Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lol at anyone who puts me on their scum list

Who are your top 3 scum picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

Kit, for someone who is scum-reading me because I "lurk" or whatever, you sure aren't interested in making me contribute or asking me questions or attempting to extract any information whatsoever from me. Why?

Because I don't really do this? I ask things that I am curious about to players, but it's not my job to extract information. I know it's good for town, and I try to do it sometimes, but it's not something that comes naturally to me.

I'm happy that KB is doing it on behalf of town, but ultimately you should be pulling your weight here. Additionally, you haven't been lurking as much Day 2 or Day 3, so my post was in relation to your lurking on D1. I still find that particular lurking to be scummy. KB also noted that your role appears to be different than imgay's (in that imgay didn't seem to need to bite to get rid of his thing, he just needed some emerald), so that's one more tick on your list.

With that said, I did just think of a question for you: why did you chose to bite KB and Bif (2 of the 3 top posters) just to free yourself? This was a very un-townie and selfish thing to do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Hello.

Hi Max. I asked questions. Did you see them?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lol at anyone who puts me on their scum list

I have been ignoring you for now, because I don't really know what to make from you being in the game. But if you are going to be posting, can you at least contribute to the game in some shape or form? What are your reads? What can your role do? What is your win condition? Can you clarify anything for us?

Even if you're scum, you should be trying a bit more here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Max. I asked questions. Did you see them?

No.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Hello.

Please see this post:

Kitiara posted:

I have been ignoring you for now, because I don't really know what to make from you being in the game. But if you are going to be posting, can you at least contribute to the game in some shape or form? What are your reads? What can your role do? What is your win condition? Can you clarify anything for us?

Can you please answer these questions too? You guys signed up to this game, can you please play it?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Because I don't really do this? I ask things that I am curious about to players, but it's not my job to extract information. I know it's good for town, and I try to do it sometimes, but it's not something that comes naturally to me.

I'm happy that KB is doing it on behalf of town, but ultimately you should be pulling your weight here. Additionally, you haven't been lurking as much Day 2 or Day 3, so my post was in relation to your lurking on D1. I still find that particular lurking to be scummy. KB also noted that your role appears to be different than imgay's (in that imgay didn't seem to need to bite to get rid of his thing, he just needed some emerald), so that's one more tick on your list.

With that said, I did just think of a question for you: why did you chose to bite KB and Bif (2 of the 3 top posters) just to free yourself? This was a very un-townie and selfish thing to do.

I picked Bif and KB because they posted the most. I'm aware that this isn't, strictly speaking, pro-town. But this is a CYOR game and I decided their annoyance was a sacrifice I was willing to make for my own amusement.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Kitiara posted:

I will highlight the inconsistency of writing the above and then interrogating Max and Humalong lol. I know I'm getting called out on it, which fair enough. But it's still true.

I'm acting against my normal self, because a. I haven't slept and running on caffeine and b. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Humalong posting spam but not really playing the game. Is that his role? If you're going to lurk, then fine. I don't like it, but you do you. But if you're going to be posting, then please contribute and don't add to the confusion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Have you been reading the thread? Are you caught up? Who are your picks for scum?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, as pera already claimed, in this very thread that you are theoretically reading, I'm completely deathproof.

Did you hear Sal? Who are your top 3 scum?

Am I your #1? Why?

peramene posted:

Whether or not KB was actually serious hard-core death proof. Like... she got dogpiled last night. I'm gonna have to write a whole report and the university is gonna have to get involved.

also, not allowing solus to "pass" now makes perfect sense, so max i guess killed solus somehow

So this is the only reference pera makes to deathproof. It's ambiguous at best. Interesting that you turn it into an obvious full claim in a thread I'm reading.

Forgive me, I'm not going to provide my scum reads, I think you compiling them from everyone in a big list is a little bit suspect for my liking.

Oh and when I say

Natural 20 posted:

For what it's worth.

pera and Sal and Rhjamiz are 100% on the up and up about their actions.

I mean that. I heard Sal.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

I picked Bif and KB because they posted the most. I'm aware that this isn't, strictly speaking, pro-town. But this is a CYOR game and I decided their annoyance was a sacrifice I was willing to make for my own amusement.

