Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I assume this is a known trick, but: I found a perfect turtle on that island with the shipwreck but was dismayed when my boat had vanished and I had no way to transport it to the shore. However, if you select camp while holding it you're automatically teleported to shore and the perfect carcass is just sitting next to you at your camp.

But then in another twist of fate, there is no crafting need for a turtle carcass and it was basically a huge waste of time! I was hoping Pearson would make me a turtle shell stool or something but no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Do the legendary fish give you trinkets or items like the legendary animals, or are they just for cash and completion?

There’s a hat I want to make that requires a perfect cow skin. I assume the way to get this is to find some guy’s cow and shoot it, taking an honor hit?

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

Is that unique to online? I've never lost a lure fishing.

Didn't that get patched? I wouldn't mind making Marston a few dollars once I'm done with the cow milking missions.

Possible but I did it after online got released.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hamish Sinclair question because my game bugged out: as Hamish was dying, he told me I should take care of his horse. Then the giant boar stormed me and I killed it. The game gave me an option to take a trophy, but when I pressed that, I fell trough the map screaming. I respawned some distance away, but Hamish, the horse and the boar are gone. Did I miss some cool rewards due to that bug?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I actually finished the Bandit Challenges and now I’m trying to regain the hell out of my honor back. Was pretty funny when I went to have a sit and talk with Mary and Arthur was like it’s like I lost control. All I can think was look we had to steal those wagons and they didn’t want to comply so gun to face was the only option. :v:

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

shut up blegum posted:

Hamish Sinclair question because my game bugged out: as Hamish was dying, he told me I should take care of his horse. Then the giant boar stormed me and I killed it. The game gave me an option to take a trophy, but when I pressed that, I fell trough the map screaming. I respawned some distance away, but Hamish, the horse and the boar are gone. Did I miss some cool rewards due to that bug?
you can keep his horse

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Shindragon posted:

I actually finished the Bandit Challenges and now I’m trying to regain the hell out of my honor back. Was pretty funny when I went to have a sit and talk with Mary and Arthur was like it’s like I lost control. All I can think was look we had to steal those wagons and they didn’t want to comply so gun to face was the only option. :v:

When Arthur said something like "I feel I'm not even in control of my own actions" I almost expected them both to look into the camera.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

you can keep his horse

Yeah well I can't because I fell through the map and died and respawned. They're all gone. I'm hoping his horse wasn't anything special?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

very exciting that "being good" at gaming in 2018 means making the right choices for your budget in an in-game economy

going to make an extreme couponing simulation and make a mint

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Tercio posted:

very exciting that "being good" at gaming in 2018 means making the right choices for your budget in an in-game economy

The problem with that is that everyone interested will wait for a discount code before they buy.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Lumpy posted:

The problem with that is that everyone interested will wait for a discount code before they buy.

no it doesn't, they'll all preorder it so they can get the in-game bonuses giving them an hour head start on the grinding over all the scrubs who wait

now, if they don't wait to buy things until they have a discount code in the in-game economy, well then they're just noobs

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

shut up blegum posted:

Yeah well I can't because I fell through the map and died and respawned. They're all gone. I'm hoping his horse wasn't anything special?

Buell is alright but nothing that special. Big bastard with decent stats, a rare coat, and weird looking eyes. Slower than a purchased Turkoman, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a spoiler free list of all the locations of weird poo poo you can find in the wilderness available anywhere?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

henpod posted:

gently caress me, I am absolutely abysmal at the deathmatch-type games in this. Anywhere I go, bang, instant headshot. poo poo is brutal and to be honest, not too much fun. Yes, I gotta 'git gud', but still, the controls are clunky and slow...

The controls are awful. That said, they are customizable, so play with the acceleration and aim assist settings in the menu. It helps.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Feenix posted:

is STOWING food you cook just busted online? The moment I put 2 cooked meats in my bag, they aren't on my wheel at all.

Meals were never on the wheel, dude. Meats you gotta open the satchel for. Thus it takes slightly longer, so in combat you eat canned food but outside of combat always eat cooked meals instead.

So many goons bad at videogames jumping to conclusions "game must be busted!"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The game is busted so it’s a fair guess, relax

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tercio posted:

Its less "being good" and more "using your brain".

Which lots of games don't require at all, but comeon. Lots of games require you to think about how to best use resources.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Hilarious if you lose a lure after the first one, fishing is crazy easy, just don't reel in the fish when it's struggling. Literally the simplest task. Fish don't "swallow" lures or at least haven't in the hundreds of fish I've caught online and in single player.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
the varmint rifle is the best gun in the game

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Its less "being good" and more "using your brain".

