Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Where are the worm cans on the shelves? I've tried both the general shops in Rhodes and Saint Denis and didn't find any.

Blackwater general store has them, right by the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Capn Beeb posted:

Where are the worm cans on the shelves? I've tried both the general shops in Rhodes and Saint Denis and didn't find any.

I got mine in blackwater, and I think I've seen them on the shelf in valentine but I haven't checked yet

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Dogen posted:

Someone tell me what part of the goddamn ice lake the legendary salmon hangs out at I’m losing my mind catching these god damned muskies.

this one drove me nuts but i finally got it when i realized it is not in the pool of water that the actual drawing on the map is on. It's in the pool of water by a rock formation. you will see it in eagle eye if you are in the right spot.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hugh Malone posted:

hey y'all, my friend copper showed me that bait costs 5x more from the catalogues (in-store and portable) than it does off the shelf online

catalogue is charging us 50c per worm, off-the-shelf they cost 50c per can of 5 (ps4)

Trout fishing in America went to the butcher, and sold trout for $4.25 apiece.

I wonder if that's for all products now?

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Regarding Arabian horses they all have the same speed and acceleration but the white one has less stamina and health than the black one and the one you can only buy in the epilogue has even more health and stamina. At max bond it has 10/10 health and stamina.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

hey y'all, my friend copper showed me that bait costs 5x more from the catalogues (in-store and portable) than it does off the shelf online

catalogue is charging us 50c per worm, off-the-shelf they cost 50c per can of 5 (ps4)

Nice!! Thanks for the tip

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
R* has heard the cries:

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1069703734731657217

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

TulliusCicero posted:

I wonder if that's for all products now?

online. have only seen it with worms so far

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pearson keeps telling me to go see a Canadian trapper but where the Sam hell is he??? Am I progressing the story too slow? Still in chapter 2, been doing the little side missions that pop up like robbing some inbreds with Javier.

Good lord this game just keeps getting better, if GTA6 is more like this where you actually interact more meaningfully with your crime family then hell yeah

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The trapper has a permanent shop in st denis, and another one that pops up in random spots on the map.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
Is there something I am missing in RDRO hunting? Everything I kill drops to poor even if I one shot it in the head with the right weapon. I see people talking about making money with perfect carcasses and wonder what I am doing wrong? I have never had a problem like this in the regular game. Do I need to reach a higher level to be able to get perfect pelts and carcasses or something?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ainsley McTree posted:

The trapper has a permanent shop in st denis, and another one that pops up in random spots on the map.

The trapper shops are set locations and he is always at all of them all the time.

E:

BobKnob posted:

Is there something I am missing in RDRO hunting? Everything I kill drops to poor even if I one shot it in the head with the right weapon. I see people talking about making money with perfect carcasses and wonder what I am doing wrong? I have never had a problem like this in the regular game. Do I need to reach a higher level to be able to get perfect pelts and carcasses or something?

I haven't tested it out myself, but the rumors I've been hearing is that because some types of ammunition don't exist online, some or all of the perfect pelt requirements were changed. As I said, it's all untested hearsay but I heard the bow is the new go-to weapon for most animals.

titties fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 3, 2018

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I was searching for treasure chests in the bayou in RDO and was so scared of crocodiles I just kept blasting my shotgun into the water. I accidentally shot a bunch of fish, and could pick up their carcasses. So this made me wonder if dynamite fishing is a thing and if anyone's tried it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ainsley McTree posted:

Like I said, I'm still in chapter 2. Valentine is the only city I've been to except when I rescued Sean from Blackwater.

Is it safe to just ride all the way to St Denis anyway?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

BobKnob posted:

If you're using the right weapon/ammo and killing it with 1 shot then it shouldn't be dropping to poor. Try to lasso a deer or something and then knife it and see what happens, it should come out perfect every time as long as the deer itself was showing as "pristine".

