Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Man, Hallowicked and Ophidian have been with Chikara for so long. That's pretty drat impressive. I hope they have successful side gigs.

Back when I was super into Chikara I remember someone saying that Hero said in that super long shoot video that Hallowicked doesn't branch out because it's a hobby for him and he's doing well.

I believe UMB is a librarian, aside from his band under the same name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought Ultramantis was supposed to be some minor league baseball player whose identity and photos would be out there so his name was some super guarded thing.

But maybe that was just Quackenbush/Chikara fan nonsense.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I thought Ultramantis was supposed to be some minor league baseball player whose identity and photos would be out there so his name was some super guarded thing.

I like his band. But I've never seen his name online, and I found Super Dragon's name online pretty easily.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if i were running beyond i would simply have the wrestler who is currently the ace wear a hat that says "top dawg" on it. other wrestlers would come out and say "david starr i am the true top dawg of beyond wrestling" or whatever and then the victor of that match would show up to the next show wearing a big stupid baseball cap that says "top dawg"

this started as a joke but i'd love a fed that replaced belts with stupid hats.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The only true prize for being the Ace is a Tanahashi T-shirt but nobody will be able to win it because even on the indies in a small building there is only one Ace and it is Tanahashi

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The only true prize for being the Ace is a Tanahashi T-shirt but nobody will be able to win it because even on the indies in a small building there is only one Ace and it is Tanahashi

Somewhere, Ace Darling and Ace Steel weep stoically.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm here for Nick Gage murdering an ant.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

shiksa posted:

if i were running beyond i would simply have the wrestler who is currently the ace wear a hat that says "top dawg" on it. other wrestlers would come out and say "david starr i am the true top dawg of beyond wrestling" or whatever and then the victor of that match would show up to the next show wearing a big stupid baseball cap that says "top dawg"

Presenting the MILF HUNTER Champion Of The World, Chad Bradwick!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I Before E posted:

Presenting the MILF HUNTER Champion Of The World, Chad Bradwick!

yes main eventers are competing to be TOP DAWG and the midcarders put on thrilling 5 star classics for the title of Intercontinental MILF HUNTER, maybe get some beer holder hats for the tag teams, this is the future of wrestling baby

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

shiksa posted:

yes main eventers are competing to be TOP DAWG and the midcarders put on thrilling 5 star classics for the title of Intercontinental MILF HUNTER, maybe get some beer holder hats for the tag teams, this is the future of wrestling baby

The tag team championship is of course I'M WITH STUPID hats

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

shiksa posted:

Drew is going to chain you to the foodtruck

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I think the only reason Beyond has monogrammed turnbuckle pads is because a fan bought them as a gift.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

STAC Goat posted:

He used to be but he retired after havung some problems with his pitching arm.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think Ultramantis also sells/sold used mid-century modern furniture with one of the guys from Pissed Jeans. I bought some tables from them a few years back and they gave me a hell of a deal. Not sure if he's still involved or not now, though.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

I Before E posted:

The tag team championship is of course I'M WITH STUPID hats

after a grueling series of death matches, a bloody nick gage proudly holds aloft his prize, the HOOF HEARTED hat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Phenix Rising posted:

I think Ultramantis also sells/sold used mid-century modern furniture with one of the guys from Pissed Jeans. I bought some tables from them a few years back and they gave me a hell of a deal. Not sure if he's still involved or not now, though.

Presumably the guy from Pissed Jeans who was Mr Zero?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

Presumably the guy from Pissed Jeans who was Mr Zero?

Not sure if he was Mr Zero, but the guy is Bradley Fry. I think he was also in the band The Ultimate Warriors who have a great song about why Bull Nakano is the best and Madusa should be burned.

https://youtu.be/WAZyMQAKR7o

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Phenix Rising posted:

Not sure if he was Mr Zero, but the guy is Bradley Fry. I think he was also in the band The Ultimate Warriors who have a great song about why Bull Nakano is the best and Madusa should be burned.

https://youtu.be/WAZyMQAKR7o

Yup, Brad was Mr Zero

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/JustinSysum/status/1070354912561778688

