Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

gey muckle mowser posted:

I bought a thing of peppermint bark to bring to a party this past weekend but ended up not going, so now I have a big container of it. I tried it this morning and it's really good, I have no self control with peppermint things though so I'll probably just binge on it all week til it's gone.

Also I got these little French crepe things that are super tasty. Blessed sugar overload.

Self-control hack: if today’s gey muckle mowser eats it all then tomorrows gey muckle mowser can’t eat it. :engleft:

durrneez fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

How much was this food scale you speak of?

25 bucks! It’s white with LEDs and made by Taylor. Pretty snazzy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Don't you have to pay cash/debit at Arco? I'd rather put it on my card and get sweet, sweet points.

I think it's Arco card price which is advertised, then cash/debit which is like $0.15 more. Always gets my parents when they visit.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

I think it's Arco card price which is advertised, then cash/debit which is like $0.15 more. Always gets my parents when they visit.

No, Arco is cash/debit only, they don’t take credit at all.

Lots of other stations do the “discount for cash” prices though

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

FCKGW posted:

No, Arco is cash/debit only, they don’t take credit at all.

Lots of other stations do the “discount for cash” prices though

The Arco's here in northern WA take credit... thats all we use there.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Fridge delivery update: delivery dudes called about 30 min before arriving, showed up within the previously scheduled 2 hour window, and were super nice on the install and takeaway.

One of the guys pointed out a small dent and noted I could get a whole new fridge delivered or a discount. The phone manager people offered $300 off the price (dent was maybe quarter sized and on the side of the door so barely noticeable), so now we have a new fridge with even better savings PBUC.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Bummey posted:

They had this popcorn out for samples today. It was kinda bland. :|

Bland is literally the last word I would use to describe Popcornopolis Zebra popcorn but you may have gotten a bad spread of kernels.

You want to get a kernel with just caramel, then a kernel or two with white/dark/milk chocolate. But still - I'm just amazed that someone said this popcorn is bland because it loving blows up my taste buds.

And not to be that guy but I'm a well traveled and experienced cook so it's not like I'm Karen from Ohio trying to explain how food works

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

fart store posted:

say that you're an atheist and keep walking

I like the cut of your jib

naem
May 29, 2011

is that she popcorn that is half cheese, half caramel because I ate like a gallon of that stuff recently

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I wish they had just the caramel corn and buttered popcorn in the tins without the cheese corn.

(Cheese corn is bad, y'all.)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
white cheddar popcorn is good bitch

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I like eating popcorn that makes me wish i was eating cheetos

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Went to the Co at lunch

Bought 2 pizzas and a dog to treat everyone at work to lunch. $23.

Also bought a Sherpa and a new comforter.

PBUC.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

durrneez posted:

Self-control hack: if today’s gey muckle mowser eats it all then tomorrows gey muckle mowser can’t eat it. :engleft:

:hmmyes:

Side note, I got an eye exam at costco yesterday. The doctor dilated my eyes and I had to kill 10 minutes while the drops kicked in, so I got a hot dog for the first time ever and it was pretty good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gey muckle mowser posted:

:hmmyes:

Side note, I got an eye exam at costco yesterday. The doctor dilated my eyes and I had to kill 10 minutes while the drops kicked in, so I got a hot dog for the first time ever and it was pretty good

You missed out when they had the polish dogs. They were legit.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You gotta make sure you get the kraut and onions and hot peppers, too. I thought Costco dogs were only okay until I learned to ask for all the dressings at the counter.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schadenboner posted:

I wish they had just the caramel corn and buttered popcorn in the tins without the cheese corn.

(Cheese corn is bad, y'all.)

