Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Murmur Twin posted:

He said that he was going to brutal cop one of his scum suspects, but just in case I was scum he declined to tell me who. (haha per his role, I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he was sharing this) He said he would probably tell me his target today but :iiam:

oh now this is interesting.

How does brutal cop work? pod dies if he investigates scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Hahaha... if it's something that was only possible because imgay is dead, perhaps his end wasn't so mediocre and unfulfilling after all!

wait a loving minute

dracula isn't... mortal? what if... well no she posted the loving pm

ugh that also means in theory nobody else is playing cool afterlife/undeath roles

King Burgundy posted:

Oh, nice. Good point. So Rhj could do the same thing to prove it.

this is what i meant by pr when addressing the bif earlier, i see how she got it confused

or did she...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

oh now this is interesting.

How does brutal cop work? pod dies if he investigates scum?

From what I recall, it means the cop kills any scum they investigate.

But I tried search the mafia wiki's and I can't find it. And I don't remember off hand what games it has been used in here.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

From what I recall, it means the cop kills any scum they investigate.

But I tried search the mafia wiki's and I can't find it. And I don't remember off hand what games it has been used in here.

yeah that's weird. I could have sworn there was a description of the role in the mafia wiki, but now I can't find it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's possible I missed it, who killed Solus?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

It's possible I missed it, who killed Solus?

Hum tried to claim it early on, but then said that was a lie.

So we don't know.

I would assume a vig would claim their kill of scum, so maybe that will still happen. If it was SK they probably won't claim.

And there is a chance he died to some other effect like PGO.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
there are other, more hilarious, possibilities. it's possible that solus somehow got himself killed, because he visited pod last night. that's why i want to know how brutal cop works, did solus die because he was scum and visited pod? (this is also assuming we believe mmt/pod actually used a brutal cop). there's also another person who apparently doesn't want to come clean about visiting pod...

why are so many people lurking in this game.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Maybe time zones is a thing? Probably isn’t the best time for Australians to post and Kit has had previous issues with activity in previous games due to work schedule. Rhj still hasn’t proven their vampirism though I dunno if that’s cause timezones are bad for him or something more sinister.

Nat 20 being quiet is also unsettling for me, considering I’ve made a big post on why I find him suspicious. I’d definitely would like to hear his thoughts and Rhj to prove their vampirism so that we can prevent trying to use him lying as a launching point for a lurkervote.

I would like to hear more from Nat 20 so I’m gonna ##vote Nat20

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

there are other, more hilarious, possibilities. it's possible that solus somehow got himself killed, because he visited pod last night. that's why i want to know how brutal cop works, did solus die because he was scum and visited pod? (this is also assuming we believe mmt/pod actually used a brutal cop). there's also another person who apparently doesn't want to come clean about visiting pod...

Some of it might be timezones I guess. But yes, would be great if the wallflowers started posting.

I don't think Solus just visiting Pod would cause Solus to die. I guess he could have used his matchmaker on himself and Pod, that would force Pod to brutal cop him. But why would he do that? That would be a super weird choice.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

It's currently 10:30am for me. So I was sleeping for a good 9 hrs (yay!) and then had to get ready for work (and kid ready for school). I'm at work now, and although I generally can bs and chat here at this time, I have a crazy amount of work today. So I will be talking more, but not for a few hrs (if I'm lucky). Sorry!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Yami hasn’t talked all day nor have they responded to suspicions raised by MMT yesterday. Atm I’m willing to vote for him or Nat 20 primarily

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadline is still over 48 hours away, I think we can hold off on accusing people of lurking for a little bit longer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

It would take a lot to get me to vote for Yami right now

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Yami hasn’t talked all day nor have they responded to suspicions raised by MMT yesterday. Atm I’m willing to vote for him or Nat 20 primarily

Yeah, it's late there now, he's may be sleeping. But the thread was open all day for non game talk and he said nothing and the day started at probably around 7pm his time? If I got the time zones right?

I was already a bit sus on Yami, so maybe.

I'm still sus on Bif and would vote there to start the day if she hadn't done us the favor of proving her new vampire PR is real. She's at least telling the truth about that.

Also, weird that Rhj just popped in, said he was going to reread the day, then didn't comment on it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have *reasons* for not suspecting Nat20 currently. But I agree that his posting is very lacking. Like, his only usefulish comment while he was in thread was about how Pod, flipped towns, comment on him was uncharitable? Oh, and maybe, if we read between the lines, that he seems to have reasons for thinking pera isn't scum?

Would be nice if he brought his mafia abilities to bear on this game at some point.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

jimmydalad posted:

First he argues that because of his role, Imgay is scum. But then changes tune to arguing that role shouldn’t be a determining factor in deciding scum and then decides to keep the vote on imgay for no stated reason and heads off to bed without any justification on his part and no consistent stem of logic. Out of the other votes which could be explained for personal reasons I.e. CLord and KB, this vote in particular stood out to me as the oddest.