Which lots of games don't require at all, but comeon. Lots of games require you to think about how to best use resources.

if a fishing lure - that can be lost at times - strategically helps you catch fish, but that same fishing lure costs 1 gold bar - ensuring it is never a wise investment, then you've made budget choices trump gameplay choices and that's stupid as gently caress

remove the gold bar from the equation and make the lure cost a certain amount of normal in-game currency that presents an actual opportunity cost to consider against the profit you earn catching large fish attracted by the lure that you run the risk of losing each time you cast - now suddenly we're talking about actual interesting gameplay choices

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Does the ammo disappear or is that a SP only thing

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

veni veni veni posted:

Is there a spoiler free list of all the locations of weird poo poo you can find in the wilderness available anywhere?

https://rdr2map.com/

Hide everything except "point of interest", "easter egg", and "misc". All the locations of the weird poo poo will be shown on the map, no spoilers unless you click on the map marker to see what it is.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Buschmaki posted:

the varmint rifle is the best gun in the game

Between it and the pump action I’m not sure I need any others

Head shorting dudes with a .22 is hilarious and in recommend it

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Hilarious if you lose a lure after the first one, fishing is crazy easy, just don't reel in the fish when it's struggling. Literally the simplest task. Fish don't "swallow" lures or at least haven't in the hundreds of fish I've caught online and in single player.

lol this. like gamers are so entitled now they need the game basically spoon fed to them or they lose it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Where is the semi auto shotgun? I think someone said it’s in some lady’s basement or something.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Ainsley McTree posted:

The game is busted so it’s a fair guess, relax

Yeah but I haven't seen any old lady cougars or flying hobos yet!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Headshotted two members of a posse I’ve been having a vendetta ride against while they were at camp, white flag raised. I wish I could see/hear their reactions at that.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Shot a very old rifle IRL and felt like Arthur Morgan

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zaphod42 posted:

Meals were never on the wheel, dude. Meats you gotta open the satchel for. Thus it takes slightly longer, so in combat you eat canned food but outside of combat always eat cooked meals instead.

So many goons bad at videogames jumping to conclusions "game must be busted!"

Thanks for the advice, I didn't realize that. HOWEVER.. you pompous peckerwood, that does NOT make me bad at video games.

There are a million other reasons I'm bad at video games.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Tercio posted:

if a fishing lure - that can be lost at times - strategically helps you catch fish, but that same fishing lure costs 1 gold bar - ensuring it is never a wise investment, then you've made budget choices trump gameplay choices and that's stupid as gently caress

remove the gold bar from the equation and make the lure cost a certain amount of normal in-game currency that presents an actual opportunity cost to consider against the profit you earn catching large fish attracted by the lure that you run the risk of losing each time you cast - now suddenly we're talking about actual interesting gameplay choices

It only costs one gold bar if you're under level 30 which most of us are. I had 4 gold bars and don't really give a gently caress about the cosmetic poo poo they buy and skipping the lvl requirement on the lure has been super lucrative and I like fishing so gently caress it. I think it costs something cheap like $2.50 after you get to level 30 but I forget.

Hobo Clown posted:

Hide everything except "point of interest", "easter egg", and "misc". All the locations of the weird poo poo will be shown on the map, no spoilers unless you click on the map marker to see what it is.

Thank you for posting this, it's really helpful.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Where is the semi auto shotgun? I think someone said it’s in some lady’s basement or something.

Watson's Cabin in West Elizabeth, north of Strawberry.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tercio posted:

Is it always gold though? I think it only costs gold to skip the level requirement. Someone said that earlier too.

Requiring level 17 to fish and 30 to use lures is itself dumb but that's rockstar's MO.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 4, 2018

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Watson's Cabin in West Elizabeth, north of Strawberry.

This was another classic early game moment for me, wandering up to that cabin and just walking out with that gun. I think it was my first found gun, before the double barrel even.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I started playing Online last night, and: Dead Eye recovering my health, while smoking recovers my Dead Eye, is cool as hell

I'm chomping cigars and refusing to die like loving Wolverine out here, will be real delighted if they adjust some of these prices though

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Is it always gold though? I think it only costs gold to skip the level requirement. Someone said that earlier too.

Requiring level 17 to fish and 30 to use lures is itself dumb but that's rockstar's MO.

that would make at least a *bit* more sense if the gold was a one time unlock, but it's still not ideal

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

Perfect. Thank you.

E: Just spoiling myself on a few of these. How the hell did I miss like, all of this crazy poo poo?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 4, 2018

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Phil Moscowitz posted:

This was another classic early game moment for me, wandering up to that cabin and just walking out with that gun. I think it was my first found gun, before the double barrel even.

You can actually work for Mama Watson in online, provided the mission ever stops being a buggy piece of poo poo

Also, in story you can take the mule Mama Watson owns and ride it, I know because I did. Several times.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

veni veni veni posted:

Perfect. Thank you.

E: Just spoiling myself on a few of these. How the hell did I miss like, all of this crazy poo poo?

A lot of it is just stumbling into the quest giver or finding one of the items in the wild.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

TulliusCicero posted:

You can actually work for Mama Watson in online, provided the mission ever stops being a buggy piece of poo poo

Also, in story you can take the mule Mama Watson owns and ride it, I know because I did. Several times.

Is there more to her? I kept expecting whomever I was supposed to be to show up and start some poo poo with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

i have no idea what the outcome will be but they're definitely handling this differently from the fits and starts of GTA online

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1070067345387909121