Except that you are not annoying just them, but every single one of us. Thank you! [/sarcasm]

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Is anyone else bothered by Rhjamiz's vampire story shifting around so much?

And the loud result of seeing Sal, which he only gave after prompting, would Sal really be loud if his vig didn't actually work? pera-sempai's results seemed unrelated since she sees all attempts on female characters...

I'll hopefully have time to look over everything more when I'm done with all this work on my plate, but I wanted to get this concern out there for now.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Except that you are not annoying just them, but every single one of us. Thank you! [/sarcasm]

I'll take it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Apologies, it was a busy day at work, and I am now here, and free to not just do check bs posts.

King Burgundy posted:

[spoiler]
Compiling answers so far and a couple other comments/questions:

max: pera, bif

---So still ideally need reads from Max(you are part of this game now right? Have you been reading and keeping up with it? Scum picks?)

I am in fact part of the game now. I had intended to follow along but that kind of dropped off fairly quickly and I had this game on ignore for a while, so I'm taking tonight to read back through the pile.

Immediate things that popped out to me based on mostly today and some skimming

Has pera actually posted opinions on people, aside from saying I am somehow responsible for someone's kill? Solus? was scum so, OK.

Feels like MMT's town game, ez call.

This strikes me as Sal's town game as well, and given that it was apparently him or b- last night and b- flipped scum, that puts him in my leaning town column, along with Nat20, as loath as I am to admit that.

And now I'm going to crack open a beer and follow along. Ask questions as you see fit.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Is anyone else bothered by Rhjamiz's vampire story shifting around so much?

And the loud result of seeing Sal, which he only gave after prompting, would Sal really be loud if his vig didn't actually work? pera-sempai's results seemed unrelated since she sees all attempts on female characters...

I'll hopefully have time to look over everything more when I'm done with all this work on my plate, but I wanted to get this concern out there for now.

...What exactly is shifting?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kitiara posted:

Can you please answer these questions too? You guys signed up to this game, can you please play it?

I have literally only joined this game today.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

I have literally only joined this game today.

I know, and I apologize. It was built in frustration with Humalong and the game getting increasingly more confusing. We've killed 2 scum so far and avoided a NK last night, so I think we're doing well. But considering the role madness, I'm a bit paranoid about things.

I appreciate your response and look forward to your further contributions. So can you confirm that you did not make the Solus kill? Given that no one is raising their hands saying that they've killed scum, I will assume that Solus killed himself with some role shenanigans.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Some more ruminations:

Re-reading Solus, the biggest thing he does is throw out a vote for b-, who was his scum bud. Cool and good. I'll have to actually read through day 1 to see who else actually interacted with him.

b-: More stuff there at least

b-minus1 posted:

:cawg:

Fuckin lol. So you guys are definitely scumbos right

b- throwing this out there reads as real pushing, not fake scum-busing. Good for bif.

b-minus1 posted:

Oh now you don't think I watched pod? why would you think that. it must be because you visited pod last night. am i right?

His aggressiveness with KB doesn't look forced either.

The further along b- got into the day the more it looked like he was scrambling with that claim, his posting looks very reactive.

b-minus1 posted:

Lol nat and Yami

If you go back to the start of d2 it should be obvious what I was trying to do

Which also makes me think that posts like this are informative. I don't think he'd be yelling at his scum buds like this.

b-minus1 posted:

nat20's posts were scummy af earlier. he showed up, tried to put more suspicion on me by accusing me of lying about my role, then disappeared.
jimmy, humalong, rhjamiz, basically no content. just driveby posts.

i think sal is town and don't want to vote him.

Couple things here Nat20 comes up again, but the way b- has already interacted with nat20 makes me think they aren't aligned with each other, so that looks fake.

I saw him make zero mention of jimmy, humalong, or fhjamiz earlier. I can see him soft bussing some of his buddies there.

Not sure what to make of the sal comment, but I'm leaning on my feeling that this looks like town sal, given that he literally just did a similar thing in Jimmy Mafia where he did a one-shot and then immediately claimed it at town.

When I have a fresher brain I'll go back and look at who b- didn't really interact with. That's just what jumped out at me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kitiara posted:

I appreciate your response and look forward to your further contributions. So can you confirm that you did not make the Solus kill? Given that no one is raising their hands saying that they've killed scum, I will assume that Solus killed himself with some role shenanigans.

