Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Interesting. So do you think it is believable that someone has the role name "Serial Killer"?

Marking this for later because I would like to take a bit about this but don’t want to get ahead of Nat answering. You’re make an interesting case, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Yes I'm suspect of KB. But it's just suspicion. I know my alignment (Town). If KB is town we have spent the entire day arguing while scum team sits around laughing. It's not a weird comment to make.

I forgot that you said you aren't feeling yourself so excuse me for being short.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

I've been sitting on another reason that I find Sal suspicious, and thinking about it further I feel like it makes more sense to just say it: I started the game in an unconfirmed masonry with Solus and peramene (that was separate from my masonry with Pod). Solus being in it means that scum knew about it from the start.

I think Sal accidentally naming pera instead of pod as my masonry partner was a scumslip.

quoting myself for a new page

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Genuine mistake but at this point :shrug:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Scum team I'm imploring you to just go ahead and hammer me.

##vote Sal

Making it easier for you. I'm just so Goddamn mother loving frustrated right now with town.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

(typos corrected per request)

I've been sitting on another reason that I find Sal suspicious, and thinking about it further I feel like it makes more sense to just say it: I started the game in an unconfirmed masonry with Solus and peramene (that was separate from my masonry with Pod). Solus being in it means that scum knew about it from the start.

I think Sal accidentally naming pera instead of pod as my masonry partner was a scumslip.

The only other explanation is that Sal, in addition to being the victim of the world's most unlucky firecrackers, also accidentally managed to confuse one of my mason partners (Pod, who he knew about) with another (peramene, who he shouldn't have).

I don't know the exact numbers off hand, but those are pretty terrible odds :rolldice:

THIS is information I like.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Scum team I'm imploring you to just go ahead and hammer me.

##vote Sal

Making it easier for you. I'm just so Goddamn mother loving frustrated right now with town.

We still need three more votes on top of yours, right...? You might still have a long wait, Sal-san!

Haha, maybe it's even enough time for a pity play to work.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Like I've tried. I've really loving tried to not get upset about this, but Jesus Christ I got targeted for some reason and can't handle the pressure. So just loving end it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Like I've tried. I've really loving tried to not get upset about this, but Jesus Christ I got targeted for some reason and can't handle the pressure. So just loving end it

(breaking stride for a sec)

Please don't think that people casing you is personal! Literally it's just that (a) by definition, a certain number of people are lying and (b) I feel like I've found things that make me suspect you're one of them. I would expect you to do the same to me.

If you're town, I wholeheartedly apologize for being wrong on my read; if you're scum, I promise you I empathize with hating the position you're in now (which is why I haven't gotten through a scum game in two years without completely clamming up)

Don't let it actually bring you down :glomp:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

(breaking stride for a sec)

Please don't think that people casing you is personal! Literally it's just that (a) by definition, a certain number of people are lying and (b) I feel like I've found things that make me suspect you're one of them. I would expect you to do the same to me.

If you're town, I wholeheartedly apologize for being wrong on my read; if you're scum, I promise you I empathize with hating the position you're in now (which is why I haven't gotten through a scum game in two years without completely clamming up)

Don't let it actually bring you down :glomp:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In the meantime... it's true we didn't get to talk much about the others. It would be good to review all our reads before we wrap things up today.

The new masonry information makes me want to reconsider pera-sempai again. Yami has also been contributing well when he's around... so besides Sal and b-minus, the next person I'm most suspicious of is jimmy.

Looking back over jimmy's posts, he seems to be going for only safe opinions and ways to engage. Things like objecting to Yami's miller claim, or weighing in on imgay... a debate which had completely justifiable positions on both sides. Or talking about the mechanics of us new vampires, or the timezones people live in.

I'm still a little suspicious of Kitiara too, but I'd much rather go after jimmy first. And if he does turn out to be scum, that would reflect well on her!

Rhjamiz I still need to review some more before I can make up my mind.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This is the sound of scum being quiet because a townie is about to be killed.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (4): King Burgundy, Bifauxnen, peramene, Murmur Twin, peramene, SalTheBard
b-minus1 (3): Rhjamiz, Natural 20, Yami Fenrir, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
Rhjamiz (1): peramene, peramene, Anonymous
Bifauxnen (1): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Anonymous
King Burgundy (1): SalTheBard, SalTheBard, b-minus1, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
peramene (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Natural 20 (0): jimmydalad, jimmydalad
Kitiara (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, jimmydalad, Kitiara, peramene

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 50 minutes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

SalTheBard posted:

Yep it’s really annoying

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Yep it's really annoying

Yup. Congrats scum!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

“I’ve been playing a super scummy game, why does anyone think I’m not town?” - Sal, probably

##vote sal

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

b-minus1 posted:

Yep it's really annoying

Who are your biggest suspects outside of each other / KB and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Like if you two are town, I feel like the onus is on you guys to scumhunt and convince your teammates they're wrong.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Like if you two are town, I feel like the onus is on you guys to scumhunt and convince your teammates they're wrong.

Too busy not answering KBs questions and taking about KB tunneling him to hunt scum

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Alright. I just woke up, got to work and caught up.

We have to remember that it's only D2 and we don't really have *that* much to go on. So we have to set for whomever we think is most scummy. I have suspicions on Rhj, Jimmy and yammi (in that order). But I don't really have anything solid on those last 3; whereas, I really feel like there's something to B- and Sal.

Basically due to the arguments underlined by other people before me.