It's interesting that you and Pod point out a contradiction that isn't actually there in my statements in order to push a vote on me.

Let's run through what I actually said.

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah I'm not moving my vote. Flavour and role don't determine alignment, Asiina does and I imagine she wouldn't have been able to help herself with some stuff.

So my initial statement is that Asiina determines your alignment above that of role and flavour.

I then suggest that she wouldn't have been able to help herself.

Now you could take the first part of the statement as a contradiction of the entire line I've been running for an entire day.

Or you could note the second part of the statement wherein I note that Asiina's choice on alignment would lead to her "Not being able to help herself"

What I'm suggesting is that sufficiently scummy roles and flavour will likely have been granted appropriate alignment as long as game balance wasn't affected by it.

I suppose therefore that flavour and role do determine alignment, but they only do so through the medium of Asiina's choice.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

I have *reasons* for not suspecting Nat20 currently. But I agree that his posting is very lacking. Like, his only usefulish comment while he was in thread was about how Pod, flipped towns, comment on him was uncharitable? Oh, and maybe, if we read between the lines, that he seems to have reasons for thinking pera isn't scum?

Would be nice if he brought his mafia abilities to bear on this game at some point.

I mean mainly I really don't want to serious business a game that specifically isn't meant to be serious business.

I don't know about you, but if I put in a gigantic amount of effort into a game only to get memed by an absolutely broken scum role I'd be really really salty and there's a really goddamn high chance of that happening this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It's not that interesting, that Pod, flipped town, used that to "push a vote" on you. (Also, he never voted you)

Instead, we see that a town, with no interest in being deceptive, thought that was a valid argument.

---

Having said that, I've had my own suspicions about Jimmy, so meh.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Natural 20 posted:

I mean mainly I really don't want to serious business a game that specifically isn't meant to be serious business.

I don't know about you, but if I put in a gigantic amount of effort into a game only to get memed by an absolutely broken scum role I'd be really really salty and there's a really goddamn high chance of that happening this game.

Eh, I mean, if we aren't going to try, then what's the point?

Like, I don't see a huge problem with your reasoning there. But what is the point of our cool roles if we aren't actually playing?

The thread will just die and we'll all meh into the sunset.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

It's not that interesting, that Pod, flipped town, used that to "push a vote" on you. (Also, he never voted you)

Instead, we see that a town, with no interest in being deceptive, thought that was a valid argument.

---

Having said that, I've had my own suspicions about Jimmy, so meh.

I completely forgot Pod was dead.

Man I am useless without spreadsheets.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

Eh, I mean, if we aren't going to try, then what's the point?

Like, I don't see a huge problem with your reasoning there. But what is the point of our cool roles if we aren't actually playing?

The thread will just die and we'll all meh into the sunset.

Dunno about you, but my role doesn't do anything during the day so I'm waiting for some good old fashioned night action funtime.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I can see where you’re coming from Nat. I’m feeling ok enough to ##unvote for now since I’m satisfied with the argument you presented.

Natural 20 posted:

Dunno about you, but my role doesn't do anything during the day so I'm waiting for some good old fashioned night action funtime.

I know we’re all excited about night action Funtime, but i don’t want it to come at the cost of daytime activity. Honestly, with the crazy roles that exist, I’m leery of leaning too hard into night action mafia as hypothetically anything can be in the game and with the roles that have been flipped so far, trying to make full sense of the night phase seems like an exercise in futility. Not saying that night actions are completely useless though.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, it's late there now, he's may be sleeping. But the thread was open all day for non game talk and he said nothing and the day started at probably around 7pm his time? If I got the time zones right?

I was already a bit sus on Yami, so maybe.

I'm still sus on Bif and would vote there to start the day if she hadn't done us the favor of proving her new vampire PR is real. She's at least telling the truth about that.

Also, weird that Rhj just popped in, said he was going to reread the day, then didn't comment on it.

Yeah, Yami is in a similar time zone to me and it started around early evening for me IIRC. Though he may be slightly ahead of me so that could give him less time to post. I’ll give a day before I start properly hunting for him. He might be busy during the day.

I dunno where Rhj has gone. He said it was easy to prove, but still hasn’t done so? Maybe he’s in a time zone where he’s sleeping right now. Similar situation with Yami where I am willing to give a day before going full throttle on suspicions.

What was the case on Bif? She was honest about being targeted by imgay’s night ability, though I’m not sure if that’s really a strong indication of alignment. I haven’t twigged anything significant on her.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Yami's in Germany so he runs an hour ahead of me iirc which puts him at 2 am right now.

Also he tends not to show until the evening his time.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Yay! More Eurogoons :D

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Yeah, Yami is in a similar time zone to me and it started around early evening for me IIRC. Though he may be slightly ahead of me so that could give him less time to post. I’ll give a day before I start properly hunting for him. He might be busy during the day.

