Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Michael Avenatti’s live-in lover who claims he dragged her across the floor in her underwear and called her an 'ungrateful b***h' as they fought over money as old photo emerges of them partying together in NYC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6410693/Husband-actress-filed-restraining-order-against-Michael-Avenatti-speaks-out.html

Harvey Weinstein accused of sexually assaulting 16-year-old virgin
https://pagesix.com/2018/10/31/harvey-weinstein-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-16-year-old-virgin/

USA Skateboarding's Neal Hendrix accused of molesting teenager
https://sports.yahoo.com/usa-skateboardings-neal-hendrix-accused-molesting-teenager-152708208.html

Alex Trebek met with 'Jeopardy!' staff at the start of #MeToo: 'I said, "This has got to be a scary time for men"'
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/alex-trebek-met-jeopardy-staff-start-metoo-said-got-scary-time-men-173315318.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fox, National Geographic, and the producers of Cosmos are investigating new allegations of sexual misconduct against Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Hollywood Reporter posted:

Two women came forward with claims of inappropriate sexual advances in a story in Patheos on Thursday. In 2014 a first accuser, a former classmate of deGrasse Tyson's at the University of Texas in Austin, accused him of rape in a blog post.

“We have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson. We take these matters very seriously and we are reviewing the recent reports," Fox and National Geographic said in a statement.

The producers of Cosmos added in their own statement, "The credo at the heart of COSMOS is to follow the evidence wherever it leads. The producers of COSMOS can do no less in this situation. We are committed to a thorough investigation of this matter and to act accordingly as soon as it is concluded.”

They previously ordered a second season of Cosmos (with Tyson still hosting) that was scheduled to premiere sometime next year

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Good long piece about Terry Crews and when he was assaulted.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/amp24526058/terry-crews-interview-masculinity-2018/?__twitter_impression=true

Edit:

Can we not link Daily Mail accusations until a news source that doesn't constantly lie corraborates the story . I'm not saying those stories are necessarily false, but they've published a lot of untrue stories about celebrities in the past, not just about sexual assault, but standard gossip stuff too.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 1, 2018

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

Fox, National Geographic, and the producers of Cosmos are investigating new allegations of sexual misconduct against Neil DeGrasse Tyson

They previously ordered a second season of Cosmos (with Tyson still hosting) that was scheduled to premiere sometime next year

This Patheos article has more details about the allegations, including stuff like this:

quote:

Specifically, Watson said Tyson occasionally made “misogynistic comments,” and that he kept a list of overweight actresses on his phone to prove that women aren’t inhibited by portrayals in the media when it comes to health and fitness. He allegedly said it was untrue that women feel pressured to be skinny based on societal standards.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:ironicat:

Like, what can you even say to that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's not that surprising that a contrarian internet atheist guy turned out to hate women.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
He has a rebuttal out.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/neil-degrasse-tyson/on-being-accused/10156870826326613/

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

quote:

Further, I never touched her until I shook her hand upon departure. On that occasion, I had offered a special handshake, one I learned from a Native elder on reservation land at the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Well that's a new one

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
He's exactly the sort of pedantic dickless who would go case-by-case through their multiple allegations and offer a complete revision.

This is reading a lot like Woody Allen's kid's essay before.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

quote:

And while I don’t explicitly remember searching for Pluto at the top of her shoulder, it is surely something I would have done in that situation. ... I was reported to have “groped” her by searching “up her dress”, when this was simply a search under the covered part of her shoulder of the sleeveless dress.

It sounds like you do explicitly remember, but you gotta make sure to add that plausible deniability if this ever goes to trial.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
"Looking for Pluto" and "special Native handshake" all sound like codes for sex acts

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Unrequited lechery is creepy, but cultured unrequited lechery is

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

I saw posted in another thread that the below was in reference to China Mieville, but it's drat hard to find any more information. Anyone know anything?

http://bidisha-online.blogspot.com/2012/12/emotional-violence-and-social-power.html

L0VE
May 3, 2010

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I saw posted in another thread that the below was in reference to China Mieville, but it's drat hard to find any more information. Anyone know anything?

http://bidisha-online.blogspot.com/2012/12/emotional-violence-and-social-power.html

