Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thuly posted:

It's retaining states for saved teams between modes. You can take storm into a normal mission, build charge, and drop a 10 stack ult on turn 1 in arena and blitz lol

And all while half the playerbase can't even play. :discourse:

What a shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Away all Goats posted:

And all while half the playerbase can't even play. :discourse:

What a shitshow.

I'm in the half that can't play

:gaz:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

It's back on Android and they offered a good amount of useful stuff (for someone semi-new) as compensation. Was a little funny to see a couple of meltdowns about it on Reddit.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Since the whole Brotherhood (as of now) is visible...
(Maxed abilities)

Mystique

quote:

Villain, Global, Mutant, Controller, Brotherhood
Where to find: Villains 5-6
===============
Mimic Strike
Attack primary target for 210% damage. Bonus Attack 1-2 times for 160% damage + copy 2 positive effects and apply it to self.
If Magneto is an ally, copy all positive effects.

Infiltrate
4 energy, start with 4
Attack primary target for 240% damage. Attack 6 additional targets that do not have Stealth for 170% damage.
Attack all additional targets that do have Stealth for 170% damage + clear Stealth from each target.
If no enemies had Stealth, gain Stealth.
If Magneto is an ally, this attack is Unavoidable.

Shapeshifter
7 energy, start with 7
Attack primary target for 150% damage.
Trick 1 random enemy to attack the primary target. The tricked enemy gains +200% damage for this attack.
Gain Evade.

Subterfuge
On Spawn, gain Evade. Gain +1000% resistance against Bleed.
On Magneto's turn, prolong all positive effects on self and Magneto by a duration of 1, up to a maximum of 3.
Sabretooth

quote:

Villain, Global, Mutant, Brawler, Brotherhood
Where to find: Premium Orb (Event Campaign to come after first Magneto Event.)
=============
Claw Rake
Attack primary target for 340% damage.

Thrash
4 energy, start with 4
Attack primary target for 460% damage. If target has Taunt, this ability deals an additional 80% Piercing damage.
Attack all adjacent targets for 320% damage.
This attack cannot be blocked.

Blood Rush
5 energy, start with 5
Attack primary target for 380% damage + apply Bleed for 2 turns. Chain to 2-3 targets for 330% damage + apply Bleed for 2 turns.
Counterattack breaks this chain.
If Magneto is an ally, this attack cannot be counterattacked.

Feral Healing
Gain +5% damage for per Brotherhood ally.
On Turn, Heal for 15% of this character's Max Health.
When this character drops below 50% Health, gain Deathproof.
Pyro

quote:

Villain, Global, Mutant, Blaster, Brotherhood
Where to find: Pyro Blitz events, Event campaign in January
=================
Flame Thrower
Attack primary target and adjacent targets for 150% damage. Apply Bleed to each target.

Pyrotechnics
5 energy, start with 5
Attack primary target and adjacent targets for 180% damage. Apply 2 Bleed for 2 turns + Clear 2 positive effects from each target.
If Magneto is an ally, clear all positive effects from each target.

Firecrafting
6 energy, start with 4
Attack primary target and adjacent targets for 230% damage. Apply Disrupted to each target for 2 turns.
If Magneto is an ally, each target has Bleed prolonged by a duration of 1.

Stoke the Flames
Gain +25% Extra Focus.
When Pyro is attacked, fill +15% Speed Bar.
If Magneto is an ally, when an enemy drops below 50% Health, apply Heal Block.
Juggernaut

quote:

Villain, Global, Mystic, Protector, Brotherhood
Where to find: Crimson Crusher Orb (Unstoppable Event Campaign, S.T.R.I.K.E. Raid Beta)
=====================
Overwhelming Blow
Attack primary target for 290% damage. Gain Ability Energy.
Gain +1 Charged, up to a maximum of 4.

Immovable Object
7 energy, start with 7
Gain Taunt. Gain Defense Up for 2 turns. Gain Immunity. Gain Deathproof. Gain 2 Regenerate.
If Magneto is an ally, gain Taunt for 2 turns.