I understand the frustration.

I haven't had anything to do with this game until today, so no, I didn't kill Solus. If no one has claimed it, then yeah, that's probably an SK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Couple things here Nat20 comes up again, but the way b- has already interacted with nat20 makes me think they aren't aligned with each other, so that looks fake.

Should read: that looks like a fake case that he was trying to actually push, not a scum bus.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was about to post about how Jimmy was one of the early tie breaker votes but he removed himself from the game, missed that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In that case, the vote remained pretty tied up, and a few votes went Sal's way before things swung over to b-

I'm looking at these two in particular.

chaoslord posted:

“I’ve been playing a super scummy game, why does anyone think I’m not town?” - Sal, probably

##vote sal

Kitiara posted:

Alright. I just woke up, got to work and caught up.

We have to remember that it's only D2 and we don't really have *that* much to go on. So we have to set for whomever we think is most scummy. I have suspicions on Rhj, Jimmy and yammi (in that order). But I don't really have anything solid on those last 3; whereas, I really feel like there's something to B- and Sal.

Basically due to the arguments underlined by other people before me.

I am suspicious of Sal because he claimed that he didn't go creative on his role. But then his role is the opposite of un-creative (if you want to see un-creative, wait until you see my flip). The role happened to be too convenient with both his brother and the killer dying on the same day. And there was that pera/pod thing that with the masonry information seems a bit coincidental. Two coincidences in a row and add in some scummy posting/neglecting on calling out people = a vote for D2.

##vote Sal

As same as with Day 1, if B- is lying we would be able to catch him a lot easier than if Sal is lying. Additionally, if B- isn't lying then his role a lot more useful than Sal's.

With that said, Sal's defensiveness reminds me of how he was behaving in Gradschool when Jimmy (my scum bro on that game) was screwing up and I'm still carrying guilt about it. So I would be okay with lynching B- first and then find a way of egging Sal's house if he's lying.

I'm warming up to Kit's overly explicative reasons for voting for someone, so I won't call that out this game, but either way, worth looking at those two.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, beer o'clock.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

No.

I’ve definitely read every post in this thread.

Every night I visit a player as the ghost of mafia games past, reminding them of the mistakes they made.

My win condition is to be modkilled.

I can clarify that Yami is definitely scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Natural 20 posted:

So this is the only reference pera makes to deathproof. It's ambiguous at best. Interesting that you turn it into an obvious full claim in a thread I'm reading.

Forgive me, I'm not going to provide my scum reads, I think you compiling them from everyone in a big list is a little bit suspect for my liking.

Oh and when I say

I mean that. I heard Sal.

Hi Nat. Perhaps I'm bad at words.

Let me just say, try reading my post again with the assumption I am trying to catch Sal in a lie. Because that is what was happening in that post you seem to be voting me off. As opposed to hiding my ability or trying to pretend I don't know why I lived. I think if you take a moment and read the exchange more carefully, you will perhaps be able to better understand that?

On the deathproof, not only had pera claimed it in thread, but many people have known I'm deathproof in this game for quite some time now, as a result of the masonry that I believe is kind of in the open now. So I wasn't hiding anything. Admittedly, I was trying to keep it as non obvious as possible so that scum would keep trying to kill me and I was sad pera revealed it, because I'm trying to catch scum.

---

Also, I'm going to share more than I want to here, to try and get through to you. If you have, let's say, a scum result to reveal on someone. Generally, you want to find out what people think of that person before revealing, right? Surely, you can see the reason why I'd be asking for reads from everyone. Even someone for whom I happen to know there is a positive/towny result.

I realize you didn't want to try this game. But please, for me, try a tiny bit here. Thanks!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm very impressed, Max-san! I'm glad you could join us in this game.

Now to reply to Rhjamiz from earlier, please ignore my concern about Sal being loud. Other people besides pera-sempai and Rhjamiz also claimed to have seen him after all. This seems to be a pointless line of enquiry.

The part I thought was "shifting" was Rhjamiz saying that if you bite two people it goes away, then saying he found the stone. And he found it by lunching b-minus? I thought imgay said he had to visit someone who had it...

