Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

chaoslord posted:

You might be right but basically every post Sal makes is a scummy post

Yes.

That is called town Sal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Natural 20 posted:

Yes.

That is called town Sal.

Are you saying that scum Sal doesn't also do this?

Also, you didn't answer my question about Serial Killer.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
If I do need to choose between the two, I feel like Sal is playing an emotional town game. Though some of the stuff is raising my eyebrows, I feel like I want to trust his emotional-ness, which I know is slightly hilarious coming from the person that did the Grad School Mafia thing.

I feel more comfortable ##vote b-

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

Are you saying that scum Sal doesn't also do this?

Also, you didn't answer my question about Serial Killer.

King Burgundy posted:

Interesting. So do you think it is believable that someone has the role name "Serial Killer"?

Yeah it's plausible. If that role name were to have been submitted though, I would put a vast, vast sum of money on Asiina making it town or scum instead of 3P.

Additionally, yes, but scum Sal is vastly more collected on a consistent basis as scum:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850008&userid=73870&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Note Sal's first scum game where he is consistently completely chilled out for the entire time even after being hit by a gotcha on a watch.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862250&userid=73870&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Note another Sal scum game where he's consistently chilled out the entire time.

Spoilers, Sal is much more calm as scum than as town because he has an outlet to chat to people about.

I wonder which is the game in which a town Sal under consistent pressure remains calm:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847201&userid=73870&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Oh it's Fate Stay Night where he had a masonry.

So I should say that, Sal with a chat outlet outside of the thread is consistently more collected than Sal absent that same outlet. It's plausible that he could be acting but I don't really buy it for the moment.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah it's plausible. If that role name were to have been submitted though, I would put a vast, vast sum of money on Asiina making it town or scum instead of 3P.

Additionally, yes, but scum Sal is vastly more collected on a consistent basis as scum:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850008&userid=73870&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Note Sal's first scum game where he is consistently completely chilled out for the entire time even after being hit by a gotcha on a watch.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862250&userid=73870&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Spoilers, Sal is much more calm as scum than as town because he has an outlet to chat to people about.

I wonder which is the game in which a town Sal under consistent pressure remains calm:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847201&userid=73870&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

So I should say that, Sal with a chat outlet outside of the thread is consistently more collected than Sal absent that same outlet. It's plausible that he could be acting but I don't really buy it for the moment.

This has convinced me you're town, at the very least. And it's a pretty convincing argument in Sal's favor, too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Natural 20 posted:

You are going to laugh your rear end of when you read my confessional discord where I say the exact same thing about needing an outlet

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Natural 20 posted:

Hmmm.

Ok, this is convincing. I'll give it a day for more things to come to light.

##vote Bminus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm.

Ok, this is convincing. I'll give it a day for more things to come to light.

##vote Bminus

Lmfao nice

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Actually I kinda agree.

##vote b-minus

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

Lmfao nice

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, I'll take the bait here I guess, like Charlie Brown, since you still haven't answered this question any of the other million times and are pretending to be active now.

Why do you think I'm scum?

Am I your #1 scum pick? If not, why are you still voting me?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
should be interesting to see how this plays out. i think you guys know what to do tomorrow

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

For the record, I still find it immensely suspicious how hard it was to get Sal cuddled here.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

You are like the 2nd or 3rd person that's said "Would vote B-" but then votes for me. If you are ok with killing B- first commit to B-

Here is how you commit:

I think B- it's scum and I would beer ok voting B-

##vote B-

This is fair, but like I said I was mostly basing it on the fact that B- had a. a more useful role to town and b. a role we could verify.

I do feel like Sal has put in more effort in declaring his townie-ness than B-, who has kind of given up. I also gave B- a pass D1 due to his role (which didn't clear him today) and he also refuses to give any reads on scum. So:

##vote B-

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

For the record, I still find it immensely suspicious how hard it was to get Sal cuddled here.

This. Consider it noted and agreed.