Crushing Charge
8 energy, start with 6
Attack primary and adjacent targets for 380% damage. Damage is increased by 80% per Charged.

I'm the Juggernaut!
On Turn, gain Charged, up to a maximum of 4. On Spawn, clear all but one stack of Charged. If any Charged were cleared, fill Speed Bar by 40%.
+10% Resistance. +5% Max Health. +1000% resistance against Stun.
If Magneto is an ally, when an enemy attacks this character, fill Speed Bar by 20%.
Magneto

quote:

Villain, Global, Controller, Mutant, Brotherhood
Where to find: Asteroid M Event Campaign reward
=================
Magnetic Force
Attack primary target for 220% damage + 20% Piercing. Chain to 1-2 additional target for 190% damage + 20% Piercing.

Polarized Beam
4 energy, start with 4
Attack primary target for 240% damage + 20% Piercing + apply Disrupted for 2 turns + apply Slow for 2 turns + remove all positive effects.
This attack is Unavoidable.

Magnetic Vortex
6 energy, start with 6
Pull all enemies up to 2 spaces toward the primary target, then attack primary and adjacent targets for 240% damage + apply Blind.
This attack is Unavoidable and cannot be Counterattacked.

Brotherhood of Mutants
On Spawn, fill 15% Speed Bar. Fill 15% Speed Bar per Brotherhood ally. On enemy Crit, apply Speed up to self and all Brotherhood.
Gain +50% Focus. Brotherhood allies gain +50% Focus.
Gain +15% Max Health. Brotherhood allies gain +15% Max Health.
They're definitely designed to be a team, since 4 of them are leaving things on the table without Magneto on the team and Magneto himself gets a pretty big first turn order boost with the rest.
As a theme on the whole, they seem dedicated to making sure they can continually deal AOE damage, with two ways to dispel Stealth and every character having some multi-target attack(s).

Edit: The Bio tag has been removed from Magneto. Fair enough.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 14, 2018

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yet another totally worth it orb deal for a new character! For $50 USD, the Juggernaut orb gives you 55 Juggernaut shards and 8 orbs. If each orb gives you just 5 shards (which is incredibly likely) then you just spent loving fifty bucks to get 95 shard and not even get the goddamned character. HELL YEAH

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

John Dyne posted:

Yet another totally worth it orb deal for a new character! For $50 USD, the Juggernaut orb gives you 55 Juggernaut shards and 8 orbs. If each orb gives you just 5 shards (which is incredibly likely) then you just spent loving fifty bucks to get 95 shard and not even get the goddamned character. HELL YEAH

Yeah but you'll get plenty of orbs from the juggernaut event too one would assume. I mean, I'd really love to give them my money since I've waited all this time for more mutants and they're really delivering now, but I spent $60 on RDR2 and when I compare that game to this it's like... shouldn't they be paying ME to play this thing?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

davebo posted:

Yeah but you'll get plenty of orbs from the juggernaut event too one would assume. I mean, I'd really love to give them my money since I've waited all this time for more mutants and they're really delivering now, but I spent $60 on RDR2 and when I compare that game to this it's like... shouldn't they be paying ME to play this thing?

The best suggestion I've heard about this game is that the payday event should be every two weeks, like how you get paid at most hourly wage jobs.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

davebo posted:

Juggernaut's not a mutant. And if you're paying that much for something you shouldn't still have to wait for the free scraps.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Dragonrah posted:

Juggernaut's not a mutant. And if you're paying that much for something you shouldn't still have to wait for the free scraps.

drat I figured they'd tag him as a mutant anyway just because of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. My x-men team will never have a taunter until they put Colossus in I guess. As for waiting a day for the one orb you'd need to get 5 shards to finish off the lowest possible roll of the rest of his orbs in the pack, that has less to do with the value of the package and more the nature of loot boxes. I really wish we could get away from microtransactions having to be a gamble and go back to everyone buying the exact same stuff, and those who want better "odds" just wait patiently for a sale on those same items.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Juggernaut campaign and Juggernaut raid are LIVE

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

davebo posted:

drat I figured they'd tag him as a mutant anyway just because of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. My x-men team will never have a taunter until they put Colossus in I guess.