In any case, it's not quite as important as Rhjamiz willfully choosing two of the busiest posters with his power.

And to be honest, I also find it a bit suspicious for anyone to still believe I'm scum by now. I feel like my pure love of hope should be obvious to anyone, especially all of you with your incredible talents!

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

No.

I’ve definitely read every post in this thread.

Every night I visit a player as the ghost of mafia games past, reminding them of the mistakes they made.

My win condition is to be modkilled.

I can clarify that Yami is definitely scum.

Thank you. This is useful information. I wish you had shared this without prompting. Can you explain a bit more about your position on Yami? I take that you visited him and reminded him of the Night 1 kill?

Yami: you never responded the question asked about whether you were serious about being Miller. Can you explain the thought process of choosing that role?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Heyas, I've read all your posts so consider this a response to all of them rather then just this one. First, thanks for the early effort! Second look again at the way the day went down. What reason does scum bminus have for not pushing for town Sal's cuddle? Sal could be gone right now quite easily instead of Bminus. I believe the reason is that scum Bminus thought they would get more as a team, out of trying to sell Sal as the towny one because he had the better power. That is why he sort of melted down to try and distract attention and also why he refused to vote Sal, who was very close to going. I think you of all people, will see what I'm seeing there. This was two scum up for cuddle. I let myself be convinced by Nat20 to do bminus first, because his reasoning was sound, and I know he is likely town. But because he's decided not to give it his all this game, he is being fooled, in my humble opinion, by not thinking through the implications of the way the voting happened more carefully.

Like if the argument is, to fool us so that we'd cuddle Sal today, why wouldn't he just do that yesterday so that actual scum could live one more day first. Why would killing Sal today rather then yesterday be better for scum?

I have more to add here tomorrow once more has been said and I reveal the other results I know about.

On the Solus thing. I'll clarify that pera got a result that was like "solus wasn't allowed to pass thanks to someone mysterious"

So the obvious assumption, since you are Gandalf, is "YOU SHALL NOT PASS". But if it really wasn't you, then I'm thinking it was Hum and he's a mystery since he's not actually in the game, or whatever.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SalTheBard posted:

I just wanted to quote this post again and say I feel like this post is very out of character for MMT to make.

I've been casing you all game, what's surprising about me throwing out a vote? But I'll reiterate the things I find scummy:

Murmur Twin posted:

I've been sitting on another reason that I find Sal suspicious, and thinking about it further I feel like it makes more sense to just say it: I started the game in an unconfirmed masonry with Solus and peramene (that was separate from my masonry with Pod). Solus being in it means that scum knew about it from the start.

I think Sal accidentally naming pera instead of pod as my masonry partner was a scumslip.

Still think this is true. Click my name in the quote to see the context.

SalTheBard posted:

Day 2:

I'm Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann). I was a Hider since my bro Jon Joe was alive. When my bro is killed I get a revenge kill that is a Juggernaut kill called Giga Drill Break. However since the person who killed my bro also died I'm sort of left with nothing :-/ since Retro killed himself. I can only use my kill on the person that killed my bro (so there is a certain degree of guessing involved) and if I guess incorrectly my kill fails (as Simon would never hurt anyone that didn't wrong him). Like I said I wasn't very creative (which I think is part of why I'm a little "meh" on this game, because my big moment to Giga Drill Break someone was over in the first hour the game was open.

---

Trust me Bif I was really annoyed about it because I missed out on my epic giga drill break.

---

Like I've tried. I've really loving tried to not get upset about this, but Jesus Christ I got targeted for some reason and can't handle the pressure. So just loving end it

[b]Day 3:[b]

So I had an ability that I neglected to mention. I basically had a one shot vig that doesn't kill people of my same alignment (IE It wouldn't kill a town player). I tried to vig KB last night because i figured one way or the other I could tell his alignment. As KB is still alive I feel reasonably comfortable saying that I now believe he's town. My vig was juggernaut so I know I wasn't roleblocked.

---

Hider - Until bro dies Simon is a coward

1 shot juggernaut loud vig - can only be used once, will not work against same alignment

1 shot bulletproof - Simon can fight through grievous wounds and heal with spiral energy

There is a huge tonal mismatch between D2 Sal (who was expressed frustration at not having his vig that boiled over enough to share his role and self-vote) and D3 Sal (who revealed that actually his D2 claim was actually him strategizing. I don't buy it.

