Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
[quote="chaoslord" post="490434927"]
Absent a result I think I would be most suspicious of binus for not voting the first time around in KB and for putting Toal at -1 and then inviting after hawke tried to hammer. Seems strange to me to be ok enough with a vote to put it at the brink but then back off as soon as someone tries it.

But I don’t think anyone else will agree and don’t think I’ll be back so :effort: ##vote Toal
[/quote

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That's toal at -1. I don't see a need to move my vote but I'd like to state this:

So earlier I made a joke about turboing b-minus mainly to be edgy, but if we remember what AA claimed on Max's behalf, that wouldn't be a good idea at all. To be frank, I'm a touch surprised neither of them were more taken aback by the idea of voting for b-minus at all.

Clord having that to say about b-minus given that is pretty interesting, but, credit where it's due, his reasoning is based on b-minus' posting and doesn't just feel like a random swing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :henget: Toalpaz

Votecount for Day 5
With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2018 at midnight GMT -- that's in about 20 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
:ghost: goodluck town! :ghost:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh Jesus I literally was just about to pop in and apologize for lurking today.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

SalTheBard has been put ON NOTICE! If they fail to make 10 posts during a game day again, they will be subject to a free LIGHTS-OUT execution!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Votecount for Day 5

Toalpaz (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Max, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Nep-Nep, b-minus1, b-minus1, chaoslord, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
chaoslord (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz
Nep-Nep (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Max (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (2): b-minus1, SalTheBard

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2018 at midnight GMT -- that's in about 16 hours, 52 minutes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

:rip: Toalpaz, Scum-Aligned, Ninja/Messenger was lynched Day 5 :rip:

It is now Night 5. All actions are due NO LATER THAN 12AM GMT, Friday, December 7th. I will process and open the thread early should all actions be submitted before the deadline.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 5, 2018

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
:rip: SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Town-Aligned, Odd Cop was killed Night 5 :rip:

It is now Day 6. Deadline is at 12AM GMT on Monday, December 10th

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (6): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, chaoslord, Max, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 10th, 2018 at midnight GMT -- that's in about 4 days, 1 hour.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
RIP my sweet Birb. I can't revive you this time. Scum will pay for their crimes

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Let’s see...

Where b- was right:
1. Hal was scum

Where b- was wrong:
1. Literally everything else

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s see...

Where b- was right:
1. Hal was scum

Where b- was wrong:
1. Literally everything else

:same: except I haven’t gotten anything right at all

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
¯\_:ghost:_/¯

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
hey nep, is there a reason you didnt protect the odd cop last night?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
With 7 players at the time still alive, the other cop being someone who would investigate non-town, and presumably a framer still alive, I convinced myself scum wouldn't prioritize hawke.

I won't say who I protected last night today.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Part of what fed in to this was Toal's flip- Toal really was rb'ed n3, when there was no kill, meaning it was less likely to me that they tried to kill hawke to begin with.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I believe I should be the lynch today. My post history is garbage and scum are just going to leave me alive so we need to ditch me now imo. But scum played their hand, I would never kill hawke.

It can't be Sal unless the framer had a one shot vig which would be weird. I don't believe it is AA or Max. That leaves binus or nep nep.

My current :tinfoil: theory is that nep nep arrived and saw everyone else claimed and called doctor since no one else had. The only save this game was more likely than not a result of a role block. And like:

Nep-Nep posted:

Part of what fed in to this was Toal's flip- Toal really was rb'ed n3, when there was no kill, meaning it was less likely to me that they tried to kill hawke to begin with.

This line of thinking doesn't make any sense to me. "We don't know who scum tried to kill N3 anymore so it probably wasn't Hawke" which matters why when considering a N5 doc?

Others may disagree and have in the past, but I'm a firm believer in "once claimed always claimed" and here at the end game for Nep Nep to say "Hey I will not announce who I tried to doc" strikes me as weird.

But, I am probably overthinking things, because, as I said earlier,

chaoslord posted:

I haven’t gotten anything right at all

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Given that my target survived the night last night and was not the target of the nk last night, it would only benefit scum if I revealed the information.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

chaoslord posted:

This line of thinking doesn't make any sense to me. "We don't know who scum tried to kill N3 anymore so it probably wasn't Hawke" which matters why when considering a N5 doc?