Do they have just cheddar cheese popcorn because

Chinatown posted:

white cheddar popcorn is good bitch

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You mix the cheese popcorn with the caramel popcorn. It's called chicago mix.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Powershift posted:

yeah you do it in a 13 gallon plastic bag and then your used coffee grounds go on top. welcome to chicago.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Powershift posted:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-garretts-chicago-mix-1218-biz-20141217-story.html

lol that a chicago popcorn company got sued over this name by a Minnesota one

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Taima posted:

And not to be that guy but I'm a well traveled and experienced cook so it's not like I'm Karen from Ohio trying to explain how food works

I need a resume and list of all places you have been ASAP. Or else I have to agree with the other guy that zebra flavored popcorn is banned.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I bought the Zebra popcorn last night and I think it is delicious. The wife agrees and says I need to go buy more. I may be from Ohio, but she is not.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I tried the Zebra.
I liked it, it was so good.
I ate the whole bag.

A Costco haiku.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Park in back and walk.
The journey to the hot dog.
A reward well earned.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Chinatown posted:

Park in back and walk.
The journey to the hot dog.
A reward well earned.

I always park as far back as I need to to get a space on the column that has a path in the middle to walk on. The baby boomers that frequent my church do not seem to care about the sanctity of human life and are too busy trying to beat each other to the stoplight one block from the parking lot to notice if there is a pedestrian in front of them. I could evade them just fine if it was only me, but I usually have a 4 year old and an 8 year old with me.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Went to the Co at lunch

Bought 2 pizzas and a dog to treat everyone at work to lunch. $23.

Also bought a Sherpa and a new comforter.

PBUC.

CO version of the loaves and fishes, or given the season the Hanukkah story. A single dog fed an entire company.

PBUC indeed

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Bought the zebra popcorn, thought it was okay but missing something, yet every time I open the jar I'm keeping it in, I keep taking more than one handful. It grows on you.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Phylodox posted:

You gotta make sure you get the kraut and onions and hot peppers, too. I thought Costco dogs were only okay until I learned to ask for all the dressings at the counter.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Wait.

What?

Hot peppers?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
AT COSTCO, um anyone try the Kirkland tissues? Same/no difference to Kleenex brand?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

El Jebus posted:

AT COSTCO, um anyone try the Kirkland tissues? Same/no difference to Kleenex brand?

Never tried but considering other Kirkland paper products are good quality I wouldn't be surprised that its the same.

So...slice or dog?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

So...slice or dog?

Both.
Why is this even a question?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Chinatown posted:

Never tried but considering other Kirkland paper products are good quality I wouldn't be surprised that its the same.

So...slice or dog?

Since it's almost 2pm, just a slice and soda. Gotta be hungry for dinner...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Both.
Why is this even a question?

1500 calories is alot for one sitting.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Chinatown posted:

1500 calories is alot for one sitting.

Welcome to the Something Awful forums.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

El Jebus posted:

I think the difference is the Kirks come in a longbox?

They were nice and soft when I had a terrible sinus infection last year. Went through like 2 boxes of them at home. Got back to work and the poo poo they had was like the poo poo that Van Damme dipped his hands into during Bloodsport.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I don't think the Kirkland tissues come with the impregnated lotion like Puffs and Kleenex offer. Lotion tissues are life so if I am wrong please let me know.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

El Jebus posted:

They are different

They are smoother and not as puffy

When you get down to the last ones in the box they go from white to more and more beige

I think they are a lot nicer than Kleenex or Puffs

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

raton posted:

They are different

They are smoother and not as puffy

When you get down to the last ones in the box they go from white to more and more beige

I think they are a lot nicer than Kleenex or Puffs

I went with the Kirkland's.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I don't think the Kirkland tissues come with the impregnated lotion like Puffs and Kleenex offer. Lotion tissues are life so if I am wrong please let me know.

They didn't have the lotion version of the Kleenex so I went with the Kirkland's.

There were short and long boxes of both. We've got a bunch of family coming to stay with us so I went with short boxes for everyone.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What is a short box

You guys mean the cubes instead of the rectangles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

raton posted:

What is a short box

You guys mean the cubes instead of the rectangles?

Yes.