Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Best of luck town, kill Nep Nep next. Hawk will lead us to a just victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
hmm

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

is jimmy a good enough Mod to make scum messenger and Kill at tulhe same time

no disrespect to jimmu, my guess is no

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote clord

Yeah sorry for contributing my thoughts to towns knowledge pool max and Nep Nep, this is probably the best lunch aside from me today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

##vote clord

Yeah sorry for contributing my thoughts to towns knowledge pool max and Nep Nep, this is probably the best lunch aside from me today.

wow rude, I stick up for you and this is what I get, smh smh

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

wow rude, I stick up for you and this is what I get, smh smh

for real though I am definitely the other option today so I get it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
kinda feel like we need to flip aa or max

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I’m startign to think that the Masonry, like anime, is bad

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The thing about it that is most confusing to me is the "I will announce your cop results so scum target me and not you and then we can drop the :masterstroke: on them."

As far as I know your Masonry was unconfirmed so that is a huge leap of trust there. Thats the only thing that smells weird to me about it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean flip me if you must, not the claimed cop. dont be dumb here

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Unholy masonry lol what a leap in logic toal... it's this type of farfetched foil that makes me think just maybe...

How many scum did we've had 2 scum flip, there are one or two more and Max if he himself is not scum.

Do you think I coordinated revealing his 3p status at the end of d1?

That would be a huge risk given town usually does not give a pass to 3p.

If we were scum together this would be a very dumb tactic.

Then as I stated Max had alluded to the cop role with the if I were a cop questions day 1 in the masonry and he left the crumb on thread.

I mean that's a lot to confide in an unconfirmed masonry, and I had already revealed he was 3p so it just doesn't mesh as scum motivations on either of our parts from where I stand.

Two people with town motivations who have been repeatedly wary of one another, but ultimately forthcoming and direct with out results and actions. Even with my gambit.

Why would either of us come in like we did. Max first before I even responded in masonry to vote reggae.

I mean... the only foil here is Max could he scum architecting this whole thing on a series of risks based on how I might respond, and if so, kudos.... but it's a huge gamble. Seems unlikely.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Here's a question for you, AA. When you did your cover claim yesterday, you said this:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I didn't want to reveal this, but I'm a dedicated cop, no even and no odd. Frankly it's why I didn't believe birb for a moment.

I copped asf, bee and reggae. Reggae only non town result.

I believe Max and have not wasted a night on him.

The first two statements are fine, but after thinking about it for awhile the third statement struck me as odd. Max claimed to you to be a 3p survivor, right? You're not the cop, but at the time that was your claim, but that statement seems odd. Since you were trying to represent being a cop, that statement sticks out because whether Max is 3p survivor or scum, you would know that an investigation on Max should return the result "non-town" either way. Believing Max would have had nothing to do with it. Now, it's not really material since you're not the cop, but I would like to know: Why did you say that that way?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh, I just hadn't thought about it like that in all honesty :v:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

why wouobl there be a 3P cop?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Makes sense for survivor. Can play to either win con.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If I've been bamboozled...

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

why would both claimed cops get s false result on the same night on the same person

to find out ima jimp of this bridge

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Eh, I just hadn't thought about it like that in all honesty :v:

I'm inclined to believe you. Here's why. You said this:

Anyhow, I'm just a VT/Mason, I was hoping Max would have been right about reggae, then I'd soak up the kill that night, and Max would go, A-ha, but I was the cop the whole time. Me a daring Watson to his Holmes wrt this game and my gambit lol.

Whether AA is town or scum, this statement about his intent can be boiled down to one absolutely true statement:
The purpose of AA's play on day 4 was so AA would get targeted night 4.

If town, then AA's statement is true at face value.

If scum, then AA obviously couldn't attract the scum kill, and Hawke would not be able to investigate him n4. Scum in this scenario would likely assume there was a doctor, and pretend to draw fire in a towny way in hopes of drawing the protection. By having a better guess at where the protection could fall, they could focus on killing a priority target.

...but they didn't. ASF was JOAT who, unless they were hiding abilities, had already burned through all their stuff. Why ASF? I don't see it, so I think the simpler explanation is that AA at least is town.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

why would both claimed cops get s false result on the same night on the same person

to find out ima jimp of this bridge

AA claimed before you, right? In order to fake that we'd need something like:

-You were in on it too (lol no)
-One of them is actually a watcher, saw you visit Reggae, knew you'd get a false result, came up with the plan and got out ahead of you
-Pure luck

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

-One of them is actually a watcher, saw you visit Reggae, knew you'd get a false result, came up with the plan and got out ahead of you
-Pure luck

Hawke claimed first

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hawke claimed first

Ah nvm carry on

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Nep-Nep posted:

-Pure luck

it wiuld work if the Combination was watcher/tracker and framer, but I don’t think that leaves anyone to do the Kill

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not really sure why beyond me using the info to figure out who I want to try and win with, from a balance perspective.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m also wondering why the cops with scum results aren’t pushing for s lynch of their targets

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I’m also wondering why the cops with scum results aren’t pushing for s lynch of their targets

I mean, I pushed yesterday, and whoops the result was wrong. So now I'm slightly wary, though not after how Toal responded.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Anyone wanna turbo AA?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Anyone wanna turbo AA?

rude af imo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why turbo AA?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

Anyone wanna turbo b-minus?

:emptyquote:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't want to turbo anyone, just because we have the numbers advantage against scum doesn't mean we should just throw out reason for apathy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That is definitely how we will lose what is almost definitely a winnable game.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I wasn't serious about turboing but I don't understand where b-minus is coming from wanting to vote you out at all.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Seems like standard bee goofing, but could be scum. Still think toal is best bet.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Just trying to spice up the game a bit.

I’ll vote toal I guess. I still hate all of the cop claims, at least one must be bullshit

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll vote toal I guess. I still hate all of the cop claims, at least one must be bullshit

OK

What are your thoughts on Toal absent a cop investigation?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

I think that's something to reevaluate later, but since AA is no longer claiming to be a cop I don't see how voting him out would prove anything wrt that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I will probably be busy through deadline tomorrow so I'll be around a couple of hours tonight and will put my vote down before I go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Absent a result I think I would be most suspicious of binus for not voting the first time around in KB and for putting Toal at -1 and then inviting after hawke tried to hammer. Seems strange to me to be ok enough with a vote to put it at the brink but then back off as soon as someone tries it.

But I don’t think anyone else will agree and don’t think I’ll be back so :effort: ##vote Toal

• Locked thread