That's not really quite what I'm driving at. It's not that I was thinking it probably wasn't hawke, but that I no longer felt confident it was hawke.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nep-Nep posted:

Given that my target survived the night last night and was not the target of the nk last night, it would only benefit scum if I revealed the information.

I extremely don't believe this but I'll table it until after the game because it gets into a lot of boring mafia game theory

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nep-Nep posted:

That's not really quite what I'm driving at. It's not that I was thinking it probably wasn't hawke, but that I no longer felt confident it was hawke.

OK, but why was that at all relevant when you decided not to protect hawke?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

chaoslord posted:

OK, but why was that at all relevant when you decided not to protect hawke?

Because they had 2 even numbered chances to kill Hawke and I'm sure they didn't try on those nights, when it was probably a safer play. Convinced myself he wasn't a priority for them until the end.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I investigated CLord, he came up town. Don't bother with him imo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nep-Nep posted:

Because they had 2 even numbered chances to kill Hawke and I'm sure they didn't try on those nights, when it was probably a safer play. Convinced myself he wasn't a priority for them until the end.

Why would they try to kill the odd cop on an even night?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Killing birb was a misplay I think on scum's part but they may have assumed I was protected instead.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not going to vote b- since I got a town result on him as well. I think his play yesterday was bad but not enough to hang him for it today.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

chaoslord posted:

Why would they try to kill the odd cop on an even night?

The scum team hasn't behaved in a robotic manner with regards to cops the entire time. N2 they could have dunked Hawke just to get him out of the way- remember KB didn't put up a fight d3 so it's not like the plan was to cast a reasonable doubt as to whether it was him or hawke. N3 the scum team tried to kill ???. Then d4 AA and Max did the claim swap to draw fire to AA but that didn't happen either. So, I don't know.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
With 3 scum dead and the game continuing we are either 1 scum, 1 3p, or 1 scum and 1 3p. I appreciate that my Miller status hasn't been a huge issue. This is my 1st time playing a real one.

I have been pretty focused on the other game for the last 48ish hours so I would like some time to go through and refresh myself here. I'm proud of how town is doing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Nep nep Scum doctor?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Maybe I'm stupid but why would scum have a doctor?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i was scum doctor in a cpig game once

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah scum doctor isn’t a super common thing but it shows up every once in a while to mess with folks perceptions.

That said, I think the final scum has to be framer because of the incorrect cop result, so it would be a doctor fakeclaim

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
just re-read this post and heh

chaoslord posted:

My current :tinfoil: theory is that nep nep arrived and saw everyone else claimed and called doctor since no one else had. The only save this game was more likely than not a result of a role block. And like:

i had the exact same thought. actually, nep-nep claiming doctor was the least surprising thing to me.

also forgot about this post:

A Sometimes Food posted:

Umm

How is this a defence?

We had no nightkill.

On the night I roleblocked you.

You are almost certainly scum.

so yeah, ##vote nep-nep

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Bump

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah I do find that interesting that the one night Nep was roleblocked was the night we didn't have a kill

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think toal was roleblocked

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That statement was ASF talking about Toal. I don't think anyone ever claimed to RB me, nor do I claim that. I haven't been roleblocked during this game.

I don't really know what to think at this point but I feel someone has played me. I need time to think about this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I think toal was roleblocked

gently caress you are correct. I shouldn't PWT.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm slightly bothered because I liked Nep-Nep's posting yesterday, as they had a good read on me and AA (bias) instead of throwing down with Toal to try and get me lunched, like Toal was doing. I want to go back and see who else was tacitly agreeing with Toal but it's possible scum didn't bother since they figured Toal was dead meat due to the investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh but there aren't many people left. B- flipped town, same as clord. I trust AA is town at this point, he's shown enough paranoia in mason chat that doesn't look faked at all. I'd have expected a paranoid AA to have murdered me to death out of fear of me investigating him at this point.

That leaves Nep-Nep, who has no result, and Sal, who claims to be a miller now so there is no point in throwing an investigation that direction.

• Locked thread