Speaking of, why is Deadpool tagged as a mutant? If they're hewing so close to the comics as to make Juggernaut and Yondu mystics, why isn't Deadpool a bio like Spider-Man and Cap?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

lowercase16 posted:

Speaking of, why is Deadpool tagged as a mutant? If they're hewing so close to the comics as to make Juggernaut and Yondu mystics, why isn't Deadpool a bio like Spider-Man and Cap?

Because he IS a mutant; he gets his powers from an X gene. Spider-Man and Cap got radiation and/or special chemicals to make them what they are.

X-Men is weird.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah. Deadpool is the same as Cap in that he was turned into a superhuman, but it was via an x-gene being implanted or whatever, so he's sort of a mutant?

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

I guess... Has a Sentinel ever scanned him? If a Sentinel says he's a mutant, I'll buy it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

lowercase16 posted:

I guess... Has a Sentinel ever scanned him? If a Sentinel says he's a mutant, I'll buy it.

Remember in Marvel Heroes when the Sentinals fought a non mutant hero it would go "Super Powered Threat Detected", so I don't think they're picky.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Remember in Marvel Heroes when the Sentinals fought a non mutant hero it would go "Super Powered Threat Detected", so I don't think they're picky.

Punisher's Super Power is the Second Amendment. :911:

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I thought his superpower was PTSD

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Retardog posted:

I thought his superpower was PTSD

Pretty Talented at Shooting Dudes? Yes.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Request put in to join I Am Goon, my old guild has fallen apart and I need a new home

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Request put in to join I Am Goon, my old guild has fallen apart and I need a new home

You have been accepted into our loving embrace.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Keep those hands above the waist during that embrace

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Leave room for the Holy Moonknight

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Leave room for the Holy Moonknight

Don't remind me he ain't ever gonna be in a game worth playing ever again

by which I of course refer to his last appearance in a good game, Marvel Ultimate Alliance

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Efficiency tip: always dogpile spider-hyphen-man first so you know whether or not you lose after the first round of blitz.

Poor Distraction
Jan 16, 2006

thuly posted:

Efficiency tip: always dogpile spider-hyphen-man first so you know whether or not you lose after the first round of blitz.

OR blind him and watch as he shoot webs at the sun.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat i hate the Magneto event is only available if you have 5 mutants, but because almost all the mutants are paywalled, you're SOL.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

God drat i hate the Magneto event is only available if you have 5 mutants, but because almost all the mutants are paywalled, you're SOL.

It's not even five mutants though, because DP and Cable don't count because they're X-Force.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thuly posted:

I leave him for last and act surprised when he dodges 6 attacks in a row and wins 1v3

twistedmentat posted:

To no one's complete surprise, the only ones getting magneto any time soon are whales

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 4, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

davebo posted:

It's not even five mutants though, because DP and Cable don't count because they're X-Force.

Yea that pissed me off. Deadpool i can see, but Cable?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

DP/Cable not counting was a real blade in the ribs, but cmon guys: if they let us use all the mutants we've been building up piecemeal, that gives them less ground to twist our arms for $30 bundles of shards.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hope everyone is enjoying the new update

lol

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

yes.... yes, that seems balanced and good.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

lol

Please tell me this is you.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I really wish I could, but I found it through reddit.

I had the much more exciting red star haul of like 8 minions

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Away all Goats posted:

lol

:captainpop:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I cannot imagine how much someone whaled on that.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Pay 2 win overpower mechanics in an already overpriced game yikes

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Away all Goats posted:

lol

oh no I never finished my waifu, guess I have to play again

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
How did they even pay for that? Where do you get orbs other than those couple offers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

It's literally gambling. Every red orb you open has an infinitesimal chance to be a 7* red for a particular hero, meaning the top of arena in a couple days will be people that pumped ludicrous money in to the point that their good heroes got the stars they need.