Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
might be posting a link to a windows binary in a bit if i can figure my way through the rest of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

gobs_crawl.exe posted:

SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND

e: apparently I hosed that up. sorry all
https://github.com/jabberzac/gobsprogram/wiki/Gob%27s-Program-Specification

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 29, 2018

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I was lurking the Roguelike thread and ended up here. Obligitory need outrage time: they removed the prayer button?

Where would you go to read the changelog on DC:SS? And this is relevant to thread cause I will definitely try goon crawl and die in it until I get discouraged and drop the game, making it a successful roguelike.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I was lurking the Roguelike thread and ended up here. Obligitory need outrage time: they removed the prayer button?

Not only that, the game itself knows this was the wrong choice - when you stand on an altar and press any unbound key (such as p, but also space) it tells you how to use altars (they are now staircases).

changelogs:
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/docs/changelog.txt
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commits/master

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Play GoonCrawl.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

rchandra posted:

Not only that, the game itself knows this was the wrong choice - when you stand on an altar and press any unbound key (such as p, but also space) it tells you how to use altars (they are now staircases).

Stairway to heaven

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Just got back into online play. I was so mad when I saw Wu Jian walljump turned into an activated ability, and was gloriously relieved to find out there is an RC option to return it to normal. FoFi*Jian is just so much fun - you can dig, lunge stab, whirlwind, and riposte all in one turn. And because swiftness works with walljump, its just like the old one turn walljump. These are old gifs but still apply:

Outrunning a black mamba with walljump tunnels

Dig-lash-stabbing (watch the turncount)

Formicid stealth makes jumping incredibly powerful in places like the Vaults where you cannot dig killholes, and whirlwind with long blades and high evasion and a good brand is just disgusting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Formicid of Wu Jian sounds amazing. A giant twirling mass of metal spinning through the air cutting things to ribbons. What class did you start as, Fighter? Monk?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

My two wins were FoMo http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/twelwe/morgue-twelwe-20170312-082122.txt
and FoFi http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/twelwe/morgue-twelwe-20170316-160656.txt

I did monk first because I wanted to walljump asap the second I heard about it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PMush Perfect posted:

Formicid of Wu Jian sounds amazing. A giant twirling mass of metal spinning through the air cutting things to ribbons. What class did you start as, Fighter? Monk?

Starting class doesn't really matter other than "does it have a melee weapon" vs "does it have a book".
But monk sucks.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Starting class doesn't really matter other than "does it have a melee weapon" vs "does it have a book".
But monk sucks.

For me it was that walljump was a **…. ability and that's what monks get. So much impatience

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im probably going to use the activated ability version if it comes to gooncrawl cause i bounce off walls like a moron while manually traveling

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trying to create an installer for this again lmao

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jesus christ im bad at this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

posting??? yeah!!!!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a fair cop

e: thats slang kids, never trust cops

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Only rely on your +6 Rapier of Piercing "Killer Klown's Dream," cops will never help you.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

posting??? yeah!!!!

I`ve qualified to post more now that I play more

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Gooncrawl status update:
-Infusion and Deflect Missiles are now permabuffs! Slight change to Deflect Missiles: instead of dropping the Deflect effect if you fail the spellpower check, you will instead lose 6 MP when it happens (what the cost of recasting it would be).
-Dispel effects (like cancellation potions and Yara's Unravelling) will now drop permabuffs. Whoops!

Got some holiday time coming up soon, so hopefully I can knock out updates faster than normal whenever I'm not busy with family!

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

what happens if you don`t have 6mp?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

parthenocarpy posted:

It causes an underflow and you have 65535 MP instead.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

parthenocarpy posted:

You just go to 0 MP.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
success! but i discovered a small bug so im recompiling. stand by

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IY2uCnMmA5cgm-KuCUVWVeXITX1sa1PQ

mire hag is an experimental replacement for sludge elf, same with madhkur / deep dwarf, so im hoping for some feedback especially on those but also please give feedback on all the experimental species lmao this took so long and i dont know anything about coding / etc (still dont)

added species: mire hag, madhkur, dvergr, dwarrow, carcine, grey elf, yeti

e: its only the windows build but ill probably do a mac build later (i mean i could just compile for myself but theres probably at least one other saddo) (if you use linux i expect you to know how to do it for yourself tbh)

also yes i know the species selection screen is hilariously broken just heading that off

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 3, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my next goals are buffing hep nonhexer ancestors w one weird trick and also large species w another

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as one who wanted yetis added i will check this out later today

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
your wish has been granted~

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Guess it's time to fix the laptop.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can play as a yeti............

we did it, redditsomething awful............

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

actually not entirely sure what the 'madhkur' species is supposed to be since there's no brief description on the species screen for it. it was kind of surprising to find out it's like some weird cross between deep dwarves and undead.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Irradiated Dwarves.

They're "survivors" of when a dwarven underground NPP melted down and flooded the tunels with combination of radioactive elements and magical contomination.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo i might have forgotten to write their description lmao

basically imagine deep dwarves being undead and having no potions/food and deterioration and also healing is paid for by risking statrot. theyre inspired by the origin of norse mythological dwarves, who were originally the maggots feeding on ymir's carcass before being gifted with form and minds by somebody or other. the idea here is that their undead are prone to reversion back towards that maggoty state when injured and when trying to heal

basically the proposal is to replace deep dwarves with a species that isnt so binary about gods

none of these have been balanced in the slightest so if its broke to hell let me know

e: weird. it should be displaying their thing, the codes there. must be part of me breaking the species selection screen lmao

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 4, 2018

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If they’re maggots, they should be able to heal with chunks.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats just turboghoul

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dibs on that thrash metal band name.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
theres no bandcamp youre good to go

also a quick google search yielded this

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
now theyre getting rid of labyrinths??

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one starts to get the impression that the main fork devs are deliberately trying to make the game+pop splinter lmao

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

nerve posted:

now theyre getting rid of labyrinths??

Now be fair, gammafunk replaced them with a Gauntlet which is..a branching mini-zig with the minotaur featuring as a boss battle.

Really has some variation to flagged portals which is a fight against themed orcs, or ziggurats which is a series of ever-expanding carpet fights.
:thunk:

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

Now be fair, gammafunk replaced them with a Gauntlet which is..a branching mini-zig with the minotaur featuring as a boss battle.

Really has some variation to flagged portals which is a fight against themed orcs, or ziggurats which is a series of ever-expanding carpet fights.
:thunk:

must have run out of space in the code again