Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

raton posted:

That's because in English we say milk and cream not cream and milk because the m doesnt allide well with the reduced "and" sound ("n")

Also pint of Ben and Jerrys is like four bucks, there are eight pints in a gallon so that's three times as expensive

Don’t be dense. It’s because you can’t claim something is made of CREAM with milk if, in fact your ice cream is mostly made of milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
What killed the sherbets?

DA ICE-CREAM AGE!

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

bobfather posted:

Don’t be dense. It’s because you can’t claim something is made of CREAM with milk if, in fact your ice cream is mostly made of milk.

That's not the right one - the Costco version lists cream first :colbert:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Oohh shiit gotcha now.
Talkin poo poo about Costco ice cream? Not in this thread.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also the ice cream has real vanilla which is insanely expensive now.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
probably expensive because it's ice cream and not 'frozen dairy treat'

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I love Costco.

They are still out of the chicken caesar salads at the foodcourt though. :sigh: They make great lunches to stash at the office.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Costco sells one gallon cartons of heavy cream you know, they are in the cold dairy and eggs room.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I love Costco.com, have bought an electric car charger and a set of nursery furniture in the last 2 weeks. PBUC and PBUC.com

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I agree. I love Costco.com.

It’s great for clothes you can’t find in store too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yesterday a worker was walking around by the registers trying to sell postage stamps. I was like....uh....what the gently caress is a stamp? :smug:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think they're ever gonna find a cure for romaine, bro.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I don't think they're ever gonna find a cure for romaine, bro.

Hydroponically grown Butter Lettuce is amazing.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All hail the new foliage king. All we need is ANOTHER guy from T.J to invent an entirely new salad that we can pass off as "italian"

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Hydroponically grown Butter Lettuce is amazing.

This is the truest thing posted in this thread in a long time. If I could find a good supplier of it that wasn't $5/head that's all I would ever eat.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

hakimashou posted:

Costco sells one gallon cartons of heavy cream you know, they are in the cold dairy and eggs room.

At least at mine, they are also organic and only like 10 bucks.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

binge crotching posted:

This is the truest thing posted in this thread in a long time. If I could find a good supplier of it that wasn't $5/head that's all I would ever eat.

They have 3 packs at the co for 5ish bucks?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ive been told costco is....good?!?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Where else can I spend over $500 on random crap, but insist that the hot dog stay at $1.50 so that I can save money?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

The best, really

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco Gasoline alone makes up for my membership fee.

Plus...that dog. :wow:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Got a rather large paycheck (sightly more than I usually get let me have this), so I decided to treat myself to "look around" at the 'co.

I now have Kirkland seasoned roast beef and oven roasted turkey breast in my fridge along with the Finlandia colby and cheddar slices which went on my evening burg. Got a two-pack of high quality travel mugs, some Adidas training pants, what I will call a "heap" of strawberries and a Popcornopolis gift basket for my friend.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Those fuckin Sanders caramels are so good they should be on the controlled substance schedule.

Also got 2 giant blocks of cheese, 50 padded clothes hangers, vitamins and greenies for my doggo, a food scale, two soft robes for gifts, baguettes, and some of that zebra popcorn you animals keep going on about.

Pbuc, inshallah.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

bloodysabbath posted:

Those fuckin Sanders caramels are so good they should be on the controlled substance schedule.

Also got 2 giant blocks of cheese, 50 padded clothes hangers, vitamins and greenies for my doggo, a food scale, two soft robes for gifts, baguettes, and some of that zebra popcorn you animals keep going on about.

Pbuc, inshallah.

How much was this food scale you speak of?

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

Plus...that dog. :wow:
I get a Bratwurst at my Costco. It is the superior sausage.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I bought one of those expensive $10 for a single bottle craft beers at Costco last week, as a treat to myself. It very much tasted like something who huffs their own farts and only drinks something unique to claim superiority over other people would like.

There was clearly brewed with a ton of love, and I could tell it used some real quality ingredients. It just...didn't taste that great. I started to warm up to it after a bit (because it was 14% ABV) but the aftertaste never improved. After every sip, it felt like I brushed my teeth with sugar.

Overall I'm happy I experienced that beer but I wouldn't buy it again. I just wish I remembered what it was called. I picked that one out specifically because the label made me laugh, there was an old man in front of a farmhouse eating pancakes looking miserable.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Renegret posted:

It very much tasted like something who huffs their own farts and only drinks something unique to claim superiority over other people would like.

I mean, welcome to the wonderful world of drinking craft beers?

:shrug:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, welcome to the wonderful world of drinking craft beers?

:shrug:

fair

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

therobit posted:

They have 3 packs at the co for 5ish bucks?

They don't have em at my local unfortunately

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Don't get me wrong: I love me an ultra-double American IPAs or Imperial Stouts black as midnight or whatever, but yeah: you go through a lot of :circlefap: to find the good ones.

Luckily it's beer not wine so it's cheap enough to play around in.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to the co Thursday to get snow tires put on. Going to get a dog too

PBUC

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

We just got back from the Caribbean cruise we bought at Costco, and drove to Costco in the car this weekend in we bought at Costco a few years ago :smug:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My Costco gas station is still the same price or a couple pennies more than the Arco stations, makes no drat sense.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FCKGW posted:

My Costco gas station is still the same price or a couple pennies more than the Arco stations, makes no drat sense.

A lot of gas stations make literal pennies on the gallon for the gas, it basically is only there to get you to come into the little convenience store they also run.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I bought a thing of peppermint bark to bring to a party this past weekend but ended up not going, so now I have a big container of it. I tried it this morning and it's really good, I have no self control with peppermint things though so I'll probably just binge on it all week til it's gone.

Also I got these little French crepe things that are super tasty. Blessed sugar overload.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

gey muckle mowser posted:

I bought a thing of peppermint bark.

Oh Ghirardelli, why must you be visible from the checkout lines.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Tnega posted:

Oh Ghirardelli, why must you be visible from the checkout lines.

the one I got is actually Kirkland brand, it was back near the bakery

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

I bought one of those expensive $10 for a single bottle craft beers at Costco last week, as a treat to myself. It very much tasted like something who huffs their own farts and only drinks something unique to claim superiority over other people would like.

There was clearly brewed with a ton of love, and I could tell it used some real quality ingredients. It just...didn't taste that great. I started to warm up to it after a bit (because it was 14% ABV) but the aftertaste never improved. After every sip, it felt like I brushed my teeth with sugar.

Overall I'm happy I experienced that beer but I wouldn't buy it again. I just wish I remembered what it was called. I picked that one out specifically because the label made me laugh, there was an old man in front of a farmhouse eating pancakes looking miserable.

Come on over to the beer thread in Goons with Sporks and talk about how much we all like barleywine. :chud:

I've found through my many Costco adventures, that certain Costcos will have more beer and craft beer in stock then others. My Local Costco has the general selections of mexican cervasas and coors lite. One Costco up in San Juan Capistrano had a pretty big craft beer selections from alot of the "bigger" mirco breweries. Modern Times, Golden Road, Ballast Point, Green Flash, and a few randos in the mix. It was surprising! Bought like, 2 24pks of Ballast Point for like $40.

PBUC

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

gey muckle mowser posted:

the one I got is actually Kirkland brand, it was back near the bakery

You bought a whole tree's worth of peppermint bark. I bought some for the office last year and it is good but very bad if you have poor self control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

Don't you have to pay cash/debit at Arco? I'd rather put it on my card and get sweet, sweet points.