I am suspicious of Sal because he claimed that he didn't go creative on his role. But then his role is the opposite of un-creative (if you want to see un-creative, wait until you see my flip). The role happened to be too convenient with both his brother and the killer dying on the same day. And there was that pera/pod thing that with the masonry information seems a bit coincidental. Two coincidences in a row and add in some scummy posting/neglecting on calling out people = a vote for D2.

##vote Sal

As same as with Day 1, if B- is lying we would be able to catch him a lot easier than if Sal is lying. Additionally, if B- isn't lying then his role a lot more useful than Sal's.

With that said, Sal's defensiveness reminds me of how he was behaving in Gradschool when Jimmy (my scum bro on that game) was screwing up and I'm still carrying guilt about it. So I would be okay with lynching B- first and then find a way of egging Sal's house if he's lying.

Kitiara fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 6, 2018

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I changed a vote for D2 (from a vote for D1) above.

Sincere apologies for the mafia edit, I thought ninjas were okay and I must have missed it by a second.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

So I would be okay with lynching B- first and then find a way of egging Sal's house if he's lying.

You are like the 2nd or 3rd person that's said "Would vote B-" but then votes for me. If you are ok with killing B- first commit to B-

Here is how you commit:

I think B- it's scum and I would beer ok voting B-

##vote B-

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I haven't ignored you mmt because I know that's coming next

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (5): King Burgundy, Bifauxnen, peramene, Murmur Twin, peramene, SalTheBard, chaoslord, Kitiara, SalTheBard
b-minus1 (4): Rhjamiz, Natural 20, Yami Fenrir, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
Rhjamiz (1): peramene, peramene, Anonymous
Bifauxnen (1): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Anonymous
King Burgundy (1): SalTheBard, SalTheBard, b-minus1, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
peramene (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Natural 20 (0): jimmydalad, jimmydalad
Kitiara (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (2): jimmydalad, peramene

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 28 minutes.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’d rather not be the one to be the hammer vote because I’m pretty much on my way out atm. Just been feeling empty and crap in general which is affecting my ability to be active in the game. If I have to vote to avoid a mislynch, I would, but I’d rather not be the one to screw someone over when I’m probably not gonna be in the game for that much longer.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

Pera for their weird unjustified vote. B- and then scum leaning KB. I still have yet to see Pera put pen to paper to explain that one.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Murmur Twin posted:

like I said earlier, i think scum are coasting by lurking and are happy letting this day play out by lynching me or sal

nat20's posts were scummy af earlier. he showed up, tried to put more suspicion on me by accusing me of lying about my role, then disappeared.
jimmy, humalong, rhjamiz, basically no content. just driveby posts.

i think sal is town and don't want to vote him. if that means that i have to be the one to by lynched me then ok, whatever. something has to move the game froward. i would rather lynch a lurker, we have many to choose from

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
whats up with the anonymous votes?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

jimmydalad posted:

I’d rather not be the one to be the hammer vote because I’m pretty much on my way out atm. Just been feeling empty and crap in general which is affecting my ability to be active in the game. If I have to vote to avoid a mislynch, I would, but I’d rather not be the one to screw someone over when I’m probably not gonna be in the game for that much longer.

I hope you feel better and you're always welcome to hit me up if you want to talk non-game stuff with someone who cares
:glomp:

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't ignored you mmt because I know that's coming next

I'm trying to be conscious of the fact that regardless of alignment, this is clearly stressful for you. I feel like I've made my case and don't want to pile on.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Vampires. They posted without spoilers to prove it and got anon votes

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

whats up with the anonymous votes?

I believe they're hated stacks that come from imgay's vampire ability not being adhered to.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

What does this mean? Are you trying to find a replacement or something? I hope you feel better, but I really don't understand.

--

No one is at -1 right now, so you wouldn't be hammering anyone. And you would probably need to pick your best candidate to help avoid a miscuddle, given that you and pera are the only ones not voting and B- is unlikely to vote for himself or Sal.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

like I said earlier, i think scum are coasting by lurking and are happy letting this day play out by lynching me or sal

nat20's posts were scummy af earlier. he showed up, tried to put more suspicion on me by accusing me of lying about my role, then disappeared.

i think sal is town and don't want to vote him. if that means that i have to be the one to by lynched me then ok, whatever. something has to move the game froward. i would rather lynch a lurker, we have many to choose from

I mean, I'll take the bait here I guess, like Charlie Brown, since you still haven't answered this question any of the other million times and are pretending to be active now.

Why do you think I'm scum?

Am I your #1 scum pick? If not, why are you still voting me?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Town:

How can you look at posts like KBs and think he's town?

YOU MUST VOTE FOR ONE OF THE TWO PLAYERS I SAY.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would be extremely suspicious of anyone putting me in a list of possible scum

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
B- if you aren't voting me, I won't vote you.

##vote kb

If you let KB live today and he's scum and scum wins you have nobody to blame but yourselves. See you at deadline.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I feel like the thunder some between you and B- has been established as you guys have the most compelling cases at the moment and the momentum is against you. I feel like the onus is on you or b- to present a compelling enough case to shift the momentum from you to somewhere else.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

"Nat20 is scummy because he showed a literal contradiction between my D1 and D2, then disappeared, after clarifying said contradiction, multiple times."

I'm not moving my vote.

Minus is scum, Sal is town.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

Town:

How can you look at posts like KBs and think he's town?

YOU MUST VOTE FOR ONE OF THE TWO PLAYERS I SAY.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Natural 20 posted:

Minus is scum, Sal is town.

You might be right but basically every post Sal makes is a scummy post

• Locked thread