Immediately followed by:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I was cringing a little reading Sysum's thing but those corporate rear end responses are the dirt loving worst. It's bad enough when the WWE guys dogpile someone who actually deserves it (Lio, Dave) with their embarrassing tweets but when they're clearly in the wrong.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

good to know the WWE social media guy has control of the UK guys' twitters too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Glad to see the corporatist bootlickers get outed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That guy worked WWE and wanted a contract but didn't get offered and knows he never will so he's trying to get a profile bump out of it. All four of those dudes suck rear end

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's still not wrong though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BSS dogpiling on a World of Sport guy is astoundingly pathetic hahaha

cannot believe these rumors, absolutely shameful
*entire NXT roster pulled from fight club show in japan*
simply rumors, don't believe what you read online
*BSS lose loser leaves company match in company one member founded*
Bollocks and hearsay, can’t believe someone would tell lies on planet earth

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 5, 2018

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
All within 10 minutes of each other. Imagine if they coordinated this well in favor of their fellow wrestlers?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jeeeesus christ im watching the teddy hart poppin dogs and talkin hogs and god i've been in this situation so many times, at some guy's house who is oddly popular, and insists that everything is cool but you still feel like this guy could possibly snap at any moment, and you're just waiting until you can leave. and he just keeps telling worse and worse and worse stories and you just try to avoid saying anything just to keep from rocking the boat. like, chuck says maybe 20 words during the entire interview and looks so uncomfortable, and im right there with him. ive been at those gatherings hosted by dudes who have some sort of issues, and where the party seems like kind of a captive situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vzKgD89oOE

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I believe UMB is a librarian, aside from his band under the same name.
Aye. A few years ago I saw a message board post that figured out who he was.

Larry Sweeney's 'shoot' FB page had 5 guys listed as brothers, one of whom didn't appear to have any pics.
That guy's name matched the name of a guy who worked at Lehigh University (where part of the Ashes series was filmed - and I believe Quack has admitted as part of a previous angle that 'wrestler x even showed up at UMB's workplace'), had a birthdate that was in the right time frame, and previously went by the name 'Yuletide' online (check the tattoos).

Then it got super-weird as someone found his marriage date, which matched the date UMB tweeted something along the lines of "Alright UMB, don't screw this up"

All the evidence points to it being him.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

jeeeesus christ im watching the teddy hart poppin dogs and talkin hogs and god i've been in this situation so many times, at some guy's house who is oddly popular, and insists that everything is cool but you still feel like this guy could possibly snap at any moment, and you're just waiting until you can leave. and he just keeps telling worse and worse and worse stories and you just try to avoid saying anything just to keep from rocking the boat.

Yeah any interview with Teddy Hart, especially ones where there’s more than one person involved, just remind me of hanging out with the one dude who’s kind of attached to your friend group but you’re making eye contact with the other guys with eyebrows raised like “what the gently caress is happening” while he’s ranting but you stay chill because he might go after your throat with his teeth

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Even the trailer for Teddy's episode plays up the "We don't know what's going to happen next!" aspect and it's a rare instance of that actually being followed through on, I kept worrying every time they laughed we'd have a Joe Pesci Goodfellas situation.

It was viewed in PSP and we had fun but it's the most uncomfortable thing I remember watching in there, at least the girls in Scott Steiner's workout video probably wanted to be there.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I can't watch that Teddy poo poo it's like when your normal dealer is tapped and your backup dealer thinks he's going to hang out for 3 hours

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Part One

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1070800069392240642

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Unless they're doing Part Deux at Hammerstein after the MSG show ends, that sounds lame

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 7, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m guessing that’s in response to NXT running against them now

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope that Janela can make a good enough living so that he never has to go to WWE and can keep doing stuff like this.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m guessing that’s in response to NXT running against them now

JJSB fully sold out in 60 seconds, doesn't really matter where NXT moved

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1071046623445307392?s=19

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
3-4 years ago on a podcast Dave Prazak said SHIMMER never broke even. Lots of cross-country and international flights involved in their shows.

https://twitter.com/nmatthewsninja/status/1068208175264845824

Beyond Wrestling wise I've heard endless "this is the last show unless it draws" talk over the years. But intermittent hot runs/exciting new talent sustained it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thorne and DC being drunk as gently caress and talking about the horrors of promoting while trying to sell Beyond to Ron Funches instead of calling a match kinda sums up the state of indie wrestling.