I remember reading that one when it was posted in I think the Fantasy/Sci-fi thread, thinking that something absolutely monstrous must have happened since the blogger seemed so reluctant to spell out the details. But then at the end all I could gather was that she had been lied to while the guy was cheating on her. A real rear end in a top hat move by the guy, but her saying "[She] was set up, groomed, emotionally manipulated, sexually exploited" might be an accurate description, yet it sounds a lot worse than "He cheated on me during our relationship". Was a while ago and I'm not a native English speaker so very possible I missed something.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

L0VE posted:

I remember reading that one when it was posted in I think the Fantasy/Sci-fi thread, thinking that something absolutely monstrous must have happened since the blogger seemed so reluctant to spell out the details. But then at the end all I could gather was that she had been lied to while the guy was cheating on her. A real rear end in a top hat move by the guy, but her saying "[She] was set up, groomed, emotionally manipulated, sexually exploited" might be an accurate description, yet it sounds a lot worse than "He cheated on me during our relationship". Was a while ago and I'm not a native English speaker so very possible I missed something.

Yeah that’s incredibly long and by the end I’m still not sure what she’s saying happened.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well no, it was "he manipulated me into sex while also manipulating a ton of other women, some of whom I worked with, into sex the exact same way at the same time". She also seemed to insinuate it was like, really nasty or degrading sex or something?

Basically he's a piece-of-poo poo PUA and apparently a misogynist who liked to pick on and use successful woman because that got him off. Because of some sick power-trip thing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

In case anyone had any doubts that Lena Dunham was a piece of poo poo: https://forward.com/schmooze/415469/lena-dunham-apologizes-admits-she-lied-to-discredit-alleged-rape-victim/

Edit: Grammar is hard.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 7, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I forgot to post this yesterday, ty

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
How the gently caress does Lena Dunham have the cushiest role in life and still gently caress it up so absolutely so consistently? It's on a par with Elon consistently failing the demands of his job, which is just to exist.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Super permissive bohemian parent(s)?

I mean I don’t know anything about her father but her mother is like every Fox News cliche’ of a East Coast liberal rolled into one person.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Snowman_McK posted:

How the gently caress does Lena Dunham have the cushiest role in life and still gently caress it up so absolutely so consistently? It's on a par with Elon consistently failing the demands of his job, which is just to exist.

Entitlement.

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012
Every time I read anything about Lena Dunham, my mind immediately snaps to how, when she was a teenager, there was a profile published in the goddamn NYT about her throwing a small dinner party for a few high school friends. It just explains so much about so much.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Louis CK did a set where he basically just talked about how bad his year has been without ever apologizing for what he did. One woman didn't enjoy it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

chitoryu12 posted:

Louis CK did a set where he basically just talked about how bad his year has been without ever apologizing for what he did. One woman didn't enjoy it.

Haha, badass.

But also, top comment :rolleye:

quote:

Actually, that was pretty sad. It’s not very nice to bully a person who’s in a bad place and isn’t allowed to work even though he didn’t commit a crime or anything. His apology was the sincere one. Obviously, it wasn’t written by some PR team and he admitted that his behavior wasn’t ok. It wasn’t criminally wrong or anything like that. He could have lied like every other scumbag.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm always confused why more people don't do poo poo like that. Disappointed more than confused. Good for her.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm always confused why more people don't do poo poo like that. Disappointed more than confused. Good for her.

I dunno about heroic but that’s a fucken great heckle

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Heckling is risky, cause a lot of comedians have prepared a ton of material specifically for hecklers.

It's actually weird that he hasn't done that, especially since he had that whole scene in season 1(?) where a woman heckles him and he just jizzes comebacks all over her & then she wants to gently caress, according to his comedian buddies. And iirc it's supposed to be based on a true story, or one that he told to Opie & Anthony like years earlier.
:thunk:

If I was a tinfoil hat type I'd say he intentionally blanked on her heckle to seem more vulnerable.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Krankenstyle posted:

If I was a tinfoil hat type I'd say he intentionally blanked on her heckle to seem more vulnerable.

I think it's more likely that "GET YOUR DICK OUT" is not usually in the repertoire of heckles he's used to hearing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Maybe not since he started doing theaters but his material was always dirty so he definitely got dirty heckles, there's no question. Strangely there aren't any heckling clips to find on youtube that aren't rebranded versions from his own show or him telling stories on various talkshows?

