Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I've been holding off on online until I can finish the epilogues but I feel like I gotta get in before they nerf all the money-making strategies people are posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

UnknownMercenary posted:

Watson's Cabin in West Elizabeth, north of Strawberry.

I found that last night while randomly wandering the moonlit wilderness while drinking a ton of whiskey

This game is very good

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm super bummed that there's nothing going on in Manzanita Outpost in this game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe the player will be able to build their own ranch/town there

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Is it always gold though? I think it only costs gold to skip the level requirement. Someone said that earlier too.

Requiring level 17 to fish and 30 to use lures is itself dumb but that's rockstar's MO.

Level 14 to fish.

Also you make so much more money with the river lure that it's ridiculous to whine about 1g/rank30 unlock.

Edit: You never lose the lure unless you're super bad at fishing. You actively have to push a button to risk it.

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 5, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Am I missing some kind of mechanic or is it normal to have to pay a LOT (by game standards) money to fast travel only to log out (sometimes I have to be a dad!!) and then log back in and be REALLY loving FAR from where I fast travelled from and have to pay again, or ride forever.

Is there a way to determine where I start or lock in my location from when I log out?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Feenix posted:

Am I missing some kind of mechanic or is it normal to have to pay a LOT (by game standards) money to fast travel only to log out (sometimes I have to be a dad!!) and then log back in and be REALLY loving FAR from where I fast travelled from and have to pay again, or ride forever.

Is there a way to determine where I start or lock in my location from when I log out?

You can choose the starting region by taking one of the area named free roam options. (Free roam lemoyne, free roam new hanover etc)

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Feenix posted:

you're supposed to be near where you left off when you log back in, the game does say that

once you fast travel maybe try doing something to establish yourself there, like respawn (player menu, online options)

also try exiting the game from the options menu, I think it's in "story"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

You can choose the starting region by taking one of the area named free roam options. (Free roam lemoyne, free roam new hanover etc)

Good point. Was ignoring those. Still a bit wide in where you land, but it'll help. :)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Feenix posted:

Free roam to Ambarino and pitch your tent in the Grizzlies. No one will ever bother you, because they are too busy being idiots shooting each other in the dick in Lamoyne or New Austin.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
hope the patch comes soon, the race modes (much better than the 20fps shooting in town modes) now always take 15 minutes to finish because >50% of the lobby is afk farming

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is there more to her? I kept expecting whomever I was supposed to be to show up and start some poo poo with me.

I honestly have no idea. I let her realize who I was, the conversation went badly, she told me she was gettin her boys to get me, and then she hopped on her mule and waddled off somewhere.

It was all very surreal and hilarious

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
gonna be pissed owned if they drop the prices of all the guns ive been buying

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

gonna be pissed owned if they drop the prices of all the guns ive been buying

Maybe they’ll compromise and take them away so you have to buy them again

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I really feel like I'm missing out on some home robbery tips or whatever because every time I rescue someone out in the open world, it seems they are terrified of the gun I just used to save them and scream and run away. Guess I'm just a scary dude?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Master hunter reporting.

https://twitter.com/Scrying_Orb/status/1070134658216554497

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

making money hand over fist killing spoonbills in the bayou

also, the game really needs a touch more reward for robbing stages/wagons/etc out in freeroam - randomize it, fine, and increase the risk - but let me feel like an outlaw on my own terms

honestly i don't know why they don't restrict gold bars as rewards for missions/match pvp etc and incentivize free roam stuff with normal cash rewards

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is there more to her? I kept expecting whomever I was supposed to be to show up and start some poo poo with me.

I'm p.sure somebody upthread said that if you go back after a couple game days or so, you meet the boys

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

The jewelry box you can loot in that cabin contains the pair of gold earrings that you need for the boar charm I believe. I'm reasonably sure you can loot them randomly, but I never did a single time in my entire playthrough, so make sure you don't sell them or give them to the camp lol

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It's funny, after spending so much time wondering if I actually liked this game while I was first playing it I'm about ready to start over again.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Same except I loved it the whole time

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1069344084333084672

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
So buying the worms in a store does get you 5 at a time instead of 1, but it costs 2.50 instead of 50 cents. Was no one paying attention or is it random?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I dont think theyll ever nerf hunting and fishing because you get no gold from it which is the pay currency

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Feel free to quote that in a week