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Dynamite fishing is indeed a thing, and there's even an online award set that's based around it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
W/R/T horse speed in RDRO, how tangible are the differences? I wouldn't much care in Single. (I also have that Arabian Warhorse, so whatever) but online there is a LOT of traversal. Does it make a tangible diff?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

precision posted:

Like I said, I'm still in chapter 2. Valentine is the only city I've been to except when I rescued Sean from Blackwater.

here's a list of locations, go to any of them.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

precision posted:

Yeah there’s nothing stopping you from going to st denis in chapter 2. I ended up going there for a random encounter on the road, but you can just go whenever you like. I think it’s even listed as one of the train fast travel destinations, even if you’ve never been.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I ended up riding the train into St denis after the midnight quest and i did that in 2 for sure.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay cool

Random things from Sean's party:

Uncle was once mistaken for a God
Sean and Karen :3:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

"Or you can just buy all these GOLD NUGGET CARDS! YOU POORR FUCKS!" - RockStar

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

precision posted:

Pearson keeps telling me to go see a Canadian trapper but where the Sam hell is he??? Am I progressing the story too slow? Still in chapter 2, been doing the little side missions that pop up like robbing some inbreds with Javier.

Good lord this game just keeps getting better, if GTA6 is more like this where you actually interact more meaningfully with your crime family then hell yeah

Little northeast of Riggs Station is I believe the closest one

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BobKnob posted:

Just to be clear, animals have a random starting quality that you should be able to see by examining them while they're alive. If the quality starts at poor or good, that's the ceiling for the pelt and carcass (and also I believe a ceiling for the number of chunks of meat you can get). If the animal is marked pristine and you use the correct weapon and shoot it in the head you should always get a perfect pelt.

Note that weapons aren't perfectly accurate, so it's possible to miss headshots and mangle the body even with the stupid aim assist. Also note that the starting repeater isn't a stand-in for a proper rifle in terms of getting quality kills.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Kill 5 rabbits from horseback"

As if I wasn't already doing that, game

Love getting branded a horse thief when I get on my own drat horse lmao

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
Online tip: If you go to a general store you can buy the river lure with 1 gold and then if you find a good spot you just catch the $4 trout/salmon every cast. You can carry ten in your satchel so it's pretty fast money

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I just was looking around in menus and found the Rank unlocks. Are these... GIVEN to me, somehow? (because I don't have them...) or am I just unlocking the honor and privilege of spending monies on them?

[edit]

Like a Necktie, Varmint Rifle, suspenders, a vest, etc..

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Feenix posted:

So I just was looking around in menus and found the Rank unlocks. Are these... GIVEN to me, somehow? (because I don't have them...) or am I just unlocking the honor and privilege of spending monies on them?

[edit]

What does your heart tell you

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Feenix posted:

W/R/T horse speed in RDRO, how tangible are the differences? I wouldn't much care in Single. (I also have that Arabian Warhorse, so whatever) but online there is a LOT of traversal. Does it make a tangible diff?

My arabian died in an unfortunate rappelling accident and I had to ride the scrawny nag all the way to the stables to get it back, and let me be the first to say :cry: it makes a differemce

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

DrNutt posted:

This is very funny to me because in my first playthrough it was the second legendary fish I found and I got it on the first cast and thought that was just how legendary fish worked if you cast in the right spot with the right special lure. Imagine my surprise when I went to catch him on my second playthrough. :negative:

To be fair the other three legendary fish I've caught so far have been really easy; got 'em all basically the first try. Between that legendary salmon and the legendary buck this game sure loves to have that one that's always a pain the spawn :shepicide:

I've been trying to do the Bountiful achievement (survive a $250 bounty in each state for 72 in-game hours) and it's been a hell of a time trying to rack it up in Ambarino. I've robbed like 5 loving trains up in those mountains and only twice ever gotten a bounty for it. :v:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I've been trying to do the Bountiful achievement (survive a $250 bounty in each state for 72 in-game hours) and it's been a hell of a time trying to rack it up in Ambarino. I've robbed like 5 loving trains up in those mountains and only twice ever gotten a bounty for it. :v:

Easiest way to get a bounty anywhere is to kill a random npc on the road, throw him on the back of your horse, and ride around until another NPC spots you. Let that one run away to tell the cops and kill all the cops that come to arrest you. You'll hit $250 within 5-10 minutes anywhere.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Feenix posted:

Are these... GIVEN to me, somehow? (because I don't have them...) or am I just unlocking the honor and privilege of spending monies

Ahahahahaha!