---

Also, if Sal is town and b- is scum, than why didn't scum jump in to hammer Sal? To me the better explanation for yesterday is that momentum was between two scum, which is why things stayed stagnant vote-wise for so long.

---

Finally - no one died last night. The only kill that we know of was aimed at KB, who has claimed deathproof. Doesn't Occam's Razor dictate that he was probably the scum NK and that Sal was probably doing the deed?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy, I suppose this may be covered when you reveal your results later today... but I'm concerned that if Sal and B- are both scum, Nat hasn't earned nearly as much town cred as people seem to think he deserves, right? How would this stack up against the "reasons" you mentioned earlier?

Nat-kun wouldn't be top of my list yet, though. Let's just leave him as my suspect number four, just in case that scenario turns out to be true.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Finally - no one died last night. The only kill that we know of was aimed at KB, who has claimed deathproof. Doesn't Occam's Razor dictate that he was probably the scum NK and that Sal was probably doing the deed?

If that were the case, neither I nor Nat20 would have seen him. And I feel like you should realize that as not-scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

King Burgundy, I suppose this may be covered when you reveal your results later today... but I'm concerned that if Sal and B- are both scum, Nat hasn't earned nearly as much town cred as people seem to think he deserves, right? How would this stack up against the "reasons" you mentioned earlier?

Nat-kun wouldn't be top of my list yet, though. Let's just leave him as my suspect number four, just in case that scenario turns out to be true.

I'll probably reveal all today including what the actual results are, once everyone is more on the record.

But in this hinting period, suffice it to say that unless he was not actually the target that was visited for the result(aka bus driver, etc), then he's clear.

I mean, there is one other possibility but I'm ruling it out in a CYOR. You know him better than I though. Would he be likely to ask for a role that would act like any kind of godfather?

I agree with you that in all other ways he is definitely seeming very fishy to me. I know Nat is a good player and I don't understand what he's doing.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max, I stand by my Sal vote, he was/is playing very scummy. You can argue that "Playing scummy is Sal's town meta", which does have some truth to it, I'll admit, but come on.

I absolutely did get bamboozled by binus, though.*

*this statement to be withdrawn if it turns out there is a player with the role serial killer

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I know that Bif mentioned something about my play but I can't find it amongst all the spoilers so this is a reply per memory: Sal is my strongest suspect, and so I'm trying to provide utility to the town by casing him.

That said, I really don't want the scum team to NK me :ohdearsass: and so I'm trying to be perhaps a little bit more chill than I might be if I were town.

Thanks for understanding! :tipshat:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rhjamiz posted:

If that were the case, neither I nor Nat20 would have seen him. And I feel like you should realize that as not-scum.

How do you figure?

Yes, it is clear that Sal has a LOUD JUGGERNAUT power. That doesn't mean that wasn't the scum kill.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

How do you figure?

Yes, it is clear that Sal has a LOUD JUGGERNAUT power. That doesn't mean that wasn't the scum kill.

...because there then would have been two kills/attempts, obviously?

If you were the scum NK target, and Sal is scum, why the hell would they use BOTH on you?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I know that Bif mentioned something about my play but I can't find it amongst all the spoilers so this is a reply per memory: Sal is my strongest suspect, and so I'm trying to provide utility to the town by casing him.

That said, I really don't want the scum team to NK me :ohdearsass: and so I'm trying to be perhaps a little bit more chill than I might be if I were town.

Thanks for understanding! :tipshat:

So how about them results?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rhjamiz posted:

Fair, I actually hadn't considered that. Hmm.

Still think he's scum though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rhjamiz posted:

...because there then would have been two kills/attempts, obviously?

If you were the scum NK target, and Sal is scum, why the hell would they use BOTH on you?

I'm saying there was a single scum kill and it was Sal's LOUD JUGGERNAUT. Do you know something I don't and they have two kills thanks to Sal? I mean, that WOULD be a drat good reason for bminus to throw himself on the fire to keep Sal in the game.

Good looking out.

• Locked thread