I dunno where Rhj has gone. He said it was easy to prove, but still hasn’t done so? Maybe he’s in a time zone where he’s sleeping right now. Similar situation with Yami where I am willing to give a day before going full throttle on suspicions.

What was the case on Bif? She was honest about being targeted by imgay’s night ability, though I’m not sure if that’s really a strong indication of alignment. I haven’t twigged anything significant on her.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875504&userid=42113#post490370115

That was the post where I made the call, you'll need to read the exchange from the beginning in context.

She feels way off to me, but part of that could indeed just be the PR. I'm just thinking that is also a great excuse to lean into if you are scum.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry, I fell asleep in my comfortable chair and had a too-long nap.

Here you are, proof.

Anyway, after re-reading D1 I get the impression, based on Solus' sole actual read and vote on Bee that Bee is probably town because of it, as the case was a bit stretch on his part. That it was in "defense" of Sal and what that means for Sal's alignment, I'm not sure yet.

Them's my thoughts on it currently.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I’m so mad that imgays power is still going

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rhjamiz posted:

Here you are, proof.

thanks beau

Mr. Humalong posted:

It would take a lot to get me to vote for Yami right now

like as in the course of gameplay like you wouldn't want to

or logistically because you're in a skybox or w/e

jimmydalad posted:

I would like to hear more from Nat 20

i do not like this post

jimmydalad posted:

##unvote for now since I’m satisfied with the argument you presented.

... trying to make full sense of the night phase seems like an exercise in futility. Not saying that night actions are completely useless though.

fwiw, I built my role around the idea of being able to make sense of things in the midst of ffiv-style utter chaos [thug nod to kb]

and then someone scrawled madness all over my goddamn wall

literally two or three words nestled in a mundane post and i'll know you got em helpful stranger

this poo poo had better not be a loving code

Natural 20 posted:

Man I am useless

checkmate kkoouuhhaaii

Rhjamiz posted:

Anyway, after re-reading D1 I get the impression, based on Solus' sole actual read and vote on Bee that Bee is probably town because of it, as the case was a bit stretch on his part. That it was in "defense" of Sal and what that means for Sal's alignment, I'm not sure yet.

i feel like you really want sal to be guilty, and that is an impulse i understand very well, but this sort of transition property guilt-by-assosh is dangerous

[oh my god i could've made a disguiser role fFs]

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

this poo poo had better not be a loving code

@nat i swear to god

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rhjamiz posted:

Sorry, I fell asleep in my comfortable chair and had a too-long nap.

Here you are, proof.

Them's my thoughts on it currently.

Cool, proven.

Also, that's a good call on Binus. That doesn't look like a bus, so he's pretty cleared.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

peramene posted:

i feel like you really want sal to be guilty, and that is an impulse i understand very well, but this sort of transition property guilt-by-assosh is dangerous

[oh my god i could've made a disguiser role fFs]

You're not wrong, that would make things fall into place neatly, but deep down I know it means very little and is probably just the most opportunistic case he could make and it just so happened to be in Sal's "defense".

Honestly, the more I look, the more it looks like what I might do as scum, coming to town's defense when other town accuse them, so that I can be like "See I told you" if they get lynched.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Hopefully we hear more from Sal today, so I can find out.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry I guess I don't realize what Solus has to do with me?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Goddamit I deleted my post on accident. Basically I see where you say Solus was defending me but if you want to use that as your agenda to push a case on me you are barking up the wrong tree.

Mainly Solus was pointing out that obvious joke posts from me were in fact joke posts.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

peramene posted:

like as in the course of gameplay like you wouldn't want to

or logistically because you're in a skybox or w/e

yes

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry I guess I don't realize what Solus has to do with me?

Solus didn't have many posts, but his contribution to D1 was as follows:

- Declared that he didn't think you were scum (and earlier that he believed your VT claim)
- Declared that imgay was town
- Voted for B-
- Small interaction with bif and mmt
- One post 'interaction' with kb, humalong and myself

Normally scum try to not engage with one another. So I really don't think that should bring much suspicion on you, but it doesn't hurt to take into account and remember.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
The spoiler thing is actually extremely annoying. This is were I am sitting at the moment:

I feel quite comfortable/ambivalent on a number of players at the moment. So my process of elimination, I think I am most suspicious of (in order):

Yami (disappearance, weird miller claim, leaving without voting when knowing they wouldn't be online for lynching)
Rhjamiz (too much lurking day 1)
Jimmy (behaving differently than normal town on day 1 and nothing so far to clear him)
Bif (not anything solid, but just suspicious of her)

I'm also suspicious of Chaos Lord and Natural 20. However, the first called out Solus' post as scum and the latter was cleared by KB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

• Locked thread