey Bogart and the pasty Gestapo guy frm Raiders of the Lost Ark (look at those loving sleeves) and originated the widely-mocked dictum that "the telos of eros is babies".

Also:

Wheat Loaf posted:

He was the one with a cannibalism fetish, wasn't he?

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008