I'm sorry, that gave me a good laugh.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

qbert posted:

Easiest way to get a bounty anywhere is to kill a random npc on the road, throw him on the back of your horse, and ride around until another NPC spots you. Let that one run away to tell the cops and kill all the cops that come to arrest you. You'll hit $250 within 5-10 minutes anywhere.

Yeah but train robbery is way more exciting. I love when you can pull it off fast enough that you don't get any bounty dings for kills; just for the act of train robbery. Kind of annoying though when you gotta listen to the stupid speech every time you stick a gun in a passenger's face.

precision posted:

Okay cool

Random things from Sean's party:

Uncle was once mistaken for a God
Sean and Karen :3:

Man I regret not sticking around to see everything in those party scenes. I had no idea Sean and Karen were even a thing until someone earlier upthread pointed it out. I also made Arthur go to sleep early after the part for rescuing Jack.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

big trivia FAIL posted:

this one drove me nuts but i finally got it when i realized it is not in the pool of water that the actual drawing on the map is on. It's in the pool of water by a rock formation. you will see it in eagle eye if you are in the right spot.

The main open water part that’s already pretty north of the drawing? Should I be fishing off the ice or even further north off the shore? All I have seen in eagle eye are muskies so I’m not even sure that I’m looking in the right place. I also thought maybe I could dynamite some ice away (which would be cool and should be a thing) because of where the dang drawing is. All the other ones are so close to their drawings!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Hugh Malone posted:

Spending a gold bar on a special river lure has been a good idea if youre going this way, you can only catch bass and trout with it and skip the lovely gluegills

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

precision posted:

"Kill 5 rabbits from horseback"

As if I wasn't already doing that, game

Love getting branded a horse thief when I get on my own drat horse lmao

I initially thought that challenge meant to kill the rabbits with the horse. By the time I had figured it out I had already killed four via trampling :v:

Feenix posted:

[edit]

This reminds me, I saw in my unlocks something that just said Standard 4 and later Standard 5, with clothing icons like they're an outfit, but I neither seem to have them or see them available in a store unless the names are different. Anyone know what those are?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Brightman posted:

I initially thought that challenge meant to kill the rabbits with the horse. By the time I had figured it out I had already killed four via trampling :v:

This reminds me, I saw in my unlocks something that just said Standard 4 and later Standard 5, with clothing icons like they're an outfit, but I neither seem to have them or see them available in a store unless the names are different. Anyone know what those are?

Those standard outfits are variants you can purchase for Cripps. But if you don't just get him one of the hobo variants I'm not even sure why you're playing RDO.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Am I correct that I can just sell the trapper whatever perfect pelts I get, and they’ll stay in his inventory until I get the other pelts necessary for various pieces of clothing? Like, I don’t have to bring him the specific pelts for each crafted piece of clothing when I want him to make it for me, right?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Am I correct that I can just sell the trapper whatever perfect pelts I get, and they’ll stay in his inventory until I get the other pelts necessary for various pieces of clothing? Like, I don’t have to bring him the specific pelts for each crafted piece of clothing when I want him to make it for me, right?

Correct. He'll remember all the perfect pelts you ever sell him and they only get used up when you craft something that requires one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I followed a guide and found the (easter egg spoiler)bigfoot? Or giant? It was just a big cave I couldn't enter and a voice, but there was nothing actually there so was wondering if I was looking in the wrong spot or if it didn't spawn, or if that's just how it is. Arthur wrote in his journal that he met a giant, no idea how he'd know.