Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What a strong effort, Yami-san! I'm feeling a little better about you now.

I have similar feelings to you and KB about Sal, so I wouldn't mind at all if we focused there instead for today.

##vote Sal

Rhjamiz posted:

Seeing these posts so far, I am extremely comfortable with my leans, and further posting by Bif and my thinking on Nat20 leaves me considering moving them off my list. Moreso Nat than Bif

I'll post for Kit my thoughts on my leans at lunch.

Isn't this strange, though. You're feeling even better about Nat from his recent posts? Maybe it's because I can only work up vague suspicions on so many people. The rest of you must be so much more confident.

But I didn't get that feeling from Nat-kun... if his only suspicions worth mentioning are Yami and b-minus, and the b-minus one looks especially questionable today... rather than confidence, it feels a bit ominous, doesn't it? Like perhaps he's holding back, not able to freely offer more thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Isn't this strange, though. You're feeling even better about Nat from his recent posts? Maybe it's because I can only work up vague suspicions on so many people. The rest of you must be so much more confident.

But I didn't get that feeling from Nat-kun... if his only suspicions worth mentioning are Yami and b-minus, and the b-minus one looks especially questionable today... rather than confidence, it feels a bit ominous, doesn't it? Like perhaps he's holding back, not able to freely offer more thoughts.

My feeling on Nat is more to do with my thoughts on KB. I've been thinking over his stance on the matter and have a few suspicions I'll sit on for now but make sense to me.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Podima not PerA. I knew I should've double checked.

##vote salthebard

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
God job scum. I can't roll my eyes back any father than they already are.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote KB

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So that's all you got? To put words in your mouth, since you aren't doing it, you are positing that I am scum leading a charge on supposedly town you? Are the other votes townies who were fooled? Or are they also scum?

If they aren't scum, who are your other scum picks?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

So that's all you got? To put words in your mouth, since you aren't doing it, you are positing that I am scum leading a charge on supposedly town you? Are the other votes townies who were fooled? Or are they also scum?

If they aren't scum, who are your other scum picks?

I'm not sure who is town and who is scum. I feel like you are playing an aggressive game with me and I'm not sure why. So that's why Im voting for you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not sure who is town and who is scum. I feel like you are playing an aggressive game with me and I'm not sure why. So that's why Im voting for you.

this is such an anti-town mindset that it may as well be 3p, babe

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Rolling over and dying is how town loses. If you're town, don't give up THAT easily.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

this is such an anti-town mindset that it may as well be 3p, babe

:shrug:

Can't help how I feel.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

Ok, well, fwiw, if you are town, this progression doesn't seem natural to me. You said my comment about you in my post was more aggressive then you would expect from me(fwiw, I didn't think there was anything aggressive about that comment), but seemed fine to leave it there. I made no further comments about you before your vote.

Instead, what happened is Bif jumped on. Then shortly after pera jumped on. At which point we get this:

SalTheBard posted:

So I can understand your personal feelings ramping up/maybe some adrenaline going there as a result of the sudden votes. But note that I didn't do anything more there. So how did we go from:

SalTheBard posted:

Wow this post seems really aggressive O_o from you.

To here with a vote after on me:

SalTheBard posted:

If you don't even necessarily think I'm scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not sure if you are scum or not, my vote was OMGUS, so it's whatever and why I unvoted.

I thought the "Maybe Sal will come and wow me!" was a little excessive since you had got your point across through the body of your post. I can see scum jumping in for an opportunistic lynch. So yeah, I'm at work the rest of the day, probably will respond intermittently from here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not sure if you are scum or not, my vote was OMGUS, so it's whatever and why I unvoted.

I thought the "Maybe Sal will come and wow me!" was a little excessive since you had got your point across through the body of your post. I can see scum jumping in for an opportunistic lynch. So yeah, I'm at work the rest of the day, probably will respond intermittently from here.

Out of OMGUS votes, KB still seems a bit odd to me. I know feelings probably factored in, but I'm personally more suspicious of pera's vote than KB's atm.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Less on YF now, this is more like what I expect to see.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Continuation of thoughts:

Pera hasn't really been contributing much from what I can tell, as was pointed out previously

I don't know if its their meta or whatever, as I barely played with them.

But the fact remains that they barely contributed.

##vote peramene

Some content to go with the commentary, please?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Going to be all from me today. Really wish I had more time for this...

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yami Fenrir posted:

##vote peramene

Some content to go with the commentary, please?

i disagree with your qualitative assessment but not your quantitative; concordantly: "eh, fair"

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

My thoughts on my list. You'll notice a theme:

Bif; I can't read them well, and I can't tell if they are being sycophantic and hiding it behind their, uh, post restriction or if that is a product of it.

Nat20; no strong feeling but that's changing slowly.

Jimmy; already given.

Kit; reads like an eager, serious new player, but I can't follow their logic too well which has got my suspicions up. Normally I can at least follow the thoughts even if I don't agree.

Sal; I have no strong read on him.

pera; I don't know their style but their posts don't seem... helpful. The opposite, even.

I like Jimmy, Kit and pera most.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SalTheBard posted:

---

Can't help how I feel.

##unvote

I feel like if Sal were town, the natural assumption here would be that KB is scum trying to drive a mislynch on him. The fact that he bypasses that train of thought and goes with "I'm not sure why" followed by talking about how being cased made him feel (instead of being suspicious of it) screams scum mindset to me.