Also I didn't realise I was casting the hammer :redhammer:. Sorry to those I screwed up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PREVIEW: FFS people

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (7): Rhjamiz, Natural 20, Yami Fenrir, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Kitiara
SalTheBard (2): King Burgundy, Bifauxnen, peramene, Murmur Twin, peramene, SalTheBard, chaoslord, Kitiara, SalTheBard, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Kitiara
King Burgundy (2): SalTheBard, SalTheBard, b-minus1, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
Rhjamiz (1): peramene, peramene, Anonymous
Bifauxnen (1): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Anonymous
peramene (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Natural 20 (0): jimmydalad, jimmydalad
Kitiara (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (1): peramene

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 17 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
b-minus1, Billy Costigan, Scum-aligned Role Watcher/Role Tracker was executed D2.

quote:

You are Billy Costigan

You are an Odd Night Role Watcher/Even Night Role Tracker

On odd nights, you choose a target. you won't learn who visited them. Instead, you will learn the role of the person visiting your target. On even nights, you choose a target. You will learn the role of the person that your target visits.

You are Scum and win when you control the vote.

jimmydalad, Carbuncle, Town-aligned Mirror has requested to be modkilled D2.

quote:

You are Carbuncle

You are a Mirror

Each night you may choose someone to apply mirror to. Any action targeting them will instead be reflected back onto the originator. You may not target the same person multiple nights in a row. You may target yourself.

You are Town and win when all threats to town have been removed.

It is now N2.

Actions in 12 hours please, so preferably sometime before tomorrow morning.

Nights will remain open.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

That’s a lie I killed jimmy

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

The new masonry information makes me want to reconsider pera-sempai again.

i dropped some breadcrumbs and am only saying this here now so that i personally don't forget, 'cuz I hid them in imgay's spoiler tags. will explain at dawn! ❤

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:rip: Jimmy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Asiina posted:

b-minus1, Billy Costigan, Scum-aligned Role Watcher/Role Tracker was executed D2.

I AM SO loving GOOD AT THIS GAME.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Natural 20 posted:

I AM SO loving GOOD AT THIS GAME.

I am not worthy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nobody died N2.

It is now D3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Rhjamiz (1): Anonymous
Bifauxnen (1): Anonymous

Not Voting (12): Bifauxnen, chaoslord, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Max, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, peramene, Rhjamiz, SalTheBard, Yami Fenrir

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 09th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote pera

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Forgot to remove jimmy

Votecount for Day 3

Rhjamiz (1): Anonymous
Bifauxnen (1): Anonymous

Not Voting (11): Bifauxnen, chaoslord, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Max, Murmur Twin, Natural 20, peramene, Rhjamiz, SalTheBard, Yami Fenrir

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 09th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote pera

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Oh thank god I'm free.

I'm cool with a pera vote. She's next on my list anyway. Nat and Sal are off it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://imgur.com/a/UMuW8mz

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I was going to ask what the gently caress is max doing here but then I decided it didn't matter.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://imgur.com/a/gtgLwm6

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TEN, HAAARD TEN! FIVE-FIVE MAKES TEN
FIELD ROLL, HARD WAYS PAY
DON'TS AND COMES TO THE TEN

Hard ten makes a happy town :slick: I've learned something interesting last night that I will be sharing later today.

Max posted:

##vote pera

Welcome to the table :rolldice:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't like to gamble, thank you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So I had an ability that I neglected to mention. I basically had a one shot vig that doesn't kill people of my same alignment (IE It wouldn't kill a town player). I tried to vig KB last night because i figured one way or the other I could tell his alignment. As KB is still alive I feel reasonably comfortable saying that I now believe he's town. My vig was juggernaut so I know I wasn't roleblocked.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

So I had an ability that I neglected to mention. I basically had a one shot vig that doesn't kill people of my same alignment (IE It wouldn't kill a town player). I tried to vig KB last night because i figured one way or the other I could tell his alignment. As KB is still alive I feel reasonably comfortable saying that I now believe he's town. My vig was juggernaut so I know I wasn't roleblocked.

Interesting!

(a) Can you paraphrase your role as you sent it in?
(b) Who do you think is scum now?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Cool, my PoE list looks even better to me, then

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

Interesting!

(a) Can you paraphrase your role as you sent it in?
(b) Who do you think is scum now?

Hider - Until bro dies Simon is a coward

1 shot juggernaut loud vig - can only be used once, will not work against same alignment

1 shot bulletproof - Simon can fight through grievous wounds and heal with spiral energy

I will answer b later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
##vote sal

I really wanted to know too, so thanks for testing it, and so seriously too.

gonna be a real short day folks.

• Locked thread