Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

ZypherIM posted:

Stockholm time eh? I'm finding some unsettling connections between that and the discussions here (nice guys, horse sex, and robortions).

Well, since Paradox HQ is in Stockholm it makes sense for them to use that timezone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

welp, the bad news is, I just got fired. On the bright side, tomorrow is now free...

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

AI might be broken though. It's possible this release is a bit hot out of the oven.

At least I can spend some time just making a new selection of empires to force spawn in my galaxy.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
They're going to wait until everyone has left the office for the day, then Wiz is going to get as close to the door as possible, lean all the way over and quickly jab the Enter key to release the game before sprinting out of the building. Then leave everyone to complain for 12 hours before the have to look at it again.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

They're going to wait until everyone has left the office for the day, then Wiz is going to get as close to the door as possible, lean all the way over and quickly jab the Enter key to release the game before sprinting out of the building. Then leave everyone to complain for 12 hours before the have to look at it again.

A good plan.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
quill18 made a bunch of races if you're lazy.

https://gist.github.com/quill18/696a88c2bc4d488af65e44330d2c45f6

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Pretty much all games release on Steam at 9am PST - we have been over this.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah didn't the last one drop early?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I just hope the 3rd party steam key seller I got from actually sends the keys on time, I've had weirdness with sites like that before. Sometimes accidentally releasing hours early, sometimes days late.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I’m imagining the free candy van, except with “Steam keys” on the side.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I’d hop in

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

CBN_Shaggy posted:

Presenting the best of both worlds :P

Stellaris 2.2: Broke: Tiles | Woke: Uplifting horses to ask for consent.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CBN_Shaggy posted:

Changing my vote to this, it is very good.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Captain Monkey posted:

Changing my vote to this, it is very good.

I'm investing my influence into supporting this candidate as well.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

CBN_Shaggy posted:

This is a winner.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

An idea just occurred to me; it should be entirely possible to mod the branch office mechanic for other ends, especially for instance allowing a nice xenophile empire to set up things like disaster relief organizations, education institutions, diplomatic services, cultural exhibitions, all kinds of stuff that could both help your friends and boost relations. Or the contrary, black ops sites, terror cells, infiltration so you can be Romulans or the Dominion.

Fake e; was just about to post when I realized that the thing we REALLY need is to be able to put stuff on primitive worlds! Then you could have all kinds of ways to influence them beyond just one of a couple of overall options. Build an Education Foundation and help them advance through the ages better, and integrate faster when they get to space. Medical facilities to ingratiate yourselves or deploy chemtrails to genemod them. Secret facilities that let you go Full Ethereal, and XCOM2 them. Instead of just choosing a policy from an orbital station, you place facilities that open up policy options.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Possible suggestion: Replace horses with roaches.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Nessus posted:

Countersuggestion: Replace roaches on a post apocalyptic Sol III with horses

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Ms Adequate posted:

Horses are way too fragile to have Tomb World preference.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nessus posted:

Glitterhoof isn’t a roach!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

HiKaizer posted:

Horses are way too fragile to have Tomb World preference.
We're not talking about the conventional everyday horse such as you and I might see a rich person ride.

We're talking about space stallions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ms Adequate posted:

An idea just occurred to me; it should be entirely possible to mod the branch office mechanic for other ends, especially for instance allowing a nice xenophile empire to set up things like disaster relief organizations, education institutions, diplomatic services, cultural exhibitions, all kinds of stuff that could both help your friends and boost relations. Or the contrary, black ops sites, terror cells, infiltration so you can be Romulans or the Dominion.

Fake e; was just about to post when I realized that the thing we REALLY need is to be able to put stuff on primitive worlds! Then you could have all kinds of ways to influence them beyond just one of a couple of overall options. Build an Education Foundation and help them advance through the ages better, and integrate faster when they get to space. Medical facilities to ingratiate yourselves or deploy chemtrails to genemod them. Secret facilities that let you go Full Ethereal, and XCOM2 them. Instead of just choosing a policy from an orbital station, you place facilities that open up policy options.

There are a lot of hooks in this release that enable a wide scale diplomatic revamp. It’s gonna be awesome.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Ms Adequate posted:

Make one of the possible Sol IIIs be a middle-ages period Earth, only populated by Horses.

Bonus points if there's a species of humans that are proles.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Stellaris 2.2: "My Tiles for a Horse's Consent!"
Changing to this (and pouring out a 40 for remove tiles, insert genitals)

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1070595376103768064

More on Penal/Resort/Thrall worlds

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Please tell me a thrall world with the dangerous animals or high gravity modifier does weird stuff. Same for penal colonies and other negative modifiers.

Actually, has there been any word on there being more modifiers?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 6, 2018

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

If you move your capital to a penal world do you get elite troops?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Stellaris 2.2: It's a thrall world after all

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

THis thread is moving to fast, can I play my Crimepire empire yet. Cool poo poo is I have this and distant worlds as never played before expansions so this poo poo is gonna feel extra new. I heard something called the L gate gate opens some horrible poo poo but I have been unspoiled beyoind that so thats the first thing imma do

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

ZypherIM posted:

Stockholm time eh? I'm finding some unsettling connections between that and the discussions here (nice guys, horse sex, and robortions).

Swedes are deviant weirdos indeed.

Has anyone ever made a CK2 style empire pack for stellaris? Making Sweden a vassal of Denmark as it should be would be fun :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Stellaris 2.2: Now with even more atrocities (no tiles tho)

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Axetrain posted:

THis thread is moving to fast, can I play my Crimepire empire yet. Cool poo poo is I have this and distant worlds as never played before expansions so this poo poo is gonna feel extra new. I heard something called the L gate gate opens some horrible poo poo but I have been unspoiled beyoind that so thats the first thing imma do

Not yet, but only a few hours away (like 6-8 hours). L-Gates are super cool and I had a great time when I first opened one, but sometimes they're a little lame. Keep expectations in check and don't get too disappointed if you're let down. Have a good time.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Is there a list somewhere of what the new ethos modifiers are? (I assume they're getting changed again)

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Nalesh posted:

Swedes are deviant weirdos indeed.

I'll have you know beastiality has been illeagal here since 2014 :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Darkrenown posted:

How many political factions do you have

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Darkrenown posted:

You can't fool us with your blatant spelling errors. Bestiality is still mandatory for all Swedes.

Although I haven't done anything as robust as counting, I think the horse-tile hybrid thread title is in the lead. Get any final votes in before 1600 GMT, and then I'll send it to mods.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Splicer posted:

How many political factions do you have

Literally too many to form a government, we had a general election back in September and they can't agree on who gets to run things :sigh:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

They can probably all agree on WHERE to run it!

:regd08:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Vavrek posted:

Have a good time.

Always do wit this game.

until i have to decide on a species, then madness descends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Stellaris 2.2: A de-tiled horsefucking simulator