Anyway, this old clip is him talking about how it made him feel to be heckled one time, and his reactions and feelings are very interesting I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JzmwZJ5eM&t=26s

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I think it's more likely that "GET YOUR DICK OUT" is not usually in the repertoire of heckles he's used to hearing

Nobody’s ever made that request, he would just do it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Krankenstyle posted:

Maybe not since he started doing theaters but his material was always dirty so he definitely got dirty heckles, there's no question. Strangely there aren't any heckling clips to find on youtube that aren't rebranded versions from his own show or him telling stories on various talkshows?

Anyway, this old clip is him talking about how it made him feel to be heckled one time, and his reactions and feelings are very interesting I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JzmwZJ5eM&t=26s

I think the most interesting thing he said was "Chck chck na na, ba, chck nera."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's probably been a very long time since he's been heckled. Before the whole masturbation thing he was selling out concert halls, no one is going to pay what it costs to be within earshot of him just to try and ruin his set, and for this comeback tour, so far it's probably mostly been people too shocked to see him to be able to heckle. I hope this story goes viral and inspires a slew of copycats.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
There's just no argument he or the club can possibly make that he's entitled a heckler free set, because they keep doing this poo poo where he pops up unannounced for a "surprise performance". Nobody is there because they thought they'd have a nice evening out listening to a sex pest try to begin his comeback, they have every right to tell you to gently caress off.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Krankenstyle posted:

Heckling is risky, cause a lot of comedians have prepared a ton of material specifically for hecklers.

Your prepared material only works if you can keep your cool because the person just said something stupid that doesn't actually pertain to something personal about you. It's hard to come back from something that's specifically crafted from something in your life that's targeted to just remind everyone in the room what an awful piece of poo poo you are. That person wasn't heckling because she was wasted or just came there to talk to her friends over the show or because she thought he wasn't funny, really - it's barely even a heckle at that point, it's just straight up a situationally appropriate form of protest.

And even with the former scenario, I've found that there are way less videos of comedians "owning" hecklers than there are videos of comedians just having meltdowns on stage that live and die on just how much a boorish mass of sycophants their fans are.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Basebf555 posted:

There's just no argument he or the club can possibly make that he's entitled a heckler free set, because they keep doing this poo poo where he pops up unannounced for a "surprise performance". Nobody is there because they thought they'd have a nice evening out listening to a sex pest try to begin his comeback, they have every right to tell you to gently caress off.

The surprise performance thing is apparently a common deal in comedy for bigger names and isn't at all exclusive to Louis CK.

That being said, the reason that comedians like doing these performances is so you get a reaction from real people who aren't necessarily fans rather than the reaction of people who paid $100 for a ticket, and "people are super pissed at you for whipping your dick out in front of your colleagues" seems like valuable feedback that he should take into consideration.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

enki42 posted:

The surprise performance thing is apparently a common deal in comedy for bigger names and isn't at all exclusive to Louis CK.

That being said, the reason that comedians like doing these performances is so you get a reaction from real people who aren't necessarily fans rather than the reaction of people who paid $100 for a ticket, and "people are super pissed at you for whipping your dick out in front of your colleagues" seems like valuable feedback that he should take into consideration.

There's a slight difference between Bill Burr or Kevin Hart testing some new material before going on tour and someone who has been publicly ostracised for sexual abuse trying to make a comeback.

If I was at some random during open mike night and someone like Billie Joe Armstrong came out to do an unannounced acoustic set I'd be excited even though I don't like Green Day that much. If Gary Glitter did the same thing I'd be pretty loving upset with the venue.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

K. Waste posted:

Your prepared material only works if you can keep your cool because the person just said something stupid that doesn't actually pertain to something personal about you.

True, I'm not a comedian. CK has been in the industry since like 1990, it's either very shameful or very calculated that he did not have a comeback to her heckle. That's all I'm saying.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Skwirl posted:

I hope this story goes viral and inspires a slew of copycats.
:yeah:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I hope someone heckles Louis CK by hitting him in the neck with a baseball bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Burn his vacation homes down imo, the body heals in time but money spent is gone forever