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
When I flip town just keep track of who voted for me and who lead the cuddle.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Its also frustrating that my joke vote on MMT was scrutinized more than Peras vote on me was.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You are still at -3 and no one is going to be in a hurry to cuddle you with like 30 hours left in the game.

You have plenty of time to post when you get off work, make some cases and find scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

mafia edit:

game=day

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Its also frustrating that my joke vote on MMT was scrutinized more than Peras vote on me was.

You mean the one made only two and a half hours ago?

In any case, Sal-san... even if it's frustrating, you can understand it, can't you? You yourself ignored pera's vote on you to react against KB instead, after all!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

When I flip town just keep track of who voted for me and who lead the cuddle.

So this does kind of segue nicely into something I want to bring up.

There's a cold, hard, reality that comes with wielding dice for a living: not everyone wins. If it were up to me, you'd all win! After all, I make a living off tips - all I'm concerned about is that my players have a good time.

My stated role is simply to make it until the game ends, and to make sure my players are enjoying themselves. I'm choosing my targets at random based on my list (which I think still has two spots on it?). That said, I understand that some of you are rooting for different things. And also that some of you have the ability to kill me at night. I definitely don't want that! So here's where I stand:

To those of you betting the Pass Line - aka "town" - I promise that I'll give you guys all the best information I can to help you get ahead! I feel like I'm one of you at heart, and I'd be right there with you if I hadn't taken the Crap Dealer's Oath:

1. Never leave a game early
2. Let the dice land where they may

To those of you betting the Don'ts - aka "scum" - sometimes the dice don't land town's way. It would be a shame to kill the dealer before you see what happens :ohdearsass:

----

tl;dr - I'm a Survivor, please don't kill me

I was trying to do the "case just enough not to get voted out but not enough to get NK'ed" thing but no one is casing me, which is freaking me out, so I'd rather just claim.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Yes but I don’t know why they wouldn’t come forward and admit they targeted pod unless they’re scum

You gonna name names or what, man?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In addition to posting who you saw Bminus, we haven't gotten anything from you today on who you think is scum, etc.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann). I was a Hider since my bro Jon Joe was alive. When my bro is killed I get a revenge kill that is a Juggernaut kill called Giga Drill Break. However since the person who killed my bro also died I'm sort of left with nothing :-/ since Retro killed himself. I can only use my kill on the person that killed my bro (so there is a certain degree of guessing involved) and if I guess incorrectly my kill fails (as Simon would never hurt anyone that didn't wrong him). Like I said I wasn't very creative (which I think is part of why I'm a little "meh" on this game, because my big moment to Giga Drill Break someone was over in the first hour the game was open.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

ugh. loving phones.

##vote b-minus1

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 4, 2018

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

loving gently caress I'd swear I hit quote and not edit for that post, what the gently caress

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

In addition to posting who you saw Bminus, we haven't gotten anything from you today on who you think is scum, etc.

You seem awfully interested in the identity of the other person that visited pod. I wonder why

Here’s a read. You’re scum. ##vote kb

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

I'm Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann). I was a Hider since my bro Jon Joe was alive. When my bro is killed I get a revenge kill that is a Juggernaut kill called Giga Drill Break. However since the person who killed my bro also died I'm sort of left with nothing :-/ since Retro killed himself. I can only use my kill on the person that killed my bro (so there is a certain degree of guessing involved) and if I guess incorrectly my kill fails (as Simon would never hurt anyone that didn't wrong him). Like I said I wasn't very creative (which I think is part of why I'm a little "meh" on this game, because my big moment to Giga Drill Break someone was over in the first hour the game was open.

Why would you claim vanilla town if this is your actual role

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Because I was joking like I said half a dozen times

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

You seem awfully interested in the identity of the other person that visited pod. I wonder why

Fascinating.

This is an interesting way to get out of having to claim your results.

Just a little while ago you said you thought the unclaimed person must be scum, why the hesitation to reveal them? What has changed?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

I mean - I'm kinda curious to hear it too, mainly to see if it contradicts what I saw with my track.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Breadcrumbs (Posted shortly after Jon Joe was killed, this is the quote that Simon says when Kamina dies)

SalTheBard posted:

That day we lost something that could never be replaced

More breadcrumb with drill and beastman references

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to get drilled this game. But at least it will be fun. Some of you sound like real beasts!

More breadcrumbs

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to do the impossible this game. I'm going to play a good mafia game

SalTheBard posted:

I'm towniest town. My whole purpose in life is lead town to victory. My drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens.

SalTheBard posted:

Fight the Power!

VT is a joke

SalTheBard posted:

My Vanilla claim is a joke. In a game where I could be anything I came up with something I thought would be fun.

SalTheBard posted:

VT is my least favorite role in mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Fascinating.

This is an interesting way to get out of having to claim your results.

Just a little while ago you said you thought the unclaimed person must be scum, why the hesitation to reveal them? What has changed?

I think we're getting back on the same page now, Burgundy-san. Wasn't that a lot of the justification for not executing B- in the first place? He'd be held accountable to the role he claimed, right?

Solus voting B- at the time they did is still a bit hard to explain, but... how does this sound? I like to think a clever scum team should make sure their people take different positions on the field. One person should always try to get in early on a bus just in case. You never want to have the whole team waiting to join in only when it's too late, after all.

• Locked thread