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sometimes this game does things so profoundly stupid it still blows my mind. I'm in chapter 6 and I still haven't even been to Blackwater so i decided to ride down there. Bad idea apparently. That's fine. I'll just head back to the east side of the map and do something else. I'll go to Strawberry, and then I'll take a stagecoach back home. But oh hey, just riding to blackwater ended up racking up a large bounty for the entire region and guess what, stagecoach drivers won't give you a ride if you have a bounty I guess (why? Why would they do this? What a weird,specific thing to be affected by bounties when every other vendor is still useable) Too bad there isn't a post office in Strawberry, so I can't just pay off my bounty and be on my way. I know, I'll just piss off a cop and surrender, clearing my bounty. I do that, and loving Dutch "rescues" me. Are you loving serious? I didn't even know that was a thing. So now the cops are just chasing me. Thanks Dutch! I have now wasted 15 minutes trying to find a way to not have to run across the entire map, and I'm worse off than where I started. It's like the game read my mind every step of the way and just tried to be as annoying and counter intuitive as possible. I should have just spent 15 straight minutes running across the map, I actually would have got somewhere.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
How am I actually supposed to heal my dead horse in online? Every time I go to the stable it spits out a new zombie of my horse, but after I do a mission it says "no available horses" and sends a scrawny nag. I've tried critically injuring and reviving the horse again, and also critically injuring the horse and letting it die again.
:tinfoil:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Brightman posted:

So buying the worms in a store does get you 5 at a time instead of 1, but it costs 2.50 instead of 50 cents. Was no one paying attention or is it random?

haha no it was definitely 5/50c yesterday. I watched it tick off 50 cents 4 times and I had 20 worms

that must be rockstars "fix"

e: your getting them off the shelf and not from the catalogue, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a 32 player map that takes place entirely on a moving train because reasons.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

turtlecrunch posted:

How am I actually supposed to heal my dead horse in online? Every time I go to the stable it spits out a new zombie of my horse, but after I do a mission it says "no available horses" and sends a scrawny nag. I've tried critically injuring and reviving the horse again, and also critically injuring the horse and letting it die again.
:tinfoil:

Go to the player menu, go to stables. Revive your horse from there. It is like 4 dollars.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

TulliusCicero posted:

Go to the player menu, go to stables. Revive your horse from there. It is like 4 dollars.

You can also walk into any stable and get it back for free.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Sometimes this game does things so profoundly stupid it still blows my mind. I'm in chapter 6 and I still haven't even been to Blackwater

You didn't rescue Sean?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Single player DLC would own and I would buy Arthur DLC. I wouldn't buy marston

mp DLC seems out of the question for me.

Rockstar hosed up and made something so good that they actually over thought it and hosed up because solo is better than multiplayer but they can't go back on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

You didn't rescue Sean?

Yeah I did. I think that is mandatory. I meant I hadn't actually poked around the actual town ever. That mission just kind of just takes you to the outskirts of it.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

swims posted:

Rockstar hosed up and made something so good that they actually over thought it and hosed up because solo is better than multiplayer but they can't go back on it.

i agree with this and i didn't think i'd feel this way

once they got the kinks worked out i picked up gta online and never went back, way back in the 360 days

but single player is so good here; i tried online for a bit but i'm back to sp for the moment - i'm sure i'll go back once the beta has progressed but it's certainly not like my gta experience

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
Regarding spending a gold for the lure. It’s not like gold is limited. You can farm hideouts to get maps which get you between .5 and 1g. They’re good XP and often have loot besides.

And I’ve never lost a single lure in all my fishing. For me it’s worth it to get to catch $100 worth of fish on a single trip. If it’s not worth it for you, great, don’t do it.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Hugh Malone posted:

haha no it was definitely 5/50c yesterday. I watched it tick off 50 cents 4 times and I had 20 worms

that must be rockstars "fix"

e: your getting them off the shelf and not from the catalogue, right?

Yep, right off the shelf by the door in Valentine's general store.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So online is basically just cowboy barbie fishing simulator?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Is there any way to blow Strauss' head off when you kick him out of camp? Arthur's slow walk in the camp made it so I couldn't catch up with him before he seemingly disappeared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

ICMB posted:

Regarding spending a gold for the lure. It’s not like gold is limited. You can farm hideouts to get maps which get you between .5 and 1g. They’re good XP and often have loot besides.

If one would ever drop. Done like 12-15 hideouts and nothing.